What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Out of my local FF league after 30+ years (1 Viewer)

badmojo1006

Footballguy
Changing the scoring rules mid season was my final straw.

For most of the leagues existence, we had bonuses (+15 points RB/WR over 100, Qb over 300). Well at last years Owners meeting (which I missed), the agreed to a modified PPR/Bonus scoring. PPR up to 99 yards then the +15 bonus kicks in and the PPR goes away. I have always updated myfantasyleague over the years, so I thought I got it right. It was a PITA, but I thought I got it right.

There was a legitimate scoring error that I didn't anticipate under the way I had it set up. Told the commissioner to correct it. Well, she did, but then she talked to a lot of the other owners and they decided that it was not PPR up to 99 yards,  then the bonus but the PPR PLUS the bonus. So going back to Week 1, any RB/WR that got over 100 yards would get at least 9 more points. I protested, but to no avail. Told her I would finish out the season, but it would be my last.

So she has been doing adjustments.

In the past 48 hours, my W-L record has gone from 5-3, 6-2, 5-3, 4-4, 3-5 to now 4-4. I am not sure all changes are done. And I have gone from 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd and now am 5th.

The rest of the season she will have to do manual adjustments because A. I don't think I can fix it and B. I don't want to fix it.

And this isn't even the main reason it will be my last season in this league after 35 years

Changing the scoring rules mid season was my final straw.

For most of the leagues existence, we had bonuses (+15 points RB/WR over 100, Qb over 300). Well at last years Owners meeting (which I missed), the agreed to a modified PPR/Bonus scoring. PPR up to 99 yards then the +15 bonus kicks in and the PPR goes away. I have always updated myfantasyleague over the years, so I thought I got it right. It was a PITA, but I thought I got it right.

There was a legitimate scoring error that I didn't anticipate under the way I had it set up. Told the commissioner to correct it. Well, she did, but then she talked to a lot of the other owners and they decided that it was not PPR up to 99 yards,  then the bonus but the PPR PLUS the bonus. So going back to Week 1, any RB/WR that got over 100 yards would get at least 9 more points. I protested, but to no avail. Told her I would finish out the season, but it would be my last.

So she has been doing adjustments.

In the past 48 hours, my W-L record has gone from 5-3, 6-2, 5-3, 4-4, 3-5 to now 4-4. I am not sure all changes are done. And I have gone from 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd and now am 5th.

The rest of the season she will have to do manual adjustments because A. I don't think I can fix it and B. I don't want to fix it.

And this isn't even the main reason it will be my last season in this league after 35 years
Took me 35 seconds what it took you 35 years to realize.

15 point bonus???  That seems excessive regardless  of whether or not it is PPR then or PPR plus

I can't even understand the new scoring system, why complicate things? just leads to problems.

ETA: 30+ years is a long friggin' time

Last edited by a moderator:
We got rid of all bonus points years ago.  Best thing we ever did for the league.

If you have 8 receptions for 205 yards and a TD or two or 150 yards rushing and 2 TDs that is a great day to begin with.  Why tack on more "bonus" points?

Last edited by a moderator:
USA! (Today).
Heh. Back in the day, we used USA Today. Being on the west coast,the Tuesday paper never had MNF box score. So you waited till Wednesday papwr to get final scores.

And because no internet, sometimes didn't know until Friday , when the newsletter was sent in the mail, to see if you won or lost.

I've decided to try to win this final season. Tanking would be really petty

I get this part too. My main local leagues began in '88 and '89. We did all the standard stuff for the time: bonus points instead of points/yard (paper only listed 100/300 yard + games), bonus points for non-typical TDs (e.g. WR runs in a TD), limited trade/free agent transactions (10/season) to lower commish work, roster requirements by position, etc. 

When things took off online, we added the points/yard scoring but the majority refused to drop the bonuses. I could deal with that. But, they also refused to up the trade/transaction limit even though it now required no work from the commish. Most of the others owners had kids/wives/hectic jobs, and they argued that more transactions were a disadvantage to them - compared to those of us still super active.

Duh - it has always been about staying on top of things; and the net just made it much easier for the slackers to let others do the work. Yet, they still pushed through a new lower transaction limit of 7/season.

That was my final straw. I left in 2010 and have not looked back. Last I heard, there were maybe 7 out of the original 40 still playing. Not surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread