What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When's the last time you ordered from McDonald's? (1 Viewer)

I usually take the egg off and eat it separately from the McGriddle / sausage / cheese.  I dunno why but don't like the full combo.
When I order a sausage McMuffin (Rarely)  I don’t get egg. But the egg on that one is different 

Had a Big Mac value meal yesterday.  Hadn't had a Big Mac for a while.  It was good.  :shrug:  

Used to love them as a kid.

We let the kids pick dinner once per month after we have already bribed them with something else. It's usually this. We don't always get some for us but even if we don't I end up finishing what they dont because I'm a human garbage disposal. 

Big Mac's come with the dinner box, so if we get that I'll have it but I'll never order it by itself. There other burgers are better. 

I probably go to mcdonalds 2-3 times per month.   Normally 2 of the times are for breakfast. I’ll get the sausage/egg muffin with cheese without the sausage (the sometimes run a 2 for $4 special).     Sometimes when I crave a greasy burger—I’ll grab a McDouble or Big Mac.  I know they are terrible for you—but I actually am okay with how they taste.  

I ate at McDonalds this week. I love to get two Sausage McMuffin with eggs and two breakfast burritos. I can get two days of breakfast for $8.00. Some days I have to eat on the run and this hits the spot. 

We use their app and get some pretty good deals. I have a bogo Quarter Pounder deal on there right now that we will probably use next weekend. My 15 year old loves their nuggets. So dinner for three for under $15.00 and I don't have to cook works for me. I mean it is nice to have a little treat on a Friday night after a long week. 

A few weeks ago kids had a half day so we went there.  New fresh beef QP is surprisingly good.  I’d say we get it for lunch / dinner a handful of times a year, usually on a road trip but occasionally for a quick meal if we’re out running around.  I usually get suckered I go some gimmick burger but if not I’ll rotate between Big Mac, filet of fish or the QP.  Have some chicken strips once or twice. 

breakfast I’d say 1-2 times a month, usually sausage McMuffin but will occasionally do steak bagel or bacon biscuit.  Always get an extra hash brown, they are damn good but can’t believe they’re $1.50

Maybe catch a burger 2-3 times a year.  What I don't like is that it's gotten expensive.  We've got a local 'greek' joint a 1/2 mile away, and we stop there at least once a month.  Their fresh-made burgers are about $1.60 and their fries are a lot less than the McD's right across the street.

Got a McFlurry a few years back. Never had a Big Mac, haven’t had any burger/fries from there in maybe 8 years?

Probably around 10 years. I was working late night in the city and that's all that was open. It was probably close to 10 years before that.

I liked the chicken mcnuggets when they first came out. Had dome last week for the first time in decades and they were awful.

Only 2 or 3 times over the last 15 years.  And then it was breakfast sandwiches during golf trips.   

Stopped and got a sausage/egg mcmuffin to celebrate that my heart was back to normal after my heart attack.  On a positive note to that, I only had one instead of the usual 2 for $4.  When there was one downtown, I'd stop there for lunch a couple times per year and always regretted it.  I've never had a big mac but liked the fries and a 1/4 Lber and a couple regular burgers or cheeseburgers.

A month or so ago for breakfast on the way up to ski.  We normally leave in enough time to eat at a restaurant for breakfast but if traffic is bad we end up grabbing mcmuffins to eat in the car.  We probably end up having to do it 5 or so times a year.

Last time I ordered a non-breakfast item: at least 20 years

Last time I ordered a breakfast item: last year when they eliminated the dollar menu.

The new "Order 1 item at full price and get another one for a dollar" menu is a joke.

It's been well over a year. My wife and oldest daughter have a gluten intolerance, so most of what we eat is gluten free anyway, but McDonald's is bad food.

I'll stop in the drive through and pick up a drink at times.

For food, I think it was in the summer - for some reason, I stop there on the way home from mountain biking sometimes.

Some reasons I stopped going there:

• Drive through got a lot slower
  • Other, better somewhat-fast options are always around
  • Apps make takeout so much faster than waiting in the drive through
  • Internet made it easy to find good food when traveling

Been going quite a bit recently but today I discovered that 2 for $5 is unfortunately over except for nuggets/fish so I just got a Big Mac for $4+ and left. 

The mcdouble and fries for $3 has been a crutch now that I'm working two jobs with a tight window in between. Two lanes for drive through so I'm through in a few minutes, max.

In 2018 they were testing French Toast McGriddle breakfast sandwich at a location near me. Very good. I’m not sure if they’re still around anywhere 

Pretty much only breakfast: bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit with hash brown.

Don't think I've had anything other that breakfast from McD in years.

Our fast food burgers of choice have been Wendy's and I still like BK occasionally.

Had my first non-breakfast food item in at least 10 years:  a filet-o-fish.   It doesn't come close to a Lenten fish-fry fish sandwich but it was okay.  

Once a week or two to get a happy meal for the 4 year old (generally after swim class because it's easy).  $3 for a 4 piece nugget, fries, apple slices and milk isn't bad - and comes with a toy to keep him entertained for the drive home. 

Every month or two I might order a chicken item from them if on a little road trip. 

Like several mentioned above.. a sausage muffin for breakfast occasionally.  Usually in a pinch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went last night with my boy.  The girls were out shopping and he picked McD's.  Their Quarter Pounder has improved.  Fries are still good.

Likely going again tomorrow night as my mom's out of town and I'll probably bring my kids over to my parents' house to hang out with my dad.  McD's is close and easy.

Was hungover on Sunday and thought of this thread so swung by. $4 for 2 McDoubles and a large Coke. Was glorious.

I get a cup of coffee from there every morning on the way to work. 
Same, it's pretty decent coffee for the price

I can't have the food there though bc I can't have gluten. Can't say I really miss it though.

After a twenty plus year hiatus, I had a Big Mac, fries, and a shake, three years ago, from the drive thru in Lone Pine, CA. It was the last food for many many miles. I got a McTummyache. Haven't been back.

Two years ago. Home for my father's funeral. Had to head to my mom's to meet up with the rest of the family. Small town. Motel breakfast was an undercooked mess that my wife and I wouldn't touch. So hit McD drive-thru to pick up a breakfast sandwich on the way to the house. Before that, 6-8 years for a breakfast sandwich on a moving day. So, I guess on average, once every half decade?

Rarely go, never had a Big Mac. 

Things I do like:

Strawberry shakes

Nuggets by the ton

Hashbrowns by the ton

Sausage biscuit with egg

Deluxe breakfast

Fries

December 2017 for me. This was my last meal before I went Vegan. It would also be my first meal if I ever went back to consuming animals (don’t see that ever happening). Not sure why, but I loved their food. They still have Hi-C Orange? Greatest drink of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread