What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Your 2020 Rookie Drafts (2 Viewers)

I honestly don't know how FFPC works. What was strange was he had a draft list of all rookies with their draft positions next to them, in order, and then Hayden Hurst. Like, all eighteen guys he listed were rooks and then it says "2.01 Hayden Hurst." I'm wondering if he didn't mean somebody else. Like, look at joey's post just above yours. Hence my comment. 
You have to cut rosters to 16 including DEF and kicker after each season.  Every FA and rookie is then available in the draft.

You have to cut rosters to 16 including DEF and kicker after each season.  Every FA and rookie is then available in the draft.
Thanks. Makes sense now. And hence the constant concern around here regarding the FFPC and roster space then, huh?

I honestly don't know how FFPC works. What was strange was he had a draft list of all rookies with their draft positions next to them, in order, and then Hayden Hurst. Like, all eighteen guys he listed were rooks and then it says "2.01 Hayden Hurst." I'm wondering if he didn't mean somebody else. Like, look at joey's post just above yours. Hence my comment. 
Oh no sorry FFPC cuts down to 16 in the offseason (end of March) and when we do our rookie draft, it is technically a rookie/FA draft. So no typo. Someone preferred Hurst over the rest of the field. Oh I see above someone explained.

Yeah it's a really really big deal. I think when we talk about taking trades in a vacuum, it's sort of impossible in this format.
Yeah, you guys have expressed that before, so I generally don't comment as the result of making a mental note of that. If it says FFPC, I try not to assess. I really don't try to assess or judge anything except when someone who posts something is doing so because they want feedback. I know that there are a million things I've done that seem off but can be for a multitude of rational reasons, including and up to that I seem to be incompetent at any sort of true negotiation. So there's that. :shrugs:

But your point about the vacuum is well taken. Whenever someone starts to explain why they did something on the boards, the more I usually come around to their side. It's interesting to have someone explain the particulars to people that are just passing by and glancing at the whole and very quickly. 

I scooped up David Johnson and Tyler Boyd bith in the late 2nd rd of the same FFPC today. I'm guessing DJ was dropped prior to the trade to Houston but Boyd?

Find myself ending up with a lot of shares of Justin Jefferson in the late 1st and Pittman in the early to mid 2nd of FFPC

Should if Jerry Jeudy falls to my turn at 1.04 (the top 2 team have a huge pressing need for RB and team with 1.03 could go either way), I'm debating on selling high on 1.04 / Jeudy with possibility of trading down to range of 1.05 - 1.09 (I still have 1.11 and 1.12).  This is because there are still a lot of good players that can be had at those range.  

I have Boyd and put him in the 1.08-1.10 value range.
That's about right. But I also have Boyd and he slipped a little bit (a touch) with the drafting of Higgins. I almost had a trading partner but he lost interest. I thought it would be Ross, Tate, and Green that would suffer from it, but it seems like some folks think everyone will get the targets eaten into. I do know the Bengals have a ton of receivers on their roster. PFF pointed that out in a tweet yesterday or this morning, I forget which.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's about right. But I also have Boyd and he slipped a little bit (a touch) with the drafting of Higgins. I almost had a trading partner but he lost interest. I thought it would be Ross, Tate, and Green that would suffer from it, but it seems like some folks think everyone will get the targets eaten into. I do know the Bengals have a ton of receivers on their roster. PFF pointed that out in a tweet yesterday or this morning, I forget which.
Green will be gone after this year and Ross doesn't worry me at all, he's most likely gone after this year as well. It will be the Boyd & Higgens show in 2021

Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Cincinnati Bengals WR John Ross will not have his fifth-year option exercised this offseason, according to a source.

Green will be gone after this year and Ross doesn't worry me at all, he's most likely gone after this year as well. It will be the Boyd & Higgens show in 2021

Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Cincinnati Bengals WR John Ross will not have his fifth-year option exercised this offseason, according to a source.
Yeah, I've been following for that reason. I was aware they didn't pick up Ross's contract option and that they only franchised A.J. with the likelihood that he walks one way or the other. But people also play for this year, too, and get spooked that he won't be the target hog he was in years past without A.J. in the lineup.

Yeah, I've been following for that reason. I was aware they didn't pick up Ross's contract option and that they only franchised A.J. with the likelihood that he walks one way or the other. But people also play for this year, too, and get spooked that he won't be the target hog he was in years past without A.J. in the lineup.
I the particular league I got him and DJ in, Boyd is slotted as my WR5 and DJ as my RB3/4.

My current 18 man roster sans K & DT is

Rodgers, Wentz, Tua

McCaffrey, Cook, Fournette, DJ

Evans, JuJu, Diggs, Fitz, Boyd, P.Williams, Ruggs, J.Jefferson, Shepard

Kittle, H.Henry

I won't even be able to keep 4 of these next year

I the particular league I got him and DJ in, Boyd is slotted as my WR5 and DJ as my RB3/4.

My current 18 man roster sans K & DT is

Rodgers, Wentz, Tua

McCaffrey, Cook, Fournette, DJ

Evans, JuJu, Diggs, Fitz, Boyd, P.Williams, Ruggs, J.Jefferson, Shepard

Kittle, H.Henry

I won't even be able to keep 4 of these next year
:heart: the bolded

Got 3 leagues going in FFPC that are decently through.  Bolded are my picks. 

League 1:  CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Swift, Jeudy, Jefferson, Gronkowski, Lamb, Reagor, Higgins, Ruggs, Aiyuk, Mims, Vaughn, Burrow, Tua, Pittman, Moss, Edwards, Shenault, Golden Tate, AJ Dillon, Ebron, Hurst, Gibson

Leauge 2:  Taylor, CEH, Lamb, Dobbins, Swift, Akers, Jeudy, Ruggs, Jefferson, Reagor, Vaughn, Higgins, Moss, Aiyuk, Pittman, Mims, Gronkowski, Shenault, Dillon

League 3:  CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers, Swift, Reagor, Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson, Vaughn, Ruggs, Higgins, Moss, Gronkowski, Dillon, Hurst

Trade for the 1.01 in a 1 QB PPR 12-teamer that just went down this AM, feels cheap:

1.01/Tyrell Williams/Brissett

for

1.08/2.03/3.01

If these teams are not the same owner the guy giving up the 1st overall pick is really doing this wrong.
Yeah, without doing much research the guy that had he 1.01 made some other obvious bad trades as he only had the 1.01 with a bereft roster. Just seems to be one of those owners that love to trade for the sake of it. 

Got Boyd at 2.10 and DJ at 2.11
I just took Boy at 2.02 in a 10 team keep 12 league:

results so far:

1st Rd:

Jack (from Steve) - Clyde Edwards-Helaire (KC), RB
Doug - Jonathan Taylor - INDY - RB
John - D'Andre Swift - DET - RB
Ken - J K Dobbins  Balt   RB
Jack (from Russ) - CeeDee Lamb (Dallas), WR
Dave - Cam Akers RB (LAR)
Joe - Jerry Jeudy  (DEN) WR

Chuck - Justin Jefferson - WR - MIN

Gary - Henry Ruggs III  WR (LV)

Jack - Tee Higgins (Cinci) WR

2nd round:

Chuck - Jalen Reagor  - WR - Philly

Doug - Tyler Boyd WR - Cincy

John - Keyshawn Vaugh- RB- TB

Im up again at 2.07....and I figure I get one of: Pittman, Aiyuk, Shenault, Mims. or even Burrow if I so choose.

Current make up of my squad :

Lamar Jax, Wentz

Leveon Bell, Miles Sanders, Ron Jones, Joe Mixon Raheem mostert, Jonathan Taylor

Odell Beckham, DJ Moore. Darius Slayton, AJ Brown, Tyler Boyd

Noah Fant

12 Team PPR Build a Champion 2 Devy / Rookie Draft

Devy or Rookie players already on rosters before the draft started - Chubba Hubbard, John Emery, Trey Sanders, Trey Sermon,  Cam Akers, Rondale Moore, Demetris Robertson,  CeeDee Lamb, Tee Higgins, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Trevor Lawrence, Eno Benjamin, Justyn Ross,  Tyler Johnson, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Travis Etienne, Zamir White, DeAndre Swift, J K Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor, Najee Harris, A J Dillon, Laviska Shenaut, Henry Ruggs, Bryan Edwards, Jerry Jeudy

Can draft up to 15 devys for the entire league or draft rookies.

1.01 Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB

1.02 Ja'marr Chase, WR LSU - DEVY

1.03 Rashod Batemon WR Minnesota Golden Golphers.  - DEVY

1.04 Reagor, Jalen PHI WR

1.05 Jefferson, Justin MIN WR

1.06 George Pickens WR Georgia - DEVY

1.07Jaylen Waddle, WR (Alabama) - DEVY

1.08 Vaughn, Ke'Shawn TBB RB

1.09 Devonta Smith WR Alabama - DEVY

1.10 Mims, Denzel NYJ WR

1.11 Michael Pittman ND WR

1.12 Julian fleming, wr, Ohio state - DEVY

2.01 Aiyuk, Brandon SFO WR

2.02 - Max Borghi, RB Washington State - DEVY

2.03 - Breece Hall RB Iowa St - DEVY

2.04 - Justin Fields QB Ohio St - DEVY
I'm kind of dipping my toe into devy so I'm not exactly sure about it but I'd be taking Waddle over Reagor and Jefferson.  I guess the appeal is obviously immediate production.  If it's deep starting rosters I think that makes the pick much closer though.  

At first I was concerned with Higgins but he is more a threat to John Ross (option declined for next year) and possibly AJ Green is gone in 21 too. I don't think Higgins signing changes Boyd's place in the offense and the addition of Burrow is a long term upgrade.

12 Team PPR Build a Champion 2 Devy / Rookie Draft

Devy or Rookie players already on rosters before the draft started - Chubba Hubbard, John Emery, Trey Sanders, Trey Sermon,  Cam Akers, Rondale Moore, Demetris Robertson,  CeeDee Lamb, Tee Higgins, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Trevor Lawrence, Eno Benjamin, Justyn Ross,  Tyler Johnson, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Travis Etienne, Zamir White, DeAndre Swift, J K Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor, Najee Harris, A J Dillon, Laviska Shenaut, Henry Ruggs, Bryan Edwards, Jerry Jeudy

Can draft up to 15 devys for the entire league or draft rookies.

1.01 Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB

1.02 Ja'marr Chase, WR LSU - DEVY

1.03 Rashod Batemon WR Minnesota Golden Golphers.  - DEVY

1.04 Reagor, Jalen PHI WR

1.05 Jefferson, Justin MIN WR

1.06 George Pickens WR Georgia - DEVY

1.07Jaylen Waddle, WR (Alabama) - DEVY

1.08 Vaughn, Ke'Shawn TBB RB

1.09 Devonta Smith WR Alabama - DEVY

1.10 Mims, Denzel NYJ WR

1.11 Michael Pittman ND WR

1.12 Julian fleming, wr, Ohio state - DEVY

2.01 Aiyuk, Brandon SFO WR

2.02 - Max Borghi, RB Washington State - DEVY

2.03 - Breece Hall RB Iowa St - DEVY

2.04 - Justin Fields QB Ohio St - DEVY

2.05 - Tamorrian Terry WR FSU - DEVY

2.06 - Seth Williams Auburn WR - DEVY

2.07 - Master Teague, RB Ohio State - DEVY

2.08 - Antonio Gibson RB Wash

2.09 - Garrett Wilson WR Ohio St. - DEVY

2.10 - Burrow, Joe CIN QB

2.11 - Kyle Pitts TE Florida - DEVY

2.12 - Kylin Hill, RB Mississippi State - DEVY

3.01 - Gronkowski, Rob TBB TE

3.02 - Tagovailoa, Tua MIA QB

3.03 - Moss, Zack BUF RB

3.04 - Kelley, Joshua LAC RB

3.05 - Claypool, Chase PIT WR

3.06 - Herbert, Justin LAC QB

3.07 - McFarland, Anthony PIT RB

3.08 - Evans, Darrynton TEN RB

3.09 - Duvernay, Devin BAL WR

3.10 - Perine, Lamical NYJ RB

3.11 - Tautman, Adam NOS TE

3.12 - Hamler, KJ DEN WR

4.01 - Bowden, Lynn LVR RB

4.02 - Kmet, Cole CHI TE

4.03 - Dallas, DeeJay SEA RB

4.04 - Moss, Thaddeus WAS TE

4.05 - Asiasi, Devin NEP TE

4.06 - Jefferson, Van LAR WR 

4.07 - Gandy-Golden, Antonio WAS WR (R)

4.08 - Love, Jordan GBP QB (R)

4.09 - Burton, Trey IND TE (Q)

4.10 - Stidham, Jarrett NEP QB

4.11 - Hurts, Jalen PHI QB (R)

4.12 - Cephus, Quintez DET WR (R)

I'm in a league with sandman as well
Yeah, I found that league on the subforum here years ago (maybe almost 10?). We might be in a league together, too. I'm in 3 run by the same commish. I think several league members are or have been on the forums here.

Yeah, without doing much research the guy that had he 1.01 made some other obvious bad trades as he only had the 1.01 with a bereft roster. Just seems to be one of those owners that love to trade for the sake of it. 
I dislike the operation of owners like this because it creates league imbalance.

In this situation I would try to trade for this teams 2021 draft picks and keep doing that until they quit the league.

Superflex IDP that started Friday night and is into round 5 (of 6) now. My team is Team Venture which is the result of a dispersal draft me and one other new owner completed the weekend prior to the NFL draft. First time I've had 1.01 in over a decade, and I had to draft it in the dispersal. lol 

Despite drafting the KC backfield prior to the NFL draft, I still couldn't make myself pass on Borrow in a SF league. A bit stunned, and completely thrilled to get Jeudy at 2.01. Ruggs at 2.04 was less shocking but I am happy with that, too. 

https://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=45812&O=17

12 team non-ppr superflex: 

1. Burrow

2. CEH

3. Taylor

4. Tua

5. JK Dobbins

6. Swift

7. Akers

8. Herbert

9. Lamb

10. Jeudy

11. Vaughn

12. Michael Pittman

13. Jefferson

14. Ruggs

15. Reagor

16. Love (Rodgers owner - trade 2.9 and 3.2 to get to spot)

17 currently on the clock

Here's the entirety of the draft: 

1.01 Angelo - Joe Burrow
1.02 Kevin - Clyde Edwards-Helaire
1.03 Kevin - Jonathan Taylor
1.04 Dip - Tua Tagovailoa
1.05 Angelo - JK Dobbins
1.06 Sharky - DeAndre Swift
1.07 Dip - Cam Akers
1.08 Curt - Justin Herbert
1.09 Woz - Ceedee Lamb
1.10 Billy - Jerry Jeudy
1.11 Kevin - Ke'shawn Vaughn
1.12  - Michael Pittman

2.01 Woz - Justin Jefferson
2.02 Dip - Henry Ruggs
2.03 Hinkle - Jalen Raegor
2.04 Woz - Jordan Love
2.05 Hinkle - Tee Higgins
2.06 Sharky - Zach Moss
2.07 C-Loss - Denzel Mims
2.08 Curt - Jalen Hurts
2.09 Angelo - Laviska Shenault
2.10 Billy - AJ Dillon
2.11 C-Loss - Antonio Gibson
2.12  - Chase Claypool

3.01 Curt - Anthony McFarland
3.02 Angelo - Darrynton Evans
3.03  - James Robinson
3.04 Angelo - Brandon Aiyuk
3.05 Kevin - Ryquell Armsted
3.06 Sharky - Joshua Kelley
3.07 Woz - Bryan Edwards
3.08 Curt - Tyler Johnson
3.09 Angelo - Lynn Bowden
3.10 Billy - Jacob Eason
3.11 Hinkle - Cole Kmet
3.12  - KJ Hamler

One thing that's showing out is that outside the top 5, this is a terrible draft for RBs.
And it is an incredible crop of WRs. I just got Reagor at 10 and Mims at 14 in a non-superflex. It's not many years you see guys with that combo of analytics, good tape, draft capital, athleticism and solid landing spots go so late. 

I don't know if this has been discussed somewhere in this forum, but I've been thinking about the CV impact on drafts that include both rookies and free agents. 

I believe it's prudent to carry (at least) two QBs since you never know when your stud QB might test positive.

I also think that, beginning in round 3-4, veteran free agents are more valuable than rookies because with virtual OTAs and possibly minimal training camp and pre-season games, it will be very difficult for rookies to integrate into the offense in their rookie season.  Case in point - faced with the possibility of drafting Duvernay at 4.09, I opted to take Isabella instead.  Sure - I may be stupid, but it felt like the safer move for an "end of the bench" roster spot in an FFPC league where I must cut to 20 spots for the season and 14 players + K and DST after the season.

I don't know if this has been discussed somewhere in this forum, but I've been thinking about the CV impact on drafts that include both rookies and free agents. 

I believe it's prudent to carry (at least) two QBs since you never know when your stud QB might test positive.

I also think that, beginning in round 3-4, veteran free agents are more valuable than rookies because with virtual OTAs and possibly minimal training camp and pre-season games, it will be very difficult for rookies to integrate into the offense in their rookie season.  Case in point - faced with the possibility of drafting Duvernay at 4.09, I opted to take Isabella instead.  Sure - I may be stupid, but it felt like the safer move for an "end of the bench" roster spot in an FFPC league where I must cut to 20 spots for the season and 14 players + K and DST after the season.
While I’ll agree in general (I’m in an FFPC rookie/vet draft right now), if I’m going for a true end of bench guy who I likely won’t even rely on for bye weeks, I’m going upside rookie even with the Covid concerns. I know I’ll have to get down to 20 before week 1 (whenever that will be) but I’ll make that choice then and, who knows, maybe one or more of my drafted players might go on IR to start the season (because, football), so I get to stash an extra rookie for the year as well.

In my FFPC draft (non-super flex, TE premium) I grabbed the following:

1.12 Pittman

3.1 Tua

3.11 Shenault

4.1 Herbert

4.11 Eno Benjamin 

4.12 Claypool

5.1 Trautman

and loving those picks considering my draft position. I went 2 rookie QBs because I only have Stafford so this seems like a good year to throw 2 darts  

While I’ll agree in general (I’m in an FFPC rookie/vet draft right now), if I’m going for a true end of bench guy who I likely won’t even rely on for bye weeks, I’m going upside rookie even with the Covid concerns. I know I’ll have to get down to 20 before week 1 (whenever that will be) but I’ll make that choice then and, who knows, maybe one or more of my drafted players might go on IR to start the season (because, football), so I get to stash an extra rookie for the year as well.

In my FFPC draft (non-super flex, TE premium) I grabbed the following:

1.12 Pittman

3.1 Tua

3.11 Shenault

4.1 Herbert

4.11 Eno Benjamin 

4.12 Claypool

5.1 Trautman

and loving those picks considering my draft position. I went 2 rookie QBs because I only have Stafford so this seems like a good year to throw 2 darts  
That's some ridiculously good value on Shenault (1.11 in my league) and Claypool (I took him at 3.4).

One thing that's showing out is that outside the top 5, this is a terrible draft for RBs.
Can you even imagine if Chubba, ETN and Najee Harris came out this year?  Based on where the RBs went, I would guess it would potentially would have been Najee Harris to Green Bay, ETN to Tampa and Chubba to Tennessee. 

Seen Vaughn go as high as 6 and in the 1st round of almost every draft with a ton of times in the 8-10 range.

Users who are viewing this thread