What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

10 plays to gain 10 rushing yards for $10M? (1 Viewer)

Do you want to try to pick up 10 rushing yards in 10 plays for $10M?

• There's no way I could move the ball 10 yards in 10 rushing plays, just give me the $1M

• Give me the ball, I'm taking my chances for the $10M

Results are only viewable after voting.
Breaking: 10 of y’all are delusional.

I’ve seen an all pro RB get stuffed on 1st & goal at the 1 3 straight times, but you think you can get 10?

Yeah, good luck with that.
Exactly this. And that was WITH the threat of a potential pass.

Even if the OL is allowed to hold, you still have to beat at least one unguarded NFL player one on one. It would stink to lose $1M because I couldn't break free from Eli Apple.

Most NFL rbs couldn't do this and some of you had the audacity to say, maybe if I were younger. None of us could do it now or 30 years ago.

What are some of yall smoking? :lmao:
I would believe that any NFL RB behind the Phi line doing the rugby scrum for 10 consecutive plays will easily gain 10 yds against the worst D-line in the league.
An NFL RB and a lot of NFL QBs could. It takes some one with great balance and leg drive in addition to the line push.

I won’t say no one here could - I don’t know everyone’s athletic builds or training - but I think most here who think it’s achievable for them are fooling themselves. Seriously so.

It takes some one with great balance and leg drive in addition to the line push.
This is where I think we differ. That is not to say Joe Blow Message Board guy can do it but I don't think it takes 'great balance and great leg drive' from the QB spot to do this. I think the rugby scrum for the offense is a distinct advantage because they deliver the blow to the DL and can get a minimum of a yard most of the time and likely to get two or three (or more) on occasion. I believe the "QB" can just be a football holder and ride the wave for these type of gains. I equally may be wrong in this viewpoint but I think many teams will succeed at this play this year and that it wasn't just the superior Eagles line and a QB that squats 10000 lbs being the reson the Eagles were successful.

It takes some one with great balance and leg drive in addition to the line push.
This is where I think we differ. That is not to say Joe Blow Message Board guy can do it but I don't think it takes 'great balance and great leg drive' from the QB spot to do this. I think the rugby scrum for the offense is a distinct advantage because they deliver the blow to the DL and can get a minimum of a yard most of the time and likely to get two or three (or more) on occasion. I believe the "QB" can just be a football holder and ride the wave for these type of gains. I equally may be wrong in this viewpoint but I think many teams will succeed at this play this year and that it wasn't just the superior Eagles line and a QB that squats 10000 lbs being the reson the Eagles were successful.
I can give you that - but the main point here is guys on the board would be getting bent over backwards and twisted and hurt. There is some modicum of athleticism that must be present - and even guys that were relatively unathletic by NFL standards like Brady or Eli Manning are way more athletic than any of us.

Most NFL rbs couldn't do this and some of you had the audacity to say, maybe if I were younger. None of us could do it now or 30 years ago.

I would believe that any NFL RB behind the Phi line doing the rugby scrum for 10 consecutive plays will easily gain 10 yds against the worst D-line in the league.
An NFL RB and a lot of NFL QBs could. It takes some one with great balance and leg drive in addition to the line push.

I won’t say no one here could - I don’t know everyone’s athletic builds or training - but I think most here who think it’s achievable for them are fooling themselves. Seriously so.
I’d bet the under on 5 yards.

There also appears a clear assumption that this turns into rugby it seems. It is possible on one play you pop out and gain all 10 yards. Sign me up for the chance at $10M because I’m not your average yacht-owning FBG.

Sorry - just re-read OP.

10 straight handoffs and the defense knows whats coming? Why bother? Many NFL teams couldn't do that as is.
Why would this make any difference? The Eagles lined up in their wedge formation all the time on 3rd or 4th and short. The defense knew what was coming. The Eagles didn't even attempt to run something else out of that formation. 80,000 people in the stadium and 10 million people watching on TV knew what was coming. Whether it was 10 consecutive plays or 10 times in that formation over a few games when the Eagles ran that play . . . either way, defenses couldn't stop it. Except this time the Eagles (substituting one of us for Hurts) would get to pick which bottom feeder defense to go up against.
I agree with most of what you're saying, but the it would make a difference because the threat of Hurts throwing to Brown/Smith keeps the corners out of the scrum. The OP kind of ruin this by saying the defense knows it will be a run. I just don't see a feasible way to gain 10 yards given this constraint.

