What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2010 NFL MOCK DRAFT 5 rounds (1 Viewer)

a_rackowski

Footballguy
Again - I only do this to stay up to date on the prospects and simply because I enjoy the puzzle. I wouldn't post them but the feedback helps me get a better idea of what is needed by teams and the way that their fan base might be looking. Critique away but remember Its for fun.

1.1- Rams – Sam Bradford – QB. I have to admit, someone on footballguys.com told me over a month ago that Bradford would be the pick and I totally blew him off. Looks like I owe him an apology. I didn’t see it but the logic of it all does make sense. The Rams cannot invest this kind of money into another guy on the DLINE, and not when there is so much depth at the position in this draft and its not the biggest need on their team.

1.2 - Lions – Ndamukong Suh - With Detroit completing the trade for Sims, it tells me that they are sold on another player in this draft besides OKung. I think it has to be Suh. Nobody else can match his combination of tools and technique in this years draft.

1.3 – Bucs – Gerald McCoy DL - Tampa needs to improve their defense in this years draft and they also have to add a weapon for Josh Freeman. I dont think Tampa is far from the playoffs and if they can hit this draft, they could find themselves a wildcard berth. Since its too early to fill any offensive needs here, McCoy is the best player possible and fills one of the teams primary needs.

1.4 - Redskins – Russell Okung OT - Now that the Skins got their guy at QB in McNabb, they need to find a way to protect him. I think that Okung is going to slip past Detroit now due to their looking to fill the LG spot via trade which to me means they want to use this pick for something else. If Washington signs Flozell Adams, Okung or Adams can take over at RT. They could use both.

1.5 - Chiefs – Brian Bulaga OT - Eric Berry is a possibility here but I really struggle to see a Safety go this early in a draft. Bulaga fills a major need for the team who seems to have lost hope in Albert as a LT. Bulaga will be awesome in KC.

1.6 - Seahawks - Seattle - Trent Williams OT - More than anything the Seahawks need a franchise LT. This to me makes this pick easy.

1.7 - Browns – CJ Spiller RB – I am going against everything that Mike Holmgren has done in the past here by drafting a RB in round one. But One thing he has done is shared a work load at RB. Spiller has very rare skills, skills that make him a legitimate top 10 prospect. Behind that Cleveland Offensive line, I think the sky is the limit. Jerome Harrison will still carry a large role in this offense, as Spiller can line up wide and both RBs can play at the same time. There needs to be more weapons on the offense besides Joshua Cribbs and I do not feel there is a better weapon than Spiller in this draft. If it unfolds like this, it would be very interesting to see how Cleveland handles the return duties.

1.8 - Oakland Raiders – Dez Bryant WR – Okay – its an interesting pick considering they took Heyward Bey last year. I don’t think that Bey is a bust, I think that his work ethic will turn him into a player still. What I do think about Bey though is that he is a complimentary WR. He needs a guy who is a #1 option working opposite him so that he can have time to do what he does and that’s get deep. Bey won’t make his mark running hooks and slants and going over the middle but rather by running deep fly and post patterns against single coverage and distracted safeties. I understand why Al Davis is so committed to Jamarcus Russell. He wants to play a certain brand of football and the deep ball is a huge part of that brand.

1.9 - Bills – Dan Williams DT - I am predicting that Buffalo will be trading for Jason Campbell before the draft, who is a perfect fit, considering his Syracuse roots. If they do this, then Buffalo is free to not look at Jimmy Claussen here and go with the anchor to their new 3-4 defense. Dan Williams will be a great start.

1.10 - Jacksonville Jags – Tim Tebow QB - I am a believer in Tim Tebow, along with Tony Dungy and Jon Gruden. That’s all the expert opinion I need. Even with Jimmy Claussen on the board. I did not really quite understand what Tim Tebow could mean to teams, and especially in Jacksonville FL. I think that Wayne Weaver has to take the chance on selecting Tebow because the risk of not selecting Tebow and seeing him become a star elsewhere would be too much to swallow for this franchise. Is there a bust factor for Tebow? I don’t think people of this quality become major flops. If he cant make it as a franchise QB, he would be a deadly wildcat option - perhaps the best in the league. There is no character concern and no question he is coachable. This offseason, Jacksonville has added Aaron Kampman who is going to be a huge addition to the pass rush. That was where I originally thought Jax would go with this pick. Now that has been addressed, the pick is Tebow.

1.11 - Denver Broncos – Joe Haden CB – Denver needs to inject some youth in the secondary and Haden getting to learn from Dawkins and Bailey would make an instant impact. Come draft day there will be surprises as there always is. Joe Haden and Denver is one of mine. Haden should have been a top 10 pick and when he is available here I think he is the best value on the board and Denver will jump. You can never be too talented at the CB position. McDaniels has proven that he prefers to draft players and not need fillers.

1.12 - Miami Dolphins – Eric Berry S - Miami gets to fill their biggest need with perhaps the best talent in this draft. This would create a Bill Parcells wet dream. Berry slips because I am pretty convinced that the safety position should not be going any higher in the draft.

1.13 - San Francisco – Earl Thomas S/CB - Thomas raised his stock quite a bit in recent weeks. Safety and Corner are positions that the 49ers must find a way to address in 2010. Mark Roman and Michael Lewis saw the field far too much and Earl Thomas would be an instant upgrade at Safety. With his versitiility, Thomas can help out at Corner as well. Thomas is a football player who will help this team.

1.14 - Seattle - Mike Iupati OG - I think that the Seattle run game needs to find a way to pick up the tough yards and that is going to be by running behind Mike Iupati OG. Should invoke Steve Hutchenson memories on draft day as well as 5 years from now. Adding both Williams and Iupati, with Max Unger manning the Center position is going to Sean Locklear at RG and Ray Willis at RT. This makes for a very solid unit all the way across the board and will do wonders for the Seattle Run game.

1.15 - New York Giants - Derrick Morgan DE - The Giants may value DE position more than any other in the league. Morgan has the ability to start right out of the gate and will give them some options to get rid of Umenyiora

1.16 - Tennessee Titans - Jason Pierre-Paul DE The Titans have 2 glaring needs at DE and CB. Pierre-Paul has put on some impressive displays and should have moved himself well into the first round.

1.17 - San Francisco - Jahvid Best RB - I have to admit that I am not the biggest fan of Best there is. I think he really lacks upper body strength and has obvious injury questions. That said, I looked closer at Frank Gore over the last week and he has really had alot of touches and is starting to near that point in a RB career where the decline starts. I think that Best is a perfect player for SF, who really needs a dynamic backup RB, as Coffee isnt the answer. SF really needs a return man, and there might not be a better return man than best. SF really needs a shifty back, and thats Best. Add to this the fact that Best is going to be on hand for the draft and I think the pieces add up that SF is looking at Best.

1.18 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Maurkice Pouncey OL - Steelers need help in the middle of that offensive line and there are none better than Pouncey. He can play both Guard and Center and possibly kick out to RT in a pinch. Big Ben is just as responsible for many of the sacks he takes cause he doesnt get rid of the ball, but regardless, middle of the line help is needed in Pitt.

1.19 - Atlanta Falcons - Everson Griffen DE - DE is the Falcons biggest need and I think Griffen has all the tools and weapons you look for. He has really elite strength which i think will play really well opposite John Abraham.

1.20 - Houston Texans - Ryan Matthews RB - It seems like the one thing missing from Houston is the 20 touch per game RB. Slaton sure isn't that guy and Ryan Moats isn't that guy. Matthews has done very well for himself on his pro day and in te combine looking like the type of all around RB that Matt Forte is(IMO).

1.21 - Cincinatti Bengals - Rolando McClain LB - I think that McClain would be a great fit on Cinci. Dhani Jones is a backup type player and a very good one at that. But to be able to throw out McClain and Rivers on the outside and Malaluga in the middle, you have put together one of the most dominanting units in all of football.

1.22 - New England Patriots - Brandon Graham OLB/DE - Graham would be a star in New England , who in my opinion should be looking for an edge rusher to get after the QB.

1.23 - Green Bay Packers - Kyle Wilson CB - Al Harris may or may not return. Charles Woodson is gettign up there in age and might eventually make a transition to FS. Kyle Wilson plays a brand of football that the Packers love and would allow GB to keep Tramon Williams in a nickle/backup role where he really thrives.

1.24 - Philadelphia Eagles - Carlos Dunlap DE - I like Dunlap a lot working opposite Trent Cole in Philly.

1.25 - Baltimore Ravens - Brian Price DT - I think that Price is a Stud and would be an elite end similar to Haloti Ngata .

1.26 - Arizona Cardinals - Devin McCourty CB - Someone to work opposite DMC should be something they look at. McCourty really has raised his stock and is not at all a reach at this point.

1.27 - Dallas Cowboys - Anthony Davis OT - The biggest need for Dallas is either OT or S. With Anthony Davis they get to address one of them. If Taylor Mays is here, Mays will be the pick.

1.28 - San Diego Chargers - Terrance Cody DT - Cody will come right in and fill a need for the Chargers who have backup talent at the NT position currently.

1.29 - NY Jets - Cam Thomas DT - The Jets struggled when Kris Jenkins was out. I do not think the Jets have very many immediate needs here on this team, and I think they will be bringing in a veteran pass rusher in the coming weeks at OLB. They still have Gholston and are holding out hope that he can develop. Cam Thomas will provide legitimate depth at the NT position and will be able to help keep Kris Jenkins fresh which is when he can be one of the best in the league. I think the Jets will really look to build the defensive line in this years draft.

1.30- Minnesota Vikings - Charles Brown OT - Minnesota needs to have options at Offensive Tackle moving forward. McKinney seems to have lost all motivation and getting a guy like Brown behind him will offer the Vikings some critical insurance.

1.31 - Colts - Jerry Hughes DE - This guy can get after the passer like nobody's business. I think that if you put him in a rotation with Freeney and Mathis, the Colts Pass Rush gets significantly better, even if Hughes has to come out of a 2 point stance. Hughes is a good enough athlete to play on the field along with them both.

1.32 - New Orleans Saints - Koa Misi OLB - Should team with Vilma to make an amazing tandem at the linebacker position. I have not seen Misi go any higher than this in any other Mocks, but in my opinion he is a cant miss player who is ready to contribute right away in a major position of need for the Saints. Should quickly become a fan favorite.

ROUND 2

1. St. Louis (1-15) - Arrelious Benn WR - You cannot spend the first overall pick on a QB and not work on getting him some weapons to throw to. I would be shocked if Benn hasn't moved himself into the first round, but should he be available at the top of the 2nd, I cannot see the Rams passing. With a young QB, he has to have a reliable target who knows how to run routes and can go over the middle and be reliable on 3rd and 6. Benn is that guy and in this situation could be a star.

2. Detroit (2-14) - Taylor Mays S - I think that if you could put Taylor Mays next to Louis Delmas and add in Suh, the Lions will have taken tremendous strides in improving a defense that has been towards the bottom of the league for such a long time.

3. Tampa Bay (3-13) - Demaryius Thomas WR - Tampa gets to address a major major hole on their offense with one of the elite talents in the draft when Bey Bey Thomas slips out of the first round.

4. Kansas City (4-12) - Sergio Kindle OLB - I see Kindle slipping out of the first round and into the early 2nd, and when he is available I cannot see Haley passing. Kindle is the perfect 3-4 pass rushing OLB and fills a gigantic hole for the Chiefs. On top of all that he is a first round talent.

5. PHILLY FROM Washington (4-12) - Sean Weatherspoon LB - Donovan Mcnabb was now flipped into a rookie stud OLB who is going to help this defense tremendously. I think that Philly would look hard at this guy in round 1 and when he is there in round 2 the Mcnabb trade proves to be golden for the Eagles.

6. Cleveland (5-11) - Jimmy Claussen QB - Holmgren didnt think that he loved Claussen as a first round prospect but when he is still available in the 2nd, Coach Holmgren is singing a different tune.

