What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (7 Viewers)

Firmino misses 2 sitters at the end of the half.  Still think a stud striker would get 30 goals on this team although I'd like Firmy to just get a bit more clinical and nail that position down.

anybody watching CP and BWB?

I honestly get myself to watch him play. :(   going to take a lot of time.
Yeah.  Pretty mundane half so far.  Dortmund with most of the possession but hasn't gotten a good shot on goal yet.  APOEL with a couple of good counters that fizzled.  APOEL seem to be doubling Pulisic every time he's near the ball.  Actually the same with Yarmolenko as well.  Seems like they'd rather let Dortmund attack up the middle than give either winger a chance.

EPL teams gonna make some noise this year in the CL knockout stages.  LFC seem the weakest of the lot at the moment, but they fortunately may have the easiest group and hopefuly Clyne/Lallana/Mane will be healthy in 4-6 weeks.

City look a threat to win it, Tottenham could be a huge darkhorse, Klopp has experience leading a team to the finals, Mourinho is obviously very experienced...I think this may be the year the massive money and huge coaching upgrades make a big impact in this competition.

btw - The $40 Hulu package is working pretty well for me for soccer this year.  My weekends have been pretty busy (for better or worse), but there hasn't yet been a PL or EUFA game I've wanted to see but couldn't. There was one week CFC was on the special NBC package and I used a stream from reddit. World Cup qualifiers were a mixed bag - some were available, BeIn games weren't - not that it matters anymore.

Edit - watching RM-Spurs on my work PC via Hulu now.  Thanks work IT guys for getting us the two-monitor set-ups last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to miss the last 30 minutes - very happy with that result, and Dortmund dropping points.  Still going to come down to goal differential between Spurs and Dortmund, I think.  Spurs +5, Dortmund -4 right now.

Spurs still have RM at Wembley, @Dortmund, and APOEL at Wembley - so could really only be looking at 3 points there for 10 total.

Dortmund have a tough ask to win all 3, but they should be favored at home against Spurs and APOEL - leaving the tough task of a win in Madrid.

Big win for Wimbledon today vs. Rotherham.  The Dons have seemingly righted the ship with two wins on the trot.

Bottom dwellers Plymouth visit Kingsmeadow on Saturday.

shader said:
Moscow destroying Sevilla.  
That was yesterday's biggest surprise to me. It was tied at the half, too.

I see Real play maybe 10 times a season but I don't ever remember seeing Isco fly around the pitch as much as he did last night. What a handful. Good point for Totnum, especially handicapped as they were by Vertonghen.

charvik said:
Well done Fox for ####### up CL showings, making it difficult to find, and then not even be able to view it due to cable provider coverage.

I'm afraid this will only get worse.
I was going to ##### about the Atlanta United game that was on Sunday but figured no one cared but me.  It was listed on FS1 so I recorded it there.  Thankfully I wasn't busy when the game started and flipped it over.  No game.  Showing drag racing or something.  I flip over to FS2 - they start the game there.  Fine, no harm but anybody recording the game was ####ed.  Then at half I go do some work around the house, come back with my beer in hand for the 2nd half and boxing is on - WTF??  I assume the kids changed the channel but no, they waited until halftime and then move the 2nd half back to FS1.  Morons.

That was yesterday's biggest surprise to me. It was tied at the half, too.

I see Real play maybe 10 times a season but I don't ever remember seeing Isco fly around the pitch as much as he did last night. What a handful. Good point for Totnum, especially handicapped as they were by Vertonghen.
Isco seems to have found his sea-legs. every time I've seen him play since the summer he's looked like that. kinda like Hazard at top gear. 

I was going to ##### about the Atlanta United game that was on Sunday but figured no one cared but me.  It was listed on FS1 so I recorded it there.  Thankfully I wasn't busy when the game started and flipped it over.  No game.  Showing drag racing or something.  I flip over to FS2 - they start the game there.  Fine, no harm but anybody recording the game was ####ed.  Then at half I go do some work around the house, come back with my beer in hand for the 2nd half and boxing is on - WTF??  I assume the kids changed the channel but no, they waited until halftime and then move the 2nd half back to FS1.  Morons.
I was watching a game on FS and they put on some crappy college football game instead- but partway through, like what you're describing. 

soccer clearly not a priority for them- even though I appreciate the amount of soccer they're bringing... feels like the old bad days.

Wow... I have no words.

My main worry for the USMNT missing Russia is that coverage for other events will suffer, coupled with the channels starting to charge for ridiculous packages.

charvik said:
Well done Fox for ####### up CL showings, making it difficult to find, and then not even be able to view it due to cable provider coverage.

I'm afraid this will only get worse.
Facebook Live for United Benfica today?  asinine move by fox sports to sell any of this to FB.

BT Sports schedule tomorrow:

ManU/Benfica on BTSports 2

Chelsea/Roma on BTSports 3

and Celtic/Bayern on BTSports ESPN
WTF is BT Sports 2?

AND HOW THE (*^&*(%$&*$&%*()^&*&$ DO I FIND THE UNITED BENFICA MATCH ON FB LIVE

US - eligible midfielder Kyle Scott again makes the bench for Chelsea, mostly due to injuries to Kante, Moses, Drinkwater. Although highly unlikely, it would be great to see him get a few minutes.

Forza CFC!

Users who are viewing this thread