What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When's the last time you ordered from McDonald's? (2 Viewers)

Stopped for a couple Egg McMuffins in Vail a couple weeks ago before skiing. That was strictly a time consideration.

Not sure what McDonalds serves qualifies as "food."

I don't do much fast food anymore, but I would say about 4-5 times a year, I get the urge for a Quarter Pounder with Cheese (and NO onions), and that is when I make a McD's run.  Most of the time, I have that "why did I get this?" feeling afterwards, which is probably why it usually takes me a few months to get one again. :lol:  

Had a hankering for a quarter pounder with cheese on Father's Day so said screw it and got it. Probably the first time I had anything other than a breakfast sandwich from McD in the last ten years.

I get 2 for 1 Quarter pounders or double cheeseburgers about once a week via the app.  Also a fan of the crispy chicken Mcgriddles.

There's one right by work.  I'll stop in rarely to get an egg mcmuffin or a breakfast burrito if I'm feeling bold.  I worked there for 2 years in college.  Almost never eat there.

A few times a year. Quarter pounder with cheese and double QPC is the only sandwich I might get there. Otherwise it's just chicken nuggets with sweet & sour sauce.

I find their fries average so won't order them for myself.

For those that saw the movie about the original McDonald's, I'd like to go back in time and see just how much better they were. Something tells me way better. 🍔 🍟

I don't recall the last time I had McDonald's but I'm pretty sure it was breakfast sandwiches, probably sausage McGriddles. Those are really good. 

It's been about a year, but I used to like the hot fudge sundae, as they use the real stuff and not the syrup that is used by BK and Costco.

I haven't gotten lunch or dinner from them in years.  (Except for one time in an airport when there were limited quick options)  We used to hit them up for breakfast sandwiches but the last few times, and at a few different places, have been awful.  Probably done since there are so many other options.  (Been done with Subway for a while now too)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday for dinner.  My boy likes the fries and basically eats some form of chicken nuggets for most dinners.  And I was over at my parents' place and my dad wanted a burger.

id say once a month i get the 2 cheeseburger meal

its usually after a long day of sports with the kids and we are on our way home

Usually once a month. Reward/special treat for my son when he’s being super good. He loves the happy meals. I try not to eat the meat there as it’s pretty gross so I’ll get some fries and a drink. 

id say once a month i get the 2 cheeseburger meal

its usually after a long day of sports with the kids and we are on our way home
Travel sports almost requires you to hit them up more frequently than you want to.  Breakfast on the go to early games is almost a guarantee.   Late dinners when you want to eat in the car because you just want to get home the mcdouble is perfect.  It's not messy, easy to eat while driving, and tastes decent for what it is.  Plus their coke's are the best out there.  

Travel sports almost requires you to hit them up more frequently than you want to.  Breakfast on the go to early games is almost a guarantee.   Late dinners when you want to eat in the car because you just want to get home the mcdouble is perfect.  It's not messy, easy to eat while driving, and tastes decent for what it is.  Plus their coke's are the best out there.  
Their coke's what?

It's got that pop that reverberates through your skull when you first take a swig.

Glorious.
I am not a coffee guy.  I never drink it.  I never drink sodas early either..........except for McDonald's coke when we go there for breakfast on the way to a game.  It's is the best.  Also, great after a night of drinking.  It is indeed glorious!

ETA:  I did make the mistake once of not taking a swig while still at the window because we were late to a game and just took off.  Didn't take a sip until at the field and it had run out of syrup and the carbonation was off.  It was one of the most disappointing things I have ever experienced.  Expecting that glorious swig of soda only to have nastiness.  Never again, always take a taste before leaving the window.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not eaten at McDonald’s in two years, at the same time I have lost 35 pounds.  Those Big Macs add up, and I use to eat them three times a week.

No scthick, they take their coke seriously

https://www.rd.com/article/mcdonalds-coke/

It all starts with the packaging. Typically, restaurants get their soda syrups in plastic bags, but Coca-Cola does something different for McDonald’s. The fast-food chain gets its Coke syrup delivered in stainless steel tanks. According to the New York Times, the material keeps the soda fresher, and your tongue can taste the difference. 
The SS keg part isn't true anymore. Hasn't been since at least the early 90's. I worked at a corporate store in HS and I remember when we switched from the corny kegs to bag in box.

The SS keg part isn't true anymore. Hasn't been since at least the early 90's. I worked at a corporate store in HS and I remember when we switched from the corny kegs to bag in box.
I believe you but that was from this year..... Maybe it's old info

Probably 20+ years, Supersize Me really helped me start a food lifestyle change.  As for my kids, we are fortunate that we have time to make dinner most nights and have educated them on healthy choices coupled with the downside of most fast food.  They learned that lesson first hand a few years ago when the grandparents took them to Wendy's and my younger daughter projectile vomited nuggets and fries at 3am.  

Local franchise just jumped the any size coke from 1.00 to 1.29. Not happy but still better and cheaper than most fast food drive thrus.

Sausage McMuffin with Egg and a Hashbrown jammed in it. Will order two of these...its a bit too much but one isn't enough. They have me right where they want me.

Probably get this every couple months or so.

Occasionally the cheeseburger and some nuggets when hammered.

Users who are viewing this thread