Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
TheBottomLine

Post Your 2020 Rookie Drafts

5 minutes ago, Dez said:

Loopy scoring system for QB's giving 0.5 per pass completion

OUCH!!

35 minutes ago, Dez said:

Even more absurd scoring system for all players.  Would not be interested in playing in this kind of league.

Was going to send you a league invite

• Like 1
  • Laughing 15

Posted (edited)

just started up today - this is the leagues first rookie draft, initial start up was last year.

Please spare me the "cant believes" and "awful picks" as there were plenty and they happen in every league, rounding into the end of round3.

https://www72.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=50891&O=17 

Edited by bicycle_seat_sniffer
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

just started up today - this is the leagues first rookie draft, initial start up was last year.

Please spare me the "cant believes" and "awful picks" as there were plenty and they happen in every league, rounding into the end of round3.

Are you OK with us being critical of you posting a link that doesn't work? 😉

Edited by Warhogs
hmm. it works in my quote? maybe it's me?
  • Laughing 2

2 minutes ago, Warhogs said:

Are you OK with us being critical of you posting a link that doesn't work? 😉

weird it works in the quote you posted but no underline my post will try to fix

13 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

What's. Wrong with these picks? This is a pretty str8 forward draft. Sure, a couple steals in the 3rd but unless this is a 2 qb league, nothing seems off

Posted (edited)

12 Team PPR Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 D/ST

Just started this morning...

1.01 - CEH

1.02 - Taylor

1.03 - Swift

1.04 - Dobbins

1.05 - Jeudy

1.06 - Akers

1.07 - CLamb

1.08 - A. Dillon

1.09 - Ruggs

1.10 - Jefferson

1.11 - Reagor

1.12 K. Vaughn

2.01 - Moss

2.02 - Mims

Edited by Heep

I'm starting to dream a little dream that I might be able to get Lamb at 1.8 in PPR.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I'm starting to dream a little dream that I might be able to get Lamb at 1.8 in PPR.

You might.  In a 12 team SF PPR I got him at 1.10

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Longtucky Lemmings said:

You might.  In a 12 team SF PPR I got him at 1.10

Wow and I’m just hoping to get him at 1.5 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Wow and I’m just hoping to get him at 1.5 

In a rookie draft for a bestball league right now.  It's a SF PPR and, granted, it does offer 0.25 points per carry....

But he fell to 1.11 in this one.  AJ Dillon just went at 1.10

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, TartanLion said:

12 team 0.5 ppr, Start 1 QB  underway

https://www76.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=11774&O=17

Interesting that you guys are almost through round #1 and Ruggs hasn't been selected yet.

I'm not saying I have a problem with any of the picks so far. It's just interesting that the first receiver drafted in the NFL draft may not be picked in the first round of the rookie draft.

Edited by Boone22

17 hours ago, Longtucky Lemmings said:

In a rookie draft for a bestball league right now.  It's a SF PPR and, granted, it does offer 0.25 points per carry....

But he fell to 1.11 in this one.  AJ Dillon just went at 1.10

since when is Aaron Jones garbage?  I don't understand that at all.  I wouldn't take Dillon in the first round of a rookie draft for any reason.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

since when is Aaron Jones garbage?  I don't understand that at all.  I wouldn't take Dillon in the first round of a rookie draft for any reason.

Aaron Jones won't be a Packer after this year. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Aaron Jones won't be a Packer after this year. 

Why not?  He's a FA in 2021 but who says they won't resign him?

Edited by JohnnyU

Just now, JohnnyU said:

Why not?

Because it's bad business to pay great RB let alone average ones. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

Interesting that you guys are almost through round #1 and Ruggs hasn't been selected yet.

I'm not saying I have a problem with any of the picks so far. It's just interesting that the first receiver drafted in the NFL draft may not be picked in the first round of the rookie draft.

Yeah it is interesting. I think there is a couple of things at play here ...

Whether it’s correct or incorrect there is a certain feeling that exists in people’s minds that Ruggs could just be another speedster drafted high ala Johnathon Ross, and has higher bust potential. 

The Raiders front office aren’t trusted measurers of talent, so him going first off the board means less 

obviously they will get him the ball, but they drafted a few new resources and Carr isn’t the best with the deep ball. 

Personally, I was in a ####ty position at 1.07 where I saw the tier fall off after the first six players, IMO. Jefferson felt like the best combo of pro ready, all round game and situation that he walked into 

5 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Because it's bad business to pay great RB let alone average ones. 

Maybe the price will be reasonable :shrug:

2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Maybe the price will be reasonable :shrug:

I don't see that. Hell he's more likely to hold out then give GB a hometown discount. 

• Like 1

FFPC - PPR, TE Premium

1 CEH
2 Taylor
3 Swift
4 Dobbins
5 Akers
6 Lamb
7 Jeudy
8 Reagor
9 Ruggs
10 Ke'Shawn Vaughn
11 J Jefferson
12 T Higgins
2.01 Mims

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TartanLion said:

Whether it’s correct or incorrect there is a certain feeling that exists in people’s minds that Ruggs could just be another speedster drafted high ala Johnathon Ross, and has higher bust potential. 

The Raiders front office aren’t trusted measurers of talent, so him going first off the board means less 

obviously they will get him the ball, but they drafted a few new resources and Carr isn’t the best with the deep ball. 

Personally, I was in a ####ty position at 1.07 where I saw the tier fall off after the first six players, IMO. Jefferson felt like the best combo of pro ready, all round game and situation that he walked into 

Yup.  Definitely understand the reasoning.  I’m sitting at 1.11 and I’m wondering if he’s going to fall down to me and whether I take him or see who else is available. 

2 hours ago, Boone22 said:

Isn't this similar to last year with Marquise Brown? He slid pretty far in a few of the drafts I did last year.

• Like 2

If you are drafting at 11 or 12, you are going to have a choice of some pretty good Wrs. Ruggs is falling in a few. Higgins is going there pretty often. I've seen one where Reagor fell to 12. Mims is another. And Aiyuk.  I have my preferences but I would be happy with any of these guys and think they all have a decent chance of becoming good players.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, az_prof said:

If you are drafting at 11 or 12, you are going to have a choice of some pretty good Wrs. Ruggs is falling in a few. Higgins is going there pretty often. I've seen one where Reagor fell to 12. Mims is another. And Aiyuk.  I have my preferences but I would be happy with any of these guys and think they all have a decent chance of becoming good players.

So many good options I'd rather trade out of the 1st for two 2nds at this point (after looking at these drafts). Won't have much offseason buzz either because of Covid so I wonder if what you're seeing now is what you'll see even in later drafts. 

Edited by Milkman
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TartanLion said:

I just think alot of people forget that Gruden had entire set of plays designed for AB that he had to shelf after that debacle.  I could easily see Gruden using that set of plays on Ruggs.  Ruggs was a Gruden pick all the way and he is locked in as a day 1 starter.  Not many of the rookie wr's have that same starting spot right now.

On 4/27/2020 at 7:01 AM, davesworld23 said:

What's. Wrong with these picks? This is a pretty str8 forward draft. Sure, a couple steals in the 3rd but unless this is a 2 qb league, nothing seems off

The Tua and Jordan Love (much like the packers) were awful picks, but people do it, don't mean to be snarky, 

We did that draft in less than one day. 

I absolutely love the value at the end of round1 start of round2 - Mims, Reagor, even burrow scream value. 

27 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

The Tua and Jordan Love (much like the packers) were awful picks, but people do it, don't mean to be snarky, 

We did that draft in less than one day. 

I absolutely love the value at the end of round1 start of round2 - Mims, Reagor, even burrow scream value. 

3rd/4th round had some gems too. 

On 4/26/2020 at 5:47 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Amazing this entire draft was completed in less than 15 hours.  I have had years where the first pick took more than 15 hours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dez said:

Amazing this entire draft was completed in less than 15 hours.  I have had years where the first pick took more than 15 hours.

well everyone is available......especially on a Sunday after the draft.....

1 minute ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

well everyone is available......especially on a Sunday after the draft.....

I have 4 drafts starting Saturday it be amazing if we get through 1 round in any of them in 15 hours.

On 4/26/2020 at 3:47 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

This draft is so tasty. Wish I knew who you we're.  You need to trade for the next pick and PM me. Lolol

1 minute ago, Milkman said:

This draft is so tasty. Wish I knew who you we're.  You need to trade for the next pick and PM me. Lolol

I tried many times to trade into the draft and snag some value, unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. 

4 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

I tried many times to trade into the draft and snag some value, unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. 

Well your PM's are full so I can't message you.......but um yeah you should probably try to get the next pick. 

18 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Well your PM's are full so I can't message you.......but um yeah you should probably try to get the next pick. 

so are yours...mine is good now, curious what you are thinking about?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

so are yours...mine is good now, curious what you are thinking about?

PM sent!

On 4/26/2020 at 4:47 PM, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

1.01 pick was made by a ####head. 

• Laughing 3

Such a bummer seeing these.  In pre-draft mocks I was able to get either Akers or CEH at the 7 spot.  Now not a single one of these drafts has that happened.  Even superflex! That blows.  

Posted (edited)

12 team non-ppr superflex: 

1. Burrow

2. CEH

3. Taylor

4. Tua

5. JK Dobbins

6. Swift

7. Akers

8. Herbert

9. Lamb

10. Jeudy

11. Vaughn

12. Michael Pittman

13. Jefferson

14. Ruggs

15. Reagor

16. Love (Rodgers owner - trade 2.9 and 3.2 to get to spot)

17 currently on the clock

Edited by Zow

Nice posting. Shows what the community values certain guys at. Really instrumental in thinking about things for the upcoming draft I'm in. 

On 4/28/2020 at 5:50 AM, JohnnyU said:

Agree, in a redraft.  But in a dynasty, Jones and Jamal Williams are free agents next year