What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What do you do differently after Corona? (1 Viewer)

thegroveisdark

Footballguy
Job/career change? Are you secure enough or will you have a side hustle/start a business?

Prepare for future pandemics? Move to another city? Plant a garden? Buy more ammo?

Become a prepper?

Invest differently/diversify?

Have you already started doing things differently?

Interested in your thoughts.

If there is a downturn in the housing market we will be taking advantage. 
My sister and niece didn't get past 24 hours with their house on the market before they got full asking price. The low rates have it a seller's market right now

My sister and niece didn't get past 24 hours with their house on the market before they got full asking price. The low rates have it a seller's market right now
Downturn isn't happening yet. That's why I said if. We are ready should it happen. Brings me to probably the biggest lesson from this whole thing - preparation. 

Job/career change? Are you secure enough or will you have a side hustle/start a business?

Prepare for future pandemics? Move to another city? Plant a garden? Buy more ammo?

Become a prepper?

Invest differently/diversify?

Have you already started doing things differently?

Interested in your thoughts.
Beat it into my kids (figuratively), register to vote.

Pretty much what I've done since chemo: I'm a prepper living in earthquake country. I  socially distance but not 6 ft. I hand sanitise when I'm out. The only thing I can think of after being grossed out by some idiots is I'll wash produce better than I usually do and wash hands after handling packaged stuff which I've never done before.

MAC_32 said:
Downturn isn't happening yet. That's why I said if. We are ready should it happen. Brings me to probably the biggest lesson from this whole thing - preparation. 
Prices could fall if confidence in the economy and job market falls.  Rental prices seem to already be falling in the Miami area.

I already have a good sized garden but I think I will go about 5X larger than what it is now. I really don't like the feeling of going to the store and there is no fresh food available.

I have a good amount of ammo on hand at all times, but it also bothers me when the store shelves are empty of guns and ammo.

Definitely interested in moving further out in the country on a good amount of acres. Watching this thing play out will determine exactly what that looks like for me.

Working from home full time, I've been taking walks a lot.  Conference calls that are informational or training sessions that I don't participate in, I call in, put on my headphones and take an hour walk.  I want to continue doing that even when we're back in the office at some point.

I realized what a wasteful SOB I am... before this I thought I was pretty good but I guess not. Definitely something I need to work on.

No guns for me and not planning on getting one. Hoping that doesn't bite me in the ### at some point but not a risk I'm willing to take right now. 

Other things I want to work on...

- Start a garden (been putting one off for years now)

- Take up more non-sports hobbies

- Eat less meat (was doing that anyway but this really kicked it into high gear)

- Spend less time on social media... I've always suspected it made my anxiety worse and this whole thing has reinforced that theory

Last edited by a moderator:
One heartbreaking aspect of this, which isn't a really big deal in the grand scheme considering what healthcare workers are going through and people dying, etc., but I love to go out to eat. I have several restaurants and my local pizza joint where I am considered a regular, well recognized by staff and handshakes always abound. Now, I don't know. I'll likely be revising this approach, and to me that's sad. 

One heartbreaking aspect of this, which isn't a really big deal in the grand scheme considering what healthcare workers are going through and people dying, etc., but I love to go out to eat. I have several restaurants and my local pizza joint where I am considered a regular, well recognized by staff and handshakes always abound. Now, I don't know. I'll likely be revising this approach, and to me that's sad. 
To me this is where it gets out of hand.  There has always been viruses that are contagious that get passed around since the beginning of time.  There have also always been new viruses that have mutated and been difficult to control since the beginning of time.  With proper sanitation (washing your hands) you severely limit the spread ability and affect of transmission. 

The big issue here is the potential for overwhelming the system.  It's not really the virus itself....more of the by product of the virus.  The virus itself seems to be a similar result to various flu strains with regards to the actual sickness itself.  For me the big concern is the overwhelming of our health care system causing other issues.  If not for the aggressive transmission (as well as transmitting without showing systems) it seems this is a flu strain.  Flu can be dangerous.  It kills thousands every year.  Were you worried about those viruses prior to this situation? 

Users who are viewing this thread