What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.01 pick - Did you win your superbowl this year? (1 Viewer)

If you had the 1.01, did you win the superbowl this year?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VaCatFan

Footballguy
Just wanted to see the average of how many who had the 1.01 won their leagues. I won mine, but wasn't really expected to in the beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy with the 1.01 pick in my league didn't make the playoffs, but he's in the running for the overall points title.

Yes.......He won it

He took LT 1st overall

His team was

Cutler

LT

Turner

Portis

Fitz

Megatron

Daniels

Prater

Panthers/Browns DST

I won my SB but not with my 1.01 pick, which was LT who was no help at all, played him 3 times the whole year. I got there with Fitzgerald and a bunch of waiver wire pickups. K.Warner, Slaton, C. Johnson, A. Bryant and for pure dumb luck, P. Thomas. The irony here is that my matchup was the guy at 1.02 who got ADP. He lost because of S. Smith and ADP's low scores. Of course I had Warner and he got the hook and no FPs. Week before I got in by the skin of my teeth because of Westbrook being pulled during 4th quarter. Pure Dumb Luck. But I'll take it!

Had 1.01 and won my league. Tomlinson was not stellar but he did score fine quite a few weeks.

Chris Johnson and Matt Forte were instrumental for me. Fitz was great and I picked up Antonio Bryant after week 7 for bye week help and was huge for me.

Really struggled with QB's this year with Schaub, Roethlisberger and Campbell. Just looked back and I drafted all 3 of those QB's. Earliest in 7th round.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say for a 12 team redraft that is probably right around 8.3% of teams with 1.1 won their superbowl

10-2-1...I won despite the underperformance of LT...and inconsistent midseason by Wayne (my 2nd pick).

Helps having Bush early in the year and Turner all year with DeAngelo from about week 8 on.

I would suggest a poll that ask's SuperBowl winners to simply choose where they drafted. You'll get more info.

Just my 0.02

In my re-drafts this year

1-3rd place lost in semis

2-9-9 missed playoffs

3-10-5 lost in Finals

4-Won Super Bowl

Week 16 lineup:

Schaub

LT

S Morris

K Smith

C Benson (WW)

S Smith

B Marshall

A Gonzalez

Z Miller

J Nedney

Brown D/ST (WW)

Lendale White was huge for me througout the year, but benched him for the 1st time all year in Week 16 for Benson. This made the difference between a win and a loss. Never really had a good d/st. Drafted the Colts & Broncos. Picked the Cards & Browns of waivers.

I beat our 1.01 in the championship. Felt good too, he whined all year about how he finally got the #1 pick and tomlinson is banged up. Of course, he also had turner and forte and NOT ONE OTHER INJURY ALL YEAR!

I drafted 1.01 and won my league, but it wasn't because of LT. WR's and TE's get .5 PPR, and B.Marshall and S.Smith fell to me in rounds 3 and 4 (I'm assuming their suspensions scared folks off). I also took Fitz in round 2 and Cotchery in round 5. Cutler and Warner fell to me in later rounds, and someone dropped Dallas Clark in week 4. I also took the Bears DST and the NE kicker.

Oh, and we only have to start 1 RB (flex league). I finished 12-2 and scored the most points in the regular season and playoffs.

RippedCat said:
I won my SB but not with my 1.01 pick, which was LT who was no help at all, played him 3 times the whole year. I got there with Fitzgerald and a bunch of waiver wire pickups. K.Warner, Slaton, C. Johnson, A. Bryant and for pure dumb luck, P. Thomas. The irony here is that my matchup was the guy at 1.02 who got ADP. He lost because of S. Smith and ADP's low scores. Of course I had Warner and he got the hook and no FPs. Week before I got in by the skin of my teeth because of Westbrook being pulled during 4th quarter. Pure Dumb Luck. But I'll take it!
You cant expect your little sister to make those waiver selections! And the guy who got ADP ... be nice to your pet goldfish, I know he wanted to pickup Slaton after week 1.

I did win at 1.1. LT didn't give me great production, but I could always count on 10-15 pts (non ppr) The guys who carried me are Brees, Antonio Bryant, B Marhsall, Witten at times. I rotated my #2 back all season w/ E Grahm lost for year, R Torrain for his 1 game, Peyton Hillis for his 3 games, Jonathan Stewart, and ultimately Ced Benson in the Championship. Was lucky but ended up as the #2 in points for the entire season.

Just shows that the #1 pick doesn't mean jack, it's your whole draft and working the waiver wire.

Users who are viewing this thread