7. Raiders – Bruce Campbell - I just cannot see Campbell slipping any farther in this draft. Al Davis sits tight and still gets his workout warrior. Campbell will look great in silver and black.

8. San Diego * (13-3) -Montario Hardesty RB - Hardesty to me seems like he is going to have a long and productive NFL Career and could be a very special player. While he does have some question marks about his health, I think he proved in his final season that he can be a workhorse and can contribute to a team in the running and the passing game. Darren Sproles would be a fantastic change of pace guy and should Hardesty have a knee flare up, Sporles can take the pounding for a week or 2.

9. Buffalo (6-10) - Rodger Saffold OT - Buffalo misses out on Bulaga in round one, and with tackles flying off the board they know that its time to go OT here in round 2. Again keep in mind that in my mock draft I have predicted that Buffalo will be trading for Jason Campbell. If that is the case, they have addressed QB, OT, and NT so far. Still lots of work to do here.

10. Tampa Bay - from Chicago ^ (7-9) - Patrick Robinson CB - Robinson might not last this long, but he would be a great player working opposite Talib and solidify a position of weakness.

11. Miami (7-9) - Damian Williams WR - Williams should be able to help Miami as a rookie because of his abilty to run proper routes and make the consistent catch. He has big play ability and very good run after the catch skills.

12. New England - from Jacksonville^ (7-9) - Jered Odrick DE - Odrick should have been gone but he will fit in perfect as a 3-4 DE, and the Patriots look to once again resume building depth on their team these next few rounds.

13. Denver (8-8) - Mitch Pietrus OL - I think this guy helped his stock in the combine more than anyone by matching the all time record of 45 bench press. This guy has never had question marks about his pass rushing due to his natural agility but there were questions about his strength in the run game. His bench press numbers show me that he will have what it takes to move the big uglies, especially when he gets the opportunity to get some NFL coaching and trainers. His recent tryouts at Center have shown that he has gained a lot of teams attention.

14. New York Giants (8-8) - Brandon Spikes MLB - Dispite the slow times and bad combine, Spikes is going to be a awesome player in this league. The Giants NEED him to step right in as a starter, and I would anticipate Spikes being the First IDP off the board when draft time comes.

15. New England - Jermaine Gresham TE - With all the picks New England has, they have been able to really restock. Gresham has playmaking skills beyond what any of the other TEs in this draft has. This is what NE covets I think.

16. Carolina ^ (8-8) - Colt McCoy QB - The Dominoes are starting to fall. Mcnabb goes to Washinton. Claussen falls to Cleveland . Buffalo makes a move for Jason Campbell. David Garrard may now be on the market with Tim Tebow going to Jacksonville . This creates the dream scenerio for Carolina to get their QB of the future in Colt McCoy.

17. San Francisco (8-8) - Jered Veldheer OT - This is a very deep tackle class. It seems everyone has them mocked to go OT with a 1st round pick but they can find a RT right down here.

18. Kansas City - from Atlanta ^ (9-7) - Golden Tate WR - With Weis in KC now, having a player opposite Dwayne Bowe will be a key. Weis is more familiar with Tate than anyone else and I am sure he will get one of his pieces to work with. There will be a learning curve for KC Wrs and Tate might be able to step right in and perform.

19. Houston ^ (9-7) - Brandon Ghee CB - Clearly Houston needs help at CB and the sure tackling of Ghee would be a very welcome addition.

20. Pittsburgh (9-7) - Ciron Black OT - I think drafting an offensive tackle like Black, who is loaded with Power, will do alot towards helping the Steelers reestablish that power running game and begin to transition away from putting so much faith in Big Ben. Black has the potential to develop into an every year pro-bowl T.

21. New England * (10-6) - Charles Scott RB - All substance and no flash, similar to Sammy Morris but with alot more running power and hopefully spends less time in the trainers room. If Scott goes to NE, I think he becomes a work horse.

22. Cincinnati * (10-6) – Anthony McCoy TE – Marvin Lewis wants “a Man” at TE. He looks at the TE position as more of a extra blocker than he does an extra WR. McCoy fits what they do in Cincinnati to a tee.

23. Philadelphia * (11-5) - Kareem Jackson CB - Physical in your face CB who ran really surprisingly well. After trading away some depth to Cleveland , Philly will look to reestablish depth at the position with a cheaper and younger option. Jackson was somewhat of a shutdown guy at Alabama and the potential is there for him to be the same in the NFL.

24. Green Bay* (11-5) - Chad Jones SS - Replacement player for Atari Bigby who has proven to not have the speed required and has been injury prone throughout his career. I think Bigby would be a great backup player as someone who can come in and would not be exposed in limited playing time but throught a season is not an answer.

25. Baltimore * (9-7) - Syd'Quan Thompson CB - Frank Walker should be roster fodder, not a starting CB. I think that Syd'Quan Thompson is a true shutdown CB whos stock is going to rise as the draft nears.

26. Arizona * (10-6) - Daryl Washington LB - Pure football player who would find a place to start on the Cardinals defense in year one.

27. Dallas * (11-5) - Morgan Burnett S - Jerry Jones knows that he has to address the S position in the first 2 picks. Having gone OT in round one, he is going to draft Burnett in round 2. Burnett should be able to outperform the recently released Ken Hamlin.

28. Seattle (5-11) - Joe McKnight RB - Rare athlete athletically, impossible to tackle one on one in the open field. Reggie Bush without the hype and knee problems.

29. New York Jets* (9-7) - Reshad Jones FS - Replacement for Kerry Rhodes.

30. Minnesota * (12-4) Dominique Franks CB - Vikings need to address the secondary.

31. Indianapolis * (14-2) - Navarro Bowman OLB - Colts need to build up their run defense and I think Bowman can help out significantly.

32. New Orleans* (13-3) - Greg Hardy DE - Dispite signing Alex Brown to a 2 year deal, the Saints need to continue to build some depth on the defensive line. Hardy should be able to contribute immediately as a pass rush specialist while waiting behind Brown until the opportunity comes.

