What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Contemplating

Jacobs

for

2013 4th round

Need a Rb for this week and to possibly have for a playoff run... RB's are weak.

Contemplating Jacobsfor 2013 4th roundNeed a Rb for this week and to possibly have for a playoff run... RB's are weak.
Anyone giving up Jacobs for free should be laughed at.
He doesn't need him and trade deadline is today. He is almost 31 so I wouldn't say it's free.
A 2013 4th rounder is worth CONSIDERABLY less than holding onto a player that another team would use. A 4th-round pick TWO years from now is virtually identical to free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Contemplating Jacobsfor 2013 4th roundNeed a Rb for this week and to possibly have for a playoff run... RB's are weak.
He doesn't need him and trade deadline is today. He is almost 31 so I wouldn't say it's free.
Why are you contemplating it? For a 4th rounder 2 years away?Jacobs will not even be 30 until next summer, so saying he's "almost 31" is stretching the boundaries of "almost" a bit.

Why are you contemplating it? For a 4th rounder 2 years away?Jacobs will not even be 30 until next summer, so saying he's "almost 31" is stretching the boundaries of "almost" a bit.
Yeah realized after the fact it's not next year :bag: and I did my math wrong. He wanted a rookie rb but I wanted to hold him. I have 5 rookie rb's hoping one pans out :bag:ETA: Our draft is rookie and fa together. Not that it makes a ton of difference but it does a little

12 team ppr. QB/2RB/2WR/TE/K RB/WR/TE flex

I gave: Dion Lewis, Rob Gronkowski, '12 2nd, conditional 3rd if I win a playoff game

I received: Ryan Mathews, Tony Gonzalez

My roster now:

QB- Stafford, Kolb, Hasselbeck, Mallett (TS)

RB- Mathews, Charles (IR), Ryan Williams (TS), Starks, Battle, Donald Brown, Bernard Scott, Lumpkin, Goodson, Woodhead

WR- Wallace, Lloyd, Mike Thomas, Briscoe, Vincent Brown, Roosevelt, Sanders, Salas, Damian Williams

TE- Graham, Gonzo, Cook

K- Hanson

12 team ppr. QB/2RB/2WR/TE/K RB/WR/TE flexI gave: Dion Lewis, Rob Gronkowski, '12 2nd, conditional 3rd if I win a playoff gameI received: Ryan Mathews, Tony GonzalezMy roster now:QB- Stafford, Kolb, Hasselbeck, Mallett (TS)RB- Mathews, Charles (IR), Ryan Williams (TS), Starks, Battle, Donald Brown, Bernard Scott, Lumpkin, Goodson, WoodheadWR- Wallace, Lloyd, Mike Thomas, Briscoe, Vincent Brown, Roosevelt, Sanders, Salas, Damian WilliamsTE- Graham, Gonzo, CookK- Hanson
PPR - I would rather be starting Gronk at that flex spot than any other players on your team. You needed a RB bad, yes, but I don't think that's a championship roster. I wouldn't have made the trade, especially since I don't think it puts you over the top or anything.

12 team ppr. QB/2RB/2WR/TE/K RB/WR/TE flexI gave: Dion Lewis, Rob Gronkowski, '12 2nd, conditional 3rd if I win a playoff gameI received: Ryan Mathews, Tony GonzalezMy roster now:QB- Stafford, Kolb, Hasselbeck, Mallett (TS)RB- Mathews, Charles (IR), Ryan Williams (TS), Starks, Battle, Donald Brown, Bernard Scott, Lumpkin, Goodson, WoodheadWR- Wallace, Lloyd, Mike Thomas, Briscoe, Vincent Brown, Roosevelt, Sanders, Salas, Damian WilliamsTE- Graham, Gonzo, CookK- Hanson
PPR - I would rather be starting Gronk at that flex spot than any other players on your team. You needed a RB bad, yes, but I don't think that's a championship roster. I wouldn't have made the trade, especially since I don't think it puts you over the top or anything.
But Ryan Mathews is a better dynasty play than Gronk. As with most dynasty trades, in my mind the team that gets the best player often wins the trade, and he got the best player in this deal.

But Ryan Mathews is a better dynasty play than Gronk. As with most dynasty trades, in my mind the team that gets the best player often wins the trade, and he got the best player in this deal.
I don't know that he is. Both 2nd year guys, and Gronk is clearly elite at his position. If Gronk and Graham become Gonzalez and Gates and continue to drastically outscore others at their position now and for a decade...

I don't know that he is. Both 2nd year guys, and Gronk is clearly elite at his position. If Gronk and Graham become Gonzalez and Gates and continue to drastically outscore others at their position now and for a decade...
I love Gronk, and think he is a top 2-3 dynasty TE without a doubt. But even those guys don't often bring you top-10 RBs. I do agree, however, that his team doesn't look like a championship team.

if I could flex Gronk in a PPR, I would rather have him over Mathews in dynasty. Right now he is in the Top 12 (excluding QBs) and would be the #2 TE, #4 WR or #8 RB. He is about 30 pts higher than Mathews right now and I would bet he scores more points the rest of 2011... Mathews is dinged, behind an injured OL on a team that is stuggling. Gronk has Brady and a team on the upswing. Plus TE's have a longer career than RBs.

Of course, i build my dynasty teams around WR/QB/TE and fill in the RBs, so YMMV

Well I figured without a first now (sent in a deal for Stafford last week), I needed a RB1. I feel like Mathews gives me that when healthy. I know Gronk looks like a top 3 dynasty TE moving forward, but with the uncertainty at the RB position with injuries to JC and Ryan Williams, I felt the massive need for a RB. This might be as high as Gronk's value also gets, and I did have the same owner turn down Gronk/2nd for Best a month ago. I really like this core I have, though my depth was shallow, I felt like I've done a solid job turning around this team that has had the 1.05, 1.02, and 1.06 and have got a shot to make the playoffs for the first time and actually make an impact. I doubt I win the league, but anything can happen once you make the playoffs.

16 team PPR league

I traded: Jahvid Best, Michael Crabtree, Jacoby Ford

I received: Fred Jackson, Laurent Robinson

The team I traded to is 3-7, while I'm 7-3. My RBs now consist of Jonathan Stewart, Fred Jackson, Shane Vereen, Delone Carter, Stevan Ridley, Kevin Smith, and Jackie Battle. In other words no one I want to rely on in the playoffs. It likely will benefit both teams.

Not sure. Gronk is on pace for 1,260/14 td's and he's only 22 years old. That is a huge advantage to have at the TE position and Brady will be his qb for at least 3-5 more years so it might not be an anomaly.I think it's very close who is more valuable.

'mikel2014 said:
16 team PPR leagueI traded: Jahvid Best, Michael Crabtree, Jacoby FordI received: Fred Jackson, Laurent RobinsonThe team I traded to is 3-7, while I'm 7-3. My RBs now consist of Jonathan Stewart, Fred Jackson, Shane Vereen, Delone Carter, Stevan Ridley, Kevin Smith, and Jackie Battle. In other words no one I want to rely on in the playoffs. It likely will benefit both teams.
Wow just last year you could have gotten an early 1st for both Best and Crabtree, probably a late 1st for Ford, and Fred Jackson could would have cost a future 2nd round draft pick. Funny how fast values change in dynasty.

'moderated said:
12 team ppr. QB/2RB/2WR/TE/K RB/WR/TE flexI gave: Dion Lewis, Rob Gronkowski, '12 2nd, conditional 3rd if I win a playoff gameI received: Ryan Mathews, Tony GonzalezMy roster now:QB- Stafford, Kolb, Hasselbeck, Mallett (TS)RB- Mathews, Charles (IR), S. Jackson, Starks, , Donald Brown, Bernard Scott, Lumpkin, Goodson, WoodheadWR- Wallace, Lloyd, Mike Thomas, Briscoe, Vincent Brown, Roosevelt, Sanders, SalasTE- Graham, Gonzo, CookK- Hanson
Not sure. Gronk is on pace for 1,260/14 td's and he's only 22 years old. That is a huge advantage to have at the TE position and Brady will be his qb for at least 3-5 more years so it might not be an anomaly.I think it's very close who is more valuable.
Alright, did my last deal in that league, think I'm ready to compete.Gave: Ryan Williams, Damian Williams, Jackie BattleReceived: Stephen Jackson, '12 2nd (middle or so, team is 5-5)He had Dalton/Bradford as his QBs, his window was closing this year to win with Jackson and Benson as his RB2/RB3. Needed some youth at RB, does have some at WR.Roster updated in quote.

16 team half PPR

I just went all in for the title this year.

The following trade has been accepted, and is awaiting commissioner review:

Kaunas Buckeyes gave up:

Wells, Beanie ARI RB

Brown, Antonio PIT WR

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes

Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes

Year 2013 Round 4 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes

Year 2013 Round 5 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes

Darth Ewing Colts gave up:

Murray, DeMarco DAL RB

Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Darth Ewing Colts

Thoughts?

My roster now is

Rodgers

Matthews

Murray

Fitz

Bowe

Nicks

Bryant

Graham

16 team half PPR I just went all in for the title this year.The following trade has been accepted, and is awaiting commissioner review:Kaunas Buckeyes gave up:Wells, Beanie ARI RBBrown, Antonio PIT WRYear 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesYear 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesYear 2013 Round 4 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesYear 2013 Round 5 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesDarth Ewing Colts gave up:Murray, DeMarco DAL RBYear 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Darth Ewing ColtsThoughts?
Do you have to pay the 2013 dues in advance?

16 team half PPR I just went all in for the title this year.The following trade has been accepted, and is awaiting commissioner review:Kaunas Buckeyes gave up:Wells, Beanie ARI RBBrown, Antonio PIT WRYear 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesYear 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesYear 2013 Round 4 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesYear 2013 Round 5 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesDarth Ewing Colts gave up:Murray, DeMarco DAL RBYear 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Darth Ewing ColtsThoughts?
Yeah. I commish this league though so I have no intention of running!

I like the guy getting Wells, Brown and picks pretty significantly more. One of the few trades where I feel the team that got the best player lost on the deal. But then again, I don't know your team makeup and how much you need Murray ASAP. Wells does have a pretty nasty playoff schedule weeks 14/16.

I like the guy getting Wells, Brown and picks pretty significantly more. One of the few trades where I feel the team that got the best player lost on the deal. But then again, I don't know your team makeup and how much you need Murray ASAP. Wells does have a pretty nasty playoff schedule weeks 14/16.
Lineup is posted above btw. I felt I needed one top RB to have a dominant lineup.

I just moved Battle for Moreno in dynasty PPR.

Yes, I know he is on IR, but I am banking on him going to another team next year. No one wanted to give me anything for Battle anyway.

Been in a trade happy mood past week!

All leagues are 12 team PPR's

QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K, RB/WR/TE

Gave: Darren McFadden, Julio Jones

Received: MJD, Beanie Wells, '12 1st (Should be 1.01-1.04)

RBs were DMC, Best, Ingram, Tate, Carter, along with a bunch of unstartable people. I'm 6-5, and have the most points scored. Needed to make a move for some RBs and am thinking about swapping Damian Williams, MJD, and Beanie for Mathews, Tolbert, and Miles Austin if the owner wants to trade still. He was pretty iffy on it. Our league also has a toilet bowl, so if the team I traded finishes with one of the worst two records, then I will be guaranteed a top 4 pick.

--------------

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, RB/WR/TE

Received: Randall Cobb, '12 1st (Should be 1.08-1.12)

Gave: DeSean Jackson

Probably sold low on him, but still think I got decent value. I'm currently a 6 seed right now, but have a solid receiving core. RB core is a bit thin without a true stud so I don't figure to do much in the playoffs anyways. Just scared with how DJax's thought process in for the immediate future and of course, the concerns about the concussions

---------------

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K, RB/WR/TE

Received: Matt Forte, '12 2nd (2.02-2.04)

Gave: Andy Dalton, Peyton Hillis, 1.01

I have a two game lead in my division so trying to clinch that along with a 1st round bye. Gives me the high end RB1 that I feel like I'm missing on this team. It sucked giving away TRich/Blackmon, but I got a lot for him. Also, I'm not a Peyton Hillis believer.

16 team PPR league

Team A (6-4 and 1 game back in their division) receives:

Ryan Mathews

Mike Tolbert

2012 1st round (9-1)

2012 1st round (8-2)

Team B (8-2 and a lock for at least a wild card spot)

Chris Johnson

Hakeem Nicks

For the record I'm neither of these teams.

12 Team Dynasty PPR:

Team A gets: Jon Baldwin, 2012 1st and 3rd, 2013 1st and 2nd

Team B gets: Adrian Peterson

12 Team Dynasty PPR:Team A gets: Jon Baldwin, 2012 1st and 3rd, 2013 1st and 2ndTeam B gets: Adrian Peterson
:lmao: :lmao:
That's not necessarily that bad?
Bad.
Agreed. Horrible trade even if Peterson is the only player of any value on Team A's squad. It is hard to believe a better deal couldn't have been worked out with another owner and if not then the trade shouldn't have been made at all.

12 Team Dynasty PPR:Team A gets: Jon Baldwin, 2012 1st and 3rd, 2013 1st and 2ndTeam B gets: Adrian Peterson
Bad.
Agreed. Horrible trade even if Peterson is the only player of any value on Team A's squad. It is hard to believe a better deal couldn't have been worked out with another owner and if not then the trade shouldn't have been made at all.
In dynasty this is as bad as it gets; I imagine that team B is pretty good too. This is why bad teams seem to never get better. If I was another player in this league I would be pretty hot right now. The only way this turns out well is with a AP injury but he doesn't seem to get injured.

20 team non ppr

Gave: 2013 2nd (my team is pretty good so I'm expecting it to be 35-40)

Got: Felix Jones

Good deal for me?

Bad.
In dynasty this is as bad as it gets; I imagine that team B is pretty good too. This is why bad teams seem to never get better. If I was another player in this league I would be pretty hot right now. The only way this turns out well is with a AP injury but he doesn't seem to get injured.
Team B core:Brees/Ryan/FitzMcCoy/ADP/MJD/BestColston/S Johnson/A BrownGonzoHe has clinched his division already.

Bad.
Team B core:Brees/Ryan/FitzMcCoy/ADP/MJD/BestColston/S Johnson/A BrownGonzoHe has clinched his division already.
I take it you're in this league, and are not one of the participants in the trade; how do you feel about it?

Dun dun...DUNNNN

Dun dun...DUNNNN
As soon as I saw him go down I thought of this thread. When I was typing that an injury would be the only way to balance this trade, I felt the necessity of adding that he doesn't seem to get injured, just so I wouldn't put the kibosh on him; oh well.

I don't think the ADP trade was that bad (even before the injury). If the team is that bad, he's gotta start rebuilding sometime.

Fact of the matter is that he got 2 1st's, a 2nd, a 3rd, and Baldwin (who in my league was 3.01, so most likely either a 2nd or a 3rd).

I have ADP (team in sig) and was thinking he was worth 3 1sts during the preseason. This is pretty close and I would have been tempted.

Reality is, ADP won't last forever, and he's 26 so even though he should have a few more good years ahead of him, by the time this fantasy team comes together, odds are he will be old. The picks can be used to grab QB's and WR's to start the building process.

My trade deadline trade (before kickoff Week 10) was to get Steve Smith (Carolina) for my 2nd next year (should be late, given my team has pretty good chance at winning championship) plus Randall Cobb, plus I got to give up 2 players that would have had a 2012 salary cap impact if I had cut them outright. Thought I might have overpaid until I saw the deal above that had DJax going for Cobb and a 1st instead of a 2nd.

Even without the injury I don't think the Baldwin/Peterson deal is necessarily horrible.

Baldwin has a chance to be a 15 ppg player in PPR leagues down the road. Is it likely? Maybe not, but it's possible. If he becomes the next Roddy White or Dwayne Bowe then that deal looks pretty decent. He seems to be underrated in FF circles even though he was a first round pick. Add on the two first round picks and it's possible that the Baldwin side will actually be a big winner in the long run. Peterson has a lot of mileage and RBs don't typically last forever.

Deals involving draft picks can always swing wildly depending on what happens with those selections. I did a deal several years back where I sent Anquan Boldin for Travis Henry and a 2nd round rookie pick. Horrible trade...until the 2nd round pick became Sidney Rice. Peterson is a great player, but Baldwin, two firsts, and a second is a lot of value to dump.

To most competitive dynasty teams, draft picks are just another piece of the puzzle--and more often than not, they are the pieces that are flipped for high value, to bolster an already strong team. Baldwin was a 2nd round rookie pick in many leagues, just this year. That mid-round 1st in 2012 and mystery 1st in 2013 don't have anywhere near the value to swing this deal towards being fair. Even if you MUST rebuild and covet draft picks, this was selling low.

What I'm saying, EBF, is that for a competitive, well-built dynasty team, Baldwin and two future firsts is NOT a lot of value to "dump" for a guy like Peterson, even if he is nearing the end of his prime. The 2nd and 3rd are just throw-ins for a deal like this.

Well...part of the reason why I might like the deal more than most is because I like Baldwin more than most. Sure, he might have been a second round rookie pick in some leagues, but he was the #4 player on my board and the only RB/WR besides Ingram, Green, and Jones who was selected in the first round. For a productive collegiate with #1 WR measurables and an elite draft pedigree, he's been curiously underrated for the past 7-8 months. I still view him as a valuable commodity. There's no reason why he can't be Vincent Jackson or Marques Colston two years down the road.

I agree that the Peterson owner probably could've found a better deal, but I still think it could be close to even, if not favoring the Baldwin side. A 2nd round pick is not just a throw-in. You can quite possibly get a Jordy Nelson/DeSean Jackson/Mike Williams/Vincent Jackson/DeMarco Murray with that pick. The thing with draft picks is that individually you're unlikely to get an impact player outside the top 4-5 picks of the draft, but when you cluster 3 or 4 high picks together the odds of you hitting at least one jackpot are quite high. Between two firsts and a second, I would like my chances of getting at least one solid starter. Add Baldwin into the mix and I don't think it's a horrible deal.

Nevermind the fact that with future rookie picks there's always a chance the team you're trading with crashes out and finishes near the bottom of the standings, in which case your lottery ticket can skyrocket in value.

To most competitive dynasty teams, draft picks are just another piece of the puzzle--and more often than not, they are the pieces that are flipped for high value, to bolster an already strong team. Baldwin was a 2nd round rookie pick in many leagues, just this year. That mid-round 1st in 2012 and mystery 1st in 2013 don't have anywhere near the value to swing this deal towards being fair. Even if you MUST rebuild and covet draft picks, this was selling low.What I'm saying, EBF, is that for a competitive, well-built dynasty team, Baldwin and two future firsts is NOT a lot of value to "dump" for a guy like Peterson, even if he is nearing the end of his prime. The 2nd and 3rd are just throw-ins for a deal like this.
:goodposting: If your are going to trade ADP because you want to rebuild, you build the trade around the best young WR/RB you can get and believe in. You don't screw around with late first round draft choices.Replace Baldwin with Bryant, Julio, Maclin, etc and then you are closer to a deal that won't set your team back another several years.

Users who are viewing this thread