Reactions: JAA
Sorry - just re-read OP.

10 straight handoffs and the defense knows whats coming? Why bother? Many NFL teams couldn't do that as is.
Why would this make any difference? The Eagles lined up in their wedge formation all the time on 3rd or 4th and short. The defense knew what was coming. The Eagles didn't even attempt to run something else out of that formation. 80,000 people in the stadium and 10 million people watching on TV knew what was coming. Whether it was 10 consecutive plays or 10 times in that formation over a few games when the Eagles ran that play . . . either way, defenses couldn't stop it. Except this time the Eagles (substituting one of us for Hurts) would get to pick which bottom feeder defense to go up against.
I agree with most of what you're saying, but the it would make a difference because the threat of Hurts throwing to Brown/Smith keeps the corners out of the scrum. The OP kind of ruin this by saying the defense knows it will be a run. I just don't see a feasible way to gain 10 yards given this constraint.
One of the problems in this hypothetical exercise is how "normal" would these plays be run? For example, if I'm coaching the offense and am limited to running and plan to simply call the wedge play, I'm pulling the WRs off the field and adding more beefy offensive linemen. And while we're at it, I might even pull in some athletic defensive lineman to put in the backfield to help push the pile. Conversely, the defense would likely pull their defensive backs and go with 6 D-linemen and 5 LBers. At that point, none of that would really fall under the category of a "normal" play. In this configuration, the offense could have 10 guys weighing 3,250 lbs and the FBG representative. That would be a far cry from a normal scheme.

The best part of this whole challenge would be if someone did break off like a 12 yard run on the perfect play call and watching them slide/give themselves up and no defender was within 10 yards of them and then get up and celebrate like they just won the Superbowl.

Breaking: 10 of y’all are delusional.

I’ve seen an all pro RB get stuffed on 1st & goal at the 1 3 straight times, but you think you can get 10?

Yeah, good luck with that.
Exactly this. And that was WITH the threat of a potential pass.

Even if the OL is allowed to hold, you still have to beat at least one unguarded NFL player one on one. It would stink to lose $1M because I couldn't break free from Eli Apple.
Eli Apple isn’t meeting you at the line of scrimmage. If the first person that hits you is in the secondary on these runs congrats you are winning 10M

I don't know what I was thinking when I said an NFL back couldn't do it. :lmao:

I don't think some of you are considering the force of what 11 NFL athletes all hitting you at once feels like. Not to mention offensive linemen falling on you after the play.

I'd wager 99% of the normal population couldn't even make it to the 10th carry.

Me in my 20's, 100% go for it. Was the fastest guy on the field in school. Scored a defensive return TD in over half the games. Gimme the wildcat formation and a tiny crease to dive forward. EZ money. Today? I'm old with bad knees and slow. Zero chance unless the D wanted to let me score to get the ball back.

I don't think some of you are considering the force of what 11 NFL athletes all hitting you at once feels like. Not to mention offensive linemen falling on you after the play.

When you're doing a QB sneak, the linemen are taking the brunt of the hits. The QB is just finding a lane, getting his yard or 2 and getting down. If a small fries like Kyler Murray or Bryce Young can execute a QB sneak, and have 300 pound linemen falling on them, I think I'll be ok.

When you're doing a QB sneak, the linemen are taking the brunt of the hits. The QB is just finding a lane, getting his yard or 2 and getting down. If a small fries like Kyler Murray or Bryce Young can execute a QB sneak, and have 300 pound linemen falling on them, I think I'll be ok.
New England with Mac Jones and a high school level offensive line has started running this play successfully. Jones has a middle-age, beer-belly dad bod and is the furthest thing from an elite athlete as you can get. He has yet to be crushed and placed in an ICU. If that combination can do it, I don't see why one of us can't sub in for Mac and Cheese Jones.

If I lose a fumble, but haven’t used all 10 carries yet, do I get the ball back and get to use the rest of my attempts? Or is it over at that point?

I walk with a cane. When the defense is about to hit me and I cover the ball with both hands I'd have to drop the cane, causing me to fall over sideways.
$1 million please.
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread