What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ⅿ- Mandalorian Series! (2 Viewers)

I thought Episode 3 was fantastic. The first 10 minutes was classic Star Wars. I thought the Pershing story was well done, felt a bit like Andor. Very interested in these stories of how differing folks are navigating the post-Empire galaxy.

I thought Episode 3 was fantastic. The first 10 minutes was classic Star Wars. I thought the Pershing story was well done, felt a bit like Andor. Very interested in these stories of how differing folks are navigating the post-Empire galaxy.

Yea I liked it too, just didn’t understand her motivations for turning him in and then blasting the power up on him. She’s just cartoonishly evil?

Yea I liked it too, just didn’t understand her motivations for turning him in and then blasting the power up on him. She’s just cartoonishly evil?
I think she may have been ordered by a former Empire-linked superior to erase his mind. She didn't seem all bought-in on the New Republic. Leading him on that mission, then turning him in were the means to get him in that spot. And I don't think it was Gideon that attacked Bo-Katan's castle. Feels like they may be setting up a certain Admiral's first appearance.

It seemed pretty clear to me that she was still working for the Empire, but others seemed to have interpreted it differently, so who knows.

I think she may have been ordered by a former Empire-linked superior to erase his mind. She didn't seem all bought-in on the New Republic. Leading him on that mission, then turning him in were the means to get him in that spot. And I don't think it was Gideon that attacked Bo-Katan's castle. Feels like they may be setting up a certain Admiral's first appearance.
Why blow the **** out of a practically uninhabited joint in the first place though? At that point she had zero followers or influence and the New Republic should be the target. If nothing else, taking the place over makes more sense to me If it were him. So on that level, its more personal and Mando’s ship being parked there gives him motivation to nuke it.

Love that Ahmed Best played the Jedi who saved Grogu during Order 66. Dude took a lot of crap for the whole Jar Jar fiasco. Nice gesture by Favreau and Co. to help make some of that right.
Definitely. Thought the episode was fine. Would like more advance on the story but not even sure there is an overarching story? It’s a fun weekly adventure.

That was some hot garbage.
I just went back to watch the first few episode of the series to remind myself of who the doctor was and why I cared.

Despite Werner Herzog's weird accent, the episode was waaaaaaaay better than anything in season 3. Better tension, better dialog, better acting, better cinematography. Just not as cheesy and lame. I wanted to know more about the Mandalorians and their covert. Now, I'm not caring as much.

It feels like Mando has jumped the shark.
Getting that vibe now too. Too sterile, not really interested in whatever the story line is supposed to be and frankly the whole Grogu thing was cool but it's run it's course. Dude is 100+ years old and still coos like a new born, kinda tired of that.

It has become a little cheesy. It is more a sequel to Clone Wars cartoons (and is a bit cartoonish at times) as opposed to the lone gunslinger spaghetti western vibes from most of season 1. And Ahsoka looks like it will be season 4 of Rebels (or whatever season it ended on).

Writing is still full on cheese but episode 22 was fun. I wonder how many viewers are like “jack black! And who’s that large black chick… and why am I turned on by her?”

Disney does guest stars very well.

Writing is still full on cheese but episode 22 was fun. I wonder how many viewers are like “jack black! And who’s that large black chick… and why am I turned on by her?”

Disney does guest stars very well.
Was hoping Christopher Lloyd was gonna pull a Roger Rabbit though.

What are the rules around the dark saber again?
You have to been given it willfully or win it in battle.
I don't think this is correct and you can only win it in battle. Mando offered it willfully, but Bo Katan would not (could not) take it.
Did she win it in battle this time? The robot spider creature defeated Din and took the Dark Saber from him. Bo Katan then defeated the creature in battle and has the saber. She should be the true owner now.
This is the way. :bowtie:

i think it is awesome and my lady actually came around the corner from the other room and asked if that was ole doc brown talking and i said yes in fact it was take that back to the future bank where you dont need roadmigos

Still enjoying, but "cheesy" is the word I mostly associate with the past couple of episodes.
Yea... I could really do without the almost slapstick stuff they are doing. If you stuff like Lizzo and Jack Black and focus on the Star Warsiness of it, then it is enjoyable. There is enough awesome moments that make up for the dropping the ball with things like that.

I bet the kiddos loved that episode too. It was colorful and had good action.

Still enjoying, but "cheesy" is the word I mostly associate with the past couple of episodes.

Yeah, I prefer the grittier style of season 1 and 2, but not terrible to mix it up I suppose.

I was entertained although definitely not peak Mando.

Today, I was driving with my three kids in the car. I took a different route than usual so my daughter said something about being confused how I was getting there. My youngest son says to her "Chadstromaette, this is the way." Immediately and in unison with Mandalorian voices my older son and I say "this is the way."

It was glorious.

Users who are viewing this thread