What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antonio Brown (1 Viewer)

Why did he sign with the Raiders?
He was traded to the Raiders.  NE tried to get him from Pittsburg, but they refused.  The Raiders owned Brown and was the only team he could sign with.  So he signed, played these ridiculous games, got released and was then free to sign with the team he wanted.  There was a plan to his madness.  

He was traded to the Raiders.  NE tried to get him from Pittsburg, but they refused.  The Raiders owned Brown and was the only team he could sign with.  So he signed, played these ridiculous games, got released and was then free to sign with the team he wanted.  There was a plan to his madness.  
So when do the secret texts and emails come out that this was all orchestrated by the Pats?  :popcorn:  

He's going to be so frustrated in NE with the lack of targets.  They will continue to spread the ball around.  Sure, he'll be on a winning team but he won't be the "man".  I expect another big outburst before season's end.

He's going to be so frustrated in NE with the lack of targets.  They will continue to spread the ball around.  Sure, he'll be on a winning team but he won't be the "man".  I expect another big outburst before season's end.
Do NE players have (non-murderous) outbursts?

as for Antonio Brown.   First off, i'm a lifelong Steeler fan.   Having said that I also respect the Patriots for what they've accomplished.

I now have  a visceral hate for Antonio Brown.   He's a total dbag, I hope he brings his act to NE and they are forced to cut him.  Nothing would make me happier than to see him try to pull these stunts with Bellicheck.    But he won't, because the Patriots have a way of bringing in these types of dbags and getting something out of them.   I'm not sure why Oakland, Pittsburgh and the rest of the NFL can't learn the way to deal with players from the Patriots.   They seem to have it figured out pretty well.   Gronk was just on an HBO show telling the world "their are no superstars on the Patriots".   Seems like a better way to deal than Jon Gruden grovelling to AB on a phone call and then having AB post that phone call on Instagram.   What little respect i had for Gruden as a coach is now gone, thanks AB.  The only guy that comes out of this looking good is Mayock.   Good for him.

I usually have a hard time listening to Steven A Smith because of the yelling, but I just heard what he had to say about Brown, and it was on point.  He ripped him apart for all the people he's used along his way.  Interesting.  Antonio Brown and Drew Rosenhaus are perfect for each other.

Navin Johnson said:
Agree to a point.  Mayock couldn't take a #### without Gruden signing off on it.
Brown signed a new contract a few hours after he was released.  It was a set up.  The only question I have is whether Brown knew about it in advance or if his agent just used his stupidity to their advantage.

Brown signed a new contract a few hours after he was released.  It was a set up.  The only question I have is whether Brown knew about it in advance or if his agent just used his stupidity to their advantage.
So he traded 30 mill (125) total for 15?

Last edited by a moderator:
jonessed said:
IMO, The Pats clearly told Brown's people something like "if you ever find your self a free agent, talk to us first".

I don't think they tampered to the point where they told Brown how to get out of his contract.  I think how he handled that was all his own creation.

jon_mx said:
What the heck do you know.  He took about a $5 million per year pay cut, a shorter contract with over $20 million less in guaranteed money.  How do you come to the conclusion that it is all about money?
He took a pay cut on his annual salary but we don't know what Instagram may have paid him to have all of this drama unfold on their app. I wouldn't be surprised if he was being paid by Instagram for his posts, much like facebook paid him to live broadcast out of the Steeler's locker room. Endorsements and "social media influencer" money is where the lasting revenue stream is at.

He took a pay cut on his annual salary but we don't know what Instagram may have paid him to have all of this drama unfold on their app. I wouldn't be surprised if he was being paid by Instagram for his posts, much like facebook paid him to live broadcast out of the Steeler's locker room. Endorsements and "social media influencer" money is where the lasting revenue stream is at.
how big a star will Antonio Brown be after football?   

i dont' see it.   Maybe he'll end up like Rodman where you kind of chuckle as he hangs out with Kim Jong.

his main source of income and fame is catching footballs.  I don't think he has the chops to be a star after the game

as for Antonio Brown.   First off, i'm a lifelong Steeler fan.   Having said that I also respect the Patriots for what they've accomplished.

I now have  a visceral hate for Antonio Brown.   He's a total dbag, I hope he brings his act to NE and they are forced to cut him.  Nothing would make me happier than to see him try to pull these stunts with Bellicheck.    But he won't, because the Patriots have a way of bringing in these types of dbags and getting something out of them.   I'm not sure why Oakland, Pittsburgh and the rest of the NFL can't learn the way to deal with players from the Patriots.   They seem to have it figured out pretty well.   Gronk was just on an HBO show telling the world "their are no superstars on the Patriots".   Seems like a better way to deal than Jon Gruden grovelling to AB on a phone call and then having AB post that phone call on Instagram.   What little respect i had for Gruden as a coach is now gone, thanks AB.  The only guy that comes out of this looking good is Mayock.   Good for him.
It's not like they were bringing in malcontents in the beginning.  The reason it works is because they produce championships.

That said, our sports are sinking to new lows with social media, as hasn't most everything once borderline private for the public figure. 

Kinda makes you wonder about fame and Boorstin's points about the vacuity and baseless nature of our democratic attention. 

Pats get AB, trade DT for a 6th rounder.  When they cut AB at the end of the season, they'll get a 3rd round compensatory pick.  @$#*& they're good.

Seems  weird to have multiple occasions of sexual misconduct from the same person, one of which later occurred at that person's home.  

Ah who knows, Brown is a nut and probably did all of it

https://ibb.co/yN2G5rt  the text messages

I will never send my kids to Central Michigan. They taught that man nothing. I read this three times and I’m not sure what he’s talking about.
If your kids aren't playing D-1.5 football they will probably go to class. And learn grammar and capitalization and punctuation BEFORE college.

Also, I hate this dude, and I HAAAAAAAATE the Pats, but this is stinky bait.  He walks. 

Also, I am 60/40 that he's actually at least a little bit mentally ill, and it started with the hit he took from his best buddy Burfict.

I will never send my kids to Central Michigan. They taught that man nothing. I read this three times and I’m not sure what he’s talking about.
The article posted on the last page with the accusations seems fishy as hell to me.  But, Brown isn't doing himself any favors with these kind of messages if they are real.  Assuming they are real, how did these become public?

The article posted on the last page with the accusations seems fishy as hell to me.  But, Brown isn't doing himself any favors with these kind of messages if they are real.  Assuming they are real, how did these become public?
I found them on a facebook post. 

From the article...

Taylor then describes a second alleged incident ... "Later that month, Brown, while positioned behind her, began masturbating near her without her knowledge and ejaculated on her back."
Really?

After reading those texts why would anyone think Antonio Brown is a decent human being? I always thought he was misunderstood, the man is garbage.

John Gruden "Good luck with this guy"

Last edited by a moderator:

he's saying i jacked on your back and you are a slut, and you are a bad gymnast who lives with her mom, failed in life and wants to now make a money grab.  Also a fake christian.  Also his current GF thinks her and her mom are weak women.  also he was an all pro.   

Users who are viewing this thread