What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2020 FBG T-shirt Exchange - COMPLETED - ALL PACKAGES SENT!*** (1 Viewer)

Package is on the truck for delivery today. 

Myself or Mrs will be around this afternoon/evening to intercept, very ironic that the person I sent a package to was on a timeout and the person sending me a package is on a timeout 😂

That Nauti pirate is cool as hell
It's a cool little distillery in a touristy town at the very southern end of NJ. Try as I might, I couldn't get there until the day I was leaving for home, so no partaking for me while I was there. I think Cheezy and Joker will recognize the name. I was reading through the thread, saw his Nauti shirt and I was  :doh: we went to the same place! 

simsarge said:
It's a cool little distillery in a touristy town at the very southern end of NJ. Try as I might, I couldn't get there until the day I was leaving for home, so no partaking for me while I was there. I think Cheezy and Joker will recognize the name. I was reading through the thread, saw his Nauti shirt and I was  :doh: we went to the same place! 
I stopped in to get the shirt for joker on my way home from Cape May Brewing.  Didn’t partake myself either.  Have tried a bunch of stuff from Cape May Distillery, which is nearby.

@joker

Beer update - Wife and I shared the first one just now - Furious IPA from Surly Brewing Company.  As expected, it was right up her alley.  She is hoppier than I am.  My wifey's one word to describe it - robust.  Mine was piney.

@Jules Winnfield

I will be putting pics up probably tomorrow but what a welcome site and when I opened the box, the first can I pulled out was a "Lost Soul" and the beer name alone was a great gift but low and behold somehow some way somebody knew that Jupiter is known for it's light house, the can or logo for just that one beer was a Lighthouse that looked very similar to the one we have here at the Inlet. 

The T-Shirts...I'm already wearing the coffee one and didn't realize how popular coffee could be as a gift, we have a couple local roasters. The Hi-Lo Cafe shirt which I'll post a pic of, huge thumbs up, just love the style of it and they all have an understated look to them I really love, dark colors 🤜. 🤛  Not bright, can't thank him enough, think there are 7-8 different beers in here, put a big smile on my face.

The Pics will tell the story, I'll try and have those up tomorrow. 

Thank You @kutta for spearheading this and others who also were happy to help. This is a really nice thing to do guys, it gets paid forward to others, care packages of all kinds really have an impact on folks during these times. 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
@joker

Beer update - Wife and I shared the first one just now - Furious IPA from Surly Brewing Company.  As expected, it was right up her alley.  She is hoppier than I am.  My wifey's one word to describe it - robust.  Mine was piney.
@joker

Beer update #2 - First Avenue Golden Ale from Surly Brewing Company.  A mildly hoppy light ale, it was more my taste than my wifey's.  I am a bit weird and put a dash of salt in my beer.  I have a feeling this will be my favorite of all the beers sent.

Sampled the final beer of my xchange and it was excellent. SweetWater 420 strain G13 IPA...It was all a beer could be...without a matching bong/vape. Satisfying, full bodied with wafting hoppiness...exquisite. Last nite I had the Chestnut Street Brown ale.  It was perfect for what I love in splurge beers...which is to say...I want to spoil myself with full flavor, yet not be burdened with heavy overpowering richness...like a dessert beer. ( Which I might add I sent my xchange giftee two haha so I am not adverse to that, just not my goto preference.) 

Sampled the final beer of my xchange and it was excellent. SweetWater 420 strain G13 IPA...It was all a beer could be...without a matching bong/vape. Satisfying, full bodied with wafting hoppiness...exquisite. Last nite I had the Chestnut Street Brown ale.  It was perfect for what I love in splurge beers...which is to say...I want to spoil myself with full flavor, yet not be burdened with heavy overpowering richness...like a dessert beer. ( Which I might add I sent my xchange giftee two haha so I am not adverse to that, just not my goto preference.) 
That SweetWater beer is funky - that’s how  my friends and I describe it. I feel like I should listening to Bob Marley while I drink it.

@joker

Surly Furious was my jam when I lived in the Twin Cities.  Good stuff.

@joker

Beer update #2 - First Avenue Golden Ale from Surly Brewing Company.  A mildly hoppy light ale, it was more my taste than my wifey's.  I am a bit weird and put a dash of salt in my beer.  I have a feeling this will be my favorite of all the beers sent.
@joker

Beer update #3 - We had planned on cracking open the last of the Surly beers, but accidentally opened the Summit Brewing Company Extra Pale Ale.  Tasted darker than it was.  Holy hell that was alot of flavor for a 5.1% beer!  Loved it - both of us.

:football: did you finally actually get something that fits?
:lmao:

So last week, I bought a Tacoma truck.  My first ever truck.  It's a short one that doesn't have the rear passenger doors, just the seats.

The next day after buying it, wife decides she wants to go with me in new truck to run about 8 errands around town.  But first she grabs the mail and brings it into the truck.  I see a package from you and I toss it in the back and forget about til your post.   :shrug: :bag:

Many thanks for sending a "T"  :thumbup:    Cool shirt and I'll post a pic later.  Amazingly, all the shirts you sent have fit well.  I've worn the "Only NJ" shirt all day today.

LOL, glad they all fit. I was mega worried you'd have a bunch of those late 80s bare midriff shirts.

How do you like the new truck? My wife's been after me to finally get one. But it's hard to justify the expense driving around in something that is mostly carrying just air in the back. The only thing I've ever seen that I really like are the old style Honda Ridgelines and they all have a zillion miles on them.

LOL, glad they all fit. I was mega worried you'd have a bunch of those late 80s bare midriff shirts.

How do you like the new truck? My wife's been after me to finally get one. But it's hard to justify the expense driving around in something that is mostly carrying just air in the back. The only thing I've ever seen that I really like are the old style Honda Ridgelines and they all have a zillion miles on them.
Worried more than my wife is every year?  :lmao:

Love the new truck.  Going to buy one of those nets so we can toss stuff in the back when needed.

Thanks to @Nick Vermeil!  My package arrived today and it's quite the haul.  A nice note and then 2 pints of sours, a shirt and a glass from Hudson Valley--the artwork on the cans is as nice as I've ever seen.  I might display them instead of drink them. Alright, we all know that's not going to happen. And 4(!) pints, a glass and a shirt from Industrial Arts.  Can't wait to try them.  Thanks again for everything and I appreciate your patience as I was unavailable to accept for awhile. 

This has been a lot of fun and I look forward to being part of the exchange again next year!

Thanks to @Nick Vermeil!  My package arrived today and it's quite the haul.  A nice note and then 2 pints of sours, a shirt and a glass from Hudson Valley--the artwork on the cans is as nice as I've ever seen.  I might display them instead of drink them. Alright, we all know that's not going to happen. And 4(!) pints, a glass and a shirt from Industrial Arts.  Can't wait to try them.  Thanks again for everything and I appreciate your patience as I was unavailable to accept for awhile. 

This has been a lot of fun and I look forward to being part of the exchange again next year!
Even though Hudson Valley does mostly sours I think those two fall outside the sour family.  :bag:   Still pretty good though.  

Enjoy!  

That t-shirt on the left is killer.  Want.

kutta said:
Thank you! I’ve been thinking about getting this going this year, but time got away from me. 

Give me a week or so and I’ll get this year’s set up. 👊🏽
I don't know if you saw my PM, but the package you sent me for the 2019 exchange was delivered to my old address 2 weeks ago!  I haven't picked it up yet....

Users who are viewing this thread