Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Otis

Planters Cocktail Peanuts or Dry Roasted Peanuts?

Planters Cocktail Peanuts or Dry Roasted Peanuts?  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This should be a runaway, but the FFA has gotten easy ones wrong before.

Both have their place but if I had to choose I’m taking Dry Roasted

• Like 1

I’ll take dry roasted 6 out of 7 days a week. 

Give me honey roasted otherwise though. Those are crazy addictive and I can’t buy them for that reason. I grew up with a friend who would have one of those enormous tins on his living room coffee table all the time and I would go (ahem) nuts on them any time I was there. 

• Love 1

Cocktail, but honey roasted are far superior imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

15 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Planters, the Budweiser of peanuts.

They should do a joint ad and have Mr. Peanut riding a Clydesdale.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

But...

Fisher >> Planters

Well that’s absurd but ok 

Dry Roasted by a country mile and then some.

• Like 1

Not a fan of dry roasted at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

41 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

Virginia peanuts for the win.  Not the boiled gross kind.

Yep. Virginia Diner Old Bay

Boiled peanuts are some type of prank Southerners play on tourists. Totally disgusting.

• Like 7
  • Laughing 2

52 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

They should do a joint ad and have Mr. Peanut riding a Clydesdale.

I support all joint ads.

I voted Dry Toasted.

18 minutes ago, The General said:

Boiled peanuts are some type of prank Southerners play on tourists. Totally disgusting.

There was an old black guy that sold all types of peanuts outside of Comerica Park, I remember telling my buddy I was going to try the boiled one time and he said “do you like peas?”

he was notorious for misleading me on things so I proudly walked up and asked for an order of Boiled Peanuts.  I got an Are You Sure type of look as he repeated “Boiled?”.  I nodded yes and he had to motion over to someone to go retrieve them form a nearby truck so I know right there I had made a bad decision 

they were awful (and I’ll eat just about anything).  I was tempted to give them to a homeless person but I didn’t want him to think I was playing some sick joke on him so I just tossed them 

• Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

There was an old black guy that sold all types of peanuts outside of Comerica Park, I remember telling my buddy I was going to try the boiled one time and he said “do you like peas?”

he was notorious for misleading me on things so I proudly walked up and asked for an order of Boiled Peanuts.  I got an Are You Sure type of look as he repeated “Boiled?”.  I nodded yes and he had to motion over to someone to go retrieve them form a nearby truck so I know right there I had made a bad decision 

they were awful (and I’ll eat just about anything).  I was tempted to give them to a homeless person but I didn’t want him to think I was playing some sick joke on him so I just tossed them 

Yup. I got them somewhere in the Georgia years ago at a roadside stand. Had been seeing signs for them and thought I like peanuts, I like local delicacies. Completely disgusting. Would rather have eaten the bag they were in.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

Dry Roasted if I'm eating them for health reasons.  Cocktail peanuts if I'm eating them for flavor.

Ya'll are nuts. I love boiled peanuts.  I boil a 30 lb sack every year and freeze them.  For the purposes of this thread though, I went dry roasted.  It was a close call though.

• Like 1

I'm shocked with these results.  Do you people wash down the dry roasted peanuts with extra pulp OJ? :angry:

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I'm shocked with these results.  Do you people wash down the dry roasted peanuts with extra pulp OJ? :angry:

Almond milk for me.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Almond milk for me.

GTFOOH

;)

Germack salted in-shell or Honey Toasted for the win.

But I voted dry roasted.

Side topic:  I love Salt and Pepper Pistachios.  They are the best.  But how do they get the salt and pepper in them?  :confused:

3 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Side topic:  I love Salt and Pepper Pistachios.  They are the best.  But how do they get the salt and pepper in them?  :confused:

Wrong thread sir

• Like 1

I'll eat dry roasted but they sometimes have a weird flavor to me. Cocktail for me. Always consistent and prefect saltiness. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Should have ordered the cajun version.

7 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Should have ordered the cajun version.

Their regular Cajun peanuts were good, I don’t believe there was a Cajun boiled version 

other:

Trader Joe's 50% less salted peanuts

5 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Dry Roasted if I'm eating them for health reasons.  Cocktail peanuts if I'm eating them for flavor.

X

4 hours ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

I'll eat dry roasted but they sometimes have a weird flavor to me. Cocktail for me. Always consistent and prefect saltiness. 

So you're the one walking around getting all that grease on the doorknobs. 

• Thanks 1

Congrats to the FFA for nailing this one :thumbup:

Dry roasted is a disgusting crime against humanity. 

• Sad 1

We had to give them up due to constipation issues. Got plugged up pretty good a few years back and almost went to the ER. Can eat one or two but that's about it.

Have any of you tried Japanese peanuts?

• Sad 1

Cocktail peanuts are way better.  The dry roasted are way too salty and almost have a sawdust texture once you start chewing them.  

Neither compare to peanuts in the shell

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

I real southern will pronounce them "Bald Penuts"  No hairy nuts for The Southern Man. 

File this under things Neil Young never told you.

11 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Cajun boiled peanuts are the ####.  Fight me @The General

Masking the taste/texture with some nice cajun seasoning would help but still GROSS!

• Sad 1

Spanish peanuts for the win.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Willie Neslon said:

We had to give them up due to constipation issues. Got plugged up pretty good a few years back and almost went to the ER. Can eat one or two but that's about it.

Really?  They have the exact opposite affect on my.  Every so often I go on a peanut binge and will eat a jar at a sitting (not sure why, just every so often get a craving for peanuts).  Will definitely make me "regular"

4 minutes ago, snellman said:

Really?  They have the exact opposite affect on my.  Every so often I go on a peanut binge and will eat a jar at a sitting (not sure why, just every so often get a craving for peanuts).  Will definitely make me "regular"

Nuts, cheese, jerky. Can't pass it.

• Sad 1

Cocktail for sure. I don't get the dry roasted thing.

Preferring dry roasted makes about as much sense as preferring baked potato chips over fried.

18 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Not a fan of dry roasted at all. 

They seem kind of dry.

• Thanks 1

How anyone can think dry roasted tastes better than cocktail peanuts is hard to fathom.  

• Like 3