What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

#1 Pick in PPR League Poll Redraft 1pt (1 Viewer)

#1 Pick in PPR League Redraft 1 pt

• Maurice Jones-Drew

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adrian Peterson

• Matt Forte

• LT

• Steven Jackson

• Chris Johnson

• Steve Slaton

• Total voters
Dynasty or redraft?

In dynasty, I took Fitz 1.02 - but then we can start up to 6 WRs.

He's not there yet, but I have a feeling that Steve Slaton becomes part of this discussion in the very near future.

I wouldn't have voted for him, but Fitz should be an option. I would take him ahead of LT, Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, and Steve Slaton.

Peterson...I've said it before, one of these year he will have a 2000 yard 28 TD year...are you sure its not this year?

Peterson...I've said it before, one of these year he will have a 2000 yard 28 TD year...are you sure its not this year?
The thing about PPR leagues is even if Peterson had an incredible year like that it would be rank like as like an average year for LT during his 6 year run of dominance. Westbrook has put similar PPG numbers and Steven Jackson 2006 would have provided you more fantasy points than a season like this-provided of course ADP is not increasing his catches.The year Eric Dickerson ran for 2,105 yards his total fantasy points would have equaled 329. LT beat that total 6 years in a row. Dickerson best fantasy season in a PPR format was by far the year before he ran for over 2,000 yards when he caught 51 passes.Unless ADP drastically increases his catches or TD's he almost has to run for 2,000 yards to justify the #1 overall pick. If ADP had run for 2,000 yards last year Forte still would have beat him in total production in PPR leagues.It's possible he can get this catches or TD's up but I don't see any reason to predict that. So I'm not going to use a pick a #1 overall pick on a player who would basically need to run for 2,000 yards to justify his draft position. I certainly think he has that type of ability but not something I want to count on.

lmao @ Drew getting more votes than the rest combined and almost all votes either him or Peterson

sheeple :unsure:

lmao @ Drew getting more votes than the rest combined and almost all votes either him or Petersonsheeple :rolleyes:
there is no other choice really.
REALLY???If Warner is healthy for another sixteen starts, FITZGERALD contendsIf Brady approaches 2007 numbers, R. MOSS contendsIf Cutler backs of the defense and checks off to him, FORTE contendsIf he is healthy and the offense hits on all cylinders, TOMLINSON could contendIf Matt Schaub plays all sixteen games for Houston, both ANDRE JOHNSON & STEVE SLATON could be thereYeah, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a MERRY FRIGGIN XMAS, still ridiculous to say no other choices

PPR...how many people on that list have had 90 catches before and are the only option on their team...as well as producing the 2nd highest PPG on the list... (and the highest guy is on a decline)

I know Fitz is a stud but whats with all the love for him over RB's like Jackson and Forte? They both will catch over 50 balls and rush for over 1100yds ......Please enlighten me......

lmao @ Drew getting more votes than the rest combined and almost all votes either him or Petersonsheeple :rolleyes:
REALLY???If Warner is healthy for another sixteen starts, FITZGERALD contendsIf Brady approaches 2007 numbers, R. MOSS contendsIf Cutler backs of the defense and checks off to him, FORTE contendsIf he is healthy and the offense hits on all cylinders, TOMLINSON could contendIf Matt Schaub plays all sixteen games for Houston, both ANDRE JOHNSON & STEVE SLATON could be thereYeah, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a MERRY FRIGGIN XMAS, still ridiculous to say no other choices
That's a lot of "if's" for me to spend the #1 pick in the draft on. I'm not talking about who will end as #1, I need someone I can get in the 1st round who puts up the most points with the least risk.For instance, in the mock draft (pay) site I use:In 335 qualifying PPR drafts run between 08/01/2009 - 08/08/2009, there have been 3 guys picked #1. AP, MJD, and Forte. That's it. In 335 drafts. Forte is carrying an ADP of 2.65 so he has been the most likely to go 3rd.No one is spending the #1 pick in the draft on Steve Slaton or Randy Moss. Let's be realistic here.

PPR...how many people on that list have had 90 catches before and are the only option on their team...as well as producing the 2nd highest PPG on the list... (and the highest guy is on a decline)
Injury risk. Give me someone who hasn't missed 8 games in the last 2 years.edit: 90 catches was an aberration, the last 2 seasons he has averaged 3.25 rec/game. there was obviously a difference in philosophy on offense in 2006. Ronnie Brown averaged 5.5 rec/game under Cameron, yet I don't think any right minded person would expect him to get close to 88 catches in a full season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Injury risk. Give me someone who hasn't missed 8 games in the last 2 years.edit: 90 catches was an aberration, the last 2 seasons he has averaged 3.25 rec/game. there was obviously a difference in philosophy on offense in 2006. Ronnie Brown averaged 5.5 rec/game under Cameron, yet I don't think any right minded person would expect him to get close to 88 catches in a full season.
Injury risk is bulls**t.Peterson is an injury risk, historically as much as Jackson. MJD has never carried a full load. Can Forte hold up with that many touches again?Any RB who starts 15+ games has a 50/50 shot to miss 4+ games the following year. Any RB that missed 4+ games has a 50/50 shot to do it again.Purely based on historical statistical analysis.

Injury risk is bulls**t.Peterson is an injury risk, historically as much as Jackson. MJD has never carried a full load. Can Forte hold up with that many touches again?Any RB who starts 15+ games has a 50/50 shot to miss 4+ games the following year. Any RB that missed 4+ games has a 50/50 shot to do it again.Purely based on historical statistical analysis.
Peterson missed 2 games in 2 years, none of which were last year. So I don't see where you get your history from.MJD has 466 touches PLUS special teams touches the last 2 seasons. Jackson has 499. MJD has shouldered just as big of a load as Jackson so your point is moot. Forte, well, we'll see but he played in every game last year and has not shown any signs that he would get hurt. Did players like Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Emmitt Smith just get lucky to not have serious recurring injuries or is there something else to it? I tend to think so players are more predispositioned to injury than others. Through body makeup or training or whatever, and I will continue to stay away from those guys.

Peterson missed 2 games in 2 years, none of which were last year. So I don't see where you get your history from.MJD has 466 touches PLUS special teams touches the last 2 seasons. Jackson has 499. MJD has shouldered just as big of a load as Jackson so your point is moot. Forte, well, we'll see but he played in every game last year and has not shown any signs that he would get hurt. Did players like Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, and Emmitt Smith just get lucky to not have serious recurring injuries or is there something else to it? I tend to think so players are more predispositioned to injury than others. Through body makeup or training or whatever, and I will continue to stay away from those guys.
Peterson missed massive amounts of time in college.And the last 3 seasons...SJax has had a full load. MJD has had a shared load and not as many touches. Try not to conveniently cherry pick windows to look at carries.Again. If you analyze every starting RB with injuries, you find that any that play the whole season have a 50/50 shot to miss 4+ games the next season.Any who miss 4+ games have a 50/50 shot to miss games the next season. We'll see.

Peterson missed massive amounts of time in college.And the last 3 seasons...SJax has had a full load. MJD has had a shared load and not as many touches. Try not to conveniently cherry pick windows to look at carries.Again. If you analyze every starting RB with injuries, you find that any that play the whole season have a 50/50 shot to miss 4+ games the next season.Any who miss 4+ games have a 50/50 shot to miss games the next season. We'll see.
In 2006 MJD was a rookie. He had 212 touches + special teams. How are you going to hold that against him, he just started in the NFL? By comparison in 2004 Jackson only had 153 touches his rookie year. That did go up to 277 in 2005, right around where MLD has been.The anomoly here is 2006 where he had 436 touches! That is only 21 less than LJ had in "the season that broke him." We're talking about a difference of just 1 touch per game! Where are the stats on RB's coming back from that many carries? Maybe St. Louis broke Steven Jackson.

Last edited by a moderator:
lmao @ Drew getting more votes than the rest combined and almost all votes either him or Petersonsheeple :thumbup:
No one is saying that no one else has a chance to finish #1, just that there aren't really any other good candidates to be drafted there. There is a big difference between the two.If you're saying that you would seriously consider taking AJ, Slaton, or Moss 1st overall in a draft then more power to ya, but don't expect many followers.

Users who are viewing this thread