What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (18 Viewers)

Wtf?? Death threats for Fauci?? They've beefed up security for him. Poor guy isn't under enough stress already..  :angry:
Really, people? The coronavirus was not his fault. If Dr. Fauci decided to sit this one out back in February, the economy still gets fubarred in exactly the same way. Maybe worse.

Italy had 4668 new cases and 760 new death.  Numbers remain flat but really hoping/wishing that they would start decreasing at this point.  
A little quick for that.  The whole point of flattening the curve is to avoid that vertical spike in exchange for long low plateau.  In theory the area under the curve should remain the same.

Honestly, that sounds like a personal bias. I posted something on this from the NYT last night that actually cites a small controlled study having success.

But if you'd take news from MSNBC but not Fox (as your post makes it sound), may want to take a long look in the mirror while shaving that coronabeard. Still love ya, Dougie.
Anything game-changing, I want corroborated and also put in proper context. I would be surprised to see an old-line media outlet run way out in front of their competitors with game-changing news.

The NYT's info was legit -- and also properly guarded. There's no undertone of "Lift these stay-at-home orders NOW! We have an easy cure in hand!"

Sad but Florida’s gonna get slammed. Older population, people fleeing there from other states, idiot Governor, way behind in closing off the state and allowing gatherings. 
Arizona will be there soon for the same reasons. The other pharmacist at my store just got a call and his uncle likely has it, waiting on his test results and now in the hospital. It’s gonna be a rough couple of months.

Keep looking. There are April delivery dates to be found...

https://www.amazon.com/Non-Woven-Fabric-Disposable-Masks-30PACK/dp/B085Y47V4R/ref=sr_1_6?crid=3TE0C07BUBV0&dchild=1&keywords=face+mask+flu&qid=1585841570&sprefix=face+mask+flu%2Caps%2C210&sr=8-6

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Elastic-Ear-Loop-3-Breathable/dp/B085X1QN3C/ref=sr_1_42?crid=3TE0C07BUBV0&dchild=1&keywords=face+mask+flu&qid=1585841570&sprefix=face+mask+flu%2Caps%2C210&sr=8-42

https://www.amazon.com/Dukal-900610-Reflections-Earloop-Pleated/dp/B07SYJBBS4/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3TE0C07BUBV0&dchild=1&keywords=face+mask+flu&qid=1585841570&sprefix=face+mask+flu%2Caps%2C210&sr=8-4

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Personal-Protection-Dust-Proof-Spittle/dp/B086727YCX/ref=sr_1_9?crid=3TE0C07BUBV0&dchild=1&keywords=face+mask+flu&qid=1585841570&sprefix=face+mask+flu%2Caps%2C210&sr=8-9

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Earloop-3-Layer-Safety-50-pcs/dp/B085DYK4L3/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3TE0C07BUBV0&dchild=1&keywords=face+mask+flu&qid=1585841570&sprefix=face+mask+flu%2Caps%2C210&sr=8-7

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Breathable-Comfortable-Sanitary-Surgical/dp/B08598DXJ4/ref=sr_1_20?crid=3TE0C07BUBV0&dchild=1&keywords=face+mask+flu&qid=1585841570&sprefix=face+mask+flu%2Caps%2C210&sr=8-20

https://www.amazon.com/TTbuy-EY-001-Masks-3-2-Blue/dp/B0846NVBQG/ref=sr_1_21?crid=3TE0C07BUBV0&dchild=1&keywords=face+mask+flu&qid=1585841570&sprefix=face+mask+flu%2Caps%2C210&sr=8-21

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Offices-Households-Sensitive-Crowded/dp/B085TF7JPK/ref=sr_1_38?crid=3TE0C07BUBV0&dchild=1&keywords=face+mask+flu&qid=1585841570&sprefix=face+mask+flu%2Caps%2C210&sr=8-38
I placed an order and cancelled. I read the company reviews since these newly on line masks are all from China and people are having problems with what is pictured isn't what they're getting or not as described. For example, one said it has the adjustable metal nose bridge. A few customers said no they don't. I'm saving my money. I'll keep an eye out for drugstores supplies. Otherwise it's a thick bandana for me who goes out once a week or less to the store.

Also I noticed broken english rave reviews copied and pasted at other newly posted mask pages on Amazon. I have no doubt they are raving their own products and are not customers. 

Really, people? The coronavirus was not his fault. If Dr. Fauci decided to sit this one out back in February, the economy still gets fubarred in exactly the same way. Maybe worse.
That’s not why he’s getting threats
I would hope not. Is it instead because some see Fauci and his suggested measures as "messing with their money", as it were?

Just crossed over a million cases worldwide on worldometer
Just noticed UK had a big jump too.  They seemed to lag behind at first, but now with 3K dead with 30K positive tests.  Spain similar with 10K deaths and 110K positives.

We've doubled Italy here in the US in total cases. 

I'm scared to see what this looks like 2-3 weeks from now.

Also love how that governor claims he just found out 24 hours ago asymptomatics can pass the virus on. Talk about head in the sand. Wow. And the stay at home orders don't go into effect until tomorrow! Wow. Let's get people 2 days to have their gatherings. Churches are exempt to. All I can say is I'm thankful I live in a state that has a governor with brains. I feel for Georgians who are bound to become a hotspot. 

@prosopis This, unless you actually want to keep it.

They'll likely ask why you want to cancel and you can say "because the regular rate is too high." And when they ask what they could do to change your mind, just say "give me the same rate I had last year and credit the amount I was charged at the full rate towards this year." They'll likely agree and move on.

I've had to do this before when I forgot to make my call before it renewed. They definitely don't want to lose subscribers.
This is exactly what I do every year. This year is different as I do not know when I will be back to work so I did not want to spend the money. I was hoping for a 2 mos reprieve while things settled but they made no offer of anything.

This is the first time I had to do it through chat as well. They got rid of the phone number so I can not call.

When I am back at work I will probably see if they will give me my rate back which is less than 50% of what they charge.

Seriously?

Georgia Gov yesterday

“What we’ve been telling people from directives from the CDC for weeks now— that if you start feeling bad, stay home—those individuals could have been infecting people before they ever felt bad, but we didn’t know that until the last 24 hours”

Ooof
I've resisted saying much because 1. I didn't want to be accused of being political (it's not) and 2. politics do belong in the PSF and I haven't been venturing in there for a while.

Having said that - this guy is a ####### idiot.

yeah, it's probably time to shave the coronabeard.
:(   I've been growing my beard for probably 6-7 months if not longer.  It's grey as hell so not all that attractive anyways.  Probably time to manscape and get rid of it.  Masks are being delivered.

falguy said:
Are you pissed at the limit or the employee?  The employee didn't set the limit, the store did. They probably did for a reason even though you can't see it.  The employee probably had to tell 20 people already that they can't buy more than the limit for certain items. Half of those people probably #####ed and moaned so maybe cut the employee some slack for having to deal with that all day. Maybe she was snarky but put yourself in her shoes.  It's tough on all of them. Try to remember that.

No sign up is a problem, I'll admit, but maybe it fell down or was moved or who knows.  Or maybe the girl was wrong and there was no limit.  If you felt that you could have found the manager and asked I suppose.

I know a couple young adults who work in grocery stores and they are stressed to the max.  I just think we should all be aware that it's a tough gig and maybe cut them a little slack.

my :2cents:  
I understand all of that and am compassionate of their situation. The “hoard” shaming is what I have a problem with. Don’t pretend you’re Gov Cuomo with word tracks. 

Doug B said:
I would hope not. Is it instead because some see Fauci and his suggested measures as "messing with their money", as it were?
No, it's because he dares to contradict the Messiah of the right wing death cult.

ETA: I know.  No politics.  Don't care.  It's good or evil in this battle.  Hiding your head in the sand is the same as taking a stand for evil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newsom

Announcing CA State assistance for small businesses.

No need to file state tax. One year reprieve loan no interest or penalties, up to 50k.

There are grant programs, $10 million worth. Ca small business owners encouraged to check out what's new and in effect now.

For more info, covid19.ca.gov

Our company is providing at least 70% base pay to our hourly staff who is seeing reduction in work. Corporate and division salary personnel taking 10% pay reduction. 20% for those with incentive eligibility. 30% for executive-level officers. Our CEO is donating 100% to our in-house charity set up to provide for employees going through hard times. They see this lasting at least two months.

We can do this together!

top dog said:
Everyone has a bad day once in a while.  The cashier was out of line, but considering the circumstances I would have cut her some slack.  My youngest works in the grocery section of a local Walmart.  He's been going to work through this and it has taken a couple pep talks from me to keep his spirit up.  People are jerks.  They had a lady following them around with her cell phone recording them yelling and cussing at them "WHY DON'T YOU HAVE ANY FOOD HERE???!!" shortly after the stay at home order was issued here.  They have been working non-stock at stocking and cleaning these places.  I really do appreciate the grocery  workers more now than I ever did before.  They ARE truly essential jobs and it is normally a pretty thankless one.
I have mentioned my daughter works at Sam's and they have been scheduling her brutal hours (even though she is still having to do on-line college classes). No protection still for the employees. The much promised spit guards are coming they say. Yesterday they decided it was the cashier's job to clean the bathrooms now. They did give her gloves for that, but still  :X

My wife and I knew this next three weeks is going to suck, so we put together a quick Walmart order to just shore up things which I didn't think of during my initial prep. Since my wife and I are both WFH, we are tearing though printer paper--so had to get a few packages of that. Extra Tide and Downy-special treats for our daughter like cookie dough and ice cream. I can't for the life of me understand why people would go in a store. We placed the order on-line yesterday for pickup today at 9:00. Pull up--they had one item not in stock (gloves of course), no option for paper goods and a total of six substituted items. Popped the hatch--guy loaded it and we were gone. Zero interaction, but yet the parking lot was full and this is right next to a Sam's and there was a line outside there as well. The only complaint is the guy loading didn't have gloves on.

Got home and my wife rolled up a t-shirt so I could use as a mask before wiping all the items down to bring in the house. She ties this thing but puts it around my eyes and it was like some drunken game of pin the tail on the donkey. I wiped only the perishable down and left the rest in the garage. We are truly not going anywhere anytime soon. 

We just lost our first deputy here--40 year old but might have had underlying conditions.  :(

CurlyNight said:
Also love how that governor claims he just found out 24 hours ago asymptomatics can pass the virus on. Talk about head in the sand. Wow. And the stay at home orders don't go into effect until tomorrow! Wow. Let's get people 2 days to have their gatherings. Churches are exempt to. All I can say is I'm thankful I live in a state that has a governor with brains. I feel for Georgians who are bound to become a hotspot. 
A friend flew home to Georgia to be with family. She decided last week to rent a house In Pawleys Island (SC) because their governor isn’t insane.

Tons of people on the west coast have n95 masks at home due to the smoke from wildfires each summer. Hell, almost everyone I know does. Hospitals here are only taking donations of unopened boxes (which makes sense) though so what am I supposed to do with the 18 I have leftover from last summer other than use them? 

Also in regards to testing, still hearing of stories locally where it’s taking up to TWO WEEKS to get results back🤦‍♂️
Yup, same here - I have an opened box with probably 10-15 n95 masks in my emergency kit that I got a couple of years ago when the smoke here was just brutal (even bought 6 pairs of goggles at the time).  

I haven't worn one yet during this thing, but I have pulled out the 4 buffs that I've gotten as race giveaways over the years and may start throwing one of those on and pulling it up over my mouth and nose when I have to venture out to the store.

I had to hit Walmart today for rest of stuff. I grabbed two packages of paper towels. Each package had two rolls. At the self check out the attendant said I could only have one package. I was cool with that and did not put up a fuss. I did however feel like I had to defend myself that I was not a POS hoarder. I just said that I did not see a sign regarding this but that's cool. Attendant told me that there were signs but customers get mad at them and take the signs down so they stopped putting them up. I wished her a nice day and thanked her for the help.

Hopefully I am now home for a week or two. I believe we are good.

I do still have an appt to sign for a home equity loan on Saturday. I am hoping that gets done as I had an air conditioner installed in February and this loan is how I am paying for it. Air conditioner guy has called. I told him I am doing my best. I have been working on this loan since December. Bank kept making silly mistakes and several hoops to jump through. What should have taken a week is going on 4 months.

Just hoping the bank does not ask me if I am currently working right now. :scared:

I feel ridiculous signing for a home equity loan when I am not working. If I did not owe the air conditioner guy I would not do it but I can't leave him hanging. He is a good guy who started and runs this small business. I will feel horrible if something happens and I can not pay him.

Our company is providing at least 70% base pay to our hourly staff who is seeing reduction in work. Corporate and division salary personnel taking 10% pay reduction. 20% for those with incentive eligibility. 30% for executive-level officers. Our CEO is donating 100% to our in-house charity set up to provide for employees going through hard times. They see this lasting at least two months.

We can do this together!
This is how you keep good employees. Hats off to you guys.

In case anybody cares, this story was false. Turns out he actually had insurance and never went to the urgent care clinic at all. They called the urgent care clinic and were told they needed to take him to the hospital. Which is the correct place he should have gone. 

The mayor basically fabricated this story out of thin air. He never even spoke to the family until a couple days after he said that. 

Of course pretty much nobody is correcting their story. Time is the only publication I can see with the update and even their article doesnt really want to admit it.

So the story that had gone viral simply wasn’t true: the teenager did not go to an urgent care clinic and he wasn’t uninsured. But one reason the story exploded on social media is that it felt emblematic of a broader, societal failing because it easily could have been true. It’s true, after all, that urgent care clinics in this country can legally deny treatment to anyone who doesn’t have insurance. And it’s true that more than 27 million Americans are uninsured.

I sort of get the run on TP. What's the deal with the paper towels though? Every one of us has old shirts and #### that easily become rags. In fact, we should all do that anyway and reduce if not eliminate our paper towel usage

nirad3 said:
:(   I've been growing my beard for probably 6-7 months if not longer.  It's grey as hell so not all that attractive anyways.  Probably time to manscape and get rid of it.  Masks are being delivered.
What kind did you get?

Just drove for the first time in 3 weeks or so. All the way to Sprouts a few blocks away to pick up a curbside order. I could get used to that kind of shopping. I really need to get out of the house and just drive or something.

Redwes25 said:
Italy had 4668 new cases and 760 new death.  Numbers remain flat but really hoping/wishing that they would start decreasing at this point.  
760 is down some from the peak IIRC.  They've been above 800 for like a week or so.  Three weeks since the shutdown.  Which we still haven't formalized nationwide yet.

I rode the subway for the first time since Saturday to pickup some cleaning supplies. Didn’t come within ten feet of another human. Self checkout.

Did not see anyone without a mask except for folks who live on the street. Cannot imagine how hard this is on them.

About 1/2 the people I saw had some type of disposable or surgical gloves.

I have mentioned my daughter works at Sam's and they have been scheduling her brutal hours (even though she is still having to do on-line college classes). No protection still for the employees. The much promised spit guards are coming they say. Yesterday they decided it was the cashier's job to clean the bathrooms now. They did give her gloves for that, but still  :X

My wife and I knew this next three weeks is going to suck, so we put together a quick Walmart order to just shore up things which I didn't think of during my initial prep. Since my wife and I are both WFH, we are tearing though printer paper--so had to get a few packages of that. Extra Tide and Downy-special treats for our daughter like cookie dough and ice cream. I can't for the life of me understand why people would go in a store. We placed the order on-line yesterday for pickup today at 9:00. Pull up--they had one item not in stock (gloves of course), no option for paper goods and a total of six substituted items. Popped the hatch--guy loaded it and we were gone. Zero interaction, but yet the parking lot was full and this is right next to a Sam's and there was a line outside there as well. The only complaint is the guy loading didn't have gloves on.

Got home and my wife rolled up a t-shirt so I could use as a mask before wiping all the items down to bring in the house. She ties this thing but puts it around my eyes and it was like some drunken game of pin the tail on the donkey. I wiped only the perishable down and left the rest in the garage. We are truly not going anywhere anytime soon. 

We just lost our first deputy here--40 year old but might have had underlying conditions.  :(
I've still been reading that deliveries don't need to be wiped down - this is a source of frustration to me, it genuinely feels that no one really knows what the real guidance should be.

[scooter] said:
You just described two events in which people were in close, prolonged contact with a large number of other people in the same room.

And you're referencing ventilation systems? :tinfoilhat:
Why wouldn't I mention the ventilation systems? Did you even read my post? You quoted it, but it seems like you read what you wanted to read. 

The reason they investigated the ventilation system is because some of these same covid positive employees were at a similar conference a few days later and nobody spread the disease there. So they were trying to isolate what could be different. 

They still don't know for certain why this happened at one and not the other. 

That's the whole point. Sorry that escaped you.

That was quick.

Due to Overwhelming demand for our Froggy’s Simply Sanitizer™ we will be pausing production on all other products.  They are not discontinued, and we will have stock for the busy season.  However, we started this venture to help the people who need it most.  We will be halting all online sales of Froggy’s Simply Sanitizer™ starting immediately.

We will open 100 cases or 600 Gallons at Noon every day. Once that quantity is met, we will deactivate it again.
I was able to get a gallon just now...
Received today.  Not a gel like Purell, and doesn't smell great... but I feel good knowing I have it on hand.

No, it's because he dares to contradict the Messiah of the right wing death cult.

ETA: I know.  No politics.  Don't care.  It's good or evil in this battle.  Hiding your head in the sand is the same as taking a stand for evil.
So we're doing this here now? 🤦‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread