What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PETA's Super Bowl Ad - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
PETA's Super Bowl Ad

Is an animated spot showing animals kneeling for the National Anthem.

This writer said it was disrespectful to Colin Kaepernick and the cause he's trying to bring awareness to. 

From The Root:  PETA’s #PetLivesMatter Super Bowl Ad Is So White, Even the NFL Is Like: ‘Come On, Son!’

I’d like to state, for the record, I fully support both birds and bees. Before reading any further, I suggest that you pull out your list of the whitest things you ever saw and make room at the top. Trust me, you’re going to need it.
What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
The only other Michael Harriot article I’ve read was the “Pete Buttigieg is a lying Mother####er” article. I’m not surprised at all that he has this opinion.

I think his opinion is over the top.

The ad isn’t particularly effective in my opinion either. 

Personally I think the Root guy is a bit off base.

My take on PETA is they love all the publicity they get to highlight their issues. 

They just called for the removal of a street name in nearby Caldwell, ID.  Chicken Dinner Rd.    Comedy ensued. Not happening.

PETA's Super Bowl Ad

Is an animated spot showing animals kneeling for the National Anthem.

This writer said it was disrespectful to Colin Kaepernick and the cause he's trying to bring awareness to. 

From The Root:  PETA’s #PetLivesMatter Super Bowl Ad Is So White, Even the NFL Is Like: ‘Come On, Son!’

What do you think?
I gotta tell you, Joe, I’m kind of a mess in my beliefs:  I’ve been a vegetarian for 30 years, but I side with Mike Vick and against PETA. 
there is something about PETA that has always just kind of burned my britches. But they really lost me a few years back when they sued the photographer over the cool monkey-selfie picture. Just a shameless group of people. 

regarding this issue: I don’t think they are “disrespecting” Kaep necessarily. But they do seems to be capitalizing on his movement to try and push their movement. If they wanted to support BLM they could have done it without tying their agenda. 

But it does appear to be the whitest thing ever. But so is the super bowl. So . . . I’m not sure we can criticize there. 

"perhaps the whitest of them all:

The Super Bowl itself."

This guy is trying way too hard.  I think he's a dope.
Huh. I skimmed the article and missed that quote. The super bowl is pretty damn white. It’s a corporate orgy just like the oscars or the Grammys. The halftime shows are an embarrassment. The hype is out of hand. 

Huh. I skimmed the article and missed that quote. The super bowl is pretty damn white. It’s a corporate orgy just like the oscars or the Grammys. The halftime shows are an embarrassment. The hype is out of hand. 
I really kind of hate the super bowl.  I hate the two weeks off, I hate the non-standard start time, I hate the extended halftime, and I hate the commercials.  

With that off my chest, allow me to share my thoughts about the NFL Player Selection Meeting . . . 

I really kind of hate the super bowl.  I hate the two weeks off, I hate the non-standard start time, I hate the extended halftime, and I hate the commercials.  

With that off my chest, allow me to share my thoughts about the NFL Player Selection Meeting . . . 
Thanks GB.

Wasn't sure if you're serious. 

I love the Super Bowl. Of course I don't like the 18 hour pregame. But I control that. I tune in at kickoff.

I don't mind at all the extra week off. It seems like a perfect "take a breath". The NCAA style with Bowl games is awful. 

The treat the halftime of the SB about like any other half time - meaning I don't pay much attention.

And I love creative commercials.

And it's the finale to the year. 

I love it. 

It's good to not agree on everything.  I hate to admit that I love the commercials.  So much so that I'm kind of bummed that we are getting early previews.

It's good to not agree on everything.  I hate to admit that I love the commercials.  So much so that I'm kind of bummed that we are getting early previews.
I like the commercials as well.  My wife is not a big football fan, but can stay engaged enough during the event because she enjoys the commercials.  Without those she she'd probably be uninterested in the whole thing. 

Sadly I'll be watching the game on Armed Forces Network tonight.  They show their own commercials which are poorly done and sometimes depressing.  You don't know what you got til it's gone...

Ongoing desperation to become involved in debate, to engage or reengage folks that they have lost due to past extremism by offering new extremism.  Its a theory.  Not one I adhere to, but a theory they have seemingly married themselves to many years ago.

I wouldn't say I hate it, but it's annoying that they take the final payoff for the season and engineer it toward the people who barely watched a game all season

I wouldn't say I hate it, but it's annoying that they take the final payoff for the season and engineer it toward the people who barely watched a game all season
How so, though? This is fascinating to me. 

it does have the longer halftime. But outside of that, for a person like me who just loves the NFL game, it's exactly the same as every other game I watch on TV. Is that not how you see it?

It's sort of one of those "inclusion" things from a political angle. Does it really affect me if a ton more people than normal tune in? In my case, the only difference is a slightly longer half time. That doesn't affect me in any real way. 

What specifically is annoying to you and why?

How so, though? This is fascinating to me. 

it does have the longer halftime. But outside of that, for a person like me who just loves the NFL game, it's exactly the same as every other game I watch on TV. Is that not how you see it?

It's sort of one of those "inclusion" things from a political angle. Does it really affect me if a ton more people than normal tune in? In my case, the only difference is a slightly longer half time. That doesn't affect me in any real way. 

What specifically is annoying to you and why?
I'm not annoyed to the point where I don't like it or wont watch, but I just enjoy "regular" games more.  Hard to put my finger on it exactly. Like you said the halftime show is a big part of it, making a big deal out of the commercials, jamming in celebrities, ex-players pitching every product under the sun during "radio row" week, changing the time, drawing everything out.  

Of course my personality plays into this as well... I'm not big into pomp and circumstance, I'm not a big fan of arguing which QB is the best ever / top 100 lists, or hot take sports analysis... I just like the game itself

For me it is the Henny Penny thing.  We loyal fans gather the wheat, mill it, make the dough, bake the bread, and then others want to dine on it, others that were no where to be found during the process, and some of whom, many of whom, put obstacles in the path of that process.  And then, against any sense they do get to dine even as some disparage the dish and the service. 

:( Here I thought you Bills fans had a soft spot for the Bengals from the playoffs 2 years ago.  Et tu Buffalo?
Yeah, I probably should have gone with Washington there.  I'm pretty confident that Andy Dalton and Tyler Boyd still wouldn't be able to buy a beer in Buffalo.

1. The Root guy is an idiot. 

2. PETA are a bunch of idiots (I’ve felt this way for about 20 years now, ever since I saw a PETA ad describing a chicken farm as “the new Auschwitz”.) 

3. If I spend any more time on this I will feel like an idiot. 

1. The Root guy is an idiot. 

2. PETA are a bunch of idiots (I’ve felt this way for about 20 years now, ever since I saw a PETA ad describing a chicken farm as “the new Auschwitz”.) 

3. If I spend any more time on this I will feel like an idiot. 
Several Jews and even Holocaust survivors have made those connections, include Isaac Bashevis Singer. The argument for animal rights should stand on its own.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_rights_and_the_Holocaust

I generally agree with PETA, but they are too extreme.

I believe in 50-100 years we wont eat meat anymore for mostly the reasons they advocate.

That commercial is terribad

The article is worse.

Back to the game. 

I seriously love it as it's so easy to make it just the game. Just don't start watching at noon for a 6:30 game. It's not difficult.

PETA are hypocrites, meat is delicious. Granted, animals should be treated fairly and humanely(for example, I eat whatever I get when hunting or fishing, provided it's in season and not deadly poisonous. I don't like trophy hunting, especially with rare animals)

rockaction said:
PETA gets eaten by woke left. I guess we know the pecking order. 
People have hated PETA since the beginning of time, especially the woke left cuz they get called out on their fake progressiveness, environmentalism and morality lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread