What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Today!! You’re Either A Genius or a Moron - Post Your Best Week 1 Lineup(s) For the Record (1 Viewer)

I kinda feel like I’m not the only one who wants to hear that story now.  :confused:
Haha. It's more the story of when I explain, people call it stupid and say they would just drop out of the league. But it's 20 years of friendships since freshman year of college and a chance to catch up once a year. 

Anyway we randomize every round by drawing ping pong balls from the league trophy each year on draft day. So every round really is luck of the draw. Tecent years have seen votes to change the draw to full snake or just to draw odd number rounds and following even numbered would be the reverse. They usually get voted down. Kinda wishe i had voted for the odd round draws this year. Would have had 2, 11, 5, 8, 5, 8 for the first 6 round (instead of 8, 1, 9, 11, 12, 12)

Last edited by a moderator:
 we randomize every round by drawing ping pong balls from the league trophy each year on draft day. So every round really is luck of the draw. Tecent years have seen votes to change the draw to full snake or just to draw odd number rounds and following even numbered would be the reverse. They usually get voted down. Kinda wishe i had voted for the odd round draws this year. Would have had 2, 11, 5, 8, 5, 8 for the first 6 round (instead of 8, 1, 9, 11, 12, 12)
Yep....That may well be the worst possible way to draft that I’ve ever heard of. 

That method actually makes snake draft sound appealing. lol

Yep....That may well be the worst possible way to draft that I’ve ever heard of. 

That method actually makes snake draft sound appealing. lol
It adds a bit of comradery to the draft. Whole process takes about an hour for 180 picks. Passing the trophy attempting to get the balls back in after each round. Prolly sounds better as a bunch of teenagers than it does now as 30 year olds haha.

10 tm ppr

Qb ryan

Rb kerryon, mixon , kamara

Wr allen Robinson , marvin jones (aj inj)

Te kelce, kittle

K nyg

De bosa, hunter

Lb labonte david, Moseley, littleton, leonard

S haha, minkah, Harrison 

Most likely will swap kittle out for damien William's

10 tm .5 ppr for rb and wr 1 ppr for te

Qb went,

Rb kamara damien William's

Wr obj, keenan, kupp

Te evan engram

K dan bailey

De ngakoue, cameron

Lb deion jones, Edmund's,  jaylon , roquan, mosley

S harrison , Jamal adams

16 team dynasty IDP league (3rd year in), .5 RB/1 WR/1.5 TE PPR (TE not required just higher ppr).

QB - Rogers

RB - Conner

Rec - Hopkins, M.Thomas, Diggs

Rb/Rec flex - A. Jones & E.Engram (have AJ Green when healthy) 

DL - Watt, Hunter

LB - Wagner, Kuechly, D.White (R)

DB - B.Baker, S.Williams

14 team redraft. Picked 14th. 

QB: Wentz

RB: Cook

RB: Royce Freeman 🤢

WR: Juju

WR: Godwin

WR: Golladay

WR: Robby Anderson

TE: Henry

Missed our on Montgomery and Breida by one pick.  Have a bunch of RBs stashed.  Freeman as RB 2 is not ideal (Duh) so a trade is more than likely coming  

Ruffrodys

Starting: MaHomes, Chubb, Ekeler (or Mack,) Hill, Thielen, Lockett, Andrews, Vinatieri, Browns 

Bench: Mack (or Ekeler,) R. Freeman, M. Davis, D. Hilliard, Golladay, Coutee, Campbell, Reynolds, Ross

RIP to a once great team Hyper-Active 1..  This team has gone 42-6 the last 4 years (12-0 last year) with 2 titles (3 in history of league).  Now I'm looking at the loss of Luck and Gronkowski to reitirement, the uncertainty of Gurley, the loss of Hunt (temporarily), the Antonio Brown turmoil.  I'm now looking at a roster with Kyler Murray, Foles and a bunch of other scrubs at QB.  I have Fournette, Gurley, Michel, Justice Hill, and Hunt at RB.  WRs are still strong with ODBjr, Brown,  and Julio Jones making the core.  I have high hopes for Deebo Samuel and Anthony Miller, but won't be counting on this right away.  Now that Gronk retired  I basically have Trey Burton and Dallas Goedert at TE.

Things can change very quickly in fantasy football.  I still have a decent team, but not as strong as it's been the last 4 years, and I'm sure no one in the league feels sorry for me :)

14 team redraft. Picked 14th. 

QB: Wentz

RB: Cook

RB: Royce Freeman 🤢

WR: Juju

WR: Godwin

WR: Golladay

WR: Robby Anderson

TE: Henry

Missed our on Montgomery and Breida by one pick.  Have a bunch of RBs stashed.  Freeman as RB 2 is not ideal (Duh) so a trade is more than likely coming  
I like it for a 14 teamer.

missing Monty as a RB2 hurts tho - not gonna lie. That’s a big drop-off from Montgomery to Royce, but if Denver is productive RF might not be too bad. 

and I'm sure no one in the league feels sorry for me :)
Of all the truths in the universe, none are truer than the absolute fact that nary a single tear shall be shed, nor any F’s given for the untimely demise of your team after dominating the league for so long. 

There may even be great rejoicing throughout the lands. 

Of all the truths in the universe, none are truer than the absolute fact that nary a single tear shall be shed, nor any F’s given for the untimely demise of your team after dominating the league for so long. 

There may even be great rejoicing throughout the lands. 
I'll accept the challenge and continue the methods that made the team great.  I don't feel sorry for myself at all, I feel challenged now in that league and I'll hit it head on.

I'll accept the challenge and continue the methods that made the team great.  I don't feel sorry for myself at all, I feel challenged now in that league and I'll hit it head on.
That’s the can-do spirit from which greatness is born. 

An optimist would say “when you’re in the cellar, there’s nowhere to go but up!”

10 team half ppr redraft TE not required 10th pick

Winston

D Johnson

K Johnson

OBJ

Amari

D Montgomery or Kupp or J White

Bryant

Denver

I have 3 leagues

1 long time dynasty leagues and a redraft I just finished today. All 12 team, all PPR scoring

Redraft Week 1 Lineup Picked from the 8th spot

Rodgers

Bell

Gurley

Duke

Cooks

Westbrook

Njoku

Browns

Elliot

Dynasty Week 1 Year 15 of this league.

Deshaun Watson

Lindsay

McCoy

AB

Alshon

Landry

Moncrief

Jared Cooks 

Rams

Crosby

12 team ppr. Pick 7

QB- Wentz

WR- Tyreek, Evans, Lockett

RB- Michel, Ekeler

TE- Henry

Flex- Moncrief

K- Vinatieri now but may switch before games start

Def- Browns

Welp, here we go. Lucked out a little at the draft but I’m still not sold on my lineup. I think depth is my major concern. Starting lineup looks pretty good but there’s not much behind it. There were a LOT of RB’s I like and I ended up with Michel who I only started to warm to here this past week. I tend to gravitate more toward pass catching backs so this is different for me. Kamara was a keeper.

10 team league. Up to 4 offensive keepers and 3 defensive keepers per year. Full IDP. 34 round draft. We also have a practice squad where you can stash players and if they don’t hit your active lineup you can choose to keep them in that same round the following year. Good to stash injured players that will bounce back the following year. I had Derwin James last year and everyone forgot about him this year cuz he is injured so I’ll have arguably the #1 DB in the 34th round next year.

QB: Ryan

RB: Kamara, Michel

WR: Adams, Beckham, Woods

TE: Kelce

K: Gould/Myers

DL: Jordan

LB: Deion Jones, Littleton, Edmunds

DB: John Johnson, McDougald

12 Team picked 10th

Cam

OBJ Cooks Edelman

DJ Cohen

Howard

a kicker

Eagles Texans

10th starter (W/R/T Flex) TBD

Guice Henderson Hill Singletary Edmonds

Coutee Allison Washington

I expect to pick the wrong Flex every single week

14-team  Standard scoring league w/ Double Flex, picked 8th

QB: Lamar Jackson

WR: DeAndre Hopkins

RB: Devonta Freeman, Chris Carson

TE: Mark Andrews

WR/TE: D.J. Moore

WR/RB/TE: either one of Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Tony Pollard, or Dante Pettis

K: Aldrick Rosas

D/ST: Seattle

14-team  Standard scoring league w/ Double Flex, picked 8th

WR: DeAndre Hopkins

RB: Devonta Freeman, Chris Carson

TE: Mark Andrews

WR/TE: D.J. Moore

WR/RB/TE: either one of Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Tony Pollard, or Dante Pettis

K: Aldrick Rosas

D/ST: Seattle
Hopkins fell to 8th? Jackpot! 🎰 

i felt pretty lucky Adams dropped to 8, myself (3rd WR after Hopkins & JJ)

it was weird to see soooooo many RBs go in the 1st round - total throwback year. 

