What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Haircut dilemma (2 Viewers)

All the guys in here just telling you to do it yourself....98% of them have no clue what a good fade is. If you want to just do a #1 or #2 all over, then sure, do it yourself. But fading yourself is a learned skill over time. Just find a different place.
Finally the expert has shown up.

You can tell the difference between those 3 pics I posted, right GB?

Many years ago I went to "#2 all the way around please."

I get it cut when it gets long enough that when I wake up in the morning it looks different from the pillow.

Easy as can be.
i do #1 myself. so easy
I can do #1 and #2 all by myself.
But do you blow dry off any excess that landed on your back? I like to pay somebody for that.
You walk in there and take off your shirt, George?

Get it touched up somewhere else just this once.

Next time you need a haircut, call ahead and make an appointment with someone at great clips who isnt this woman.

Step 1 - don't go to Great Clips. You are a grown man, pay more than 20 bucks for a haircut :hophead:
We already know this. In the What's Normal Do you get your hair cut at Great Clips, I'm fine being in the minority.

It's a simple haircut that I don't really care that much about and haven't had any issues in pretty much never except twice with this same stylist. I like my chances moving forward.
Great Clips is awesome. Sh!tty haircuts, but they’re cheap, fast and you can check in online. But the best part is they log your preferences into their system, such that you don’t even have to speak to the stylists, yet they always “know” what you want. Or they should.

But if you’re really terrified by the bad stylist, surely there is another location nearby?
"Great Clips is awesome". This is where you lost me. Bad haircuts, but they're cheap and fast? That's like saying a restaurant is awesome because the food sucks, but it's cheap and you get large portions.
you just described the Golden Corral business model

This is what it should look like -- Just an even taper/fade down to the bottom. Blends in with the top.

This is what she did to me a year ago (except even a little higher up).

This is what she did 3 days ago (no fade at all)

P.S. -- None of those are me

These all don't look that different. I was expecting something disastrous. Show us pics of your actual hair, coward.
Actual picture of my hair currently
Holy ####, please tell me that isn’t really you.
💯 me. It's bad, isn't it?

It’s pretty rough. My family still talks about “that one time you got your hair cut in Wisconsin over Christmas vacation.” It was horrible. Made your latest cut look like a Warren Beatty makeover. This was over a decade ago and it still gets mentioned annually by my mother around Christmas when we visit.

But the thing is, my main takeaway was “this is on me.” Why? I went to Great Clips and a completely unknown stylist. That’s on me.

Why is that relevant? Man, you went to a stylist who already botched the exact same haircut once before. You knew she sucked, you knew the risk, and you sat in the chair anyway. And damn, talk about paying the price.

It’s bad. Gotta get it fixed, asap. Anywhere. Just not by her. I get it.

But long term……dude find a real barber who cuts hair. Someone who is reliable. Someone who you can keep going back to without a revolving door of options.

I love my hair, unapologetically. No offense to all the baldies in here, but when you have great hair it sucks when people mess it up. Take care of it the right way gian.

Note: zero of the above is shtick (although any follow on comments from here on will be pure gibberish on purposes).
My son read this just now and his responses were:

“Great Clips?? How old is this guy? Can’t he get a real haircut? Does he just have a buzz cut?”

Followed by “you really do have great hair dad.” 😁

This is what it should look like -- Just an even taper/fade down to the bottom. Blends in with the top.

This is what she did to me a year ago (except even a little higher up).

This is what she did 3 days ago (no fade at all)

P.S. -- None of those are me

These all don't look that different. I was expecting something disastrous. Show us pics of your actual hair, coward.
Actual picture of my hair currently

How about just using your phone and not an electron microscope?

All the guys in here just telling you to do it yourself....98% of them have no clue what a good fade is. If you want to just do a #1 or #2 all over, then sure, do it yourself. But fading yourself is a learned skill over time. Just find a different place.

Yep. These are probably the same guys who buy their jeans at Costco.

Yep. These are probably the same guys who buy their jeans at Costco.
Cargo shorts bruh
Don’t forget the HEYDUDE shoes.

@gianmarco I found this story hilarious and relatable. Had almost the identical thing once and went to get it fixed and she was there so I just bought a hair product there and pretended I wasn't there to get it fixed lol.

Here's my advice. Find out her name, and see if you can find out where she lives. Wait outside her house crouched in your car, and when you see her come home from work one day, drive to the Great Clips and get it fixed. Bonus points if you ask to take some of your hair home and leave it in her mailbox the next day.

But in all seriousness, you should call and ask who is working that day (pretty normal thing to do if you're looking for a specific stylist to do your hair). If you don't hear her name, head in there and explain the situation and I'm sure they will fix it for free and you know she won't be there.

If you like what the new stylist does, just call and make sure they're working when you're due for a cut, and request her/him.

But in all seriousness, you should call and ask who is working that day (pretty normal thing to do if you're looking for a specific stylist to do your hair). If you don't hear her name, head in there and explain the situation and I'm sure they will fix it for free and you know she won't be there.

If you like what the new stylist does, just call and make sure they're working when you're due for a cut, and request her/him.

I'm partial to the online options my barber has. Look online, see who's available and reserve a slot without all the bs. Welcome to 2023: http://www.theargyleleague.com/

I'm partial to the online options my barber has. Look online, see who's available and reserve a slot without all the bs. Welcome to 2023: http://www.theargyleleague.com/
My barber school also uses an online reservation system. People expect the front desk/reception to become obsolete as everyone adapts to online scheduling/communication.

Oh, I'm right there with you. I tried calling. When they are busy, which is a lot, they can't answer phones, so you get this message to call back later. This was happening every time I called.

I finally got through this morning, lady answers the phone. I ask who is working today. She goes "Who are you looking for?"

And I could tell it sounded like her. So I hung up. I started talking and hit hang up so it sounded like we got disconnected.

This lady needs a day off.

I finally got through this morning, lady answers the phone. I ask who is working today. She goes "Who are you looking for?"

And I could tell it sounded like her. So I hung up. I started talking and hit hang up so it sounded like we got disconnected.

Dude, you are marked now. She knew it was you.

This is now a game to see who blinks first.

You are going to wind up in her chair at some point and you are going to hear a "whoops". But it won't be an accident, it will be revenge. You have been warned.

Agree with the others spend more on the cut and just go somewhere else. I go to a men's salon and its around $100 with a nice tip for a cut by a master stylist. Worth the money man.

Oh, I'm right there with you. I tried calling. When they are busy, which is a lot, they can't answer phones, so you get this message to call back later. This was happening every time I called.

She can't take a day off. She gives terrible cuts and no one wants to schedule with her. This is like a break-up, you need to move on to a different GreatClips.

@gianmarco - where we at on this thing?
Likely update in the next couple hours.

Update?

I had a place where I used to live that was a one-woman barber shop, she owned the place (took it over from her father). I have a simple cut with my barely still there hair (2 on the sides, 3 on top). But she was friendly, I'm supporting a small business owner, she did the straight razor shave on the neck, and it was a convenient location. I go in on a Friday afternoon around 4:00 one day, and she's extra chatty. She's asking me about a recent trip....and then asking me again the exact same question. Is she slurring? I then realize as she's buzzing the sides that she's holding the arm of the clippers hand with her other hand to steady it, as her hand is shaking. I happen to glance over into the garbage can nearby, and see an empty pint of fireball laying in it. She's schmammered.

At this point all I can think about is the straight razor part of the agenda. This could get life-threatening. I just want her to get through the clippers work and get out of there, and am prepared to shut her down if she reaches for the blade. But she's so tanked she totally forgot, I paid her and left, never to return again.

I laughed out loud so hard at this hahahhaha

Man, we've got a resolution. Great Clips ftw and they've earned a customer for life.

So, after the failed phone call attempt, I realized I needed to move onto another place as others suggested. I brought my car in for service today and lo and behold, there's a Great Clips just a 1 minute walk away. I don't believe in fate, but this did have me wondering a bit.....

I sign in online with my phone as I'm walking over. I go in and there's no one in except an elderly lady sitting up front who is clearly not waiting to have her hair done. The lady working there checks me in and I go "So, we have a little situation. Can I talk to you for a moment?". She's a little taken aback but, I was smiling, so she smiles back and goes "Ok, let's head back to the chair and we can talk there". Perfect.

I gave her a somewhat Cliff's version of the OP. She's nodding in affirmation as I'm talking. When I'm done, her words are like music to my ears: "So, tell me what we're looking to do so we can fix this". I tell her, she throws the robe over me and she starts going to work. Now, it's weird, but I can FEEL when my hair is being cut right and when it's the right length. This cut is feeling like magic. She's done in less than 10 minutes, shows me the back, and I've got a proper fade. While in the chair, we were chatting it up as I was making sure to come off friendly. As we were talking about what happened with the last cut, she said "I could see the problem with your hair as soon as you came in" and she agreed that it wasn't done right.

When we were all finished, we head to the register. The nice thing is that the "clip notes" actually are available at all locations so she could see what I ask for and could see I was there 3 days earlier. I didn't know that since I've only gone to the 1 location since they started the "clip notes". As I'm pulling out my $10.99 card to pay, she rings it up as no charge since this was fixing up a recent cut. I handed her $5, thanked her, and headed on my way.

THAT is customer service. And all of you that are bagging on Great Clips, I would suggest you rethink your position on them.

I'd like to thank all the excellent advice I got in here.

Last edited:
Seriously. A free haircut is worth at least 10 bucks, maybe 20
A free haircut is worth maybe 20 but when I pay, it's $10.99?

Math doesn't compute.

I was in the chair for just over 5 minutes. And don't forget, I just paid for a haircut 3 days ago and tipped. I've spent a lot of time getting this taken care of. These posts don't write themselves.

Seriously. A free haircut is worth at least 10 bucks, maybe 20
A free haircut is worth maybe 20 but when I pay, it's $10.99?

Math doesn't compute.

I was in the chair for just over 5 minutes. And don't forget, I just paid for a haircut 3 days ago and tipped. I've spent a lot of time getting this taken care of. These posts don't write themselves.
:shrug:

If I am getting a 10 dollar haircut, I am tipping 10 dollars. People gotta feed their kids you know.

If I get a free haircut I am likely stlil paying the same for the karma points

Man, we've got a resolution. Great Clips ftw and they've earned a customer for life.

So, after the failed phone call attempt, I realized I needed to move onto another place as others suggested. I brought my car in for service today and lo and behold, there's a Great Clips just a 1 minute walk away. I don't believe in fate, but this did have me wondering a bit.....

I sign in online with my phone as I'm walking over. I go in and there's no one in except an elderly lady sitting up front who is clearly not waiting to have her hair done. The lady working there checks me in and I go "So, we have a little situation. Can I talk to you for a moment?". She's a little taken aback but, I was smiling, so she smiles back and goes "Ok, let's head back to the chair and we can talk there". Perfect.

I gave her a somewhat Cliff's version of the OP. She's nodding in affirmation as I'm talking. When I'm done, her words are like music to my ears: "So, tell me what we're looking to do so we can fix this". I tell her, she throws the robe over me and she starts going to work. Now, it's weird, but I can FEEL when my hair is being cut right and when it's the right length. This cut is feeling like magic. She's done in less than 10 minutes, shows me the back, and I've got a proper fade. While in the chair, we were chatting it up as I was making sure to come off friendly. As we were talking about what happened with the last cut, she said "I could see the problem with your hair as soon as you came in" and she agreed that it wasn't done right.

When we were all finished, we head to the register. The nice thing is that the "clip notes" actually are available at all locations so she could see what I ask for and could see I was there 3 days earlier. I didn't know that since I've only gone to the 1 location since they started the "clip notes". As I'm pulling out my $10.99 card to pay, she rings it up as no charge since this was fixing up a recent cut. I handed her $5, thanked her, and headed on my way.

THAT is customer service. And all of you that are bagging on Great Clips, I would suggest you rethink your position on them.

:useless:

So, after the failed phone call attempt, I realized I needed to move onto another place as others suggested. I brought my car in for service today and lo and behold, there's a Great Clips just a 1 minute walk away. They gave me a free "do"-over (hah!), and it looks great. But ... I left my car at Timmy's Transmissions and Tune-ups for an oil change and tire rotation. I told the manager/owner, Timmy, that the car was running a little rough and felt that an oil change and tire rotation should do the trick. When I got back from my haircut, the serviceman, Tommy, had the entire engine block out of the car and hanging from a pulley. That seemed a little excessive to me, so I asked what was going on. Tommy said that while changing the oil, he saw a couple of rust spots on the underside of the engine and decided to lift the engine out and scrape those off. I asked him to put the engine back in so I could head home. He got it back in, I paid for the oil change, tipped Timmy for Tommy's work, and left. The car rode smoothly, but a mile from home one of the tires fell off. I'm going to drive it back over tomorrow so they can put it back on. I'm hoping Tommy will be on his day off.
Fixed.

:useless:
Updated hairdo

It's so much better now.

Users who are viewing this thread