What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (5 Viewers)

Arsenal looked good except for the brief moment they let the goal go in.

Should have had a PK for handball, but scored a min or two later anyway.

Implications at the top and bottom:
City 1-0 West Ham 65'

European Spot Implications
Liv 1-0 Fulham 66'
Well that escalated quickly, Moyesiah cannot beat the top 6 plus Halaand is inevitable.

Implications at the top and bottom:
City 3-0 West Ham 85'

European Spot Implications
Liv 1-0 Fulham 66'

West Ham got ‘er done anyway! Magpies loss more or less negated. It’s crazy to think that Sean Longstaff might have been the glue all along. He’s sorely missed.

Watched the first half. Boring, lifeless, etc. United need to learn to play away games. Another howler from De Gea. Another game lacking someone clinical in front of goal.
How he can go from amazing shot stopper to absolute liability like that is exhausting.

Need to win 3 of 4 to guarantee CL.

Watched the first half. Boring, lifeless, etc. United need to learn to play away games. Another howler from De Gea. Another game lacking someone clinical in front of goal.
How he can go from amazing shot stopper to absolute liability like that is exhausting.

I feel like United are Lucy here, Liverpool are Charlie Brown and Champions League is the football.

:lmao:

I feel like United are Lucy here, Liverpool are Charlie Brown and Champions League is the football.

:lmao:
I sure hope so!!!

Everton are turning the relegation fight upside down. Up 3-0 on Brighton, still in the first half.
Sure why not. Beat United, lose to Everton

Also makes it harder for BHU to get Europa with Arsenal and Newcastle up next.

Everton went from 59% likely to be relegated to only a 22% chance to go down with that win. And it more or less eliminated Brighton's chances of sneaking into a CL spot. Newcastle, United and Liverpool all benefit slightly.

For those just watching the bonkers PL today, it was the final weekend of the Football League, all the promotion spots were already secure bar one which Northampton secured to go up to L1, similarly most of the relegation issues were already sorted but Cambridge survived with a last day win at the expense of MK Dons to the relief of many.

That's also sorted the playoffs, and we have:

Championship - Luton v Sunderland, Middlesbrough v Coventry

League One - Pigs v Peterborough, Barnsley v Bolton

League Two - Stockport v Salford, Carlisle v Bradford

All two legs, final is one leg at Wembley, same as Notts County v Chesterfield to get into the league with Wrexham

The score box image on Paramount Plus looks like Man City has a red card - heart skipped a beat. Its just a constant reminder they keep there to remind us that Real Madrid is wearing white at home just as they've done as long as I can remember and City are in the black/red shirts.

The score box image on Paramount Plus looks like Man City has a red card - heart skipped a beat. Its just a constant reminder they keep there to remind us that Real Madrid is wearing white at home just as they've done as long as I can remember and City are in the black/red shirts.
I thought the same thing. Thanks for clearing that up.

Goals for Dzeko and Mkhitaryan. Good to see today's CL semifinal is being played off my copy of Football Manager 2015.

Seriously, this is like Harry Belafonte dying a couple of weeks ago when I was convinced he'd been dead at least a decade.

Too bad when VAR decides no foul/PK and they take away the card, they can't give it to the diver instead......

My thought when VAR was looking at it was that they were going to say Kjaer was nowhere near playing the ball and it should be a red as well, never in a million years did I think it was for an overturn, there's a slight but clear tug on the striker

Too bad when VAR decides no foul/PK and they take away the card, they can't give it to the diver instead......

My thought when VAR was looking at it was that they were going to say Kjaer was nowhere near playing the ball and it should be a red as well, never in a million years did I think it was for an overturn, there's a slight but clear tug on the striker
I just saw the replay when the ref waived it off and took back the card, didn't see it in real time. So many bodies moving it was hard to find the contact. Looked like he felt the hand on his side and went down. Never a pen for me.

Surprised to former United players, Mhkitaryan & Darmien along with Lukaku involved for Inter. Zlatan there but not on the CL roster for Milan.

In a new episode of "scenes you like to see", Peterborough bring out the "unlike Sheffield, our city is blue" and "you're just a **** Sheffield United" chants as Wednesday go into the break 2-0 down

Users who are viewing this thread