What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

'jeter23 said:
Whoa! Shocked you would deal Shady gb. I like getting Cam, but McCoy is a top 3 startup pick. Cam is a late 1st rounder at best. What's the rest of your roster look like?
I am kind of shocked too, but the VORP numbers made sense to me. Cam has scored more VBD, through 8 games, than Rodgers and Brady did all of last season. He is on pace to score 160+ VBD, which is 60 more than Adrian Peterson has averaged over his (amazing) career. At one point Cam was on pace for the 4th best fantasy season for a QB ever, and I don't think that has changed (I read it last week or the week before).Simply put, Cam, if he could only maintain this pace and stay healhty, would be as valuable as McCoy (Raw VBD). If he could somehow improve these numbers, we are looking at the LT of dynasty assets that just happens to be a QB. Holding that for 10 years would be worth losing McCoy, as high as I am on him.In other words...I'm drinking the Kool-Aid and will enjoy the ride.And I think Julio is worth much more than Brady - at least a round in a startup draft.As for my roster:CamMJDFreddy JacksonCJ SpillerWitten (1.5 PPR for TE; top 10 WR/TE)Steve Smith (CAR)Marques ColstonJulio JonesAnquan BoldinLance Kendricks (1.5)Kyle Rudolph (1.5)As you can see, the roster, especially my WR/TE were pretty old. Julio really adds youth and depth to the position.
I didn't see your starting requirements, but it seems like you weakened your championship chance quite a bit. Long-term I like the trade though.

Non PPR 10 team

Montana gave up:

Tolbert, Mike SDC RB

Tennessee gave up:

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Tennessee

Non PPR 10 teamMontana gave up:Tolbert, Mike SDC RBTennessee gave up:Jackson, DeSean PHI WRYear 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Tennessee
No way anyone gave up desean for Tolbert in a dynasty league.
I'm lower than most on Desean, but the thing I find hilarious is the 2012 3rd thrown in on Desean's side of the deal.I can just see it now. "Ehhh, idk man, I'm REALLY high on Tolbert. JUST for Jackson? Maybe if you sweetened the pot a bit. Then maybe I could go through with this." :lmao:

Trade last week:

Team A gives up:

Frank Gore

Mike Thomas

Pittsburgh

Team B gives up:

Daniel Thomas

Vincent Jackson

Green Bay

As Team B, I needed another running back for a title run this year with McFadden getting hurt. Vincent Jackson was WR4 behind AJ, Roddy, and Dez. Also wanted to get Pitt for the playoff weeks.

Non PPR 10 teamMontana gave up:Tolbert, Mike SDC RBTennessee gave up:Jackson, DeSean PHI WRYear 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Tennessee
I'm lower than most on Desean, but the thing I find hilarious is the 2012 3rd thrown in on Desean's side of the deal.I can just see it now. "Ehhh, idk man, I'm REALLY high on Tolbert. JUST for Jackson? Maybe if you sweetened the pot a bit. Then maybe I could go through with this." :lmao:
I'm not buying it, I think the poster is trying to work a trade and lower deseans value with someone who reads fbg's.

I'm not buying it, I think the poster is trying to work a trade and lower deseans value with someone who reads fbg's.
This really did happen if you don't believe just go to the link of the league - this league has been going on for 15 years and the guy trading for Tolbert has been there for 15 years is 6-2 this year and has made the playoffs like 8 years in a row...all that said I am shocked ... he is razor thin at RB but man this is nuts.I actually offered this guy 2 months ago Welker, P-Thomas and pick 1.10 in the rookied draft for D-Jackson and he turned me down.Whoops on his parthttp://www20.myfantasyleague.com/2011/home/20787#0

This really did happen if you don't believe just go to the link of the league - this league has been going on for 15 years and the guy trading for Tolbert has been there for 15 years is 6-2 this year and has made the playoffs like 8 years in a row...all that said I am shocked ... he is razor thin at RB but man this is nuts.I actually offered this guy 2 months ago Welker, P-Thomas and pick 1.10 in the rookied draft for D-Jackson and he turned me down.Whoops on his parthttp://www20.myfantasyleague.com/2011/home/20787#0
Wow, it is real. He might be the only person in the world to value Tolbert over desean in a dynasty league.

12 Team Salary Cap IDP Performance League

Team A

M.Vick ($10) + 2012 3rd (Bottom 6)

for

Team B

J.Freeman ($4) + K.Britt ($5) + 2012 1st (Top 6) + 2012 2nd (Middle 6)

Team A has Rodgers, Flynn, & Tebow and the best record in the league.

Team B is on the cusp of making the playoffs for the first time in 6 years, and needed a QB1.

Thoughts?
This trade has caused a bit of a stir in my league, as the assistant commissioner has even hinted that he would consider vetoing the trade (the trade involves the commissioner's team) - and bear in mind that this is a league that has never once had the commissioner veto a trade. The commissioner is upset because he doesn't believe in vetoing ANY trade unless collusion is highly suspect, and now the assistant commissioner is taking it into his own hands to consider a veto because he thinks Team B is getting swindled.Is this trade really that bad? I don't see it at all.

Three trades went down this week in my 12 team PPR league:

A gave up Whitehurst, Charlie SEA QB;Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB

B gave up Cassel, Matt KCC QB;Austin, Miles DAL WR; Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from B

C gave up Battle, Jackie KCC RB; Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from C

B gave up Starks, James GBP RB

D gave up Thomas, Daniel MIA RB;Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR;Finley, Jermichael GBP TE; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from D

B gave up Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB;Colston, Marques NOS WR;Graham, Jimmy NOS TE

'Jersey35 said:
12 Team Salary Cap IDP Performance League

Team A

M.Vick ($10) + 2012 3rd (Bottom 6)

for

Team B

J.Freeman ($4) + K.Britt ($5) + 2012 1st (Top 6) + 2012 2nd (Middle 6)

Team A has Rodgers, Flynn, & Tebow and the best record in the league.

Team B is on the cusp of making the playoffs for the first time in 6 years, and needed a QB1.

Thoughts?
This trade has caused a bit of a stir in my league, as the assistant commissioner has even hinted that he would consider vetoing the trade (the trade involves the commissioner's team) - and bear in mind that this is a league that has never once had the commissioner veto a trade. The commissioner is upset because he doesn't believe in vetoing ANY trade unless collusion is highly suspect, and now the assistant commissioner is taking it into his own hands to consider a veto because he thinks Team B is getting swindled.Is this trade really that bad? I don't see it at all.
Absolutely nothing wrong with this trade. Assistant commissioner is a doosh.

Some deals from HyperActive leagues (12 team PPR)

A gave: T Gonzalez

B gave: Benn

A gave: Stafford/2012 1st

B gave: Vick/Ray Rice

A gave: Vick/D Scott/2012 2nd

B gave: Ryan/Stewart

A gave: Holmes/L Moore/H Miller

B gave: C McCoy/Gronk/Felix

That 2nd deal is ridiculous. Seems like Stafford and a 2012 1st isn't worth Rice by himself, much less with Vick also included. I saw some talk earlier in this thread about DJax's dynasty value and I think it is a lot lower than many here seem to think. There was a guy in one of my leagues shopping him around and he couldn't get much at all for him.

I personally had to make a tough call on him as I was offered him relatively cheaply and I decided to pass. He's just not that high above replacement level in a PPR league with his lack of catches and inconsistency.

I was surprised Holmes still held that much value.

I'm going to post the Week 6-9 trades sometimes this week in all of my leagues. I did this one though.

Sent: Matt Flynn, '12 1st (anywhere from .05-.08 most likely), '12 2nd (.07-.12)

Received: Matthew Stafford

My QBs were Hasselbeck, Kolb, Flynn, Mallett. My RB's are dreadful for this year, but have JC and Ryan Williams so they should be better and I start Gronk/Graham at TE/Flex. Currently 5-4 with 3 of my 4 losses by <7 points. Felt the trade gave me a top 6 dynasty QB and if JC recovers fully, I'll have a really young core of Stafford, JC, Starks, Williams, Mike Wallace, Gronk, Graham and can fill in some pieces.

12 team PPRteam A gives up:Wes WelkerDeSean Jacksonteam B gives up:AJ GreenJonathan Stewart
Love the green Stewart side. Although welker may be better this year I'll take green by a long shot and Stewart over desean. Just don't like desean in ppr with the inconsistency and Stewart is asserting himself in Carolina as the superior back

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade last week:Team A gives up:Frank GoreMike ThomasPittsburghTeam B gives up:Daniel ThomasVincent JacksonGreen BayAs Team B, I needed another running back for a title run this year with McFadden getting hurt. Vincent Jackson was WR4 behind AJ, Roddy, and Dez. Also wanted to get Pitt for the playoff weeks.
Although it may help your championship aspirations this year, I like the other side quite a bit.

Another Gore trade for comparisonA gives GoreB gives 2012 first (mid to late; too early to tell)Dem. Thomas

Trade last week:Team A gives up:Frank GoreMike ThomasPittsburghTeam B gives up:Daniel ThomasVincent JacksonGreen BayAs Team B, I needed another running back for a title run this year with McFadden getting hurt. Vincent Jackson was WR4 behind AJ, Roddy, and Dez. Also wanted to get Pitt for the playoff weeks.
Although it may help your championship aspirations this year, I like the other side quite a bit.

To be fair, this is not a complete dynasty. We keep 12 from year to year (about half of the rosters) and starts 2 QB. I dont believe that I would have had room for Thomas. So, it basically boiled down to VJax for Gore. Granted, I lost the last two weeks with Gore including this past week while playing against VJax. The best laid plans and all...

Will take some heat for this one.

Gave Tampa Mike + 2012 2nd & 3rd rd pick

Received Eric Decker

Non-PPR dynasty

12 team pprA gave Torrey SmithB gave Greg Little & Titus Young
Wow, like this a lot for your team.
Which is his team? I like Team A on this trade.
Wasn't my trade. I like Team A's side too, but B desperately needs a WR #3 and Little/Young haven't produced like that yet, Torrey seems to be a bit more along.
I actually corrected myself in the edit-- I prefer Torrey Smith to either of the three WRs, and I generally follow the "whoever got the best player wins" rule in dynasty trades.

What's your opinion on this trade I just pulled the trigger on:

I gave

Vincent Jackson

Benjarvis Green-Ellis

2013 2nd round pick

I get

Dez Bryant

2012 3rd round pick

I'm 3-6, in rebuild mode. Team I traded with is 7-2 with a chance to win it. Thoughts?

12 Tesm PPR dynastyTeam A gives:Tampa Mike & 2 2012 2nd rd picksTeam B gives:Steve Smith (car)
This year in my start upTampa Mike was a 2nd round pick and Smith was a 11th round pick1 guy is in his early 20s the other in his early 30sI get Tampa Mike has not been good this year and Steve Smith has been great but I could never get this deal in the 1 league I have Steve Smith.At the start of the year you would have been lucky to get a 2nd for Smith and Williams would have needed muliple 1sts.

What's your opinion on this trade I just pulled the trigger on:I gaveVincent JacksonBenjarvis Green-Ellis2013 2nd round pickI getDez Bryant2012 3rd round pickI'm 3-6, in rebuild mode. Team I traded with is 7-2 with a chance to win it. Thoughts?
Good move Smurf!

'Dez said:
12 Tesm PPR dynastyTeam A gives:Tampa Mike & 2 2012 2nd rd picksTeam B gives:Steve Smith (car)
This year in my start upTampa Mike was a 2nd round pick and Smith was a 11th round pick1 guy is in his early 20s the other in his early 30sI get Tampa Mike has not been good this year and Steve Smith has been great but I could never get this deal in the 1 league I have Steve Smith.At the start of the year you would have been lucky to get a 2nd for Smith and Williams would have needed muliple 1sts.
Living in the past is a sure way to have a mediocre dynasty team. Steve Smith has considerable more value than Mike Williams, even in a dynasty.

'Dez said:
What a difference 9 weeks and a new QB makes. Smith is the #3 wr in our league and I have a nice combination of youth and veterans at wr. This deal was made with one goal: pair Welker and Smith together and make a run at the title.

'Dez said:
12 Tesm PPR dynasty

Team A gives:

Tampa Mike & 2 2012 2nd rd picks

Team B gives:

Steve Smith (car)
This year in my start upTampa Mike was a 2nd round pick and Smith was a 11th round pick1 guy is in his early 20s the other in his early 30s

I get Tampa Mike has not been good this year and Steve Smith has been great but I could never get this deal in the 1 league I have Steve Smith.

At the start of the year you would have been lucky to get a 2nd for Smith and Williams would have needed muliple 1sts.
Living in the past is a sure way to have a mediocre dynasty team. Steve Smith has considerable more value than Mike Williams, even in a dynasty.
Not if you aren't in the playoff hunt. As good as Smith is he's 33 next year and there's no telling when the wheels finally fall off.

16 team dynasty league, PPR starts next season

gave: Stewart,Mattews,Harvin,Mason Foster,2012 1st rounder(most likely 3-6),2012 2nd(11-16).

got: CJ3,Ringer,McCoy,Titus Young,Kelvin Sheperd,J.J.Watts,2013 4th rounder(early).

I have AJ,Holmes,Dez,Crabtree,Bowe,and Edwards at WR already and Bishop,Lauranits,Washington,Timmons,Hawthorne,Bowman,and Beason at LB, so it seemed like a good trade for me.

Hoping CJ3 comes around, seems like a buy low on him?

Brandon Marshall for 2012 #1 (no higher than #7)
Last year during my start up I gave up my 2011 1st (ended up being pick 12) plus a 3rd and a 4th round start up picks just for Marshall.Talk about value falling out of the sky for a guy only traded for a mid 1st.No way I sell him for that.

Last year during my start up I gave up my 2011 1st (ended up being pick 12) plus a 3rd and a 4th round start up picks just for Marshall.Talk about value falling out of the sky for a guy only traded for a mid 1st.No way I sell him for that.
I don't know why you keep comparing trades here to trades in your league in completely different situations. You made a really bad trade, no reason it should be used a measuring stick.

I don't know why you keep comparing trades here to trades in your league in completely different situations. You made a really bad trade, no reason it should be used a measuring stick.
It's HenryMuto man. That's. How. It. Works.

'jonboltz said:
'finito said:
'jonboltz said:
'jeter23 said:
'finito said:
12 team pprA gave Torrey SmithB gave Greg Little & Titus Young
Wow, like this a lot for your team.
Which is his team? I like Team A on this trade.
Wasn't my trade. I like Team A's side too, but B desperately needs a WR #3 and Little/Young haven't produced like that yet, Torrey seems to be a bit more along.
I actually corrected myself in the edit-- I prefer Torrey Smith to either of the three WRs, and I generally follow the "whoever got the best player wins" rule in dynasty trades.
I actually think Greg Little is a better long term prospect. He needs to obviously become more polished, but he's an animal when he has the ball in his hands. For this year, sure Smith seems to have more value, long term Little is a #1 and Young is a good bye week fill in on a potent offense.

Deep starting roster PPR league... (2QB/3RB/3WR)

Traded Cedric Benson

Received Carson Palmer

Traded Palmer and 1st Round Pick

Received Brandon Marshall

Deep at RB (Foster/Tate, Murray, Starks, Best/Morris, Michael Bush), but have Austin and not so deep at WR.

Users who are viewing this thread