What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (1 Viewer)

One goal each in the two games today. Little different from yesterday, but this could get interesting in the next 20 minutes.

Oof. Statswise City completely outplayed Madrid. It wasn't close. Tough way to lose. Not gonna cry for City fans though.

With Leverkusen knocking out West Ham and Liverpool being eliminated, I wonder if Germany has now locked up the 5th Champions League spot for next season....

Champions League:
BVB v PSG
BM v RM

Europa:
Leverkusen v Roma
Atalanta v Marseille

Conference League:
Fiorentina v Brugge
Aston Villa v Olympiacos

Last edited:
So England is out of the Champions League and that extra European slot is probably a long shot now, especially with Liverpool and West Ham both losing the first legs in the B tournament.
Don't count out Villa winning the Conference League!

3-3 agg and into extra time in Lille.
Villa through on PKs.

One of those moments where I learned something new about soccer I never knew before today. Emilio Martinez got a yellow card early in the game, and then was shown a second yellow during the penalties. He was basically ####housing Lille players during the penalties and the ref had enough of it. However, it seems by rule that yellow cards from the game don't carry forward to a penalty shootout AET, so Martinez stayed on and saved the last kick to seal a win for the Villa.

So England is out of the Champions League and that extra European slot is probably a long shot now, especially with Liverpool and West Ham both losing the first legs in the B tournament.
Don't count out Villa winning the Conference League!

3-3 agg and into extra time in Lille.
Villa through on PKs.

One of those moments where I learned something new about soccer I never knew before today. Emilio Martinez got a yellow card early in the game, and then was shown a second yellow during the penalties. He was basically ####housing Lille players during the penalties and the ref had enough of it. However, it seems by rule that yellow cards from the game don't carry forward to a penalty shootout AET, so Martinez stayed on and saved the last kick to seal a win for the Villa.
I learned this today too! :)

Feel bad for Chelsea fans. They've been far the better team, but have been wasteful with chances. They had a 100% obvious penalty not given and now they're down with 10 minutes left. Seems like this has been their luck lately.

Users who are viewing this thread