What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2 Round Mock--Everyone is invited (Need someone for Green Bay) (1 Viewer)

That's what makes this interesting, though. For the most part, the teams people chose are the teams they follow and are familiar with and I'm enjoying seeing who some of them think their team is going to select and the direction they will go vs. who they would like. That was the point of this, and while not perfect, is somewhat interesting. Just because this isn't following most conventional mocks doesn't make it less likely since the real NFL draft rarely follows conventional mocks either.
No no, not saying it's "stupid" or "ridiculous" that someone isn't following a conventional draft. Just saying it's odd that Brohm went before Ryan. I personally don't think Ryan falls that far, but who knows maybe he does. Rodgers fell, Leinart fell a little, Quinn fell... anything's possible. I'm just curious if teams who need a QB this year realized he was on the board or will they look at this later and go 'oh sht I blew that one" And if they knew, why did they pass up. I like Ryan, and I'm curious what others see that I don't.

That's what makes this interesting, though. For the most part, the teams people chose are the teams they follow and are familiar with and I'm enjoying seeing who some of them think their team is going to select and the direction they will go vs. who they would like. That was the point of this, and while not perfect, is somewhat interesting. Just because this isn't following most conventional mocks doesn't make it less likely since the real NFL draft rarely follows conventional mocks either.
No no, not saying it's "stupid" or "ridiculous" that someone isn't following a conventional draft. Just saying it's odd that Brohm went before Ryan. I personally don't think Ryan falls that far, but who knows maybe he does. Rodgers fell, Leinart fell a little, Quinn fell... anything's possible. I'm just curious if teams who need a QB this year realized he was on the board or will they look at this later and go 'oh sht I blew that one" And if they knew, why did they pass up. I like Ryan, and I'm curious what others see that I don't.
Agreed all around here - I can't pass up his value at 26, but I can't totally hate on anyone who passed on him (though I'd really like to hear what the TB owner has to say).

I agree, DET did draft Stanton and CHI needs OL... but when the #1 prospect falls to you and you plan on taking a QB day 1, you change your draft strategy (see GB with Rodgers). Stanton... they had so much faith in him that even when Kitna was sucking it up they didn't even give him a try. Ryan is no guarantee, but hes better than Stanton.

Not to mention KC, ATL, BAL are all teams who could use a QB. Brohm went first in this draft, pulling an Alex Smith move like SF- and they'll get the same outcome probably.

I'd be interested to hear what the TB owner has to say- did he forget Ryan was on the board or does he think Brohm is just the better QB? Not knocking his intelligence, just kind of curious as anything is possible on draft day

Regardless, I think people are having a hard time picking who the team will actually take. I mean, if Ryan falls to KC I relly think they'll have a hard time passing him up for a T (Unless it's Long)

I'm not saying Ryan dropping is 100% out of the question, I just think after a while need out weighs draft plan when it comes to KC, CHI, MIN, TB, BAL, and even DET yes... though a case can be made for them that Stanton is their guy
It's kind of hard to "give him a try" from the IR. You might want to get your facts straight.And yes, need does outweigh draft plan. For my part, CHI NEEDS help on their line, and if Ryan is falling, there is a great chance that the 3rd and 4th guys on the board will be there in round 2, and I don't see how Ryan is that much more of a "can't miss " guy then they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised this wasn't set up as a 10 minute lime limit draft at MFL or Antsports. This is about the 50th time I'm come in to check if I'm up.

I'm surprised this wasn't set up as a 10 minute lime limit draft at MFL or Antsports. This is about the 50th time I'm come in to check if I'm up.
We've just about completed 1 round in 3 days. I think we'll complete the next round in 6 days. As long as we finish before the draft, we're fine. The fact that you've checked in 50 times probably says you aren't doing much else.I like the format and agree it will be interesting to see where the real draft falls relative to these two mocks. It's a little confusing but agree it doesn't take too much time to sort it out. We only have to make 2 picks per round (generally).

Well, you can set one up over there if you want. Or you can just track this by setting up an alert for new posts like I have and enjoy checking in to see what others are picking and what they think. Also, I've been sending PMs when its someone's turn so you can wait until you hear from me.

I drafted Brohm over Ryan because I think Brohm is the best QB in the draft. Honestly, there are only 5 players in this entire draft that I would want the Bucs to draft over Brohm (Dorsey, Chris Long, McFadden, Ellis, and Gholston). I can explain this more later on, but I'm currently at work and typing this from my phone.

I agree, DET did draft Stanton and CHI needs OL... but when the #1 prospect falls to you and you plan on taking a QB day 1, you change your draft strategy (see GB with Rodgers). Stanton... they had so much faith in him that even when Kitna was sucking it up they didn't even give him a try. Ryan is no guarantee, but hes better than Stanton.

Not to mention KC, ATL, BAL are all teams who could use a QB. Brohm went first in this draft, pulling an Alex Smith move like SF- and they'll get the same outcome probably.

I'd be interested to hear what the TB owner has to say- did he forget Ryan was on the board or does he think Brohm is just the better QB? Not knocking his intelligence, just kind of curious as anything is possible on draft day

Regardless, I think people are having a hard time picking who the team will actually take. I mean, if Ryan falls to KC I relly think they'll have a hard time passing him up for a T (Unless it's Long)

I'm not saying Ryan dropping is 100% out of the question, I just think after a while need out weighs draft plan when it comes to KC, CHI, MIN, TB, BAL, and even DET yes... though a case can be made for them that Stanton is their guy
It's kind of hard to "give him a try" from the IR. You might want to get your facts straight.And yes, need does outweigh draft plan. For my part, CHI NEEDS help on their line, and if Ryan is falling, there is a great chance that the 3rd and 4th guys on the board will be there in round 2, and I don't see how Ryan is that much more of a "can't miss " guy then they are.
I guess I was too busy watching a winning team to worry about who was on the IR or not. Even more reason for them to go after a QB in this draft- their guy was in the IR...
I drafted Brohm over Ryan because I think Brohm is the best QB in the draft. Honestly, there are only 5 players in this entire draft that I would want the Bucs to draft over Brohm (Dorsey, Chris Long, McFadden, Ellis, and Gholston). I can explain this more later on, but I'm currently at work and typing this from my phone.
Fair enough! That's what I was looking for.

I guess I was too busy watching a winning team to worry about who was on the IR or not. Even more reason for them to go after a QB in this draft- their guy was in the IR...
My point, which you obviously missed, was that you shouldn't talk about other people not paying attention and then make comments that don't fit the facts. And just so we're clear, I'm not really a Bears fan, but my team was already, and don't get an attitude because your team did well. What does that have to do with you? Congratulations on being a fan of a winning team. I'm sure everyone is proud of you.

My point, which you obviously missed, was that you shouldn't talk about other people not paying attention and then make comments that don't fit the facts. And just so we're clear, I'm not really a Bears fan, but my team was already, and don't get an attitude because your team did well. What does that have to do with you? Congratulations on being a fan of a winning team. I'm sure everyone is proud of you.
We are all part of this mock draft, it doesn't take much effort to look at the FIRST page and see who was taken. There's no excuse for not knowing who was taken ahead of you. That's just as annoying as the guy at your fanasy football draft taking someone who was taken 2 rounds ago. Pay attention if you're going to be apart of something.I think forgetting that a crappy team's backup QB went on the IR is much more forgivable that someone who is part of a group mock draft and takes someone selected 5 picks ahead of him :lmao:

I think you need to tone the tool factor down a bit...

We are all part of this mock draft, it doesn't take much effort to look at the FIRST page and see who was taken. There's no excuse for not knowing who was taken ahead of you. That's just as annoying as the guy at your fanasy football draft taking someone who was taken 2 rounds ago. Pay attention if you're going to be apart of something.I think forgetting that a crappy team's backup QB went on the IR is much more forgivable that someone who is part of a group mock draft and takes someone selected 5 picks ahead of him :thumbup:

And I think you need to lose the attitude, so let's call it even and drop this. I knew Ryan was there, but like I said before, I didn't think he was the pick for CHI at that point.

We are all part of this mock draft, it doesn't take much effort to look at the FIRST page and see who was taken. There's no excuse for not knowing who was taken ahead of you. That's just as annoying as the guy at your fanasy football draft taking someone who was taken 2 rounds ago. Pay attention if you're going to be apart of something.I think forgetting that a crappy team's backup QB went on the IR is much more forgivable that someone who is part of a group mock draft and takes someone selected 5 picks ahead of him :thumbup:

And I think you need to lose the attitude, so let's call it even and drop this. I knew Ryan was there, but like I said before, I didn't think he was the pick for CHI at that point.
No attitude, just firing back what was given to meAll I wanted to know was why people passed him up. I know I'm not right in who I think will go where- no one ever is 100% correct- so I'm just curious as to why people passed him up. If you don't like him for CHI then fine. You saw my response to TB- that's all I wanted to know, fair enough

All I wanted to know was why people passed him up. I know I'm not right in who I think will go where- no one ever is 100% correct- so I'm just curious as to why people passed him up. If you don't like him for CHI then fine. You saw my response to TB- that's all I wanted to know, fair enough
Fair enough, I'll go one further and explain why I went in a different direction with the Lions as well, now that he's off the board. It was tough to pass on Matt Ryan. I really salivated at the thought, but Detroit has so many needs, I personally felt that drafting Ryan would be merely nothing more than a band-aid. Could be a franchise player, no doubt, but if they don't surround a franchise QB with talent, he will fail. I felt OL and DE/LB was a much more pressing need at the time, and I LOVE Williams for the Lions. And in all fairness to Stanton, I really believe they MUST give him a shot. They spent a high 2nd on him, and even though the guy I felt was responsible for choosing Stanton is gone (Martz), I think they owe it to themselves to give that investment a chance.Just felt like the right pick, can't really explain any better.

All I wanted to know was why people passed him up. I know I'm not right in who I think will go where- no one ever is 100% correct- so I'm just curious as to why people passed him up. If you don't like him for CHI then fine. You saw my response to TB- that's all I wanted to know, fair enough
Fair enough, I'll go one further and explain why I went in a different direction with the Lions as well, now that he's off the board. It was tough to pass on Matt Ryan. I really salivated at the thought, but Detroit has so many needs, I personally felt that drafting Ryan would be merely nothing more than a band-aid. Could be a franchise player, no doubt, but if they don't surround a franchise QB with talent, he will fail. I felt OL and DE/LB was a much more pressing need at the time, and I LOVE Williams for the Lions. And in all fairness to Stanton, I really believe they MUST give him a shot. They spent a high 2nd on him, and even though the guy I felt was responsible for choosing Stanton is gone (Martz), I think they owe it to themselves to give that investment a chance.Just felt like the right pick, can't really explain any better.
Thanks for that. I agree with you after reading that. DET spent so many first round picks on the sexy name while neglecting surrounding talent. DET has so many holes a QB wouldn't be a quick fix. For DET's sake I hope Stanton pans out.... for GBs sake I hope he fails :rolleyes: He is a good QB though, no super star but he will be able to run an offense... kind of like a Jay Cutler type, minus the whole big baby thing

We've just about completed 1 round in 3 days. I think we'll complete the next round in 6 days. As long as we finish before the draft, we're fine. The fact that you've checked in 50 times probably says you aren't doing much else.I like the format and agree it will be interesting to see where the real draft falls relative to these two mocks. It's a little confusing but agree it doesn't take too much time to sort it out. We only have to make 2 picks per round (generally).
I don't have much to do but see this things isn't moving? PM me when I'm up. I do have better things to do.

everyone let Ryan fall because they KNEW that the Ravens would pick him at #8, so they were just being realistic that he wouldn't be there LOL

Jax will consider dealing Ryan to the QB starved team if there's anyone interested - feel free to PM if interested.
This is fine, but only for the draft that is the picks YOU would make. For the draft involving what you think the team will do, we're gonna do it without trades.

Sorry guys, not on a lot on weekends....

SD would love to trade down and get more picks. My attempts to do so havent gone well, but i did receive a nice offer of a late 2nd this year and a 1st next year. If it was an earlier 2nd I might have done it but I think SD needs more picks this year for depth at a SB run. Not many needs although CB, OT, DT, S and RB will need to be addressed. I can not take a 1st rd RB.

anyway, i think for who I would take, I have to go with Gosder Cherilus, OT Boston College

Since he is off the board already, for who SD may actually take, I think a selection of CB Brandon Flowers would be the pick (although Balmer may be a consideration.

Hope I was reading the prev picks correctly. Dallas is on the clock

With the 28th pick in the draft....

I would trade down with Seattle for their second round pick this year and first in 08.

I expect the Cowboys to take Antoine Cason, CB Arizona.

The Cowboys just miss on getting Flowers with the 28th pick and go with Cason who despite a lack of top end speed looks like he should be a capable cover guy for a while.

In these two scenarios the Cowboys if I were picking get Brandon Flowers and get extra picks and I expect them to select Desean Jackson and Antoine Cason. I wouldn't be thrilled with that as a fan, but it addresses needs with reasonable value at both spots.

I believe I'm up? I see DAL with a player selected on who HE would take with #28, but reading his post he said he'd accept my trade (2nd in 08 and 1st in 09)

Really happy I was able to trade up here. I was able to address the need for WR earlir in round 1, and I'm still working on a potential trade with that one.

Anyone interested in Devin Thomas shoot me a PM we can discuss a 2nd rounder and player or just a straight up player for him. I've sent one offer out which might be very attractive to that team.

I'm going to go ahead and beef up the defense with a guy I was going to take at my original 1st round spot. Kentwan Balmer DT Coming up with who I think is the best WR in the draft along with the 3rd best DT is a good first 2 rounds for SEA and it's definately worth giving up a 2009 first round pick. Looking at the division, I expect Seattle to make the playoffs and be in a similar spot as they are here, if not lower, so giving up an 09 first rounder isn't much of a loss

Pittsburgh:

Who I would select: It's no secret this Steelers team needs copious amounts of OL help, specifically at tackle(Faneca left, but they have a number of bodies that potentially could perform decently, if not better, at G). Having said that, with the OTs remaining I'm looking to upgrade the front 7(depth there probably being the second most glaring area of "need" for the team.) I'm tempted to take Balmer here, given the lack of quality depth Pittsburgh has on the DL, but the last 2-3 weeks I've been warming a lot to Quentin Groves. The Steelers pass rush has degraded for two straight seasons, so either would be beneficial. It's basically a coin flip to me at this point, even with Groves' apparent health concerns, so I'm going with who I think has a greater chance to be special, so I'm taking:

Quentin Groves
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Pittsburgh:

Who the Steelers would take: I'm pretty sure they'd suck it up and take Gosder Cherilus here. I wouldn't be totally disappointed with that, but I'm not sure a guy like Nicks wouldn't be just as good and could be available in the 2nd.
:thumbup:

I believe I'm up? I see DAL with a player selected on who HE would take with #28, but reading his post he said he'd accept my trade (2nd in 08 and 1st in 09)

Really happy I was able to trade up here. I was able to address the need for WR earlir in round 1, and I'm still working on a potential trade with that one.

Anyone interested in Devin Thomas shoot me a PM we can discuss a 2nd rounder and player or just a straight up player for him. I've sent one offer out which might be very attractive to that team.

I'm going to go ahead and beef up the defense with a guy I was going to take at my original 1st round spot. Kentwan Balmer DT Coming up with who I think is the best WR in the draft along with the 3rd best DT is a good first 2 rounds for SEA and it's definately worth giving up a 2009 first round pick. Looking at the division, I expect Seattle to make the playoffs and be in a similar spot as they are here, if not lower, so giving up an 09 first rounder isn't much of a loss
As far as the Cowboys thinking in this deal we get a second round pick this year where there should be a good player available. The first round pick next year could be in ANYWHERE from 10 on down. I could see the Seahawks missing the playoffs which would give great value for this move. I don't see a player left with a first round grade in my opinion and will take my chances that I can get similar value with the #55 pick (a step down but not huge in my eyes for the player I am hoping to get, I just need one of them to fall now).ETA

As a Cowboys fan I have to say I would love it if any deal like the above happens.