ROUND 3

1. St. Louis (1-15) - Corey Wootton DE - Wootten is thought by some to be the best DE in this years draft. Ideal size, he struggled with injuries much of this season and still capped 10 sacks. Wotten is a stud run stopper at the DE position and should be able to continue to develop his pass rush Skills.

2. Detroit (2-14) - Toby Gerhart RB - Gerhart might be the best RB on the roster. A workhorse in the truest sense, he will be ready to carry the rock 20 times a game and will be a huge fan favorite. He should not put the ball on the ground and will find a way to get that tough yardage. Kevin Smith will be regulated to a 3rd down back and a change of pace guy.

3. Tampa Bay (3-13) - Brandon Lafell WR - LaFell reminds me of Anquan Boldin quite a bit. Not great timed speed but has elite body control and strong hands. Runs great routes. Tampa has beat the defensive hammer so far in this draft and now is an opportunity to get Freeman a weapon on Offense.

4. Kansas City (4-12) - Rob Gronkowski TE - Gronkowski will go along way towards replacing Tony Gonzalez. KC continues to surround their guy (Matt Cassell) with weapons and Gronkowski will be a huge addition to both the Running game as well as the Passing game. In the running game, the Chiefs have really improved by moving Albert to LG, putting Bulaga at LT, and adding Gronkowski who is the equivelant of an extra lineman.

5. Oakland (5-11) - Lamarr Houston DL - I think that Houston is a very rare athlete(recruited as a FB) with the Ability to play all over the line. My opinion is that this fits in well with what the Raiders like from their Defensive linemen. Could be a huge impact player along that line with the talent that they currently have.

6. Philadelphia - from Seattle (5-11) - Jonathan Dwyer RB - Now that McNabb is not there Philly will want to take some pressure off of Kolb, especially late in games. McCoy is more of a finesse back, the Eagles would look at a guy like Dwyer to pound the ball when they have the lead.

7. Cleveland - Nate Allen FS

8. Buffalo (6-10) - Dexter McCluster RB/WR - We know Buffalo is looking for a shifty guy for the backfield and they dont make them much shiftier than McCluster. Buffalo needs to add some weapons to this offense and McCluster fits the bill to me as the best weapon available at this time in teh draft.

9. Miami (7-9) - Linval Joeseph NT - A Mammoth man, has improved each season and take conditioning serious.

10. Jacksonville - Austen Lane DE - A Division II prospect who has been compared to Justin Tuck. Someone who can learn from Aaron Kampman and perhaps push the underperformers in Jacksonville .

11. Chicago ^ (7-9) -Blair White WR - Should be a great possession guy for Jay Cutler. Surprising speed makes him an even more desirable talent.

12. New York Giants (8-8) - Tyson Alualu DT - hugely productive in College - non stop motor and never misses a game.

13. Tennessee ^ (8-8) - Donovan Warren CB - Warren is the type of physical CB the Titans like. Not afraid to come up and hit you and will play a physical brand of football.

14. Carolina ^ (8-8) - Denario Alexander WR - Athletic freak who can jump out of the gym. Should be a great red zone target.

15. San Francisco (8-8) - Tony Washington OT - Washington by all accounts did something really stupid when he was 16. However, appears to have learned from that mistake it is time to move on. His Speed and footwork are as good as any in this draft and he will project to LT in the pros.

16. Denver (8-8) - Jacoby Ford WR - Denver gets a return specialist and a guy who can keep defenses honest as a deep threat. A guy like this would really open up the field.

17. Houston ^ (9-7) - Ras I Dowling CB - Dowling might project to Safety at the next level. Even as a corner houston might have found 2 new starters with Ghee and Dowling.

18. Pittsburgh (9-7) - Alex Carrington DE

19. Atlanta ^ (9-7) - Matt Tennant C - Atlanta needs some help at Center and will be able to address it in round 3.

20. Cincinnati * (10-6) - Arthur Jones DE/DT

21. Cleveland - * (10-6) – Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - CB - With the abundance of picks that Cleveland has in this draft now only should they be able to fill major holes but they should be able to build some very solid depth.

22. Green Bay * (11-5) - Al Woods NT/DE - Green Bay takes Woods to help Ryan Pickett man the middle. Woods has the skills to play each position on the DLINE.

23. Philadelphia * (11-5) - John Jerry OG - Andy Reid loves big guys and some versitiility should help him see playing time. A road grading guard with the ability to kick to Tackle, John Jerry is a great fit for Philly.

24. Arizona - Torell Troupe DE -

25. Arizona * (10-6) - Ricky Sapp OLB - Should be an effective pass rusher for the Cards opposite Joey Porter.

26. Dallas * (11-5) - LeGarrette Blount RB - Blount looks to me like a guy who could be the eventual replacement for Marion Barber. Barber will likely have a much shorter shelf life than most RBs because of his wreckless running style.

27. San Diego * (13-3) - Mike Johnson OG - I think the SD running game needs a powerful run blocker up front and Johnson is that guy.

28. Cleveland - from New York Jets* (9-7) - Mardy Gilyard WR - CJ Spiller, Jimmy Claussen, Mardy Gilyard, and Nate Allen, this looks to be a dream draft for Cleveland.

29. Minnesota * (12-4) Sean Lee ILB - EJ Henderson has another huge injury and nobody can be sure if he will be back, or even back to form. Minnesota has a small window (assuming Brett returns) and need to protect themselves the MLB position.

30. Indianapolis * (14-2) - Vladimir Ducasse OT - A draft day steal for the Colts when Ducasse slips to the end of round 3.

31. New Orleans * (13-3) - Aaron Hernandez TE - Shockey cannot be depended upon anymore.

32. - Cincinnati - Amari Spievey Cb - Bengals have some good starting corners but the depth is very thin after that.

33. - Tennessee - Perrish Cox CB - Dispite drafting Warren from Michigan ,

34 - Atlanta - Jeremy Williams WR - Could be a very good player - productive when healthy.

ROUND 4

1. St Louis - Anthony McCoy TE - I think that St Louis will be looking for a TE here. McCoy is a blocker first and a pass Catcher 2nd, old school TE who will have good enough hands to be an effective secondary weapon in the passing game.

2. Detroit - Chris Cook S/CB

3. Tampa - Donald Butler ILB

4. Kansas City - Mike Neil DE

5. Washington - John Asamoah- OG - Washington has alot of work to do on this offensive line. Asamoah could have been gone much higher.

6. Seattle - Andre Roberts WR

7. Philadelphia - John Skelton QB

8. Oakland - Dan Lefevour QB - A polar opposite of Jamarcus Russell. Lefevour will be in a battle along with Charlie Frye and Bruce Gradkowski to have the most favorable backup QB job in football.

9. Buffalo - Eric Norwood OLB - Buffalo will be looking to add some pass rushing pieces to the defense after having added only a NT so far.

10. Jacksonville - Carlton Mitchell WR

11. Chicago - Major Wright S

12. Miami - Jimmy Graham TE

13. Tennessee - Thaddeus Gibson OLB

14. Carolina - Armanti Edwards WR/QB - Wildcat

15. San Francisco - Eric Decker WR

16. Denver - Kam Chancellor S

17.Giants - Dorin Dickerson TE

18. Steelers - Ben Tate RB

19. Atlanta - Sergio Render OG

20. Houston - Anthony Dixon RB

21. New England - Myron Rolle S - Rolle is a high character player and will make a great locker room guy. If he cant make it as a player, maybe the Patriots drafted the trainer of the future:)

22. Cincinnati - Darrell Stuckey S - Should be able to at least play as well as Roy Williams has.

23. Philadelphia - Jerome Murphy CB

24. Green Bay - Selvish Capers OT

25. Arizona - Kyle Calloway OT

26. New York Jets - Nate Byham TE - I felt this way last year and really feel this way now - the Jets are going away from Dustin Keller and need TE who is more of a blocker. I expect to see a Keller trade in the near future. Byham was once a top pass catching TE and I believe he will make for a NFL starter somewhere if not in Jersey.

27. Dallas - Vince Oghobaase DE

28. San Diego - Pat Angerer ILB

29. Seattle - Kevin Thomas CB

30. Minnesota - Geno Atkins DT

31. Indianapolis - JD Walton C

32. New Orleans - TJ Ward SS

33. Cincinnati - Tony Pike QB - Cinci must look for a capable backup to Carson Palmer.

Round 5

1. St Louis - Mike Neil DT -

2. Seattle - Sean Lissemore DT

3. Cleveland - Jason Worilds OLB

4. Washington - Dekoda Watson OLB

5. Kansas City - Jamar Chaney ILB - Defensive MVP of the senior Bowl. Should make for a good Pro.

6. Philly - Larry Asante SS

7. Oakland - Clay Harbor FB

8. Seattle - Myron Lewis CB

9. Buffalo - Jordan Shipley WR

10. Chicago - Nate Collins DT - has put up huge #s from the DT position. The Bears are interested.

11. Kansas City - Ted Larsen C

12. Jacksonville - Eric Olsen C

13. Kansas City - Charlie Tanner OG

14. San Francisco - Vincent Rey ILB

15. Cleveland - Dennis Pitta TE - Holmgren will come out of this draft with a TE who is going to end up surprising alot of people.

16. New York Giants - Walter McFadden CB

17. Tennessee - Taylor Price WR

18. Atlanta - Jason Fox OT

19. Houston - Brandon Lang DE

20. Pittsburgh - Javier Arenas CB

21. Cincinnati - Marshall Newhouse OG - after having waited so long to address a need they get lucky with Newhouse. They will not be looking for a starter at this position until 2011 unless someone surprises

22. Tampa Bay - Kurt Coleman SS

23. Green Bay - Clifton Geathers DE

24. Pittsburgh - Alterraun Verner CB

25. Baltimore - D'Anthony Smith DE - Would be an end in the Ravens 3-4. Very impressive Athlete.

26 Baltimore - Tony Moeaki TE

27. Oakland - Robert Johnson FS

28. San Diego - Levi Brown QB

29. Cleveland - Dez Briscoe WR

30. Minnesota - Ben Burney CB

31. Indianapolis - CJ Wilson DE

32. St Louis - Cody Grimm S/LB - Will be a special teams warrior.

33. Pittsburgh - Zane Beadles OG

34. Atlanta - Jermaine Cunningham DE

35. Pittsburgh - Jonathan Crompton QB

36. Minnesota - Levi Horn OT

37. San Diego - Mike Williams WR

38. Green Bay - Travis Ivey NT

Rams

Sam Bradford QB

Arrelious Benn WR

Corey Wootten DE

Anthony McCoy TE

Mike Neil DT

Cody Grimm ST/LB/S

Lions

Ndamukong Suh DT

Taylor Mays S

Toby Gerhart RB

Chris Cook CB/S

Tampa

Gerald McCoy DL

Demaryius Thomas WR

Patrick Robinson CB

Brandon Lafell WR

Donald Butler ILB

Kurt Coleman SS

Redskins

Russell Okung OT

John Asamoah- OG

Dekoda Watson OLB

Chiefs

Brian Bulaga OT

Sergio Kindle OLB

Golden Tate WR

Rob Gronkowski TE

Mike Neil DE

Jamal Chaney ILB

Charlie Tanner OG

Ted Larsen C

Seahawks

Trent Williams OT

Mike Iupati OG

Joe McKnight RB

Andre Roberts WR

Kevin Thomas CB

Sean Lissemore DT

Myron Lewis CB

Browns

CJ Spiller RB

Jimmy Claussen QB

Nate Allen S

Akwasi Owusu-Ansah - CB

Mardy Gilyard WR

Jason Worilds OLB

Dennis Pitta TE

Raiders

Dez Bryant WR

Bruce Campbell OT

Lamarr Houston DL

Dan Lefevour QB

Clay Harbor FB

Robert Johnson FS

Bills

Dan Williams DT

Rodger Saffold OT

Dexter McCluster RB/WR

Eric Norwood OLB

Jordan Shipley WR

Jaguars

Tim Tebow QB

Austen Lane DE

Carlton Mitchell WR

Eric Olsen C

Bears

Blair White WR

Major Wright S

Nate Collins DT

Dolphins

Eric Berry S

Damian Williams WR

Linval Joeseph NT

Jimmy Graham TE

Titans

Jason Pierre-Paul DE

Donovan Warren CB

Thaddeus Gibson OLB

Taylor Price WR

Broncos

Joe Haden CB

Mitch Pietrus OL

Jacoby Ford WR

Kam Chancellor S

Giants

Derrick Morgan DE

Brandon Spikes MLB

Tyson Alualu DT

Dorin Dickerson TE

Walter McFadden CB

Panthers

Colt McCoy QB

Denario Alexander WR

Armanti Edwards WR/QB

49ers

Earl Thomas S

Jahvid Best RB

Jered Veldheer OT

Tony Washington OT

Eric Decker WR

Vincent Rey ILB

Steelers

Maurkice Pouncey OL

Ciron Black OT

Alex Carrington DE

Ben Tate RB

Javier Arenas CB

Alterraun Verner CB

Zane Beadles OG

Jonathan Crompton QB

Falcons

Everson Griffen DE

Matt Tennant C

Jeremy Williams WR

Sergio Render OG

Jason Fox OT

Jermaine Cunningham DE

Texans

Ryan Matthews RB

Brandon Ghee CB

Ras I Dowling CB

Anthony Dixon RB

Brandon Lang DE

Patriots

Brandon Graham OLB/DE

Jered Odrick DE

Jermaine Gresham TE

Charles Scott RB

Myron Rolle S

Bengals

Rolando McClain LB

Anthony McCoy TE

Arthur Jones DE/DT

Amari Spievey Cb

Darrell Stuckey S

Tony Pike QB

Marshall Newhouse OG

Packers

Kyle Wilson CB

Chad Jones SS

Al Woods NT

Selvish Capers OT

Clifton Geathers DE

Travis Ivey DE

Cardinals

Devin McCourty CB

Daryl Washington LB

Torell Troupe DE

Ricky Sapp OLB

Kyle Calloway OT

Eagles

Carlos Dunlap DE

Sean Weatherspoon LB

Kareem Jackson CB

Jonathan Dwyer RB

John Jerry OG

John Skelton QB

Jerome Murphey CB

Larry Ashante SS

Ravens

Brian Price DT

Syd'Quan Thompson CB

D'Anthony Smith DE

Tony Moeaki TE

Cowboys

Anthony Davis OT

Morgan Burnett S

LeGarrette Blount RB

Vince Oghobaase DE

Chargers

Terrance Cody NT

Montario Hardesty RB

Mike Johnson OG

Pat Angerer ILB

Levi Brown QB

Mike Williams WR

Vikings

Charles Brown OT

Dominique Franks CB

Sean Lee ILB

Geno Atkins DT

Ben Burney CB

Jets

Cam Thomas NT

Reshad Jones FS

Jeff Owens DE

Nate Byham TE

Colts

Jerry Hughes DE

Navarro Bowman OLB

JD Walton C

Vladimir Ducasse OL

CJ Wilson DE

Saints

Koa Misi OLB

Greg Hardy DE

Aaron Hernandez TE

TJ Ward SS

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither Linval nor Alualu will make it to the 3rd

Ben Tate won't make it to the 4th and could very well go in the 2nd

Exceptional job.

Like the Dez Bryant curveball to Oakland. Just speaking from the perspective of MY team, I could see ALL those picks happening, including Dez. Props for the effort. Oh, and the post above mine is crap.

Nice job.

If this comes to fruition I will do the first backflip of my life:

Redskins

Russell Okung OT

John Asamoah- OG

Dekoda Watson OLB

Not to be picky, but you have Anthony McCoy going twice (Rams and Bengals). Otherwise, great job.
I was just about to post that. McCoy going:
22. Cincinnati * (10-6) – Anthony McCoy TE – Marvin Lewis wants “a Man” at TE. He looks at the TE position as more of a extra blocker than he does an extra WR. McCoy fits what they do in Cincinnati to a tee.
And then with the first pick of the 4th to the Rams. But otherwise a really good write up. My only other concern is it is very likely that the Rams will go RB in the 2nd or third. They have just a single weapon on offense who has been in the league a while who doesn't always avoid contact. They lose SJax and they pick fist again in 2011. No other back on the roster can do what SJAx can do or even spell him adequately. Also, Devaney was qouted as saying that they would be going RB early. The quote came about 6 weeks ago from a "guy who was at a restaurant with him picking his brain and then posted the conversation on line." Sounds sketch but the guy said that Devaney was talking up Bradford and scoffed at taking a Dline guy with the first well before it was vogue to say such things...

This is great and thanks for posting it.

That said, I totally disagree with your take on the 49ers. But since my only complaint is with 1/32 teams, I applaud you. I sure couldn't do better.

If the draft goes this way by the Bills pick then I wouldn't mind getting Dan Williams.

But this would be worst case scenario for what I hoped the Bills would get. I'm hoping one of the guys taken before the Bills would fall with the exception of Spiller and maybe Bryant. We need an OT so bad and it's hard to get the franchise in the right direction without an offensive line.

But if we can get the NT we desperately need and then manage to get Saffold in the 2nd then I think we would at least be going in the right direction. I know Gailey wants a small scat back, but I don't think we need to spend a 3rd. We have more pressing needs especially if Lynch is on the roster. But if we can snag Norwood in the 4th then it would more than make up for it because I think Norwood is a late 2nd/ 3rd round talent.

Good effort. On the Chiefs, I could absolutely see the first two rounds. In round 3, I'd suggest Nate Allen or Joseph as more likely picks than a TE. Their starting safeties last year were Mike Brown and John McGraw, and they haven't done anything to upgrade. Their starting NT was Ron Edwards. Enough said.

Texans

Ryan Matthews RB

Brandon Ghee CB

Ras I Dowling CB

Anthony Dixon RB

Brandon Lang DE

No problem at the top. Think you stack drafted too early. The Texans have needs on both interior lines, one of which I hope they would address after the more obvious RB/CB things are taken care of. Their problem at CB is not depth, but really the qualty at the high end, as Quinn, Reeves and Mc Cain are all fine as number 2 through 4. If Dowling is a FS the draft makes more sense. Dixon is good in BPA sort of way, but I would be surprised with two RBs that early.

I like Pouncey and think he's in (or at least should be) the Steelers Top 5 choices for guys they could conceivably get at 18 so I like that call. Not sure they would pass up Rolando McClain if he's available at 18 like you have him though.

As a Penn St fan, I dont see Odrick dropping out of the 1st round (you have him at 2.12). I also dont think Navorro Bowman drops to 2.31.....almost a lock to go in the top half of the 2nd.

That said, good job!

Excellent job on the Jaguar picks outside of the first round. Everyone of those guys are prospects I've heard the Jaguars are interested in. The first round is a disaster and I'll just leave it at that.

Excellent job on the Jaguar picks outside of the first round. Everyone of those guys are prospects I've heard the Jaguars are interested in. The first round is a disaster and I'll just leave it at that.
I agree in a way. Garrard is pretty darn good. He was a pro bowl QB for crying out loud. But I think Tebow is going to be a really good player and think his drawing power is too big to have the pick ever be considered a disaster. Even if he busts, he probably pays for his contract.

I agree in a way. Garrard is pretty darn good. He was a pro bowl QB for crying out loud. But I think Tebow is going to be a really good player and think his drawing power is too big to have the pick ever be considered a disaster. Even if he busts, he probably pays for his contract.
Maybe. But using the #10 pick on a big time project because he "might" sell a lot of tickets is extremely risky. Especially in your mock with Berry still on the board in a huge position of need for the Jags. I like Tebow and wish him well, but I'd be beyond disappointed if the Jags took him at #10.

Rams

Sam Bradford QB

Arrelious Benn WR

Corey Wootten DE

:moneybag: :lmao: :lmao: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I would be estatic

Thanks for putting a twist on the draft, great job!!!!!!!

I agree the Browns would consider Spiller but not if Berry is on the board. They really need a playmaker in the defensive backfield. I think if Berry is gone they will try very hard to trade down, as they need immediate help at S, DE, WR, RT and future QB. Also agree Claussen would be very hard for them to pass on in round 2, though they seem to be very high on Odrick.

Loving the Philly picks. Eagles have always undervalued LBs so I think the Eagles would draft a CB before an OLB but good job with them.

VikingsCharles Brown OTDominique Franks CBSean Lee ILBGeno Atkins DTBen Burney CB
Good job. I especially like that you had the Vikes draft 2 CBs - it wouldn't surprise me if they did that. I like the OT pick in the first but Charles Brown doesn't fit the model of a Vikings LT. Vikings, under Childress have drafted 2 huge lineman. They might prefer the much bigger Bruce Campbell - not sure why you have him falling to the 2nd round. I don't know how they can pass on Jimimy Clausen either. The contract for the 30th pick is not going to break the bank even if he not a franchise QB. At same time, Childress is pretty particular about his QBs - they did not pursue Culter because they did not like his attitude. Maybe they will find something wrong with Clausen. I also think that Vikings will be looking for a guard somewhere in the top half of the draft.

I agree the Browns would consider Spiller but not if Berry is on the board. They really need a playmaker in the defensive backfield. I think if Berry is gone they will try very hard to trade down, as they need immediate help at S, DE, WR, RT and future QB. Also agree Claussen would be very hard for them to pass on in round 2, though they seem to be very high on Odrick.
:wub:

Loving the Philly picks. Eagles have always undervalued LBs so I think the Eagles would draft a CB before an OLB but good job with them.
Not bad from an Eagles standpoint, although I don't think they like Dunlap though. If Berry falls out of the top 10 (which I doubt will happen) the Eagles will trade up to get him. I would say the Eagles draft board for the 1.24 will look something like this:Eric BerryMike IupatiMaurice PounceyKyle WilsonDevin McCourtymaybe Earl Thomas somewhere in there.Weatherspoon with the 2.5 is a good need based pick and Sal Pal said they have interest in Kareem Jackson so I like that pick with their 2.23. After that, they will be taking a QB as a project to be the backup for 2011.

Maybe. But using the #10 pick on a big time project because he "might" sell a lot of tickets is extremely risky. Especially in your mock with Berry still on the board in a huge position of need for the Jags. I like Tebow and wish him well, but I'd be beyond disappointed if the Jags took him at #10.
Two separate sports business consultants estimated Tebow's impact on ticket sales at just 2000-3000 tickets. "But two of the most highly respected sports business consultants in the country are skeptical that drafting Tebow would help the Jaguars sell out Jacksonville Municipal Stadium.

Marc Ganis, the founder of Chicago-based Sportscorp Ltd. who has been involved in the development of two dozen stadiums, believes drafting Tebow would only give the Jaguars a spike of about 2,000 to 3,000 season tickets.

And Bob Leffler, the head of the Leffler agency, the largest sports entertainment advertising agency in America with 45 clients, including 27 colleges, thinks Ganis is in the right ballpark. He puts the number of tickets that drafting Tebow would sell at about 2,000."

Jersey sales would be through the roof, but I've said all along that estimates of Tebow spiking ticket sales have been exaggerated and expecting anything beyond a small spike is risky at best.

Eagles

Carlos Dunlap DE

Sean Weatherspoon LB

Kareem Jackson CB

Jonathan Dwyer RB

John Jerry OG

John Skelton QB

Jerome Murphey CB

Larry Ashante SS

If this was the Eagles draft I would be very happy even though I don't like Dunlap at all and really don't know anything about Jerome Murphy. I watch as much college as I can but really didn't any of South Florida. I love every other pick in this group and really thought each one would go higher aside from Dwyer who went about where I thought

Why I appreciate the work put into this, I think this maybe the worst mock I have looked at. Way too high on the RB's first of all

Yes, nice work, looks like it took some effort.

However, I dont agree with a lot of the 1st Rd:

Spiller to CLE==just dont see it happening. Too many holes on this team to take a RB this high. Jerome Harrison is no slouch. I can see them taking Dez befor theyd take spiller.

Teabow to JAX= Maybe in RD2, but I do not believe its possible in rd 1.

1.9 - Bills – Dan Williams DT - I am predicting that Buffalo will be trading for Jason Campbell before the draft, who is a perfect fit, considering his Syracuse roots. If they do this, then Buffalo is free to not look at Jimmy Claussen here and go with the anchor to their new 3-4 defense. Dan Williams will be a great start."

FYI=== Campbell was born in Mississpi and went to Auburn.

McNabb went to Syracuse

I hope Campbell is a BILL though

I would say the Eagles draft board for the 1.24 will look something like this:Eric BerryMike IupatiMaurice PounceyKyle WilsonDevin McCourtymaybe Earl Thomas somewhere in there.
All those guys besides McCourty will almost definitely be gone by 24th pick
I'll be very surprised if the Eagles keep the 24th pick. I see them trading up and using some of those 11 draft picks they have stockpiled.

Dolphins

Eric Berry S

Damian Williams WR

Linval Joeseph NT

Jimmy Graham TE

Not expecting it to happen but I would absolutely psyched if Erc Berry fell to the Dolphins at #12.

I dont understand why it is so hard for people to understand that Matt Moore is now officially the QB of the Panthers and there is no way they are drafting a qb in the 2nd.

1.9 - Bills – Dan Williams DT - I am predicting that Buffalo will be trading for Jason Campbell before the draft, who is a perfect fit, considering his Syracuse roots. If they do this, then Buffalo is free to not look at Jimmy Claussen here and go with the anchor to their new 3-4 defense. Dan Williams will be a great start."FYI=== Campbell was born in Mississpi and went to Auburn.
Thanks for correcting me. I should have known that.

I dont understand why it is so hard for people to understand that Matt Moore is now officially the QB of the Panthers and there is no way they are drafting a qb in the 2nd.
I thought the same thing when the Eagles took Kolb. McNabb was only 29 when they did that.

I thought the same thing when the Eagles took Kolb. McNabb was only 29 when they did that.

McNabb was getting hurt every year at that point in his career and he did not just sign a big contract like Moore. The Panthers do have a need for a backup QB just not a overwhelming need where they have to draft a 2nd on one. I am hoping that they look at Bulger. They need a DL and WR with their 2nd round pick. Possibly a safety if one falls.

That is a lot of work...

For the Packers...love the 1st round pick and I really hope he falls. I want him or McCourty in the first and think they make more sense than the 5th or lower tackle coming off the board.

In the 2nd though I think you get off track.

I like Chad Jones a lot. But not sure they go secondary/secondary in the 1st with the other issues they have.

Id prefer Daryl Washington there or Sapp (who I don't think will make it to the 3rd) or Ducasse (who again I don't think makes it to the 3rd).

McCluster is another possibility, but don't think they go that way if they get Wilson or McCourty in the 1st.

In the 3rd...if they pass on Sapp in the 2nd I would be mad enough...if they do it in the 3rd for an NT I might strangle Ted Thompson myself.

With Ducasse and Sapp still on the board...I question this 3rd rounder big time in this mock.

That is a lot of work...For the Packers...love the 1st round pick and I really hope he falls. I want him or McCourty in the first and think they make more sense than the 5th or lower tackle coming off the board.In the 2nd though I think you get off track.I like Chad Jones a lot. But not sure they go secondary/secondary in the 1st with the other issues they have.Id prefer Daryl Washington there or Sapp (who I don't think will make it to the 3rd) or Ducasse (who again I don't think makes it to the 3rd).McCluster is another possibility, but don't think they go that way if they get Wilson or McCourty in the 1st.In the 3rd...if they pass on Sapp in the 2nd I would be mad enough...if they do it in the 3rd for an NT I might strangle Ted Thompson myself.With Ducasse and Sapp still on the board...I question this 3rd rounder big time in this mock.
Id love Washington as a Packer Fan! I really felt like Brad Jones was pretty good last year though. I liked him quite a bit. The Packers secondary is getting up there in age in a hurry. Chad Jones is the kind of player that is going to put fear into WRs. a Really really aggressive hitter and great in Run support - to me, teaming him with a rangy guy like Nick Collins would be the perfect recipe. Just my opinion and you are right Ducasse very well might not make it to rnd 3.

a_rackowski said:
That is a lot of work...For the Packers...love the 1st round pick and I really hope he falls. I want him or McCourty in the first and think they make more sense than the 5th or lower tackle coming off the board.In the 2nd though I think you get off track.I like Chad Jones a lot. But not sure they go secondary/secondary in the 1st with the other issues they have.Id prefer Daryl Washington there or Sapp (who I don't think will make it to the 3rd) or Ducasse (who again I don't think makes it to the 3rd).McCluster is another possibility, but don't think they go that way if they get Wilson or McCourty in the 1st.In the 3rd...if they pass on Sapp in the 2nd I would be mad enough...if they do it in the 3rd for an NT I might strangle Ted Thompson myself.With Ducasse and Sapp still on the board...I question this 3rd rounder big time in this mock.
Id love Washington as a Packer Fan! I really felt like Brad Jones was pretty good last year though. I liked him quite a bit. The Packers secondary is getting up there in age in a hurry. Chad Jones is the kind of player that is going to put fear into WRs. a Really really aggressive hitter and great in Run support - to me, teaming him with a rangy guy like Nick Collins would be the perfect recipe. Just my opinion and you are right Ducasse very well might not make it to rnd 3.
Oh, I agree...I think Jones was pretty good and I love Chad Jones and don't think I would be disappointed there.Just don't think they go back to back secondary picks. Seems almost reactionary based on the playoff game. Though, they are needs there...I don't see them going safety that early as I think they feel ok with Bigby for now.

Users who are viewing this thread