What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Antonio Brown (1 Viewer)

:lmao:

It’s from the barrels of soda crackers they used to have in their stores.  It’s a 20th century term.  It has nothing to do with slavery or racism
And the two whips in the logo with the old white slave master glaring menacingly?  

In your entire life, have you ever encountered an entire barrel full of soda crackers?  No.  Good cover story for the racist restaurant chain that hates teh blacks. 

And the two whips in the logo with the old white slave master glaring menacingly?  

In your entire life, have you ever encountered an entire barrel full of soda crackers?  No.  Good cover story for the racist restaurant chain that hates teh blacks. 
It’s conspiriatorialistic!

I bet that giant barrel in the logo doesn’t even have crackers in it!  Racists!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure it's racist
Look dude, if you crack a whip over the backs of other humans you robbed of their freedom and liberty, then I do believe calling you a "cracker" for perpetrating that violent act is warranted.  

I mean, I'd rather be called a cracker then be beaten as a slave.  :shrug:

Look dude, if you crack a whip over the backs of other humans you robbed of their freedom and liberty, then I do believe calling you a "cracker" for perpetrating that violent act is warranted.  

It's 2019 you can't say anything about race fyi

Cracker, sometimes white cracker or cracka, is a term for white people,[1] used especially for poor rural whites in the Southern United States. It has been taken as an offensive and derogatory term to people of Caucasian or European descent and is largely considered a slur in modern usage. It is sometimes used in a neutral or positive context or self-descriptively with pride in reference to a native of Florida or Georgia (see Florida cracker and Georgia cracker).[2]

I don't know if Capella or GM are being serious or what.  They are better than this.

Cracker, sometimes white cracker or cracka, is a term for white people,[1] used especially for poor rural whites in the Southern United States. It has been taken as an offensive and derogatory term to people of Caucasian or European descent and is largely considered a slur in modern usage. It is sometimes used in a neutral or positive context or self-descriptively with pride in reference to a native of Florida or Georgia (see Florida cracker and Georgia cracker).[2]

I don't know if Capella or GM are being serious or what.  They are better than this.
Keep on reading Wiki.....

I say we take it back.

I heard Brian Urlacher on the radio on Thursday, when this was blowing up, and he said "The Pats will pick him up, they can fix anybody" partly in jest, partly in reality.
oh, the talking heads (the local Celtics network is nothing but Boston chatter in the offseason) were on the subject of AB-to-Pats like crows all week, but BB won't pay him up front and only $$ can salve that wounded ego now

Anyone that leaves 29 million on the table is certified insane.
well, that's why he did his crybaby thang yestiddy, and Mayock waited til he did before informing him he was dqing his contract and paying him weekly, minus fines, up with which Big Chest could not put. i kinda like the rugpull from the GM

oh, the talking heads (the local Celtics network is nothing but Boston chatter in the offseason) were on the subject of AB-to-Pats like crows all week, but BB won't pay him up front and only $$ can salve that wounded ego now
well, THAT's the fastest i had me own words slapped back at me - b4 i even typed it up. :lmao: :hophead: :lmao:

ETA: well, it's not Leprecharma, but i gotta boycott the Pats now  :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Antonio Brown and the Patriots reached agreement on a 1-year deal worth up $15 million that includes a $9 million signing bonus, per source.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Antonio Brown and the Patriots reached agreement on a 1-year deal worth up $15 million that includes a $9 million signing bonus, per source.
It doesn’t seem right for this to happen. I wish the Raiders would have suspended him for the year.

He didnt crack anyone though.

I also doubt he was "offended".
Nobody is ever offended on either side.  It's all finger pointing.  The main point is you can't say derogatory terms in corporate America & you shouldn't be allowed to in any workplace.  I don't know why these overpaid millennials are allowed to get away with it.

Wihtout being too melodramatic, I remember the words of Victor Pelevin, who once said, "when you don't know what you want but only what you're funning from, all you're running towards is a prison right in front of your face, always." Sounds like Antonio is running from something, right into the terror of what could be. 

Mike Mayock cracked a whip over the back of someone?

Why bump Carr? You missed the joke. Decent joke, imo. 

Agree with the bolded.
I deleted that. I have no idea whether or not he or she was suspended, but I have my suspicions. As far as the joke, I did miss that. I answered it with Cook, but the missing the joke in the first place is one me for continuity's sake. My bad. Carr, it is to presumed, stinks.

He did have one good year. 

Users who are viewing this thread