What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2008 $35,000 Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

What is your definition of "lots"? :lmao:Top shelf players going tomorrow night:CutlerMossMarshallWelker (was he popular in this contest?)Kickers?
More than the usual 1 or 2. Recent MNF cut moves have been around 5 points (definitely less than 10). I don't think that happens this week. I wouldn't be surprised if we see something more like 20 this week.One trend I am liking is that a quick browse of the Fantasystar database shows that while there are still a good number of live teams with QB 0's being logged, only a couple are near the current cut line, and most are already quite far beyond where I expect it to fall.I just looked up the cuts for weeks 1-7 from last year. Here's what things looked like (same cutoff positions as this year too!)week 1 n/aweek 2 128.3week 3 131.5week 4 113.4week 5 102.3week 6 118.7week 7 125.95Bottom line is that either NFL scoring has gotten better, or contestants have gotten smarter. This year's scoring is WAY up from last year!

Haven't figured it out BUT I'm pretty sure I'm done with this WR corp

WR - Terrell Owens - 36

WR - Jerricho Cotchery - 23

WR - Greg Jennings - 22

WR - Brandon Stokley - 5

WR - Antwaan Randle El - 4

WR - Sam Hurd - 3

WR - Antonio Bryant - 2

The fantasystar projected cutoffs increase as games are played, and in this regard are a BAD indicator. FINAL cutoff is expected to be 140-145, so you better pray.
I asked OC to change the wording in the webpage when we started it, because you are correct that the number shown is a "current" indicator of where the cut would be only if no more scoring occurred. it is NOT meant to indicate where it will finish. It does give you an indication of how the scoring looks overall though, just like Drinen's Monday morning post. You also have to then consider who is left to play in the remaining games, and their potential impact with their expected scores. So, assuming the number after the day games is about 110, I am guessing the final cut to be about 140-145.I also have no real idea of the accuracy of our weekly results until Drinen posts something for me to adjust with. Sometimes we are right on, and sometimes we are quite a bit off, due to the fact our sample isn't completely "random". Once I get the Monday post, I can hit the final cut pretty close.

126.5 with only Prater (-4) left. I was hoping to squeak thru this week as this is the last week I have any BYE players. I probably need low scoring games tonight and tomorrow night to survive...

:scared:

Sitting at 157.85 with Jay Cutler (-22.55), Maurice Morris (-11.50), and Brandon Marshall (-1.00) left. See you in week 8.

Week 8 options will be:

QB - Kurt Warner @ CAR, Jake Delhomme vs ARI (tough game for Warner, easy game for Delhomme)

RB - Clinton Portis @ DET, Maurice Jones-Drew vs CLE, Steve Slaton vs CIN, Ray Rice vs OAK, Leon Washington vs KC, Ricky Williams vs BUF, Maurice Morris @ SF (great matchups for top 3 guys)

WR - Steve Smith vs ARI, Jerricho Cotchery vs KC, Derrick Mason vs OAK, Steve Breaston @ CAR, Reggie Williams vs CLE (you can wake up next week, Jerricho)

TE - Tony Gonzalez @ NYJ, Dustin Keller vs KC (my TE's face off)

K - Kris Brown vs CIN, Jason Hanson vs WAS (both in domes)

D - New York Jets vs KC, Miami Dolphins vs BUF (always nice to face the Chiefs)

Players on bye - Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall

What is your definition of "lots"? :goodposting:Top shelf players going tomorrow night:CutlerMossMarshallWelker (was he popular in this contest?)Kickers?
More than the usual 1 or 2. Recent MNF cut moves have been around 5 points (definitely less than 10). I don't think that happens this week. I wouldn't be surprised if we see something more like 20 this week.One trend I am liking is that a quick browse of the Fantasystar database shows that while there are still a good number of live teams with QB 0's being logged, only a couple are near the current cut line, and most are already quite far beyond where I expect it to fall.I just looked up the cuts for weeks 1-7 from last year. Here's what things looked like (same cutoff positions as this year too!)week 1 n/aweek 2 128.3week 3 131.5week 4 113.4week 5 102.3week 6 118.7week 7 125.95Bottom line is that either NFL scoring has gotten better, or contestants have gotten smarter. This year's scoring is WAY up from last year!
Could be more value for the $ this year too. Guys like Slaton and Warner put up great numbers for a few bucks.

Could be more value for the $ this year too. Guys like Slaton and Warner put up great numbers for a few bucks.
there's aways a few guys that end up huge value plays every year due to changes in situation from the time the prices are established until the end of submissions. Garrard was the cheap QB last year, ADP was underpriced, and Welker was only $2 or $3. I'd bet more teams paid attention to byes than in the past, so we didn't see the huge dropoff once we hit that part of the schedule.

there's aways a few guys that end up huge value plays every year due to changes in situation from the time the prices are established until the end of submissions. Garrard was the cheap QB last year, ADP was underpriced, and Welker was only $2 or $3. I'd bet more teams paid attention to byes than in the past, so we didn't see the huge dropoff once we hit that part of the schedule.
I'm not used to seeing the IQ of thousands jump en masse, but anything is possible.

I'm not used to seeing the IQ of thousands jump en masse, but anything is possible.
well, this is the first year that the contest went basically unchanged from the prior year, so it could be that quite a few of them learned some lessons last year and applied it to this year. Of course it could be because the scoring in the NFL has gone up itself, I just don't have much motivation to check on something like that.

Current cutoff point from fantasy star is right around 115. Hopefully that is fairly accurate, because I'm currently at 120.2. If that is true, I'm pretty safe, since the cut should only get substantially moved by players like Cutler and Marshall, which get to contribute almost immediately for me.

Have a great night!

I'm at 95.60 but I have Cutler/Marshall/Prater. I might just make it this week! I knew I'd have a couple of tough weeks, but this wasn't one of em.

Done for the week at 153.7. Locking up the Titans' running game was probably my best idea. If I survive this week, they're the reason.

Sitting at 114 with Marshall (-0) to go. Thank God for those Hanson 54 yarders... I MIGHT have a chance with a big night from Marshall right?

153.70 with Watson (-2.10) to go...

Rodgers/Warner combo ($15+$5): 27.9 PPG :goodposting:

Keller/Watson combo ($2+$10): 5.1 PPG :bag:

Bironas/Gould combo ($3+$2): 12.0 PPG :thumbup:

Vikes/49ers combo ($8+$1): 9.7 PPG :unsure:

I'm hoping other Cotch owners weren't as lucky as I was this week.

Other $$ players that might be the cause of a few early "punch outs" this week:

Cotchery, Jennings, Romo, TO, Favre, Manning, Wayne, Addai, Chambers, Colston, Brees, Bush, LJ, Ronnie, and Gore (borderline bad for him).

If you made it through this week with any of these guys count your blessings!

125.95. haha this will be very very close... come on low scoring game! why does everyone seem to think the line will drive up so much more than usual this week? and how do you know how many people are still left with 0s at qb?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aound 117 with Cutler (3.15) and Gostowski (2) left. Warrick Dunn does not appear to have been scored correctly and I'm too lazy to figure out his correct score. I expect to make the cut but not by a ton.

lowest score of the year so far, and I've been sliding since week 3. :yes:

156.75 + Cutler (-Delhomme 22.55) and Marshall ( - Steve Smith NYG 7.9)

First time I'll probably use Delhomme :lmao:

Thank you CJ3, Portis, and Steve Smith (Carolina)

I'm hoping there aren't too many Cotchery and Holmes owners left. Add to that Warner, Turner, and DJackson with byes and I'm liking the unlikelihood of others having a similar roster at this point.

I'm hoping there aren't too many Cotchery and Holmes owners left. Add to that Warner, Turner, and DJackson with byes and I'm liking the unlikelihood of others having a similar roster at this point.
I have Cotchery, Warner, Turner and DJackson. 155 with Brandon Marshall (-4) and NE D (-2). :thumbup:

I have Cotchery, Warner, Turner and DJackson. 155 with Brandon Marshall (-4) and NE D (-2). :thumbup:
:rolleyes: Here's hoping you finish #2 with those 5 (not including NE D) as the core group. :bag:

Guess who else is hoping for a defensive battle tonight? Nope, not me. 14Kguy is sitting at 128.05 with only Gostkowki (-14) left. Just thought you'd all be curious.

Is FantasyStar down for everyone? I'm sweating with the only WR that did anything for me was Calvin. Plus I need Cutler (-0) just like many people.

I get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home2/fflstar/public_html/forums/Sources/QueryString.php on line 162

Is FantasyStar down for everyone? I'm sweating with the only WR that did anything for me was Calvin. Plus I need Cutler (-0) just like many people.I get this error:Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home2/fflstar/public_html/forums/Sources/QueryString.php on line 162
I am getting that error too....

With Romo and Warner out I have to rely on Orton as my crutch this coming week....
Romo and Warner are my only QB's. :shock: I would have made the cut everyweek without thier scores... but I'm sure I'll need it the week they're both out. :angry:
My QBless team came through... 181.20 with Marshall-17.5 and Prater-13. :X

Last edited by a moderator:
Is FantasyStar down for everyone? I'm sweating with the only WR that did anything for me was Calvin. Plus I need Cutler (-0) just like many people.I get this error:Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 262144 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /home2/fflstar/public_html/forums/Sources/QueryString.php on line 162
I am getting that error too....
I have OC's personal email address and I'll try to have him check into it.

Are there people on here really incapable of tabulating their own score by hand? Maybe next year, FBG can remove the automated roster/salary counters and we can drop these mathematically challenged buffoons before week 1.

Are there people on here really incapable of tabulating their own score by hand? Maybe next year, FBG can remove the automated roster/salary counters and we can drop these mathematically challenged buffoons before week 1.
Some of us have jobs.
And? Is it specifically in your contract that you can't manually calculate FF scores?
:goodposting: No. A) I'm paid to spend that time in other ways. B) Why waste the time when the site will be up eventually. C) To call people buffoons simply because they pointed out the site was down is rude and unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread