What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

0-4 support group enter (1 Viewer)

ppierce

Footballguy
Who's your team? What are you planning on doing? Are u still optimistic?

Kaep

Spiller

Wilson

Jizz Rodgers

Bolden

Fitz

Antonio Brown

Vjax

Steve Johnson

Jimmy Graham

Sturgis

Tampa def

I think I'm still optimistic... my league is a lower scoring type of league. Last two seasons I've averaged about 100ppg compared to the next highest being about 91ppg average. Won both championships. This year I'm 0-4, averaging around 80ppg points against average is around 110ppg against me. So it's been pretty much just everyone having the best possible game they can have against me week to week. I'm also in the unlucky zone of having drafted Charles, David Wilson and Steven Ridley as my RBs. Charles has been lights out amazing but Ridley is looking virtually dropable right now and the Giants have been a deadzone of fantasy production. Draft started off well with Charles and Graham in the first two rounds... went a little hectic with Ridley then Wilson after that (we drafted before A Brown got hurt). Now I'm sitting in this weird spot of really either bad WR production or bad QB production week to week. RG3 had two awesome first weeks... in Week 1 I had to play Peyton's 7 TD game so I lost that. Week 2 all of my WRs put up nothing. Then last week they all did well... Graham, Antonio Brown etc. but Griffin did nothing and I had to play against Wilson's 4 TD game.

So yeah, I'm optimistic at the moment. I've pretty much lost each week to people who are exploding when they play me. It's rough to watch people average 110ppg against me each week when they're only averaging about 85ppg on the season themselves. The guy I played this week put up 118 on me, last week he put up 66. It's just ridiculous bad luck. It's possible it's just 'not my year' and the bad luck will keep coming though.

I'm doing well in all of my leagues with tough competition, but I can't catch a break in my home league with a decent amount of players who are weak owners.

QB - Stafford and Bradford

RB - McCoy, Lacy, Joique Bell, Bolden, Franklin (Vereen on IR)

WR - Fitzgerald, Decker, Stevie Johnson, Bowe, Blackmon

TE - Witten, Clay

I think my team is solid, but I'm definitely not in love with it. I had a number of big misses in the draft, wiffing on Kenny Britt and passing over Demarco Murray for Eddie Lacy. I also passed on Jordan Cameron late in the draft when he was the top player on my board...for Fred Jackson, who I dropped prior to week 1.

WR has really been the area that's killed me. Fitzgerald stuggled in weeks 2 and 3. I started Bowe with his 1.4 points last week. I benched him this week for Stevie Johnson's 1.9 points. Basically, I've had at least two players with less than two points every week so far this season, while the rest of my team has been solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodgers

Richardson, Lacey, McFadden, Bradshaw

Vjax, Bowe, Nicks, Santonio Holmes,

Finley

Bullock

Cincy

I feel bad for Rodgers having to be associated with this underperforming group of crappyness! It's just getting worse as I had a trade with the Anquan Bolden owner for McFaddden all set and ready to go. I backed off when the Bradshaw news came out. McFadden just had to finish the game and the deal was done. Lowest scoring team by a mile and all I see are blue boxes on my cbs player updates. :hangover:

Rodgers

Richardson, Lacey, McFadden, Bradshaw

Vjax, Bowe, Nicks, Santonio Holmes,

Finley

Bullock

Cincy

I feel bad for Rodgers having to be associated with this underperforming group of crappyness! It's just getting worse as I had a trade with the Anquan Bolden owner for McFaddden all set and ready to go. I backed off when the Bradshaw news came out. McFadden just had to finish the game and the deal was done. Lowest scoring team by a mile and all I see are blue boxes on my cbs player updates. :hangover:
ha i'm the same way with jimmy graham. feel like its a wasted year for me to own him.

I would expect to see a lot of Spiller, Ridley, Wilson at RB on this list along with Fitz and D.Bowe heading up the WR's in the disappointment category. Hang in there fellas!

my favorite stat of futility on the season for my team is 0 rb td's thru 4 weeks. how is that even possible????

QB: Romo / Rivers

RB: Ray Rice, Stevan Ridley, Daryl Richardson,

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Dez Bryant, Deandre Hopkins, Denarious Moore

TE: Jermichael Finley

D: Seattle

Traded (Away Mathews and Moreno to Start the Year for Ridley)

Figured he was just in a bad slump and would turn it around

My only $$ league- 12 team PPR Dynasty-This team is 0-4

Brady/Ryan/Hoyer

Martin/Spiller/CJ2k/Miller/Thomas

Nicks/Hopkins/Rice/Sanders/Shorts/Hunter/Bess/Quick/M80/Broyles

Finley/Gresham/Green/Kelce

Bullock

DTBC

Thinking I might stick it out 1 more week since I play another weak team to see if I can turn this around before I blow my team up with a fire sale to rebuild. I am getting 0 touchdowns from WR/RB. Bought into the Broyles increased workload hype and got a 0 from him. Just a huge disappointment after thinking I was going to contend this year. Could have won 2 games had I started players that went off on my bench and find myself chasing points which makes it worse. Other 2 games I got completely blown out and wouldn't have mattered who I started.

Keep 2 league - won our league's championship last year, but this season is the worst I can remember. This would be my starter squad assuming everyone was healthy:

QB Newton

RB Spiller, Rice, Vereen

WR Roddy White, Miles Austin, Vincent Brown

TE Gronkowski

PK Sturgis

Def Colts

The Colts outscored all of my starting RBs + 2 of my starting WRs this week. I was beaten by over 100 pts and have the lowest scoring team in the league. It's hopeless.

Luck/Crappernick

Richardson

Mcfadden

Ridley

AJ Green

D. Thomas

J. Thomas

Garcon

Hilton

Walsh

Cowboys D

I have no clue what to do. Team still looks decent on paper. My running backs are obviously killing me but AJ Green hasn't been lighting the world on fire lately either. :shrug:

Spiller and CJ1K in rounds 1 & 2 have sunk an otherwise good PPR team.

Stafford, Cruz, Welker, Tavon, Julius Thomas, Hauschka, BALT/TB

My only $$ league- 12 team PPR Dynasty-This team is 0-4

Brady/Ryan/Hoyer

Martin/Spiller/CJ2k/Miller/Thomas

Nicks/Hopkins/Rice/Sanders/Shorts/Hunter/Bess/Quick/M80/Broyles

Finley/Gresham/Green/Kelce

Bullock

DTBC

Thinking I might stick it out 1 more week since I play another weak team to see if I can turn this around before I blow my team up with a fire sale to rebuild. I am getting 0 touchdowns from WR/RB. Bought into the Broyles increased workload hype and got a 0 from him. Just a huge disappointment after thinking I was going to contend this year. Could have won 2 games had I started players that went off on my bench and find myself chasing points which makes it worse. Other 2 games I got completely blown out and wouldn't have mattered who I started.
I wouldn't blow up that team. You're pretty solid with a lot of good youth. A bad start to one season isn't worth having a fire sale.

What I WOULD do is sell off Brady for a younger QB option or good picks if you can.

It is interesting to see so many teams struggling so much that have heavy investments in big name RBs.

I am seeing this trend in my leagues too. I have one team that has no business at all winning a danged game (dynasty team that I took over this year that someone had run into the ground) and that team is surprisingly 3-1 with nothing at RB (Ppr league that is getting by with Wrs and some quirky IDP luck).

dead last in pts here and its easy to see why

QB- Kaep

RB- Rice, Lacy, SJax

WR- Johnson, Gordon, Decker

TE- Thomas

I plan on blowing the whole thing up and hoping for the best. Whats the worst than can happen? Step 1 is selling low on Rice by getting Rivers & Gio. Step 2 is trying to flip Kaep & a WR for a stud WR

Luck/Crappernick

Richardson

Mcfadden

Ridley

AJ Green

D. Thomas

J. Thomas

Garcon

Hilton

Walsh

Cowboys D

I have no clue what to do. Team still looks decent on paper. My running backs are obviously killing me but AJ Green hasn't been lighting the world on fire lately either. :shrug:
Crazy that that team is 0-4. Hang in there, man. Don't know your scoring system but this team should turn it around.

Three teams that are 0-4 in my leagues all had the same first and second round picks. Doug Martin and MJD.

ETA: correction, one team had Doug Martin & Chris Johson

Luck/Crappernick

Richardson

Mcfadden

Ridley

AJ Green

D. Thomas

J. Thomas

Garcon

Hilton

Walsh

Cowboys D

Crazy that that team is 0-4. Hang in there, man. Don't know your scoring system but this team should turn it around.
It's only a 10 man league so that's why roster might look stacked. I felt great about this team on draft day...seems like such a long time ago.

Noticed I didn't post my actual team... Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/T, W/R

QB: Robert Griffin

WR: Marques Colston

WR: Antonio Brown

WR: Tavon Austin (return yd league)

WR: DeAndre Hopkins

RB: Jamaal Charles

RB: Stevan Ridley

RB: David Wilson

RB: Joique Bell

RB: DeAngelo Williams

TE: Jimmy Graham

TE: Heath Miller

K: Garrett Hartley

Dalton, Andy CIN QB

Schaub, Matt HOU QB (P)

Wilson, Russell SEA QB

Johnson, Chris TEN RB

Jones, Felix PIT RB

Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB (

Scott, Da'Rel NYG RB

Smith, Alfonso ARI RB

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB (P)

Tate, Ben HOU RB (P)

Avery, Donnie KCC WR

Brown, Vincent SDC WR

Green, A.J. CIN WR

Hartline, Brian MIA WR

Johnson, Stevie BUF WR

Moss, Santana WAS WR

Stokley, Brandon BAL WR

Cumberland, Jeff NYJ TE

Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE

Myers, Brandon NYG TE

Bironas, Rob TEN PK

Redskins, Washington WAS Def

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def

My team should be 0-4. The only reason that I'm going to be 2-2 is because two of my opponents so far have had the second to last scoring totals the week that I played against them. I don't want to blame anybody but myself--but I will say that my biggest mistake this year was listening to the "fantasy experts". The last 3 years I was fortunate enough to have great fantasy success--drafting off of who I thought would make a great team. After my success--I got the feeling that the other owners in my leagues really almost put a target on my back and beating me was a priority second to them making the playoffs and potentially winning the whole thing. Because of this, I figured I should do lots of research going into my draft to be more "equipped" to do well. I know that a lot of other owners won't trade with me because they don't want to risk potentially helping my team out--so I really needed to depend on the draft. After draft night--- I felt I had a team that would make the experts drool-10 team non ppr--all tds are 6 pts

stafford/rg3

doug martin, cj spiller, ridley, lamar miller, bernard, matthews, joique

vjax, amendola, antonio brown, vincent brown, jennings

Jimmy graham, jordan cameron

I stream kickers and defenses by matchup

Since my draft, I was able to drop brown for edelman. I also just traded jordan cameron for david wilson/dwayne bowe. I then turned around and traded stafford and wilson for cam and garcon. However--even with all of the moves-- my teams average weekly score is well below the average and I really should be 0-4. In fact-- I truly believe that unless I continue to get lucky and play teams that have horrible fantasy weeks the rest of the way that I really have no chance. I should know better than to listen to experts that say that Its smart to draft guys like spiller, ridley and david wilson over the likes of manning, brees or rodgers. Shame on me.

Well this week isn't over yet, but I'm losing 204.40 to 98.50 with Colston left to play. So, I'll go out on a limb and say I'll be 0-4 in about 12 hours.

FPC league, so an 11 week regular season. This team makes me sad as my season is pretty much already over..

Stafford, Flacco

Spiller, MJD, Ridley, Bilal Powell, Quiz

Colston, Miles Austin, Denarius Moore, Mike Williams, Stephen Hill, Dobson, Davone Bess

Vernon Davis, Cook, Jordon Reed

Steven Hauschka

Arizona

In week 2 this team got me 76.9 points!

QB: Stafford, Newton

RB: Lynch, Richardson, Johnson, Wilson, Bell, Bolden

WR: Holmes, Gordon, Nelson, Royal

TE: Cook

K: Baily

Def: KC

Keeper league and I decided to stick with RG3. He hasn't even been the problem.....

RG3

R.Rice, MJD, GioBernard, Joique

VJax, Bowe, Antonio Brown

Fleener, O.Daniels

4 weeks and my weekly lineups have a total of 4 TDs from my RBs and WRs combined. Missed out on the multiple TD weeks from GioBernard and Antonio Brown.

Waiting outside the door to enter. Will burst through tomorrow if TE Graham cannot outscore WR Wallace by 15+ points tonight.

And allow me to throw out a big "eat me" to Santana Moss and his goose egg. Only the 4th time since 2003 he's been blanked.

I'm actually 1-3 but my only win came because I played the lowest scoring team week 3. It's a 12 team redraft, .5 PPR, 6 pts/any TD, pretty much standard scoring for yardage, no stupid bonuses. Start: 1QB; 1 RB; 2 WR; 2 FLEX (RB, WR, TE); 1 DST; 1 K

Typical starters:

Romo/Ray Rice/Dez/Garçon/Lacy/Ridley/bengals/Blair Walsh

Bench:

Rivers/Pierre Thomas/Brandon Bolden/Ellington/Vernon Davis/Sanu/Marlon Brown/Tavon Austin

Every week I've had essentially 2 black holes in my lineup. In-game injuries haven't helped the cause, especially Lacy week 2. I'm gonna try to move one of my QBs + under-achieving RB for another decent Flex starter. Not holding my breath because in this league only QBs named Rodgers, Brees or Peyton can be moved for good value. Easily my worst results in 8+ years

Brady

Gore, Wilson, Powell, Franklin, Ball

Cobb, White, Edelman, Holmes, Blackmon, Tate

Gronk, Cook

Traded VJax and L.Miller for Cobb >week 2. Traded Mathews, Shorts, Mcgahee for Wilson, White immediately after Trent traded to Indy. Played highest scoring team 2 of the 4 weeks so far. Last in scoring...

QB - Romo/Rivers

RB - Spiller/C.Johnson/Lacy/F.Jackson/J.Bell

WR- A.Bryant/Gordon/Edelman/Boldin/TY Hilton/R.Randle

TE - Witten

D - Seattle

K- Bryant

I broke a few rules that I've followed for years that have always served me well. NEVER draft any player from a questionable offense no matter how involved they are supposed to be. Every year predraft I identify the "off limits" teams that I deem "just too horrible to produce". Buffalo was one of them. So, picking Spiller in the first round was bad enough, but packaging him with Johnson in the 3rd (on Ten, another team I ID'd as "off limits") was some of the worst GM'n ever. Romo/Dallas has sucked and I've made all the wrong "coin flip" start calls. I'll never stray from the "off limit" strategy on draft day again ever.

It's been a "perfect storm" of %#@$ drafting followed by even %#@$ier lineup calls.

Having said all that, I could have won 2 games with better lineup decisions. There's literally no chance I make the playoffs with this pile of stank, but it has tought me a couple lessons. Never stray from pre draft strategy and with an inconsistent roster like this, I'm probably better off just picking what I think is the best lineup and going with it every week. "Lineup Lottery" kills, at least me anyway.

Insult to Injury, this is my work league, so I have to face the music every Monday morning at the office.... this can't be over soon enough.

my team of busts and disappointments

Luck

D. Martin, MoJo, L. Miller

T Austin, Hartline, M. Floyd

Graham

Drafted Vereen and Amendola

PPR league:

Romo

Nicks/Jordy/Shorts/Patterson/Woods/Terr Williams/S. Hill

Spiller/Wilson/Le Bell/S-Jax/J. Franklin

Cook

Hartley

Cincy/Baltimore

My starting lineup if healthy is pretty decent but I keep coming up against a good week from opponents, second most in the league scored against me, 4th lowest scorer after week 3. I'm the only guy with no wins but the nice thing is nobody had 3 wins after week 3.

I should still be 2 games back from the playoff spots and the playoffs are week 15-17 in this one so I feel like there's a long way to go yet.

Week 5 starting Franklin and Wilson at RB might be painful but getting S-Jax/Spiller/Bell back shortly after that should give me a fighting chance!

This draft was my last one and I made some mistakes going away from my board for guys I wanted but didn't have in any other leagues. Should have taken Charles over Spiller for sure. Silly mistake.

Waiting outside the door to enter. Will burst through tomorrow if TE Graham cannot outscore WR Wallace by 15+ points tonight.

And allow me to throw out a big "eat me" to Santana Moss and his goose egg. Only the 4th time since 2003 he's been blanked.
Graham! :tebow:

Sooooo, I guess I *won't* be entering your little winless party afterall. Pay no attention to the fact that I was the 2nd lowest score of the week and just happened to play the low score of the week (and need to sweat it out on MNF, to boot). Sorry about that goose egg in the W column, fellas. I'm sure it stings. I wouldn't know.

One-and-three, baby. Or make that WON-and-three! Woo hoo!

Who's your team? What are you planning on doing? Are u still optimistic?

Kaep

Spiller

Wilson

Jizz Rodgers

Bolden

Fitz

Antonio Brown

Vjax

Steve Johnson

Jimmy Graham

Sturgis

Tampa def
Sad to say, I'm 0-4 for the first time after years of playing fantasy football. I have won the league before, which makes this especially painful. I'm sure most teams in this predicament have similar players on their rosters. FBG predicted I had a 90% chance of making the playoffs with great inseason management. So far, not so good. Here is my list of underachievers....

QB Crappernick (run Crappernick, run!)

RB Trent Richardson, CJ Spiller, David Wilson

WR Vincent Jackson, Steve Smith

TE Jimmy Graham, Tyler Eifert

Def BEARS

Kicker Bullock

Jimmy Graham has been the bright spot on this team, averaging 20 pts a week. Thank God for him. I hope things get better soon, because losing sucks big time! lol

Graham! :tebow:

Sooooo, I guess I *won't* be entering your little winless party afterall. Pay no attention to the fact that I was the 2nd lowest score of the week and just happened to play the low score of the week (and need to sweat it out on MNF, to boot). Sorry about that goose egg in the W column, fellas. I'm sure it stings. I wouldn't know.

One-and-three, baby. Or make that WON-and-three! Woo hoo!
<_< Beat it

Romo

Demaryius, Cruz, A. Brown, J. Gordon, Hartline, Hopkins

Spiller, R. Bush, B. Powell, Bolden

Cameron

I had Lamar Miller and traded him for Cameron last week. I am actually top 5 in scoring but have faced teams that blow up each week as my opponent. Typical most points scored against in the league. I am still optimistic.

Dead last in a total points dynasty league. NEEDED Kaepernick to be for real, Rice to rebound (or at least Pierce to repeat), MJD to rebound, Shorts' and /or Tate's late-2012 explosion's to be a sign of things to come and NONE of it has happened.

What further rubs salt in the wound with this team is I swear I own the "All-We-Don't-Give-A-Rat's-A$$-About-A-Matchup-Team".

I've benched Shorts/MJD one time all year so where's their biggest game gonna be? @ the Seahawks. Duh. Bench the Bengals D and they score against the Packers. Makes sense. Bench the Lions against a red-hot Cutler & Co. so of course they score. Just a comedy of errors.

QB'S TONY ROMO MATT SCHAUB COLIN KAEPERNICK

RB'S RAY RICE BILAL POWELL BERNARD PIERCE MAURICE JONES-DREW CHRIS IVORY ANDRE ELLINGTON

WR'S CALVIN JOHNSON CECIL SHORTS MARLON BROWN GOLDEN TATE MILES AUSTIN VINCENT BROWN

TE'S JASON WITTEN JARED COOK

KICKERS GREG ZUERLEIN RANDY BULLOCK

DEFENSE LIONS BENGALS

SPECIAL TEAMS PACKERS RAVENS

TAXI SQUAD ISAIAH PEAD

DEVELOPMENTAL SQUAD JUSTIN HUNTER CHRISTINE MICHAEL

Users who are viewing this thread