Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Mammy

2020 PGA Tour -

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, gump said:

Please give me a Rory, DJ, JT, Koepka, BDC duel to some degree in a major.

That was the last wgc mexico...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bryson can certainly win these smaller events on easier courses that turn into birdie fests.

Lets see how he does in an event that actually matters.

Edited by TLEF316
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

"An 8 iron from 230 yards".

Damn.

From the rough no less..Imagine being able to dig an 8 iron 231 yards pin high.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

From the rough no less..Imagine being able to dig an 8 iron 231 yards pin high.

I don’t have a 231 yd from the rough shot in my bag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I don’t have a 231 yd from the rough shot in my bag

I make that shot on Golden Tee pretty much every time.

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TLEF316 said:

Bryson can certainly win these smaller events on easier courses that turn into birdie fests.

Lets see how he does in an event that actually matters.

I'd actually argue that his game is not suited for a low class birdie fest. He is like 120-140th in most of the pin proximity stat categories, yet usually around 30th in scoring in the same categories.  He just gets way too much spin on his wedges and his avg par 4 approach shot is like 110 yards or something crazy on the season.  That pin proximity distance adds up dramatically over the course of the tourny.  His game is definitely suited to be in contention anywhere he plays but he may have difficulty closing out wins with that wedge game.  I doubt we see him under 15-1 anywhere and he might drop to around 12-1 for the Masters, where he is my pick to win.

 

Bryson led the field in both driving and putting this weekend.  His 350.6 driving average was the highest ever recorded by a tour winner, beating 2005 tiger's open number by over 9 yards.

 

Rory vs Bryson this year will be epic.  Rory's pre-shut down finish rate was even more impressive than Bryson's current one.  Man vs physics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

I'd actually argue that his game is not suited for a low class birdie fest. He is like 120-140th in most of the pin proximity stat categories, yet usually around 30th in scoring in the same categories.  He just gets way too much spin on his wedges and his avg par 4 approach shot is like 110 yards or something crazy on the season.  That pin proximity distance adds up dramatically over the course of the tourny.  His game is definitely suited to be in contention anywhere he plays but he may have difficulty closing out wins with that wedge game.  I doubt we see him under 15-1 anywhere and he might drop to around 12-1 for the Masters, where he is my pick to win.

 

Bryson led the field in both driving and putting this weekend.  His 350.6 driving average was the highest ever recorded by a tour winner, beating 2005 tiger's open number by over 9 yards.

 

Rory vs Bryson this year will be epic.  Rory's pre-shut down finish rate was even more impressive than Bryson's current one.  Man vs physics.

For me, its more about the fact that the courses aren't set up to punish inaccurate drives (with really tough rough, as a example). It just allows him to bomb away without risk. So if he can do that and have a hot week with the putter (which he did this week), he'll be in it. (even if he's not getting super close with his approach shots)

We'll see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hooter311 said:

His 350.6 driving average was the highest ever recorded by a tour winner, beating 2005 tiger's open number by over 9 yards.

Wow...nice stat!  Perfect for Augusta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dude put on 20 lbs of muscle in 3 months with "training" hmmm.

We got a flax seed oil situation here?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hooter311 said:

I'd actually argue that his game is not suited for a low class birdie fest. He is like 120-140th in most of the pin proximity stat categories, yet usually around 30th in scoring in the same categories.  He just gets way too much spin on his wedges and his avg par 4 approach shot is like 110 yards or something crazy on the season.  That pin proximity distance adds up dramatically over the course of the tourny.  His game is definitely suited to be in contention anywhere he plays but he may have difficulty closing out wins with that wedge game.  I doubt we see him under 15-1 anywhere and he might drop to around 12-1 for the Masters, where he is my pick to win.

 

Bryson led the field in both driving and putting this weekend.  His 350.6 driving average was the highest ever recorded by a tour winner, beating 2005 tiger's open number by over 9 yards.

 

Rory vs Bryson this year will be epic.  Rory's pre-shut down finish rate was even more impressive than Bryson's current one.  Man vs physics.

11-1 for PGA as of last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 9:50 AM, General Malaise said:

Also keying in on Bryson this week for Fantasy Golf.  He's just in a zone right now, IMO.  46 under par combined since the restart.  I would be shocked if he missed the cut this week.

Added Hovland, Gordon, Kizzire, Na and Varner to the mix.  

:thumbup:

Finished 680th.  :lmao:

Kevin Na is made out of Kleenex and butterfly wings.  Never betting on him again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2020 at 9:01 AM, General Malaise said:

He withdrew again?  Is this guy made of eggshells and Kleenex?

lol....I don't remember posting this.  Was a weekend.....  :bag:

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, facook said:

11-1 for PGA as of last night.

I think he opened around 60-1 for the the majors last fall.  I got in for the masters at 31-1...wish I would have bet more.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The General said:

This dude put on 20 lbs of muscle in 3 months with "training" hmmm.

We got a flax seed oil situation here?

To be fair, a lot of it just seems like fat. The link below has pics from December. Not saying he isn't but he's not exactly bulging. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2019/12/10/bryson-dechambeau-turned-into-incredible-bulk-ahead-of-presidents-cup/40792349/

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The General said:

This dude put on 20 lbs of muscle in 3 months with "training" hmmm.

We got a flax seed oil situation here?

I would guess it's closer to 30.  He is eating like a nfl o lineman just trying to keep it on.  Very surprised he was able to maintain focus and stamina under 90 degree + sun.

Appears he is using just a simple mass * acceleration = velocity equation 

 

Didn't the tour suspend a guy like 2 months last year for weed?  I couldn't imagine both the backlash and excitement of Bryson in all black on the Korean tour or whatever goofy solution he would come up with if he got popped.

The olympics being around the corner I would think would limit the good epo or hgh cocktails he could be on.  Probably is the most likely on your to be pulling a dexter though if his peers were to vote.

 

 

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

To be fair, a lot of it just seems like fat. The link below has pics from December. Not saying he isn't but he's not exactly bulging. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2019/12/10/bryson-dechambeau-turned-into-incredible-bulk-ahead-of-presidents-cup/40792349/

Exactly, it's mass and not muscle at this point and I'm sure he he using some 5 hour body technique being who he is to get there.

 

The distance was there well before the break, but he as definitely just hitting the weights and the simulator for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justin Ray@JustinRayGolf

Most PGA Tour wins last 4 seasons: Justin Thomas - 11 Dustin Johnson - 9 Bryson DeChambeau - 6 Brooks Koepka - 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t count DeChambeau out for anything. His bad wedge is 20 feet. A good one is the one he stuck on 18.  Rough is a non issue. He’s straight for the most part. And he’ll fly every fairway bunker. If he putts decently he should be top 10 every week. I don’t like the dude but am a believer in his game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hooter311 said:

Exactly, it's mass and not muscle at this point and I'm sure he he using some 5 hour body technique being who he is to get there.

 

The distance was there well before the break, but he as definitely just hitting the weights and the simulator for it.

It's muscle.  The guy is ripped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he really had never worked out much and went on a dirty bulk 20# in 3 months is possible.  

Most likely he did just enough TRT to stay below the autologous zone.  It really doesn't take much and they don't really factor age so someone in their 30s can straight blow up 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty good young gun duel shaping up w Morikawa, Hovland, and JT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not ready to commit to fantasy football. Desperate for something and have been doing DraftKings DFS for the past month. This is my 1st week with a lineup that has 6/6 making the cut.

Haven't seen any PGA posts in the DFS forum. Anyone here doing this? Anyone having any luck?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, brun said:

Not ready to commit to fantasy football. Desperate for something and have been doing DraftKings DFS for the past month. This is my 1st week with a lineup that has 6/6 making the cut.

Haven't seen any PGA posts in the DFS forum. Anyone here doing this? Anyone having any luck?

Doing pretty good this week. Need Streelman or Hovland to win for a shot at some nice money. Such a funky week with guys playing back to back on the same course. Have to think some guys used this week as a tune up, almost like practice rounds on Thursday/Friday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nipsey said:

Doing pretty good this week. Need Streelman or Hovland to win for a shot at some nice money. Such a funky week with guys playing back to back on the same course. Have to think some guys used this week as a tune up, almost like practice rounds on Thursday/Friday.

Good luck.

Like I said 1 lineup looking good. A couple with Dahman, but a lot of people had him so I don't feel too dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gump said:

Pretty good young gun duel shaping up w Morikawa, Hovland, and JT.

Which may also end with JT running away with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

So these guys play the same course next week?  

(I have played there btw ... :humblebrag:)

Yes. The tees will be a little different, the rough will be a 1/2 inch longer and the greens will be faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nipsey said:
14 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

So these guys play the same course next week?  

(I have played there btw ... :humblebrag:)

Yes. The tees will be a little different, the rough will be a 1/2 inch longer and the greens will be faster.

crazy ...was too lazy, should have looked it up ...

It’s been 44 years since the PGA Tour crafted its version of the Ernie Banks catchphrase, “Let’s play two,” by setting up shop in Akron, Ohio, for two straight weeks in late August – early September at Firestone Country Club. Amidst its forest of elm trees, the Tour held The American Golf Classic on the North Course and crossed the street for the World Series of Golf on the South.

ETA:  shouldn't really count ...These are two very different golf courses

Edited by Binky The Doormat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

So these guys play the same course next week?  

(I have played there btw ... :humblebrag:)

I get they wanted to make it easy with course setup, media, housing etc.  But Columbus has plenty of courses better than Muirfield Village.  It's not like they are worried about crowds or crowds tearing up courses.  Some courses won't host tour event all because of the damage it does to the course.

With no gallery this was a perfect time to find a venue nearby so the TV viewers could see another course.  For instance, Scioto the Golf Club, or the Scarlet Course at OSU.  Scarlet is a tough course.  Scioto and the Golf Club have great history.  They may shoot 59s at the Golf Club.  But it's a cool place.  It and Scioto are both top 75 courses in the US.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Nipsey said:

They moved tee times up tomorrow for bad weather. Threesomes off 1 and 10.

That was smart. Dumb thing is that to watch it live you either need to have PGA Tour Live or watch it on CBSSports.com. I'm assuming CBSSports app has it as well.

They have CBSSports cable channel but, nope,  Bull Riding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

That was smart. Dumb thing is that to watch it live you either need to have PGA Tour Live or watch it on CBSSports.com. I'm assuming CBSSports app has it as well.

They have CBSSports cable channel but, nope,  Bull Riding.

If you have a Fire Stick, Roku, or probably a Smart TV or something along those lines, you can stream it via that. Or obviously just hook your laptop / ipad up to the TV. Not ideal but at least beats paying for PGA Tour Live. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaxBill said:

That was smart. Dumb thing is that to watch it live you either need to have PGA Tour Live or watch it on CBSSports.com. I'm assuming CBSSports app has it as well.

They have CBSSports cable channel but, nope,  Bull Riding.

Dumb 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh JT...pulling away from the kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like JT but moneywise a 1 put by Morikawa would really be good for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JT didn’t choke IMO, missed some tee shots but hit some good putts that just didn’t go in. Pressure golf is great to watch...and Tiger made us forget how hard it is and how often the best players fail.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   1 member