What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Raiders vs. Chargers Thursday Night Thread (1 Viewer)

Critical 4th quarter drive with time expiring...why not back-to-back passes to A. Patton.  That makes sense in some universe, no doubt...

Why the heck did they run 4 verticals there when the Raiders were playing Man-2 on every play?  You're just running right into the defense there.

Might be one of the ugliest possessions I’ve ever seen. Rivers just miserable. 

always amazed at the poor awareness DBs have on 4th down plays
Football players as a whole have absolutely zero football situational awareness.  Intramural players can get this stuff right but guys making millions of dollars can't.

good snapshot of why rivers is a loser on that last INT... you can't expect to get bailed out with a hands to the face there you clown

As good as Rivers was on the TD drive in the 4th quarter, he was awful on that last drive.  Didn't even give his team a chance. 
I don't know who my QB pick would be if I needed a scoring drive with under 2 minutes left(Wilson maybe) but Rivers would likely be my last choice. He is the #1 reason the Chargers lost this game, and I'm usually a defender of his. 

Why the hell is he throwing 30 yards downfield almost every play? You only need a FG, and have 3 timeouts. They had guys(Henry, Ekeler) wide open short for easy 7-8 yard gains with room to run, and he just passed it up over and over. This isn't even an isolated incident, its like if there is under 2 minutes left, Rivers IQ drops 80 points. Inexcusable.

Last edited by a moderator:
As good as Rivers was on the TD drive in the 4th quarter, he was awful on that last drive.  Didn't even give his team a chance. 
Odd that the Chargers abandoned the crossing routes and slants by Allen too.   He was open all game but maybe Rivers was tired of overthrowing Allen and wanted to just throw it up on the outside and away from the safeties 

I think he's already the best RB in the AFC...which admittedly sounds like hyperbole, until you actually look at the RB's in the AFC.
Gordon was more impressive tonight, and Chubb has been great.

He's definitely VERY good....but the hype on him has been a little over the top

Users who are viewing this thread