What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​ 🐘 ​​ 🐴 ​2020 Presidential Debates thread - 2nd Debate October 15 (2 Viewers)

There have been recent studies which said the economy would do better under Biden than Trump.

Dig around YouTube you’ll find Trump saying 15-18 years ago “we always seem to do better economically when Democrats have the WH, worse when the President is a Republican.” But that was back when he was pro choice so doesn’t count.
He’s not a Republican. Not sure how people don’t realize that. It’s like the internet only goes back to 2015 for some folks.

New Yorkers know the deal though. And we tried to tell the country these things. Amazing how his “base” thinks he is for them. He could care less about those people.

If the Dems do sweep both houses and the presidency, Hannity's ratings will never be better.  He might personally not be happy but on ratings and professionally it won't do anything but help him.
True enough.

I think he's WAY more invested personally in Trump than he ever was with Bush, McCain and Romney though.  

I haven't watched Laura Ingraham in awhile.  She's doesn't really seem to be on top of the game anymore.  We need Anne Coulter back.  

Yup.

Biden was like watching Bob Ross.  Trump was like watching the Honey Boo Boo mom.  One is consistently mellow; almost "Fireside Chatish"...... the other you never know what youre going to get.  
Researcher: the average radio listener liatens for 18 minutes. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this - an hour and twenty minutes. 

Pig Vomit: HOW CAN THAT BE

Researcher: answer most commonly given - i want to hear what he says next. 

Pig Vomit: okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?

Researcher: good point, the average Stern hater listens for - two and a half hours. 

Pig Vomit: but...if they hate him why do they listen?!

Researcher: answer most commonly given - I want to see what he says next. 

He’s not a Republican. Not sure how people don’t realize that. It’s like the internet only goes back to 2015 for some folks.

New Yorkers know the deal though. And we tried to tell the country these things. Amazing how his “base” thinks he is for them. He could care less about those people.
My only brother is a long haul truck driver. Takes auto parts from west Michigan to the Tesla plant in Fremont, then goes to the Salinas valley to pick up fruits & vegetables to haul back. 5 on, 5 off. Has emphysema so he carries an oxygen tank with him and takes a circuitous route to avoid high altitudes. Will be 63 on Halloween, owns his house outright but still paying off his rig. Wants to - needs to - work until he’s 70.

Five years ago I took the kids on a 2 week vacation to Michigan so they could spend time with their grandpa (Big D passed 9 months later.) Had several dinner conversations and late nights around the bonfire trying to explain my big bro a “Park Ave pol” living on 5th Ave building with his own name on it was never going to act in the best interest of average Americans. The tax cuts will disproportionately favor his friends in Manhattan, NJ and Palm Beach. The conversations continued in futility the next Spring when we laid papa to rest and I spent five weeks there disposing of assets for the estate.

My sister’s listened. Lifelong Pro Life Republicans who love Jesus, they voted for the lesser of two evils. But not my brother, who is known for being obstinate.

He’s singing a different tune this year. So much damage already done. But it’s almost over.

Thought Biden was fine tonight. Came off calm and sincere. He’s good in this format. With his lead he really doesn’t need to hit home runs or even doubles at this point, but he more than held his own. 

I have mixed feelings about the performance of Savannah Guthrie in the town hall.  The questions she asked were more combative (when did he last test negative, white supremacy and QAnon questions, etc.) than designed to allow Trump to share his priorities and vision for America. I generally think moderators should try to be in the background for these things as much as possible. Frankly, I don’t know why moderators need to ask questions at all during a town hall but that was NBC’s format.

On the other hand, Trump did this to himself. He constantly lies, does and says stupid stuff, and rarely answers questions from the media other than from his Fox friends. Should Guthrie just ignore all that? I think probably not.

I have mixed feelings about the performance of Savannah Guthrie in the town hall.  The questions she asked were more combative (when did he last test negative, white supremacy and QAnon questions, etc.) than designed to allow Trump to share his priorities and vision for America. I generally think moderators should try to be in the background for these things as much as possible. Frankly, I don’t know why moderators need to ask questions at all during a town hall but that was NBC’s format.

On the other hand, Trump did this to himself. He constantly lies, does and says stupid stuff, and rarely answers questions from the media other than from his Fox friends. Should Guthrie just ignore all that? I think probably not.
Those were softballs. He predictably whiffed, which is why they dragged on. Then when he got actual policy questions like health care we got a 3 minute word salad of nonsense.

Appreciate your honesty on the first part, those acting like that wasn’t the case is comical. 

I have mixed feelings about the performance of Savannah Guthrie in the town hall.  The questions she asked were more combative (when did he last test negative, white supremacy and QAnon questions, etc.) than designed to allow Trump to share his priorities and vision for America. I generally think moderators should try to be in the background for these things as much as possible. 
Agree 

:lmao:  at the Trump supporters agreeing with your first part and glossing over your 2nd.  Both your points are spot on.

Not going to selectively edit....this is the whole comment.  Sounds like I missed exactly nothing.  I see two things plastered all over social media this morning...from my trump supporters it's the "alpha male" version of "hey, they asked him trick questions" shtick we saw in Palin and in response to that from my biden supporters it's a clip of him getting wrecked on an actual policy question in ACA.  I've said a billion times that if they'd just keep the questions to policy and stop worrying about all the social :bs:  that he deflects to, this whole thing becomes obvious.  Was  that ACA question the only policy question he was asked?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to selectively edit....this is the whole comment.  Sounds like I missed exactly nothing.  I see two things plastered all over social media this morning...from my trump supporters it's the "alpha male" version of "hey, they asked him trick questions" shtick we saw in Palin and in response to that from my biden supporters it's a clip of him getting wrecked on an actual policy question in ACA.  I've said a billion times that if they'd just keep the questions to policy and stop worrying about all the social :bs:  that he deflects to, this whole thing becomes obvious.  Was  that ACA question the only policy question he was asked?
No, he was asked a DACA question and answered about how great we are doing on our southern border and the wall.

