What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 2020 NFL Draft Thread*** (2 Viewers)

NFL Draft 2020: Falcons-Browns trade in play, Lions GM and coach differ on who to take and more insider notes

...Falcons-Browns trade in play

By the way, the talk of the Falcons wanting into the top 5 is very real. They love the defenders in this year's draft, but teams so far aren't loving falling back to 16 to make a deal with Atlanta. The Falcons could make a deal with the Cardinals at No. 8, but sources around the league tell me Cleveland could be the move at No. 10. That may not be high enough for Atlanta to get C.J. Henderson, but K'Lavon Chaisson could be the pick if they get there.

Chargers a real wild card...

Gettleman unlikely to trade out of No. 4...
Lots of other draft notes.  Go to link.

So most of the NFL apparently feels Isaiah Simmons is a Safety, according to reports. I can see it. He'd be amazing in the Kam Chancellor role in that style of defense. I wonder if Atlanta or San Francisco(teams who play that style) would be interested in using him there.

If Simmons falls past Carolina, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a target. I'd love to see him in SF. 

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport report "most teams" view Clemson's Isaiah Simmons as a safety, but that debate over his best position could cause him to fall in the draft Thursday evening. 

Simmons worked out as a linebacker at the Combine, but has experience at linebacker, safety and slot corner. Rapsheet reports Simmons' evaluations are all over the map. Simmons has been rumored to go off the board as high as No. 3, but Rapsheet's words hint at an evening one plunge. Tweeners always create more uncertainty than teams are comfortable with. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Apr 23, 2020, 2:06 PM ET

CBS' Jonathan Jones reports the Browns at No. 10 "could be the move" for the Falcons to move up from No. 16 

Jones believes the Falcons could have their eyes on Florida CB C.J. Henderson or LSU EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson. The Falcons have tried to beat back the narrative they are desperate to move up, but it has been one of this week's most persistent storylines. We don't have to wait much longer to find out. 

RELATED: 

Atlanta Falcons

, Cleveland Browns

SOURCE: CBS 

Apr 23, 2020, 1:52 PM ET

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell called Lions GM Dan Quinn to discuss each team's draft picks. 

By now, it is common knowledge that the Lions are looking for a way out of the third overall pick, for the right price. At least according to Schefter, the Jags are one of the teams in the trade market for the third pick. Given the Jaguars' needs at quarterback, cornerback, and defensive line, going up for the third pick could be anyone from Tua Tagovailoa, Jeff Okudah, or Derrick Brown. They may even surprise and snag do-it-all Clemson star Isaiah Simmons, if they were to trade up to that spot. These potential trade talks are likely little more than "feeling it out" at this point, but it's something to keep track of as the draft approaches. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Apr 23, 2020, 4:36 PM ET

10 AM:

Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington

Yes, Dolphins definitely have been persistent in attempts to pursue a trade for Burrow. As one Bengals source told me, "Hard to find many flaws in him - I’m sure they love him.” But I’ve also long been under impression Miami wouldn’t do anything “outrageous or unprecedented.”

3 PM:

Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington

Based on my latest convo, my mind is officially blown on potential of what might happen with the Dolphins and I no longer trust anyone and I don't like anyone and I just want this to be done because I now feel like Russell Crowe in a Beautiful Mind and I don't know what's real.

Anyone who thinks Burrow isn’t a lock to the Bengals well I have a bridge to sell you. This has NFL trying to add suspense to the draft written all over it. Happens all the time.

I think the Dolphins would have to give their entire draft this year and maybe picks next year (ala Ricky Williams) to even have a shot at Burrow. 

Anyone who thinks Burrow isn’t a lock to the Bengals well I have a bridge to sell you. This has NFL trying to add suspense to the draft written all over it. Happens all the time.
I am not sure there is anyone who doesn't think Bengals will do anything different. They have already said they have zero interest in trading their pick given how locked in they are with their selection, and everything coming out of that org points to them going to Burrow since the combine.

Uhh... What has "NFL trying to add suspense to the draft" written all over it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure there is anyone who doesn't think Bengals will do anything different. They have already said they have zero interest in trading their pick given how locked in they are with their selection, and everything coming out of that org points to them going to Burrow since the combine.
I’ve been listening to ESPN this afternoon and there’s a lot of chatter about Miami trying to move up to 1

I’ve been listening to ESPN this afternoon and there’s a lot of chatter about Miami trying to move up to 1
This is all part of Miami’s smokescreen. They’ve been rumored all over the map and nobody has any idea what they are going to do. I think they’ve wanted Tua all along. We’ll see. 

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports the Texans are looking to trade back into the first round.  

Trader Bill (O'Brien) has only two selections in the top 90, though one of them is No. 40, making a move perhaps not inconceivable. The other is No. 90, however, leaving the Texans with strikingly little ammo. O'Brien can never stop trading, but he has probably left his cupboard too bare to pull off this kind of move this year. 

SOURCE: Dianna Russini on Twitter 

Apr 23, 2020, 5:11 PM ET

This is all part of Miami’s smokescreen. They’ve been rumored all over the map and nobody has any idea what they are going to do. I think they’ve wanted Tua all along. We’ll see. 
I bet theNFL is behind it. No matter it ain’t happening 

Anyone know if the draft is streaming anywhere? It seems like ESPN and NFL Network are only streaming if you are a cable/satellite subscriber. 

Yeah that's the one they are putting up for what they call the more casual fans 
As a cord cutter, I'm a little nervous about what the difference is for more "casual" fans. Might have to find a stream.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to watch the NFL draft because Burrow is obviously going #1.  Wait a minute, the Dolphins might trade up, now I'm watching for sure!!!!
They want people to be excited to tune in from the beginning. They do this almost every year

Sling TV has free streaming (including NFL Network) from 5 to midnight every evening for new customers. That will cover tonight and tomorrow night. 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the San Francisco 49ers have received "multiple inquiries" for the 13th overall pick and are willing to move the pick. 

The 49ers are in prime position for the assumed wide receiver run in the first round. At 13th overall, the 49ers are poised to have at least one of Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, or Henry Ruggs available, if not all three. San Francisco themselves would benefit from any of these players, but a desperate team such as the Eagles may want to get in on the wide receiver action before it's too late. Keep an eye out as the 49ers approach being on the clock on Thursday night. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Apr 23, 2020, 6:32 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread