What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** COVID-19 CoronaVirus Thread. Fresh epidemic fears as child pneumonia cases surge in Europe after China outbreak. NOW in USA (13 Viewers)

Mine also left the receipt, but it wasn't nearly that bad. I paid $115-ish for $100-ish worth of groceries. Given the hour they spent shopping, the 5 mile drive to and from my house, and the front porch drop off... I was happy to pay $15 to avoid the crowd. However, I'd think twice on $110. 
We use Shipt (owned by Target, can use at several different stores). Cost is $100/year, no delivery fee if purchase is over $35.  The price we pay on the groceries themselves is what we pay in store (at least for shopping at Target, I don't actually use any other stores so not sure if there is an upcharge if buying from another grocery store). 

• Smile
Reactions: RnR
People are the absolute worst.

On a walk and there’s nothing but space.

A lot of people out for a Sunday afternoon stroll-but by a lot I mean I’ve maybe seen 75 people in two miles.

Had one family ride by me on the street, me on the sidewalk, led by two kids about 7 and 9. Could have reached out and touched their helmets. Dad rode by with a goofy grin and I told him, as politely as I could muster, “You’re too close.”

He smiled and when he was a bit ahead I saw the wife speed up to ask what I said and they were discussing.

Guidelines now are 21 feet, people. Anything below 8 is just rude, especially if it’s easy to do.

Two guys in their mid twenties keep speeding up and down the road in electric bikes at a similar distance to everyone on the sidewalk.

I don’t get it. It is so damn easy to keep a safe distance in a suburban neighborhood. 
There is a path that connects two subdivisions near me. There is a row of hedges on one side and a wet muddy area on the other. 

Was out running and as I was approaching the exit of it a man is walking toward the path from the court. All he had to do was wait 2 seconds and I would have been off the path and could have gone hard right and had no worries getting safely around him. Instead he just trudges ahead and my only option is to stay on path and come in close contact or leave the path to the muddy area. 

Staring at my shoes drying on my patio has me fuming. 

At least he picks up after his dog as he had a huge bag of crap from a pretty small dog. 

There is a path that connects two subdivisions near me. There is a row of hedges on one side and a wet muddy area on the other. 

Was out running and as I was approaching the exit of it a man is walking toward the path from the court. All he had to do was wait 2 seconds and I would have been off the path and could have gone hard right and had no worries getting safely around him. Instead he just trudges ahead and my only option is to stay on path and come in close contact or leave the path to the muddy area. 

Staring at my shoes drying on my patio has me fuming. 

At least he picks up after his dog as he had a huge bag of crap from a pretty small dog. 
You could have pulled your shirt up over your nose, and then checked him into the hedge.  :ph34r:

JaxBill said:
Interestingly,  looking at Florida's numbers, after a jump of 43 new deaths on Thursday, the last 2 days have been 26 and 25 new deaths respectfully.

Their new cases the last 2 days has been 1277 and 1260. No idea if this due to them catching up on testing backlog or what.
Florida new cases and deaths

4/3 - 1260 , 26

4/4 - 1277,  25

4/5-  805,  26

Florida new cases and deaths

4/3 - 1260 , 26

4/4 - 1277,  25

4/5-  805,  26
Overall, a seemingly better day on Covid worldometers.  Virtually all states and top countries have numbers in, and the new cases count is still below 70,000 (after being above that threshold the last 4-5 days).  U.S. new cases currently around 23K after 34K yesterday.  New deaths are under 5,000, which is below recent thresholds. Still a lot of severe cases in the numbers, and still risk that the virus could take off on other continents.  But a better day than the last few.

Overall, a seemingly better day on Covid worldometers.  Virtually all states and top countries have numbers in, and the new cases count is still below 70,000 (after being above that threshold the last 4-5 days).  U.S. new cases currently around 23K after 34K yesterday.  New deaths are under 5,000, which is below recent thresholds. Still a lot of severe cases in the numbers, and still risk that the virus could take off on other continents.  But a better day than the last few.
Along these lines, for you math nerds and why case counts don't matter.

I think people are getting carried away with their paranoia in regards to outdoor spread.  It doesn't spread much outdoors.  You don't need to stay 21 feet away from people outdoors.  It spreads indoors when people are in close quarters.  Go to a church service with 200 people, you're screwed.  Outdoors, you're more likely to get hit by a car than getting Covid while jogging past someone.

A lot of people out for a Sunday afternoon stroll-but by a lot I mean I’ve maybe seen 75 people in two miles.

Had one family ride by me on the street, me on the sidewalk, led by two kids about 7 and 9. Could have reached out and touched their helmets. Dad rode by with a goofy grin and I told him, as politely as I could muster, “You’re too close.”

He smiled and when he was a bit ahead I saw the wife speed up to ask what I said and they were discussing.

Guidelines now are 21 feet, people. Anything below 8 is just rude, especially if it’s easy to do.

Two guys in their mid twenties keep speeding up and down the road in electric bikes at a similar distance to everyone on the sidewalk.

I don’t get it. It is so damn easy to keep a safe distance in a suburban neighborhood. 
I don't get this.   Went on a walk today and most people were doing pretty well.  But there are these other idiots just riding bikes side by side or camping in the middle of the pathway.  Also this was happening downtown.

People are just not taking this seriously enough.

There will be documentaries and movies about people getting sick, dying, and being trapped on cruise ships during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Maa family tradegy on the Coral Princess is unfolding before us at the Port of Miami. The father, Wilson,  was not evacuated to a local hospital as were other very sick people when the shipped docked yesterday. Then he got sicker, was manually ventilated on the ship, and it took the family 5 hours to get him to a local hospital, after calling 911, where he died hours later. Lots of runaround. Now, the mother Toyling is getting sicker on the ship and facing a similar dilemma, as the daughter pleads for help from the Miami Herald, Local 10 and Princess Cruises:

"Dad passed away last night. Thanks for all your support. Now my mom Toyling Maa is waiting for her ambulance. Been waiting over an hour. Please, I can't go through this again."

https://mobile.twitter.com/julieformusic/status/1246824695619616770

https://mobile.twitter.com/harrisalexc

There are 4 large hospitals within 10 minutes of the ship. Mount Sinai, Mercy, UM Health and Jackson Memorial. The father was sent to the lowest-rated hospital about 30 minutes away. I'm not sure what gives. The daughter is reaching out to the Florida SG via Twitter. 

Miami Mayor Francisco Suarez responds on Twitter,: "Julie please DM me."
"Good news! Family tells me Toyling Maa and Cathie Bryan are safely in hospitals now."

https://mobile.twitter.com/harrisalexc/status/1246908885530808320

21 feet is a bit much.  If you go telling everyone that comes within 21 feet they are too close, you are probably going to get a bunch of annoyed looks 

I don't get this.   Went on a walk today and most people were doing pretty well.  But there are these other idiots just riding bikes side by side or camping in the middle of the pathway.  Also this was happening downtown.

People are just not taking this seriously enough.
Yeah, sports of any kind, not good

Yes looking much better than yesterday, which was a disaster.  It’s quite possible weekend throws numbers off. Last Sunday was light too

I think people are getting carried away with their paranoia in regards to outdoor spread.  It doesn't spread much outdoors.  You don't need to stay 21 feet away from people outdoors.  It spreads indoors when people are in close quarters.  Go to a church service with 200 people, you're screwed.  Outdoors, you're more likely to get hit by a car than getting Covid while jogging past someone.
Thanks Doctor

Agreed. I try to going running every morning I’m off and do my best to cross the street or go into bike lane if someone is coming my way but 21 feet is excessive. There’s no guideline saying that and if it does come out, we should just go to a full on lockdown with no outside exercise allowed. Calling someone out like that is just too much.

Stocked up on everything 3 weeks ago, including enough coffee to get me through the decade - then realized this morning I was down to 3 coffee filters. Had to go to 3 different stores today since the first two had empty coffee filter shelves... what are folks using #4 filters as masks or something? 

Stocked up on everything 3 weeks ago, including enough coffee to get me through the decade - then realized this morning I was down to 3 coffee filters. Had to go to 3 different stores today since the first two had empty coffee filter shelves... what are folks using #4 filters as masks or something? 
plain white paper towels will do the trick, i haven't bought regular filters in years  :shrug:

I have had great experience with WalMart pickup.  Just open my trunk and they put it in, step back about 15 feet and I inspect the trunk.    We nod and then I leave.  No extra fee and I do all my shopping online.
No tip?
No, the two times I have tried to tip before all this I was told they are not allowed to accept tips.
When I was in high school I had a job sacking groceries. We weren't supposed to take tips either, there was one elderly gentleman who would hand us a dollar and tell us it fell out of our pocket. 

That's very interesting. I'm guessing you were happy with it prior to seeing the receipt. 
Yes, I was raving about it. Dude shopped with me on the app for about 90 minutes. Asked me about subbing every item on my list. Had me  :lmao:  at some of his commentary. I left him a 10% tip ( 5% over default given the circumstances). I knew about the delivery fee and service fee ahead of time. It was probably only $35-$40 of “hidden fees” (markup) total. Still, it’s was $110 more to have someone buy my groceries. That’s kinda nuts.

Yea I’m not going to say we are done with walks but I’m starting to get a bit nervous during them. We have a big backyard and a pool so may just keep to those. We had a guy come a few feet near us the other day doing lunges, turned and looked right at us as he lunged. Lunatics. 

plain white paper towels will do the trick, i haven't bought regular filters in years  :shrug:
I can confirm that this works.  We used to do this in my office all the time until I personally insisted on using filters because I thought it was too redneck to use paper towels.  But honestly the paper towels worked fine.

I was hiking everyday for the first couple weeks but have stopped. I'm sick of playing traffic cop for the stupid people. I almost got in a fight with a hillbilly family of 10 who refused to give me enough room to get around them. I'm just going for longer walks at night on the golf course now. I intuitively thought 6 feet was still too close. Until we get a bigger sample size of what is going on here I am gonna play it extra safe. I've become pretty good keeping people away from me with my dirty looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're probably right. The problem is that there is a ton we don't know about this virus. Every day I learn something new. I would prefer to err on the side of caution. Tomorrow we may wake up to find out the virus is not only airborne but it also chases people within 20 feet. 

You're probably right. The problem is that there is a ton we don't know about this virus. Every day I learn something new. I would prefer to err on the side of caution. Tomorrow we may wake up to find out the virus is not only airborne but it also chases people within 20 feet. 
Can you imagine if mosquitos could spread it?

We have a beautiful system of greenbelts a mile walk from my house, and I was doing that for the first week - which was a week earlier than most got the memo. We pulled our kids from school the week before Spring Break. Stopped a few weeks ago for two reasons.

One is some of the trails are narrow and ability to keep distance, especially when running into idiots as we’ve described, is hard. The other is because there are homeless people that camp under an expressway a couple miles away, and they’ve been known to venture into the pristine trail system. Things will probably become desperate, if they haven’t already, and it can get pretty isolated back there. At some point it’s going to be a bad idea to venture too far from public spaces.  
I have a similar situations with the hiking trail narrowing. The other problem is that I can't move too far of the trail to get out off the way because of Rattlesnakes. I went an alternate way to try to get around the Beverly Hillbillies  and nearly stepped on a snake.  

I have a 9 and 4 year old, and they are constantly running recklessly, climbing things precariously, and seemingly on the edge of calamity. Every hour I have to remind them, “Calm down! Hospitals are closed!” Making sure the family is practicing good oral care, including daily flossing, because I’d like us to avoid the dentist until there’s a vaccine. 

Last thing I want is to have to venture to public spaces because of a cavity or stitches. 
You're going to stay locked up until there is a vaccine? 

Users who are viewing this thread