What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 8* (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain said:
That's an excellent point. Still Miami turns the ball over a lot. Steelers are not world beaters but they scored 16 last night in my league. 
Pitt may not be world beaters but they are tied for the 6th most sacks in the league and four of the teams tied or in front of them have not had their bye week yet.

I picked.up the Jets on Pittsburgh's bye just because how well they stream together through week 14 but I dumped on the Williams trade and Mosely news. Now with the appearance of actively shopping Adams, perception equals reality, I just don't see how anyone could start them with confidence.

This week is Miami's best shot at picking up a win this season.

Don’t follow much college football, but maybe Ryan Finley?

*edited to add especially with AJ possibly playing week 10 after their bye 

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Davante Parker after waivers ran...pretty slim pickens but his floor the past few weeks has been good enough to have him in a pinch.

and this week, with several people questionable, I may need him

Picked up Davante Parker after waivers ran...pretty slim pickens but his floor the past few weeks has been good enough to have him in a pinch.

and this week, with several people questionable, I may need him
Parker over Preston Williams?  Or Williams already on another roster?

Yes...chose Parker as he has been more consistent and feel he is the safer pick with a higher floor and ceiling isnt too far off either 
Interesting, thanks for the perspective.  Williams has a slight edge in targets receptions and yards, so I would probably lean the other way.  But it's certainly close so I can't fault you for going with Parker.

Interesting that you feel Parker is more consistent. In my league Williams has scored 11.4, 10.3, 10.8, 8.6, 9.2, 15.15, 9.95. While he hasn't had a big game I thought his points have been pretty consistent. He has also had 4 to 6 receptions in 5 of his 7 games. I thought he is lesser known but pretty consistent.

Interesting, thanks for the perspective.  Williams has a slight edge in targets receptions and yards, so I would probably lean the other way.  But it's certainly close so I can't fault you for going with Parker.
If your league has return yards, Williams returns punts, i believe.

Interesting that you feel Parker is more consistent. In my league Williams has scored 11.4, 10.3, 10.8, 8.6, 9.2, 15.15, 9.95. While he hasn't had a big game I thought his points have been pretty consistent. He has also had 4 to 6 receptions in 5 of his 7 games. I thought he is lesser known but pretty consistent.
ppr?

in mine...

Williams - 8.4, 6.3, 6.8, 4.6, 3.1, 6.2, 4.2

Parker -      7.5, 0, 5.6, 13, 8.8, 11.5, 5.9

The zero wasn’t goid obviously...but since then its been pretty good.  Maybe more reliant on TDs but he is getting those where Williams isnt.

Is there any chance that Samuels won't be able to go?  Benny Snell is out 2-3 weeks.  I going to drop my kicker and pick up Trey Edmunds (Pitt's 4th rb) just in case he is the only one available for Sunday.  I can always drop him Sunday.  It's a long shot but I don't have a good kicker anywho.

Is there any chance that Samuels won't be able to go?  Benny Snell is out 2-3 weeks.  I going to drop my kicker and pick up Trey Edmunds (Pitt's 4th rb) just in case he is the only one available for Sunday.  I can always drop him Sunday.  It's a long shot but I don't have a good kicker anywho.
Was deemed good to go Tuesday and fully practiced on a Wednesday which is always a great sign for a player returning from injury. I see no reason why samuels won’t be a go. 

I believe Samuels practiced in full last week. Pretty sure he’s healthy

I'm still going to pick up Edmunds in case Samuels has a set back this week.  There are 5 kickers on the waiver wire equal to my kicker so there is no reason not to pick him up.

Was deemed good to go Tuesday and fully practiced on a Wednesday which is always a great sign for a player returning from injury. I see no reason why samuels won’t be a go. 
Is there something wrong with Conner?  I just don't see Edmunds as  anyone that I would play unless Conner and Samuels are out.  We already know Snell is out.

If Pittsburgh is down to 3rd string RB, is there a reason they won't throw it a lot? 

Is Diontae Johnson being started with confidence right now?

If Pittsburgh is down to 3rd string RB, is there a reason they won't throw it a lot? 

I'm not a Diontae believer, so take that with a grain of salt, but I don't see him in the "start with confidence" stratosphere at all. He has had a few decent showings, with his fantasy results entirely bolstered by touchdowns. If you're in a deep league where you can tank a 3-5 point effort with a ceiling of 10-14, sure, but he hasn't inspired much confidence to date. 

With some of my questionable guys being a bit more clear to possibly play this week...dropped Parker back to FA...and picked up a backup kicker.  Yeah, sounds dumb and it may be.

But because of bye weeks someone dropped Lutz...and I have Lambo going on bye next week.  So while I didn't have to worry about waivers I grabbed Lutz now, will drop Lambo next week and just roll with Lutz the rest of the year.

Ministry of Pain said:

Samuels is playing.   He's second to Conner, not third.   Snell is their third string back. 

Regardless, Mason Rudolph hasn't really shown that he can throw downfield.  He missed at least two wide open deep throws last week, and the success he did have was more attributable to Miami being atrocious and Howard leaving the game.   At this point, I don't think you can really start any Steelers WR with confidence.  I mean, if you have JuJu you have to play him, but Johnson and Washington are both question marks.  After hitting a high of 92% of the snaps against the Ravens, Johnson dropped to 70% against the Chargers and then 44% against the Dolphins.     He only had 2 targets against the Chargers, so the 7 against the Dolphins was also probably a reflection of how bad their secondary is, not about some breakthrough for Johnson.

This game's not shaping up to be a shootout.    No way you're starting the Steelers' WR3 "with confidence."

Seems like you are making an assumption. The whole run game was pathetic last week.
Well yeah, isn't that what we do here?   :)

I'll say I'm presuming that Johnson is way ahead of Ajayi since Ajayi hasn't even been signed yet AFAIK. 

I'll call presuming because it's based on something. 

The cardinals also signed Zenner, who the Lions cut, ahead of Ajayi.  Dunno if salary motivated in terms of Ajayi not being signed by anyone. 

Not sure if anyone mentioned the Eagles defense yet, but...they're just hitting their stride.

questionable offense of the  Bears, averaging just 16ppg last 17 games ( week 8 2018), lousy, turnover rich QB, overhyped rookie RB Monty, and a newly improved Eagles offense that can wear down the bears defense, score a ton of pts, and put chicago in position to have to throw to keep in the game. 

oh, and after that game, they play , among others, wash, miami, nyg 2x. 

I just picked up Guice and very surprised he was there. I'm in a deep bench 12 team league. I think this is a big over site by the other teams. He should be healthy and fresh and I would think the Redskins will give him a ton of carries. I don't think it will be a committee. They have waited a long time to see what they have in Guice. 

Brandon Allen in Superflex leagues.

Just to see.

I might grab Rypien too if he gets promoted.  Denver is saying Lock is not ready to play (not sure if injury lingers or inexperience), but if that is the case Rypien should get promoted.
I heard they are hoping to get lock some starts at the end of the season, like maybe the last 3 or 4 games. 

Noah Fant might be a deep league stash. With Sanders gone he lead the team in targets last week. There is really no one else exciting that might step up as a number two receiving option opposite Sutton. I know he has sucked so far but it's worth it to see if the light bulb goes on with added usage. He has a ton of talent.

Ministry of Pain said:

Dionte is a very good talent but will probably be held back by Rudolph. He should have had a much bigger game last week. He had a lame offensive pass interference called on him on a long catch and Rudolph missed him on a bomb. He's a boom or bust flex right now and a decent bye week replacement. The Steelers have a pretty nice schedule the rest of the way. Buffalo is the only scary game left.

These negotiations could have far more to them than we understand.  Ajayi has maybe been waiting for a team that would pay him a certain amount of money.  Or he was hoping to sign with a legitimate contender if he was going to be forced to sign for peanuts.  The Lions were maybe hoping to trade for a different running back.  I'm not going to draw any conclusions to what role he will have just because his signing has taken time.

I am not sure what your league rules are on this or if he is available but if you can, I would add and start Kenyan Drake this week.

Tough call. On one hand we have a young Parisian art student who specializes in neo-classicism and on other hand we could go with an established member of the British banking class. 

Not sure if anyone mentioned the Eagles defense yet, but...they're just hitting their stride.

questionable offense of the  Bears, averaging just 16ppg last 17 games ( week 8 2018), lousy, turnover rich QB, overhyped rookie RB Monty, and a newly improved Eagles offense that can wear down the bears defense, score a ton of pts, and put chicago in position to have to throw to keep in the game. 

oh, and after that game, they play , among others, wash, miami, nyg 2x. 
The only waiver claim I put in was for Philly D.  Should be a solid matchup.

It's all a mess folks, probably better off to look at one of the other 31 teams for rb help.
That said with Tra on the DL,  McKissic has at least a little value vs. the Raiders.  Coaches seem to love this guy so touches should not be a problem with one less guy in the equation.

Users who are viewing this thread