What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Minnesota at San Francisco (-7) Game Thread-Divisional Round (1 Viewer)

Ready for some elite 8 divisional round action. The competitive nature of last week is unlikely to be matched but this a great weekend of football historically. 

It's hard to take Minnesota today but I do feel that Kirk Cousins has had a lot of starts(game experience) under his belt going back to Washington and despite him not doing well in primetime games, his opponent Jimmy G is largely unproven and the idea he just walks in and calmly tosses 250-300+ yards and has no issues...that seems like a farce to me so I think we could have a slightly closer game than some think and then San Fran pulls away in the 4th. 

10-7 in the 2nd 

17-14 in the 3rd

31-17 San Fran pulls away in the 4th...this is one scenario that seems believable. The Over Under is about 45 so if you think this is a San Fran blowout then you come up with 35-10 and that seems a little too lopsided. 

We haven't really had a blowout yet and I think the 2nd game today has a better chance for someone to win by 3 TDs. 

If it goes down to the wire then you are looking at something like 24-21 and which kicker do you like more?

I think if Thielen was healthy I’d favor the Vikings. The 49ers haven’t been good in the second half. I’m expecting a close game.

I have no idea what is going to happen but the Vikings defense is better than people give them credit for.

With teams evenly matched it often comes down to turnovers.

I’m thinking a 27-20 SF win. SF runs more effectively than NO did. Opens things up for some big plays to Kittle and Deebo. Min hangs in there, but doesn’t have quite enough. 

I loved the Vikings chances against the Saints last week. The matchups were just too good to ignore. I'm much less confident about this game for Minn. Still think it'll be close, but that 49ers front 7 is waaaay better than NO was. 

I can't even wrap my head around how epic an NFCCG between Vikes-Pack at Lambeau would be. It would severely suck to lose that, but the chance to win that game is worth the potential heartache.

LET'S GO VIKES!!!

SKOLLLLLLL!!!!

Vikings will run the ball effectively for about a quarter then Niners tighten things down. 49ers up 14 at halftime. Cousins never gets comfortable in the pocket. He will be sacked 4 times and throw a pick 6.

49ers 34

Vikings 13

49ers pre-game show.  Vikes don't have a chance.  I'm going to the movies.

I like SF comfortably.  I think Shanahan is a fantastic offensive mind and SF D will slow down Cook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to take anything away from Minny but to me the story last week was how bad NO played - Vikings took advantage but I don’t see SF making the same mistakes.

Very unimaginative offense for the Vikings

Run Cook right side...short gain

Run Cook right side...stuffed

Pass up the sideline that had no chance

Punt...

Defensive genius Mike Zimmer about to get schooled.  Going to be a long day.

Users who are viewing this thread