What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When's the last time you ordered from McDonald's? (1 Viewer)

An hour ago I got my kids some.  2 Diet Cokes, fries for daughter, 2 double cheese burgers with no buns for son.

One time I went through the drive thru and ordered a simple Big Mac meal. I roll up to the window and the person proceeds to hand me 3 bags of stuff, obviously the wrong order. Being the young jerk I was, I did not speak up and instead rejoiced in my sudden fast food fortune. 

I get home, envisioning endless bags of Big Macs, cheeseburgers, quarter pounders, I was so excited. I open the bags…. all 3 had filet o fish meals in them.  Who the #### goes to McDonalds and orders 3 bags of filet o fish, by far the worst menu item? I was so upset. I’m glad that person didn’t get their order. 

I get home, envisioning endless bags of Big Macs, cheeseburgers, quarter pounders, I was so excited. I open the bags…. all 3 had filet o fish meals in them.  Who the #### goes to McDonalds and orders 3 bags of filet o fish, by far the worst menu item? I was so upset. I’m glad that person didn’t get their order. 
Devout Catholics during Lent. They even market the FoF heavily around that time, at least in the Northeast.

You guys are missing out on the $0.99 iced coffees on the App. The $1 bacon egg & cheese biscuit is also a good value.  I’ve also bought the 20 piece nuggets for my daughter and tossed them in garlic Parmesan wing sauce at home. McDonalds has its place with planning. 

Never had a big mac in my life. Never really even tempted. Dont need the extra bread. Dont need "special sauce".

I dont think I've been to McD's in like 5 and a half years. I think the last time I went...I ordered this buttermilk fried chicken sandwich that they'd been advertising non-stop for the 2 weeks prior. Got home from a business trip late, was starving...went for it. It was terrible. Haven't been back since.

Loved it as a kid. The first bite of a double quarter pounder is just one of those food memories that's drilled into my brain.

I'm guessing I'd probably feel like crap after eating there now. Shake shack is my go-to for fast food burgers now (probably a once a month thing). Crazy expensive, but I'm a big fan. Their chicken sandwich is excellent as well.

Never had a big mac in my life. Never really even tempted. Dont need the extra bread. Dont need "special sauce".

I dont think I've been to McD's in like 5 and a half years. I think the last time I went...I ordered this buttermilk fried chicken sandwich that they'd been advertising non-stop for the 2 weeks prior. Got home from a business trip late, was starving...went for it. It was terrible. Haven't been back since.

Loved it as a kid. The first bite of a double quarter pounder is just one of those food memories that's drilled into my brain.

I'm guessing I'd probably feel like crap after eating there now. Shake shack is my go-to for fast food burgers now (probably a once a month thing). Crazy expensive, but I'm a big fan. Their chicken sandwich is excellent as well.
A couple times a year I will go for a QB w/cheese and fries. I don't know if it is good or not but the nostalgia hit is sill worth it. 

I ordered a Double QP deluxe the other night but they left the deluxe part off (lettuce, tomato, mayo).  They did at least get the no ketchup part right

Also waited like 30 minutes for my food, but Sunday night at 8:30 after baseball not a ton of options

I love the Big Mac, the Mac Sauce, but haven't ordered one in years.  As I have gotten older I have been a little more health conscious of my selections, so I go for the QP w/.  No need for that extra piece of bread, and the Mac sauce has started giving me heartburn.

Kid wanted McD’s for dinner, and ordered last night. I got a 2 cheeseburger meal for myself, but only ended up eating 1 cheeseburger and about half my fries. I suppose I’ll reheat what was left for lunch so it does not go to waste, but not really a fan of leftover McD’s.

I should probably just get myself the kid’s happy meal, as that would provide enough food for me.

I stopped by McD’s yesterday afternoon because I had no time for anything else.

Haven’t been at McD’s for a dinner menu in months and got the chicken nuggets. What the heck happened to their nuggets? They were never great but these tasted like some generic brand you would buy at a discount grocery store. Absolutely awful! 

Been while…last time was probably picking up a soft drink an egg mcmuffin and cinnamon rolls for the kids.

Really not sure the last time i had their non-breakfast food.

Oldest turns 24 this fall, so probably a few years before that? Youngest is 13. I’ve personally never taken either of them to McDonald’s (or brought home from.) Just not a fast food guy. Or any chain. Except Chick-fil-A.

Few things about me that are like that. I haven’t owned a pair of blue jeans since junior high. I do own some black jeans, leftover from the skinny jeans fad. I’m a small person (5’8” skinny) so I look good in tight fitting clothes. But tee shirts & jeans were never a thing for me.

I have a super common first name. Since maybe 10 or 11 I’ve spelt the shortened version in a nonconformist way.

My weirdness aside, I do like McDonald’s. Big Mac & fries are both good. But I just try to avoid unhealthy foods. Don’t always succeed, end up in diners often. Despite my best efforts the kids love Chipotle.

NYC has 19K restaurants. I was a non-chain guy long before I came here, & it suits me. I abhor routine or repeating things.

BobbyLayne said:
Oldest turns 24 this fall, so probably a few years before that? Youngest is 13. I’ve personally never taken either of them to McDonald’s (or brought home from.) Just not a fast food guy. Or any chain. Except Chick-fil-A.

Few things about me that are like that. I haven’t owned a pair of blue jeans since junior high. I do own some black jeans, leftover from the skinny jeans fad. I’m a small person (5’8” skinny) so I look good in tight fitting clothes. But tee shirts & jeans were never a thing for me.

I have a super common first name. Since maybe 10 or 11 I’ve spelt the shortened version in a nonconformist way.

My weirdness aside, I do like McDonald’s. Big Mac & fries are both good. But I just try to avoid unhealthy foods. Don’t always succeed, end up in diners often. Despite my best efforts the kids love Chipotle.

NYC has 19K restaurants. I was a non-chain guy long before I came here, & it suits me. I abhor routine or repeating things.

Bobb?

I get 2 for 1 Quarter pounders or double cheeseburgers about once a week via the app.  Also a fan of the crispy chicken Mcgriddles.

I love a good 2fer burger so I DL'd the app after reading this post.  Got the complimentary 10 piece mcnuggets last night.  Poop not so solid this morning. Prob uninstall.  

This morning.  Egg McMuffin meal with a extra hash brown (put it on the McMuffin) and a large OJ.  Delicious!

Like most here, if I go there its usually with a kid for breakfast but that's pretty rare, every other month maybe. 

However, the house we are moving to next week has a McD just a 5 minute walk away. I'm a little apprehensive about it actually. I had a health scare a couple of years ago and was told that I really should cut out processed, high fat, red meat from my diet. I have the best intentions but find it hard to avoid - pepperoni on pizza, chorizo in something else, bacon in a sandwich, a burger at a BBQ etc.

Will have to remain vigilant and not let any bad habits form due to proximity and convenience.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread