What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wow flights are cheap (1 Viewer)

ghostguy123

Footballguy
100 bucks round trip from cleveland to phoenix.  58 for orlando.

They wont even be breaking even on these.

Any of you actually gonna take advantage?

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the odds of me going to Phoenix to see my dad for a couple days next week and not being allowed to fly back to cleveland?

ghostguy123 said:

Are these deals all short term? Or they go out months? Would love to take advantage of that for the fall.

Not anytime in near future, but really crazy cheap. 

Under $40 RT from PHX to ORD this month. Booked for $100 RT in August which is a little cheaper than usual.

Are these deals all short term? Or they go out months? Would love to take advantage of that for the fall.
No idea.  I only searched short term because I have 12 days off work starting wednesday.

My original trip to florida has been cancelled

ghostguy123 said:

Damn straight.

I just started a small business or else I'd probably partake in that. Gotta keep grinding though n don't have time

Crowded airport and flight probably the last thing I'm interested in. Though technically the flight may not be that crowded. Last month I bought tickets to LA to attend a wedding. Got the last two seats together for the wife and I. Looked yesterday and the plane is now less than half full. So apparently people are cancelling or changing to later dates.

Crowded airport and flight probably the last thing I'm interested in. Though technically the flight may not be that crowded. Last month I bought tickets to LA to attend a wedding. Got the last two seats together for the wife and I. Looked yesterday and the plane is now less than half full. So apparently people are cancelling or changing to later dates.
Flew this week.  Love was like 20% normal.  Maybe less.

In fairness, flying is never that romantic.  And now, with the virus risk ...
Depends what you consider that risk to be.

Looking right now at planned vacations this year I already rebooked two for my family of 4 and saved thousands.

Looking at Hawaii that I was planning for 2021.. maybe worth doing 2020 now.

Depends what you consider that risk to be.

Looking right now at planned vacations this year I already rebooked two for my family of 4 and saved thousands.

Looking at Hawaii that I was planning for 2021.. maybe worth doing 2020 now.
Oh...now I see what you said ("love that it was like 20% normal").

I've got a conference in Atlanta in August ...I'm gonna go check prices.   :thumbup:

Bought tickets to LA a little over a week ago for my wife's birthday at the end of this month. Also booked a baller room at a swanky hotel using Thank You points. Unless things get much worse, we're going.

ghostguy123 said:
What are the odds of me going to Phoenix to see my dad for a couple days next week and not being allowed to fly back to cleveland?
Im booked to phx (dad lives north tucson) 4/17-4/20.  $198 round trip. :pickle:

I’m finding a good nonstop RT flight from Philly to Vegas in early August for under $200.  This same flight is never under $380.  Damn tempting 

Interesting.  Booked a flight a couple weeks ago with points on Southwest, but have to drive 3 hours to my destination.  I see now I could fly to my destination city on another airline for $275 round-trip.  Just a little more than half the value of the points I used and no long drive.  Trip is in mid-April.

Interesting.  Booked a flight a couple weeks ago with points on Southwest, but have to drive 3 hours to my destination.  I see now I could fly to my destination city on another airline for $275 round-trip.  Just a little more than half the value of the points I used and no long drive.  Trip is in mid-April.
If you can cancel the other flight for any sort of refund sweet.  

Tempting to spend the 275 to not have to drive 6 total hours

If you can cancel the other flight for any sort of refund sweet.  

Tempting to spend the 275 to not have to drive 6 total hours
No problem cancelling.  Would get a full refund of my points.  Sounds like a no brainer, but have to check the cancellation policy on the new flight in case things are a lot worse at that time.

In the midst of all of this, I just don't really understand trying to save a few bucks to get a good airfare and travel, putting others at risk.  I get that some of you think this is overblown and it's no big deal, but it really is a selfish perspective to do so and then travel around continuing about as if nothing is going on.  It's one thing if you're visiting family or if you're going somewhere and then staying away from others.  But that doesn't seem to be the sense.

There's a reason multi-billion dollar sports leagues, concerts, etc. are all shutting down.  It's a sacrifice we are all temporarily making to help save lives.  You may not feel the number of lives/deaths/etc. is significant, but, as a community, it's one of those things to just do your part. 

Vegas?  Hawaii?  :kicksrock:

In the midst of all of this, I just don't really understand trying to save a few bucks to get a good airfare and travel, putting others at risk.  I get that some of you think this is overblown and it's no big deal, but it really is a selfish perspective to do so and then travel around continuing about as if nothing is going on.  It's one thing if you're visiting family or if you're going somewhere and then staying away from others.  But that doesn't seem to be the sense.

There's a reason multi-billion dollar sports leagues, concerts, etc. are all shutting down.  It's a sacrifice we are all temporarily making to help save lives.  You may not feel the number of lives/deaths/etc. is significant, but, as a community, it's one of those things to just do your part. 

Just trying to help the economy.  If we hit a huge depression more people will die as a result of non virus reasons.  

🤑

Here we go with this. You better behave as I think you should or you're a bad person who's spreading death. No thanks. I can think for myself. 

You are able to plan things months ahead and cancel if needed. 

I agree with you, to some degree. We booked our trip to LA before the gravity of the situation really became clear. And the trip to Mexico has been on the books for a couple months. Mexico might not even let us in anyway.

Not sure what we are going to do about either trip.

There’s definitely need for caution but cancelling things months out is way overboard. 

I agree with you, to some degree. We booked our trip to LA before the gravity of the situation really became clear. And the trip to Mexico has been on the books for a couple months. Mexico might not even let us in anyway.

Not sure what we are going to do about either trip.
To be clear, I'm not talking about flights months from now or travel that was booked before knowing the extent of what's going on now. Even one week ago, our perspective was very different.

I'm talking about booking trips now and taking a trip in the near future like some are discussing.

FWIW, I currently have a flight to Washington for late July. I haven't cancelled it and I hope by then things are better. 

ghostguy123 said:
Sounds like a win-win

I wouldn’t be buying tickets near term either. Have a trip planned for Memorial Day and hope we can do it. Not going to cancel it at this point. 

I wouldn’t be buying tickets near term either. Have a trip planned for Memorial Day and hope we can do it. Not going to cancel it at this point. 
As long as you get a full refund it would make sense to cancel any flight you had scheduled before prices took a dump.  Then just wait till right before you would go and buy more.

Not gonna be a rush to buy plane tickets for a while so you should be alright

Cancelled our Spring Break trip to the Oregon Coast for next week.  Cost us $100 unrefundable fee, but mostly concerned Trump or governor could issue travel restriction while we were there that might be a real pain to work out.

Shaved 28% off an already-booked airfare for May on SWA this week. I think even if domestic travel is restricted,  it will likely be lifted by then.

Users who are viewing this thread