Flowers plus 2 yet to be made second round picks and a first round pick next year is a great haul so far in my opinion. Flowers comes in and at worst plays nickel corner or starting corner on passing downs with R. Williams going to the bench Hamlin going to SS and Henry playing FS.

I have some holes to fill still but really feel I will get good value with those picks. I think the mid-late 2nd round provides more value than the late first especially with Phillips and Stewart off the board. I would love to shop the later of the 2 picks for a veteran WR like Williams, Johnson, or Boldin but wouldn't give up more than that.

2 Round Mock--Everyone is invited

See inside for the fun

Oh man this is so much fun I don't how to contain myself. :goodposting:

2 Round Mock--Everyone is invited See inside for the funOh man this is so much fun I don't how to contain myself. :no:
Pretty pleasant to have around. Better question is why even bother to take the time to come and post this and keep checking if it's so bad for you?We can find someone else to make your picks if you prefer not to be involved....say the word.

this is a good concept, but I've completely lost track.

Good thing my next pick isn't for 25 picks or so.

With Cherilus, Groves, Balmer, and Sweed all gone, all players I would select with the 29 pick, if I was GM, I would look for a tradedown in this situation.

Since we can't do that here, the pick I would like and I think the team would pick would be: Jerod Mayo ILB Tennessee

Would provide a very good LB corp of Willis, Lawson, and Mayo for the future.

With Cherilus, Groves, Balmer, and Sweed all gone, all players I would select with the 29 pick, if I was GM, I would look for a tradedown in this situation. Since we can't do that here, the pick I would like and I think the team would pick would be: Jerod Mayo ILB TennesseeWould provide a very good LB corp of Willis, Lawson, and Mayo for the future.
The niners do not need another ILB, we allready have 4, and another decent backup can be found later in this draft.IMHO the niners have two glaring needs that are both equally as important.PASS RUSH OLB (TBC is not the answer) and a WR (im a James Hardy guy myself, but opinions varry)second major need (behind the first two #1's) is a RTim not going to name names, becuase i havent had a chance to see whose left, and i am not "the guy" to make the official pick for this thread.Just my .02BAM

With Cherilus, Groves, Balmer, and Sweed all gone, all players I would select with the 29 pick, if I was GM, I would look for a tradedown in this situation. Since we can't do that here, the pick I would like and I think the team would pick would be: Jerod Mayo ILB TennesseeWould provide a very good LB corp of Willis, Lawson, and Mayo for the future.
The niners do not need another ILB, we allready have 4, and another decent backup can be found later in this draft.IMHO the niners have two glaring needs that are both equally as important.PASS RUSH OLB (TBC is not the answer) and a WR (im a James Hardy guy myself, but opinions varry)second major need (behind the first two #1's) is a RTim not going to name names, becuase i havent had a chance to see whose left, and i am not "the guy" to make the official pick for this thread.Just my .02BAM
I don't disagree with any of this really, which why I said I would trade down in this situation if I was GM. I don't think there is value at 29 with those three major needs with the people that were already chosen. However, I do think the other ILB (Ted) position needs better player then what we have. Ulbrich and Moore were not very good last year and we are not sure what we will get from Thomas. We need someone for the future.

GB would probably trade down here too, but with take DE Calais Campbell Miami.
And how about the 2nd pick and specifying which is which?
Ted would trade down here. That would be his real move because value of the players he needs just isn't there. He'd find someone who wants Dan Connor or one of the receivers. If you demand I pick a player it would be Connor, but he would trade down.

GB would probably trade down here too, but with take DE Calais Campbell Miami.
And how about the 2nd pick and specifying which is which?
Ted would trade down here. That would be his real move because value of the players he needs just isn't there. He'd find someone who wants Dan Connor or one of the receivers. If you demand I pick a player it would be Connor, but he would trade down.
I'm not "demanding" anything. It's the way it's setup and the way everyone has been doing it. I'm sorry this is difficult for you to understand and to follow along although I'm not surprised based on your previous comments. Thank you for your valuable contribution and moaning. We'll find someone else to make the remainder of Green Bay's picks so we don't have to inconvenience you and you don't have to check here anymore. I got the point that Ted Thompson would trade down as he's brilliant. Have a good day, sir.

Users who are viewing this thread