Which is of course why I stacked up at WR. ;)  

FFPC, ppr, 12 teams, TE premium. On paper this is my best team so far.

Week 1 lineup:

QB: L. Jackson
RB: Barkley
RB: Gurley
WR: Kupp
WR: Lockett
FLEX: Coleman
FLEX: Sanders 
TE: Ertz
DST: DEN

Roster:
QB: Jackson, Brady
RB: Barkley, Gurley, Coleman, D. Harris, M. Brown, M. Davis
WR: Kupp, Lockett, E. Sanders, C. Kirk, Shepard, DK Metcalf
TE: Ertz, Andrews, Hurst
K: Lutz
DST: Den, Buf

it was weird to see soooooo many RBs go in the 1st round - total throwback year. 

first 7 picks were... interesting. After Saquon, Zeke went #2  due to the Sunday news that he was close to signing, Mahomes went 3rd to the guy who loved taking a QB early, Kamara 4th, Chubb 5th (WTF?), David Johnson 6th to the guy who bought into the Air Raid and Kingsbury. McCaffrey actually went 7th. These guys I'm playing with know their stuff but made some real aggressive reads.

FFPC, ppr, 12 teams, TE premium. On paper this is my best team so far.

Week 1 lineup:

QB: L. Jackson
RB: Barkley
RB: Gurley
WR: Kupp
WR: Lockett
FLEX: Coleman
FLEX: Sanders 
TE: Ertz
DST: DEN
I suspect Brady may be starting some games for you. I like Jackson, I’m just not convinced he’ll be a top of the league QB,  and fear there’ll be dramatic swings of inconsistent performance week to week. 

I like the team as a whole through. That you were able to nab Ertz was a coup. Gurley is your other wildcard player - if he’s the man, you’ve got a great shot at the playoffs. 

first 7 picks were... interesting. After Saquon, Zeke went #2  due to the Sunday news that he was close to signing, Mahomes went 3rd to the guy who loved taking a QB early, Kamara 4th, Chubb 5th (WTF?), David Johnson 6th to the guy who bought into the Air Raid and Kingsbury. McCaffrey actually went 7th. These guys I'm playing with know their stuff but made some real aggressive reads.
That’s quite a first round. You had to be sitting there like “come to me, Beavis” after the DJ pick. 

Tough missing CMC by 1 pick but realistically he shouldn’t have been there & Hopkins is a nice consolation prize. 

Not in my draft. Hopkins and Adams went early. Bell was a no brainer for me and I think Gurely tears the cover off the ball this season and everyone is over reacting to a season ending injury he tried to play through. I could have taken OBJ instead......naaaa I hate head cases. And he is a massive one and a ticking time bomb every week IMO. 

WR is a spot I feel for me......it is all about the breakout season I expect from Dede Westbrook. A guy who can vault into the top 10 WR’s easily. Thinking 90 receptions, 1300 yards and 6 TD’s with Foles under center. Big third year leap. I even took him a round earlier than I wanted too. I have a huge feeling he is about to be the breakout WR of the year.  Cooks is a under appreciated WR who will haul in 85-90 balls as well. 

I went hard after RB’s as they were facing to me (grabbed Miles Sanders as well). Duke Johnson will have a career year in Houston IMO.

Grabbed some deep value at WR in John Brown, Michael Gallup and Cortland Sutton. We will see how she turns out!

10 team, (3 + 1 rookie) keeper, 0.5 PPR, 3 IDP (DL, LB, DB)

M. Ryan

D. Adams

D. Hopkins

C. McCaffrey

J. Mixon

Z. Ertz

S. Michel

J. Johnson III

J. Watt

D. Jones

12-team salary cap semi-dynasty (salaries escalate annually) superflex, 0.5PPR

QB: Goff, Winston

RB: Chubb, DJ, Aaron Jones

WR/TE: Tyreek, Cooks, AR15

Butker, Chargers

10 team partial dyanasty 0.5 ppr

B. Mayfield QB

RB: Chubb, Ingram, Cook

WR: Diggs, Anderson

TE: Cook

Seahawks

I'm weak at wr but super strong at rb...I'm going to wait for the season to play out a little before adjusting

12 team .5 PPR auction

QB - Matt Ryan

RB - David Johnson, Dalvin Cook

WR - Brandin Cooks, T.Y. Hilton, Tyler Boyd

TE - Jared Cook

Flex - David Montgomery

K - Jason Myers

DST - Ravens

10 team full PPR 5th pick

QB - Jared Goff

RB - Ezekiel Elliott, Dalvin Cook

WR - Davante Adams, Brandin Cooks, Mike Williams

TE - Hunter Henry

Flex - David Montgomery

K - Greg Zuerlein

DST - Rams

2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 1 Flex, 2 K, 2 TD, 12 teams, PPR. Only 5 bench spots.

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Carson Wentz

RB: Saquon Barkley, Chris Carson

WR: Mike Evans, Larry Fitzgerald, Curtis Samuel

Flex: Latavius Murray

TE: Darren Waller, Dallas Goedert

K: Jake Elliott, Josh Lambo

TD: Seahawks, Chiefs

2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 1 Flex, 2 K, 2 TD, 12 teams, PPR. Only 5 bench spots.

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Carson Wentz

RB: Saquon Barkley, Chris Carson

WR: Mike Evans, Larry Fitzgerald, Curtis Samuel

Flex: Latavius Murray

TE: Darren Waller, Dallas Goedert

K: Jake Elliott, Josh Lambo

TD: Seahawks, Chiefs
This team is stacked. Getting Mahomes/Wentz in a 2 WB league is just unfair.

redraft or keeper? 

What’s wrong with Chubb at 5th? I wouldn’t hesitate to take him there. I like him over DJ so he’s next in line after the consensus 4 - not counting the Zeke holdout. 

But CMC to 7th is ridiculous. He was 1.01 in my league. 

12 team PPR, keep 2

QB- Ben (may start Winston week 1)

RB- Mixon/Michel

WR- Evans/Cooks/DJ Moore

TE- Henry 

FLEX- Montgomery

DEF- Dallas

10 team PPR, keep 1

QB- Wilson

RB- Conner/Cook

WR- Evans/Lockett/Westbrook

TE- Engram

Flex- Jacobs

DEF- Chargers

My best out of three teams 

10 man standard scoring 1 flex

RB: Conner/K. Johnson/J. Jacobs/MG3/R. Freeman/McCoy/Mattison

WR: D. Adams/Golladay/AJ Green/C. Davis

TE: Cook

48 team PPR redraft auction (4 leagues of 12)

QB: Goff

RB: Connor / Gurley

WR- Boyd / Ridley / C.Davis 

TE: Graham

FLEX: Da. Wiliams 

Bench: All RB cuffs, Justice Hill, C.Kirk, SF WRs 

My best is an FFPC style dynasty:

Rodgers

Ingram, Damien Williams

Julio, Juju, Adams, Evans

Kittle

Eagles/Butler

My best redraft so far is an FBG players championship:

Murray

Jacobs

Montgomery

Duke

OBJ

Michael Thomas

Watkins

Olsen

Patriots and Prater
I may go A Jones instead. At Chicago. Or Mack at the Chargers. All those matchups stink. 

12 team standard league but 6pt passing tds. QB-2rb-3wr-te-def-k

Starters 

Baker mayfield 

David Johnson

davonta freeman

odell beckham

amari cooper

dede westbrook

hokensen 

Ravens

elliott

on bench: duke Johnson, melvin Gordon, lesean McCoy, Sammy Watkins, rob Gronkowski 

feel good about the draft except for melvin Gordon and lesean. Got offered Justin Jackson for lesean—and I’m thinking I’ll accept it. 

Users who are viewing this thread