Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
mr. furley

what "upgrade" was worth it?

3 hours ago, comfortably numb said:

Wow that is cheap

All the decorations are yours? They just charge labor?

This is just for our main large tree (artificial)in the living room - it already has several thousand lights but is about 10 years old - so there are numerous strands of lights that don't work when we pull it out each year.  This guy unweaves those strands and puts in new ones.  The light strands are wrapped around a lot of the branches and not just "draped" around the tree so it's a giant pain in the ###. 

We only do simple outside lighting around the door with a wreath - but if we did ...I would use this guy as well.  I don't do that stuff ...or lawn maintenance.  

• Like 1

after spending a total of about 3 hours clearing heavy, wet snow twice today while watching my neighbor's snow plowing/clearing services come through with a team of guys and knock theirs out in about 20 minutes a piece.... i'm checking for quotes.

what a dumb way to spend a Sunday

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

after spending a total of about 3 hours clearing heavy, wet snow twice today while watching my neighbor's snow plowing/clearing services come through with a team of guys and knock theirs out in about 20 minutes a piece.... i'm checking for quotes.

Money can’t buy happiness. But Jesus it can make your weekends more pleasant. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Otis said:

Honestly do less and less around my house over time, and feeling a little emasculated about it. At this point I may as well have someone in to play with my kids and service my wife. 

Edited by Otis
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Otis said:

Honestly do less and less around my house over time, and feeling a little emasculated about it. At this point I may as well have someone in to play with my kids and service my wife. 

Don’t you just mean you need to find out who he is and pay him?

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, mr. furley said:

at the very least, upgrade your blower.

8 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

at the very least, upgrade your blower.

it's 28". plenty big.

this was very wet, very heavy snow and when the plows come through the end of my double wide driveway gets buried in basically, ice boulders. snowblower can't chop those up. 

i've also got a back patio to do. and i rake the roof. it takes time.

4 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

it's 28". plenty big.

this was very wet, very heavy snow and when the plows come through the end of my double wide driveway gets buried in basically, ice boulders. snowblower can't chop those up. 

i've also got a back patio to do. and i rake the roof. it takes time.

I should've known that you rake the roof.  :doh:

39 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

and i rake the roof. 

What's this now?

• Laughing 1

4 hours ago, Otis said:

Once that new Eirie-Doodle arrives yer gonna need this service:

www.doodycalls.com

It is amazing to me in 2019 that we can outsource both our poop picking up AND our poop sending. What a time to be alive.

27 minutes ago, shuke said:

What's this now?

it's basically a squeegee to scrape snow off the roof. prevents ice dams in the eaves.

:shrug:

On 11/23/2019 at 11:44 AM, Punxsutawney Phil said:

I'm a huge craft beer fan but after a half dozen I need something refreshing that will help hydrate me.  Like a white claw or a BL.

When I want hydration I go with water, rather than the diluted versions ;) 

11 hours ago, Otis said:

I think studies have shown that pretty much the only thing we spend money on that creates any sort of real happiness is paying people to do crap we don't want to do.