What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

I really needed a QB for the playoff run. I was throwing up 0 or negative points most weeks from QB and barely winning games. I took a chance on two.I gave:1st Round (still have another 1st rounder)2 4th RoundI get:Flacco_______________________________________________I gave:O. Daniels (still have Gates)I get:Kolb
# of teams in the league?
12 teams. Flacco actually won me my game this week against the best team in the league simply because he gave me positive points. Turnovers are penalized heavily. I'm starting to regret the Daniels trade, but the fact I was able to scoop up Kendricks on the waiver wire for some future TE depth makes things OK. He's no Daniels, but now I have Kolb, too.

Cruz was traded tonight in one of my 12 team PPR start 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR dynasty leagues.

Team A (currently #1 seed) gave his 2012 1st, Hardesty, Ridley

Team B (currently #12) gave Cruz, Ronnie Brown

Team A had been starting Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown and Rice or Nelson at WR each week.

Cruz was traded tonight in one of my 12 team PPR start 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR dynasty leagues.Team A (currently #1 seed) gave his 2012 1st, Hardesty, RidleyTeam B (currently #12) gave Cruz, Ronnie BrownTeam A had been starting Fitzgerald, Antonio Brown and Rice or Nelson at WR each week.
I see why team B is in last place.

I am struggling this year and have had 2 of my 3 drafted RB's go on IR.

I traded DeSean Jackson for

Mikel Leshoure and Jon Baldwin.

Team A gave:

Jahvid Best

Sidney Rice

Antonio Brown

Team B gave:

Brandon Marshall

Terrell Suggs

Randy Moss

Our trade deadline has passed, but just before I gave up Matt Ryan, J. Stewart and Mario Manningham for Peyton Manning, Stevie Johnson and G. Olsen.

I took over a brutal roster in a league that requires you to start 3-4 WRs. With Mario being the best WR on the roster, I had to do something.

I have to roll with Fitzpatrick as my QB for the rest of this season after giving up Ryan, but with only a 20 point scoring difference between the two, it wasn't much of a drop off. I never had a chance at making the playoffs anyway. If Peyton returns to form, I made solid upgrades at two positions. If he doesn't, well, at least I dont have a #3WR as my #1 anymore.

'mjr said:
Our trade deadline has passed, but just before I gave up Matt Ryan, J. Stewart and Mario Manningham for Peyton Manning, Stevie Johnson and G. Olsen. I took over a brutal roster in a league that requires you to start 3-4 WRs. With Mario being the best WR on the roster, I had to do something. I have to roll with Fitzpatrick as my QB for the rest of this season after giving up Ryan, but with only a 20 point scoring difference between the two, it wasn't much of a drop off. I never had a chance at making the playoffs anyway. If Peyton returns to form, I made solid upgrades at two positions. If he doesn't, well, at least I dont have a #3WR as my #1 anymore.
Don't like this one much, especially since you are not contending.

'mjr said:
Our trade deadline has passed, but just before I gave up Matt Ryan, J. Stewart and Mario Manningham for Peyton Manning, Stevie Johnson and G. Olsen. I took over a brutal roster in a league that requires you to start 3-4 WRs. With Mario being the best WR on the roster, I had to do something. I have to roll with Fitzpatrick as my QB for the rest of this season after giving up Ryan, but with only a 20 point scoring difference between the two, it wasn't much of a drop off. I never had a chance at making the playoffs anyway. If Peyton returns to form, I made solid upgrades at two positions. If he doesn't, well, at least I dont have a #3WR as my #1 anymore.
Don't like this one much, especially since you are not contending.
Wish I could have done better, but the original roster was so bad that it had only one win last year. #1 RB was Addai. #1 WR was Mario. With the exception of Matt Ryan, most of the remaining roster was waiver wire material. I had almost nothing to trade with. Now I have Manning, Lynch, Boldin, Stevie and Dallas Clark as a core to work with for next year. I picked up 5 more wins without having the opportunity of putting Manning (obviously), Clark or Stevie into my starting lineups yet (this week will be the first I'm starting Johnson). A couple of those wins came against teams going to the playoffs. So, I'm not contending now because I started from nothing, but I think by mid-season next year, after the rookie draft, a few more trades and some WW work, I'll have this team over the .500 mark and will be able to start thinking about a strong run in 2013.

12 Team PPR.

Traded Gerhart and got a 2012 2nd (mid round).

Other team needed a RB and Gerhart has not impressed me in his limited touches.

12 Team Performance 35 player IDP $325 Cap Dynasty

Team A Traded:

A.Gates $42

2012 mid-2nd pick

Team B Traded:

T.Gonzalez $16

K.Rudolph $1

Team A wanted to cut cap and had no need for Gates, having J.Graham, J.Gresham, and T.Moeaki. Would probably have done the deal without the inclusion of Gonzalez.

This trade happend the week before adp got hurt.

I'm a big beliver in Cam Newton.

I gave

Drew Brees

Reggie bush

Dallas Clark

For

Adp

Jarrod cook

Justin tuck.

The trade looks crappy now but, I decided to trade away depth to win now.

12 Team league, i was 1 of 4 to miss the playoffs so I traded:

Tebow for 2012 1st (anywhere from 7-12, i'm guessing)

Have 4 2012 1st, including the 3rd and 4th pick. Will likely pick a QB at some point to back up Roth and Sanchez.

Brandon Marshall for 2012 #1 (no higher than #7)
Hmm
The pick could well end being #10 or #11. Very tempting...
Marshall is a Top 10 WR in my PPR league and a proven talent. Not sure I'd trade him away for a lower 1st Round pick.
To loop back to this. I pulled the trigger and traded for Marshall. The pick I gave up will be no higher than 9th, and may get lower depending on how far I progress in the playoffs. Marshall is 27 so he should still have several good years left. Also, if the QB continues to improve in Miami he could revert back to somewhere around Denver form.

'Dawg Pound 69 said:
'djb916420 said:
12 Team PPR Dynasty Team A traded: Joe FlaccoTeam B traded: Taiwan Jones
That's just stupid. Flacco has more value than that.
Hard to say that when you don't know the context of the league in which the trade took place. Perhaps the owner getting Jones also has DMC and is overstocked in QBs. I own Jones in two leagues and doubt I would done this swap unless I had injury issues at the QB position. Jones hasn't shown much but RBs with his potential upside are hard to come by cheaply.

This one was made in my league on Nov. 30th, so keep the time frame in mind; at the time the team with Jones and Nelson was 3-6 and the team with Holmes and Benson was 4-5; both out side of the the playoff hunt. Since the trade the team receiving Nelson and Jones wins 4 straight, the team trading them losses 4 straight.

Team A trades:

S. Holmes

C. Benson

for

Julio Jones

Jordy Nelson

In a PPR dynasty I play in Tebow was traded for VJax straight up. Guy getting Tebow had QB injury issues. Now I face the Tebow owner this week.

In the same league, I traded B. Powell & Roy Williams for Battle. I had RB injury issues at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to say that when you don't know the context of the league in which the trade took place. Perhaps the owner getting Jones also has DMC and is overstocked in QBs. I own Jones in two leagues and doubt I would done this swap unless I had injury issues at the QB position. Jones hasn't shown much but RBs with his potential upside are hard to come by cheaply.
Not to mention QBs are very tough to trade for proper value. Took me 3 years to move Roethlisberger.

12 team, start 1/2/3/1, .5ppr.

I give: Fitz, 1st (either 1.09 or 1.10)

I get: AJ Green, 1.04

I love Fitz, but I don't like his situation in AZ. Green has really impressed me. Based on discussions, 99% chance I can package 1.04 with another 1st I have to get 1.01 to take Richardson ( or Blackmon if he doesn't declare).

Now my WRs - Green, Julio, Antonio Brown, Crabtree, Rice, D Moore, Cobb. Really young now.

12 team, start 1/2/3/1, .5ppr. I give: Fitz, 1st (either 1.09 or 1.10)I get: AJ Green, 1.04I love Fitz, but I don't like his situation in AZ. Green has really impressed me. Based on discussions, 99% chance I can package 1.04 with another 1st I have to get 1.01 to take Richardson ( or Blackmon if he doesn't declare). Now my WRs - Green, Julio, Antonio Brown, Crabtree, Rice, D Moore, Cobb. Really young now.
WOW, you got a steal in that trade. Fitz for Green alone is more than fair, but to move up that far in the draft is a huge value.

This one was made in my league on Nov. 30th, so keep the time frame in mind; at the time the team with Jones and Nelson was 3-6 and the team with Holmes and Benson was 4-5; both out side of the the playoff hunt. Since the trade the team receiving Nelson and Jones wins 4 straight, the team trading them losses 4 straight.Team A trades:S. HolmesC. BensonforJulio JonesJordy Nelson
I wouldn't trade Julio for Holmes and benson. With Nelson included this was criminal

Team A gives:

Big Ben

Mendenhall

1.08 2012 rookie pick

Team B gives:

1.1 2012

2.1 2012

1.x 2013

Team A won the league this year and has stacked qb / rbs. Team B got last and has Fitzpatrick, Schaub, Gore, Hillis at qb/rb. Start 1 qb, 2rb, 3 wr, 1 te 1 flex that can be anything. Most teams flex a second qb.

This one was made in my league on Nov. 30th, so keep the time frame in mind; at the time the team with Jones and Nelson was 3-6 and the team with Holmes and Benson was 4-5; both out side of the the playoff hunt. Since the trade the team receiving Nelson and Jones wins 4 straight, the team trading them losses 4 straight.Team A trades:S. HolmesC. BensonforJulio JonesJordy Nelson
I wouldn't trade Julio for Holmes and benson. With Nelson included this was criminal
Yeah I wasn't too happy about it as the team that got Jones and Nelson knocked me out of the playoffs. In all fairness Jones was banged up at the time of the deal.

This thread would be more useful if it wasn't a forum for people to demonstrate their ability to fleece their leaguemates.

Mendenhall for Wells, 2012 1st round pick (position 4-7) and Greg Olsen.

No, he's really not. In leagues that start 1 QB he's just a decent backup. Bush is probably gone which leaves Taiwan backing up the injury prone DMC next year.
Taiwan is not the kind of back to get 15-20 carries a game even if DMC gets hurt next year - and since DMC is injury prone, they will bring in another back if Bush is too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread