What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Neighbor cut down our tree (1 Viewer)

It is really easy to unscrew the connector and disconnect the cable where the line enters the house   :whistle:

I imagine you would prefer to take the high road but sounds like he needs to walk a mile in your shoes. 

Texted him on Thursday asking for an update with his landscaper.  His response:

"Landscaper has no knowledge of damaging line--however I will cover the 50 dollars, I can pay you over the weekend if you're home or just drop in your mailbox -- let me know"

I told him either was fine, whatever he preferred.

Weekend just passed -- nothing.

"Landscaper has no knowledge of damaging line--however I will cover the 50 dollars, I can pay you over the weekend if you're home or just drop in your mailbox -- let me know"

You need to chase him down a mountain on your ski-bike screaming "I WANT MY 50 DOLLARS".

did he say which weekend? 😉

Make sure he puts a stamp on that envelope. Please report back if he does not so I can take the correct steps to report the mail fraud. Tia

He should have immediately reimbursed you and then followed up with his contractor to get reimbursed himself. Especially since it's only $50.

He should have immediately reimbursed you and then followed up with his contractor to get reimbursed himself. Especially since it's only $50.
That's what I would have done and assuming most anyone else. In the overall picture of who he is and things he's done, I'm not surprised at all by his actions.

What a cheap### this guy is. 
Yeah. Gian is the worst.

But seriously...this is the kind of stuff the annoys the crap out of me- people behaving selfishly/inconsiderately, so I empathize with Gian here. 

I would bet the neighbor is incredulous that his new doctor neighbor is making a deal out of these things. Because selfish and inconsiderate people can't imagine or begin to care or take responsibility that their actions have any negative impact on the world and people around them. It's definitely that doctor being cheap and crazy in this guy's mind.

Yeah. Gian is the worst.

But seriously...this is the kind of stuff the annoys the crap out of me- people behaving selfishly/inconsiderately, so I empathize with Gian here. 

I would bet the neighbor is incredulous that his new doctor neighbor is making a deal out of these things. Because selfish and inconsiderate people can't imagine or begin to care or take responsibility that their actions have any negative impact on the world and people around them. It's definitely that doctor being cheap and crazy in this guy's mind.
This is almost assuredly the case. And honestly, I don't care about the $50. But at this point, there's zero chance I let it go given everything he's done. 

Send him a proposal for installment payment plan at 60 months with 14.99 % interest. Make sure to include monthly remittances with a background picture of the tree he killed.
The stump is still there on the side of the house. He can see it for sure. 

Welp, our neighbor is at it again.  Shockingly, a tree is involved (again).  Leading up to this, have not really had any interaction with him since fall of 2020.

We've had some bad winds and storms lately.  Apparently one of the trees in our backyard between our properties went down in the last 1-2 weeks.  I was out of town last weekend for a few days and hadn't noticed it until the end of last week (3 days ago).  Decent sized tree, reached out to the guy that does our lawn and asked him if he could take care of it.  He said "yep, I'll be there Saturday".  So, shows up Saturday morning (2 days ago) and cuts up the tree and gets rid of it. 

Last night, while at work, I get a text from our neighbor:

"How are you?

Just checking with you about your tree that fell a couple of weeks ago -- I just don't want it to damage the trees/bushes between us".

So I texted back that I hadn't seen it earlier, but just had it removed yesterday.  I was assuming he didn't see it was taken away.

He then texts back "Here's a picture from my side--they left the top half of the tree that landed on my side of the property laying across the trees/bushes.  As you can see there's a lot more tree to remove.  Feel free to walk on my side and take a look.  Let me know if they will remove the rest."

Now, I know the tree was removed.  But, I didn't go around to his side to see anything.  I text our lawn guy and he tells me that the tree is gone.  All that's left are some vines that were inside the bushes/honeysuckle but were not part of the tree.  Unfortunately, the tree came down on top of them and basically put a hole in the barrier that was created by the honeysuckle/brush.  Of note, this is the same honeysuckle/brush this neighbor wanted to take down 2 years ago when he first moved in and I said no because I wanted to keep the privacy between the backyards.

So, I texted back that we'll look at it and see what can be cleaned up but that there's no tree left.  His response was "Ok, but take a look at it tomorrow from my side and you will see what I'm talking about".  Well, I looked this morning and.....there's no tree.  :shrug:

Here are the pictures.  I guess he thinks we can just make them look like they did before?  Unfortunately, an actual tree just fell on them and there's not much that's going to fix that other than time. 

Picture of the tree down from our side before it was removed

Picture from his side that he sent me last night after tree was removed

Picture from our side after tree was removed

Let's see what he has to say after a final attempt to fluff up our bushes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you guys may need couple's therapy to get to the root of your issues. From there your relationship might really blossom and you could branch out into something like a shared garden space. If all else fails you could just use the freshly tilled ground to bury the body. Make sure to shove some sunflower seeds into his pocket first though.

Sounds like you guys may need couple's therapy to get to the root of your issues. From there your relationship might really blossom and you could branch out into something like a shared garden space. If all else fails you could just use the freshly tilled ground to bury the body. Make sure to shove some sunflower seeds into his pocket first though.
I'm just not ready to turn over a new leaf.

But ya, all puns aside..... why the heck do you continue to go back and forth on text message where things get into constant gray areas?

Arrange a time to look at the bushes together, maybe even with your tree guy and figure out what he wants done.  :shrug:   

But ya, all puns aside..... why the heck do you continue to go back and forth on text message where things get into constant gray areas?

Arrange a time to look at the bushes together, maybe even with your tree guy and figure out what he wants done.  :shrug:   
and be sure to consult with a vine/bush guy because there's no more tree there.

That's actually what we just did. There's some tangled stuff on his side but he can see it was cleared from ours. He's going to try and clip some of it and take it out himself. I told him to call me to help when he does. 

Cordial, chatted for a few minutes, no issues. But had to post here first before having it go over without issue.

That's actually what we just did. There's some tangled stuff on his side but he can see it was cleared from ours. He's going to try and clip some of it and take it out himself. I told him to call me to help when he does. 

Cordial, chatted for a few minutes, no issues. But had to post here first before having it go over without issue and before sleeping with his wife.
nicely done.

Cordial, chatted for a few minutes, no issues. But had to post here first before having it go over without issue.
Terrible end to this story.

I expected more from a varsity letterman.

Users who are viewing this thread