What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Neighbor cut down our tree (3 Viewers)

I think you should take 1 grand and tip a hotel maid.  1 grand to charity.  1 grand to buy one of these to install at the stump.  And 1 grand treat yo self. 
The more I look at the pictures in that link, the more it cracks me up thinking of you installing this at the stump.   :lmao:

Plus, it's "Hundred Satisfaction" AND "Hundred Quality".  

Take the cash, dig a trench along the property line, fill it with water, and throw a couple Gators in there. You know what they say, Gators make good neighbors.

Last edited by a moderator:
And, just wanted to thank a lot of you here for help with thoughts on this. I hope it was an entertaining thread, but I did get some good thoughts/feedback/perspective from some of you that helped guide me through this or at least helped confirm my thoughts and actions.

I feel pretty good about the resolution and can finally be done with it. Like some mentioned early on, most things aren't worth sweating over and this situation was taking up a good chunk of effort at times. I'm glad it's done and everyone can be "happy".

I'll try to have some surprise updates in the future to keep this going......
But you hate the children by keeping it

Take some of that $4k to the local junk yard and buy some cars to put on blocks in the back yard right next to the property line.  That'll show him!
Just have a crazy house party and invite the whole neighborhood besides him. After easily spending $3700 on the goat party, have some small shrubs planted in the spot. 😂

and to @gianmarco glad you settled this and are happy with the outcome. Personally knowing my family and myself I I would've done more to screw this guy over. Just keep on top of him with the construction and file anonymous complaints if needed of violations on the job if they happen. 

And, just wanted to thank a lot of you here for help with thoughts on this. I hope it was an entertaining thread, but I did get some good thoughts/feedback/perspective from some of you that helped guide me through this or at least helped confirm my thoughts and actions.

I feel pretty good about the resolution and can finally be done with it. Like some mentioned early on, most things aren't worth sweating over and this situation was taking up a good chunk of effort at times. I'm glad it's done and everyone can be "happy".

I'll try to have some surprise updates in the future to keep this going......
It will be interesting to see how important having a tree changes with the passage of time. I wouldn’t be surprised if you get used to it not being there and end up spending the money elsewhere.

I’m reminded of a time my car was sideswiped, breaking the driver’s side mirror and scratching/denting three different places in the process. Total repair estimate was over $2k. I initially intended on fixing everything, but by the time I received an insurance check from the person who hit me, it was over a month later. I ended up spending fifteen bucks on replacement mirror glass and superglue.

I think you should get a copy of those weird letters that one poster was receiving for his sister and send. Speaking of which, I need to go find out what happened with that.
I wondered what happened with that but can't find the thread.  Do you remember the title?

Neighbor moved in this weekend.

I still have the stump on that side of the house that he can see.

They haven't planted grass or landscaping yet so we are still waiting to get our trees but I've already spoken with someone about it a few months ago.

I still miss our tree and have moments where I catch myself looking at the void and reminiscing about what was and what could have been......

gianmarco said:

They haven't planted grass or landscaping yet so we are still waiting to get our trees but I've already spoken with someone about it a few months ago.

I still miss our tree and have moments where I catch myself looking at the void and reminiscing about what was and what could have been......
Memories like the corners of my mind
Memories
Misty watercolor memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were...

gianmarco said:

What are you going to use the stump for?  Chopping block?  Campfire stool?  Garden gnome pedestal?  :popcorn:

I just cut down a huge tree that was technically my neighbors.   However about a quarter of the way up the tree was tilted and over my yard. Talked to neighbor, told them I'd pay for it.

It's weird not seeing the tree anymore, it definitely needed to come down but having it there for 17 years and now it's not is weird

Memories like the corners of my mind
Memories
Misty watercolor memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were...
Anyone else think of Josh Baskin when reading this post?

So, while using a bobcat to do some grading when doing the last bit of landscaping on their side between our homes, they ended up cutting our internet cable near the pole that sits on the corner of our properties.  Middle of the day, internet just suddenly out.  To make things worse, this is with 2 different kids doing virtual schooling at home.  This happened on a Tuesday.  They weren't able to come out until Thursday evening to repair it.

A few days ago, I get this month's internet bill and there's a $50 charge for the service call to repair the line.  I end up texting him asking him how he wanted to proceed to get me reimbursed for the charge.  That was on Thursday afternoon.  Sent another text on Sunday.  I still haven't heard back.

:popcorn:

So, while using a bobcat to do some grading when doing the last bit of landscaping on their side between our homes, they ended up cutting our internet cable near the pole that sits on the corner of our properties.  Middle of the day, internet just suddenly out.  To make things worse, this is with 2 different kids doing virtual schooling at home.  This happened on a Tuesday.  They weren't able to come out until Thursday evening to repair it.

A few days ago, I get this month's internet bill and there's a $50 charge for the service call to repair the line.  I end up texting him asking him how he wanted to proceed to get me reimbursed for the charge.  That was on Thursday afternoon.  Sent another text on Sunday.  I still haven't heard back.

:popcorn:
Bobcat probably slipped on all those acorns over there. 

Wait until the election is over. Depending on who wins, dress up like the applicable radical opposition antifa member or proud boi, then burn his house down in protest.

Was the internet line cut by the same landscaping company that cut down your tree?
Nope.

Saw him yesterday while he was mowing his lawn. Strolled over, said hi. He was friendly, complained about all the leaves he had to pick up in his yard (in a conversational way), then mentioned he got my message. He had reached out to the guy that was doing the work but hasn't heard back. He said he wasn't in town when it happened but that he'd get it taken care of and he's not too worried about $50 in the scheme of things. 

Friendly conversation, polite, wished him luck with the leaves, and then headed back in. So I guess I'll just wait to hear back from him.

I just don't get not even bothering to text or message back and acknowledge my text and say he's looking into it, will take care of it, etc.  Then again, I already have a good notion of what type of person he is.  Just not something I'd ever do but whatever.

I'll give it a couple weeks before I reach back out. 

Wait until the election is over. Depending on who wins, dress up like the applicable radical opposition antifa member or proud boi, then burn his house down in protest.
I did notice the opposite political affiliation by the couple signs he put up shortly after moving into the home. 

They did not include any Trump signs, though.

For less than $50 you could have run up to HD and grabbed a crimp tool, coax stripper, coax connectors, and a patch cable and had the internet back up in a few minutes.  Lots of "how to" videos on YouTube.  I had the same thing happen 1 hour before a big Zoom meeting earlier this year and had it back up for the meeting.

I would not have brought it up with the neighbors. I would value having a better relationship over a couple bucks.

For less than $50 you could have run up to HD and grabbed a crimp tool, coax stripper, coax connectors, and a patch cable and had the internet back up in a few minutes.  Lots of "how to" videos on YouTube.  I had the same thing happen 1 hour before a big Zoom meeting earlier this year and had it back up for the meeting.
They cut the cable on the buried node on his property near the pole.  Took the cable guy a long time to even find it and he ended up running an entirely new line as a result.

I would not have brought it up with the neighbors. I would value having a better relationship over a couple bucks.
Yeah, no, no relationship to be had.  Not sure why I'd consider eating $50 for something I had nothing to do with.  Not to mention the ridiculous hassle we had to get our kids in places with access to do schooling for the next 2 days in the middle of Covid.

He's a doctor.  Should have repaired on the other's neighbor's line and then sent a bill for $5000.

Users who are viewing this thread