He was also what he'd do about police killings of black men and answered that he's been the best president to black Americans since Lincoln.

No, he was asked a number of policy questions.  A woman whose grandparents were immigrants from eastern Europe (and who "loves your smile!") asked him about DACA and Dreamers.  A black educator spoke of her message to her son and her students about being safe, so what would he do to ensure the safety of minorities.  There were a few others from the audience.  Good questions, and all deflected by the president.  Savannah did pursue some follow-ups.  But as I stated before, he either blamed the Democrats or promised results after the election.

:lmao:  at the Trump supporters agreeing with your first part and glossing over your 2nd.  Both your points are spot on.
If you can show me on post that makes me a Trump supporter that’d be great

I didn’t gloss over anything. I think she sucked last night. I didn’t tune in to watch her theatrics 

She should be like a good official in a sporting event, be there , do your job , but go unnoticed 

No, he was asked a DACA question and answered about how great we are doing on our southern border and the wall.

He was also what he'd do about police killings of black men and answered that he's been the best president to black Americans since Lincoln.

No, he was asked a number of policy questions.  A woman whose grandparents were immigrants from eastern Europe (and who "loves your smile!") asked him about DACA and Dreamers.  A black educator spoke of her message to her son and her students about being safe, so what would he do to ensure the safety of minorities.  There were a few others from the audience.  Good questions, and all deflected by the president.  Savannah did pursue some follow-ups.  But as I stated before, he either blamed the Democrats or promised results after the election.
:lmao:   Thanks...I may go back and watch it just for giggles

:lmao:   Thanks...I may go back and watch it just for giggles
I watched Biden live. I scrolled through here and twitter then went back and watched agent orange after. The crying about Guthrie and Trump elicited more than a few chuckles at the time, but after actually watching it the pure comedy elevated several notches. THAT NASTY WOMEN, MEAN.  :lmao:  No, your representative is an oaf. But you're gonna tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself to fill in that circle.

Man you are every politicians dream eating up that schtick.  :lmao:
We’ve become pretty cynical. Uncle Joe has done that his entire career. What kind of country are we in where hanging around and talking to voters is sneered at? What kind of world are we in where a Trump advisor insults the Vice President by calling him Mr Rogers. I’d roll with Mr Rogers to the gates of hell if need be. 

This country is deeply deeply ill. 

Should be easy to answer. I tested negative the day of the debate like the rules said, I condemn white supremecy and political violence, QAnon promotes conspiracy theories, now more importantly my vision for tax policy is.....

The questions continue to be asked because of the way he refuses to answer them. 

I don't believe he was being tested regularly.
Yes. That’s why the question keeps coming up. It’s an indictment on his approach to biggest problem the country faces, his willingness to put his opponent and allies in danger. Why in the world shouldn’t that question continue to be asked until it’s answered? It’s only a difficult question because the real answer appears to be so damning. 

Emma Kinery @EmmaKinery

Initial Nielsen ratings show Biden garnered more viewers than Trump at their simultaneous town halls. Biden drew 12.7 million viewers from 8-9 p.m. on ABC. On NBC alone, Trump got 10.4 million viewers in the same time slot

10:23 AM · Oct 16, 2020

Emma Kinery @EmmaKinery

Initial Nielsen ratings show Biden garnered more viewers than Trump at their simultaneous town halls. Biden drew 12.7 million viewers from 8-9 p.m. on ABC. On NBC alone, Trump got 10.4 million viewers in the same time slot

rats

Emma Kinery @EmmaKinery

Ouch...that will bother Trump a bit.

Election wise...he is probably better off if as few people as possible watch him.

Emma Kinery @EmmaKinery

I'm a bit surprised by this. I assumed more people would tune in to Trump to see what crazy / off the wall things he would say, and Biden just kind of is who he is, no expectations of any drama there. So maybe this is an indication that people are just tired of Trump, just done with it.

For myself, I left the original debate a lot more sickened and disheartened than I expected to. Even though I pay more attention to politics than the average person, I had no desire to watch either Trump or Biden last night - Trump because I just can't stand hearing him talk any more, and Biden because I already know I'm voting for him, I don't need any more convincing.  I think a lot of people are just tired of it all, and are ready to move on.

Emma Kinery @EmmaKinery

I'm surprised.  I thought more would watch Trump if even just for entertainment.  

I'm a bit surprised by this. I assumed more people would tune in to Trump to see what crazy / off the wall things he would say, and Biden just kind of is who he is, no expectations of any drama there. So maybe this is an indication that people are just tired of Trump, just done with it.

For myself, I left the original debate a lot more sickened and disheartened than I expected to. Even though I pay more attention to politics than the average person, I had no desire to watch either Trump or Biden last night - Trump because I just can't stand hearing him talk any more, and Biden because I already know I'm voting for him, I don't need any more convincing.  I think a lot of people are just tired of it all, and are ready to move on.
Exactly, this resonates for me. Just done with it. It's not hate, it's not "Trump derangement syndrome", no strong feelings or anything like that. Just go away. Tired of it. Trying to get some semblance of normal back into life. 

Users who are viewing this thread