What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hypothetical: Garrett Hits Tom Brady - What Happens? (1 Viewer)

dbc925

Footballguy
Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that there are different rules for different players?  If Garrett had taken Brady's helmet off and hit him with it, what do you think the penalty would be vs. what it's going to be?  

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that there are different rules for different players?  If Garrett had taken Brady's helmet off and hit him with it, what do you think the penalty would be vs. what it's going to be?  
Death

Fans would probably be happy for Garrett to have knocked some sense back into Brady for going after Garrett in the first place, let alone without a helmet.

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, “biblical”?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes…
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria.

The hit that started all of this would have prompted a flag if it had been Brady or Rodgers.  Just ask Gerald McCoy.

Something tells me it wouldn't have happened because i think players know there are certain guys you can't retaliate like that to.  But to back up, Rudolph kinda started it so I doubt TB12 would have done that.  

But...to satisfy the question, I think it would have ended exactly the same. A swift and severe punishment. Even if that act would have occurred in a game not nationally televised and between the Jets and Lions, it would have netted the same result.

My bigger "what if" is"what if that retaliation would have led to a concussion for Rudolph or season-ending injury?  Would that change things?

I think if it was Brady it would be an indefinite suspension. Since it was Rudolph I think it should only have been a 15 yard penalty. Actually there would have been penalties on both teams so It should offset and they should have replayed the down.

Something tells me it wouldn't have happened because i think players know there are certain guys you can't retaliate like that to.  But to back up, Rudolph kinda started it so I doubt TB12 would have done that.  

My bigger "what if" is"what if that retaliation would have led to a concussion for Rudolph or season-ending injury?  Would that change things?
On point #1: you’re dead on. Brady would have just whined to the ref.

#2, I’m willing to bet it would have made a difference.

Should have gone with JJ Watt using a helmet to hit Kaepernick in the head if you were looking for a real #### show of a thread. 

I've heard rumors that Brady actually caused the Garrett/Rudolph incident by eating a bowl of Avocado ice cream.  It's known as the butterfly Belichick Brady effect.  Essentially, the theory is that everything that happens in the NFL can be tied back to the Patriots.  At least, that is what I read on the dark web.

I'll up you one... what if Tom's hair piece came off in front of the whole world :)  Dude plays the whole game and his hair stays dry like the Adhesive keeping the piece on

Users who are viewing this thread