What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (2 Viewers)

PGA Champ pool targets, avoids?

I'm avoiding DJ and Day.
why DJ? He had the 2 bad weeks then 4 rounds in the 60's this week.  Eats up Pebble so doesn't mind the West Coast. Can dig out of rough.  I'm actually putting him in and taking JT out (way way down in proximity to the pin out of the rough).  So far I'm leaning Koepka, DJ, Schauffle, Hatton.  We pick 4 in our pool.  Next on my list is Morikawa.

why DJ? He had the 2 bad weeks then 4 rounds in the 60's this week.  Eats up Pebble so doesn't mind the West Coast. Can dig out of rough.  I'm actually putting him in and taking JT out (way way down in proximity to the pin out of the rough).  So far I'm leaning Koepka, DJ, Schauffle, Hatton.  We pick 4 in our pool.  Next on my list is Morikawa.
Does the back hold up in cold weather?

Fading Tiger in every matchup.  Bad back, cold weather.  Think we see wincing Tiger all 2 days.

You should do the opposite and get rich.

Meeting 3 other guys on the back patio of a house at 11 today...he has 4 outdoor areas with TVs connected to ESPN apps already, and a white board to track our live bets.  Grilling burgers and ribs. 

Last minute favorites?

Meeting 3 other guys on the back patio of a house at 11 today...he has 4 outdoor areas with TVs connected to ESPN apps already, and a white board to track our live bets.  Grilling burgers and ribs. 

Last minute favorites?
Chez Reavie has all the Rich Beam, Shaun Micheel  makings of a PGA Champion.+10000 to win :shrug:

Last minute favorites?
Aw shoot, I thought the broadcast was on ESPN 4-10pm Thu and Fri. Is the early coverage on the ESPN app?

Huh....think I deleted that like 8 years ago.

ETA: about 6-8 years ago I was at a networking event and met this young Asian guy that worked for ESPN. He said he worked on the website and I told him how I hated how out of nowhere/without warning audio would start blasting and I'd have to root around every open tab trying to figure out where it was coming from. "Oh btw, what exactly do you do for ESPN?" Turns out he was the guy who developed the little in-page video box thingy (he told me the technical name for it but I've forgotten.) I wanted to crawl under the hors d'oeuvres table but just politely excused myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stiffing his 3rd hole is definitely vintage Tiger
he played this course a fair amount in college (Stanford is not far away) and pretty sure he won a WGC there

we know Tiger's history on courses he feels comfortable at 

rooting for the improbable (again....I'm a Lions fan so...)

he played this course a fair amount in college (Stanford is not far away) and pretty sure he won a WGC there

we know Tiger's history on courses he feels comfortable at 

rooting for the improbable (again....I'm a Lions fan so...)
Sorry I was making a sex joke :kicksrock:

Tiger got the good Thurs/Fri draw it appears...just get thru tomorrow ok with plenty of rest to set up a Sat charge.

BDC is going to win a PGA and Open...

Assuming the weather is the same for all groups 

Would you prefer the early/late draw or late/early 

I think I'd prefer late/early

He's not the hero we want, but the hero 2020 deserves

@JoelMBeall: This time last year Brendon Todd was 795th in the world. He's won two tournaments and led two others after 54 holes since, and now co-leads the PGA Championship.

Assuming the weather is the same for all groups 

Would you prefer the early/late draw or late/early 

I think I'd prefer late/early
Good question...I agree with you but I bet Pros answers vary. I think Tiger needs early/late for rest.

So BDC popped a new head on his driver himself and just kept going?   They don't need to glue that #### in or something

Brentley Romine

@BrentleyGC

· 36m

After 18 holes with Bryson, Adam Scott had this take: "Not to like put him down any, but I thought it was going to be longer. There's been so much buildup ... I thought I was going to see like almost one of those long-drive guys." #PGAChamp

Isn't @icon involved in golf clubs.  Wtf happened. What did he break and what did he use to finish the round?  I'm shuked.  

Brentley Romine

@BrentleyGC

· 36m

After 18 holes with Bryson, Adam Scott had this take: "Not to like put him down any, but I thought it was going to be longer. There's been so much buildup ... I thought I was going to see like almost one of those long-drive guys." #PGAChamp
Yeah, only hit it 327 & 357 the first two drives with the backup driver. No 400+ ? #mckaylaisnotimpressed

He got a new shaft and put the head on
:oldunsure:

not super important but nope; he replaced the club. he carries two backup drivers and three backup shafts to each event. one of his team members went to his car & got his backup, one that he had hit often enough in practice he was comfortable with it. had never used it in competition before, though.

one time I snapped a 4-iron, which at the time was my favorite club (I had managed to hit a bunch of shots stiff with my 4I over a couple year period and always felt confident when I pulled it.) had my club pro replace the shaft with one that was supposedly the same weight, flex, et al. man, IDK but I never felt comfortable with that replacement shaft no matter how many times I hit it in practice. even took it back to have it tested, I was sure it was different. 'twas all in my head, but so are a lot of things in golf. I was pretty impressed he didn't miss a beat yesterday.

:oldunsure:

not super important but nope; he replaced the club. he carries two backup drivers and three backup shafts to each event. one of his team members went to his car & got his backup, one that he had hit often enough in practice he was comfortable with it. had never used it in competition before, though.

one time I snapped a 4-iron, which at the time was my favorite club (I had managed to hit a bunch of shots stiff with my 4I over a couple year period and always felt confident when I pulled it.) had my club pro replace the shaft with one that was supposedly the same weight, flex, et al. man, IDK but I never felt comfortable with that replacement shaft no matter how many times I hit it in practice. even took it back to have it tested, I was sure it was different. 'twas all in my head, but so are a lot of things in golf. I was pretty impressed he didn't miss a beat yesterday.
According to Bryson and ESPN he got a new shaft   :shrug:

DeChambeau sent a member of his team to grab a replacement shaft from his car while he continued to play the seventh hole and had it replaced before he reached the par-3 8th hole.

“The head is fine, it’s just the shaft. That was weird, swinging too hard. I guess it’s all those swings I put in. Glad I can replace it, that’s awesome. That’s a nice break,” DeChambeau said on course.

“I think it is so funny. It was bound to break. I’ve been using it for a long time. Got a lot of good use out of it.”

In fact afterwards DeChambeau said the shaft had lasted over a year and had been put through its paces a significant amount.

“This material isn't going to last forever, no matter how strong you make it, but that thing has lasted over a year swinging it over 200-mile-an-hour ball speeds. I'd say it's done pretty dang well and to be able to put another shaft right back in and have that thing perform amazing, it just shows how amazing that company is,” DeChambeau said of the Cobra SpeedZone driver.

On his first swing on the long par-4 ninth with the new shaft DeChambeau pounded his tee shot 327-yards into the fairway and would walk off the hole with a birdie to turn at three under, just two shots off the lead.

“The nice part about it is that I've used that shaft on the practice range this week, testing, just making sure I have backup shafts. I pretty much do that every week for the most part because I know I'm swinging it this fast, something is going to happen sometime,” DeChambeau added.

According to Bryson he got a new shaft :shrug:

DeChambeau sent a member of his team to grab a replacement shaft from his car while he continued to play the seventh hole and had it replaced before he reached the par-3 8th hole.

“The head is fine, it’s just the shaft. That was weird, swinging too hard. I guess it’s all those swings I put in. Glad I can replace it, that’s awesome. That’s a nice break,” DeChambeau said on course.

“I think it is so funny. It was bound to break. I’ve been using it for a long time. Got a lot of good use out of it.”

In fact afterwards DeChambeau said the shaft had lasted over a year and had been put through its paces a significant amount.

“This material isn't going to last forever, no matter how strong you make it, but that thing has lasted over a year swinging it over 200-mile-an-hour ball speeds. I'd say it's done pretty dang well and to be able to put another shaft right back in and have that thing perform amazing, it just shows how amazing that company is,” DeChambeau said of the Cobra SpeedZone driver.

On his first swing on the long par-4 ninth with the new shaft DeChambeau pounded his tee shot 327-yards into the fairway and would walk off the hole with a birdie to turn at three under, just two shots off the lead.

“The nice part about it is that I've used that shaft on the practice range this week, testing, just making sure I have backup shafts. I pretty much do that every week for the most part because I know I'm swinging it this fast, something is going to happen sometime,” DeChambeau added.
you right bro, I stand corrected - I misread a couple accounts.

found one that described it as "The Golfing Scientist was given a replacement shaft within 10-15 minutes and he screwed his driver head back on and was good to go."

The extended rest for Tiger will be out-weighed by a likely windy afternoon and firming greens...

The extended rest for Tiger will be out-weighed by a likely windy afternoon and firming greens...
I don’t think it’s gonna get as windy today as it was yesterday. The last 3 afternoons have been windy but today seems a lot more mellow. :shrug:  

Anyone know what Cameron Tringale did to get DQed?  Can't find anything on google or twitter.

Users who are viewing this thread