What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread (2 Viewers)

I just made a deal I was on the fence about for awhile, still don't know if I really like it but I like the key player a lot.I gave: Josh Freeman, Mark Ingram, Johnny Knox, 1st (probably around pick 1.07-1.10), 4th forCam Newton, D.Bess, Shockey, 4th, 5thIt was hard to give up the 1st and Ingram, but if Newton keeps playing like he has, it's worth it. Could be a bad sell low, buy high.
I think you gave up a little too much. I think Cam is going to be really good for years to come, but I think you sold low on Freeman and Ingram and threw in a 1st to boot. But I am no expert and if you like Cam that much I can't blame you.

I just made a deal I was on the fence about for awhile, still don't know if I really like it but I like the key player a lot.I gave: Josh Freeman, Mark Ingram, Johnny Knox, 1st (probably around pick 1.07-1.10), 4th forCam Newton, D.Bess, Shockey, 4th, 5thIt was hard to give up the 1st and Ingram, but if Newton keeps playing like he has, it's worth it. Could be a bad sell low, buy high.
I would not have done that trade.

Sometimes you have to over-pay to get the best player in a trade. A lot of this trade is fluff--Knox, Bess, Shockey, late round picks. Even Freeman--you can get a guy to produce his numbers without much trouble. In my mind, this was basically Cam for Ingram/1st. Not bad, especially if you are contending this year and Cam is improving your chances at a title.

In my 10 team league, one of the owners was kicked out two years ago for not participating and a new owner took over, this being his second season. The team (Team A) he took over was very bad with only a few good pieces (Brees, L.Fitzgerald, and J.Stewart). He dropped to 0-7 this past week and decided to make a couple deals, as follows:

Trade 1

Team A gives up:

D.Brees, V.Cruz

Team B gives up:

K.Kolb, B.Wells, 2011 1st rd pick (team B currently at 6-1)

Trade 2

Team A gives up:

L.Fitzgerald, Green Bay D, 2011 2nd rd pick

Team C gives up:

J.Freeman, P.Harvin, J.Cook, 2011 1st rd pick (Team C currently at 6-1) (I am team C)

We have QB as a flex option with every starting qb and most legit backups rostered. If you get stuck with only one starting qb you are in big trouble. I think Team A could have gotten more value for Brees and Fitzy, but it's nice to see a bad team actually trying to build for the future instead of just fielding the same awful roster week to week, year to year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make take some flack on this one, but

Team A (me) traded

Jackie Battle

Eric Decker

Jake Locker

Team B traded

Percy Harvin

Made the deal basically because a.) Feel like there is a very good chance Tebow will suck all the value out of Decker b.) 1st round rookie QBs seem to often slip to the mid 2nd to mid 3rd in rookie drafts (got Locker in the mid 3rd) c.) I see Battle as a flex/RB3 or RB4 who has little value beyond this year and d.) It frees up two roster spots for me so it's not that far fetched to think that I'll be able to get at least one player off the wire that will have comparable value to Locker or Battle at season's end.

Edit: Might be a good topic of discussion for the Dynasty strategy thread.

In my 10 team league, one of the owners was kicked out two years ago for not participating and a new owner took over, this being his second season. The team (Team A) he took over was very bad with only a few good pieces (Brees, L.Fitzgerald, and J.Stewart). He dropped to 0-7 this past week and decided to make a couple deals, as follows:

Trade 1

Team A gives up:

D.Brees, V.Cruz

Team B gives up:

K.Kolb, B.Wells, 2011 1st rd pick (team B currently at 6-1)

Trade 2

Team A gives up:

L.Fitzgerald, Green Bay D, 2011 2nd rd pick

Team C gives up:

J.Freeman, P.Harvin, J.Cook, 2011 1st rd pick (Team C currently at 6-1) (I am team C)

We have QB as a flex option with every starting qb and most legit backups rostered. If you get stuck with only one starting qb you are in big trouble. I think Team A could have gotten more value for Brees and Fitzy, but it's nice to see a bad team actually trying to build for the future instead of just fielding the same awful roster week to week, year to year.
Those are both bad deals for him, but I agree that he probably has to "shake it up" a bit.I personally think that this is the wrong way to go about rebuilding though. I think you keep your core guys unless they only have 1 or 2 years left (Gates, Turner, Wayne, etc.). To me, Brees and Fitz still have 5+ good years left and I'd try to add around them as opposed to trading them. If you can add 1 or 2 guys to your core group each season, you can turn a team around much quicker than by giving up all your decent vets and hoping to strike gold with draft picks.

Team A gives: M. Stafford & D. CarterTeam B Gives: J. Cutler & F. GoreThoughts?
Hard to say without knowing anything about the league's size, scoring, etc. but I probably like the Gore side a little better. There's no guarantee that Stafford ends up being much better than Cutler (and I'm a Stafford owner) so the loss at QB is more than made up for with Gore being much more valuable than Carter.

Sometimes you have to over-pay to get the best player in a trade. A lot of this trade is fluff--Knox, Bess, Shockey, late round picks. Even Freeman--you can get a guy to produce his numbers without much trouble. In my mind, this was basically Cam for Ingram/1st. Not bad, especially if you are contending this year and Cam is improving your chances at a title.
I'm not contending, but I like Cam long term better than Ingram. I tend to go after franchise QBs as I'm building and get RBs later. This is the league where I stupidly traded Aaron Rodgers a couple years ago and Stafford this off season (after getting him cheaper). :bag:

12 Team ppr with standard starting requirements

Team A gave up Fitzpatrick, Ryan BUF QB;Garcon, Pierre IND WR; Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team S

Team B gave up Dalton, Andy CIN QB;Armstrong, Anthony WAS WR; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team S

Picks are from the same team - one of the league's best, so should be in the 9-12 range.

12 team ppr, 1rb/3wr/1flex

Team A gave: Miles Austin, 2012 2nd (estimate 2.1-2.4, currently 1-6)

Team B gave: Maurice Jones Drew, Nate Burleson

12 Team salary cap, IDP performance league. QB|RB|WR|WR|TE|RB/WR/TE DL|DL|LB|DB|DB|LB/DB

TEAM A gives up:

F.Jones RB Dal $6

D.Murray RB Dal $2

S.Weatherspoon $1

Team B's 2012 1st rounder (likely to be top 4)

TEAM B gives up:

A.Foster HOU RB $10

M.Crabtree SFO WR $5

M.Johnson CIN DE $3

Team A's 2012 3rd rounder (likely to be bottom 4)

Team C's 2012 3rd rounder (likely to be mid-round)

Team B is rebuilding, but this seems like a terrible trade for him. Both Foster and Crabtree are easily young enough to build a team around. Team B has a penchant for making trades for the rush he gets from wheeling and dealing, and this definitely fits that mold. Ironically, these teams had a trade earlier this season that resulted in the swapping of picks, now that team B realizes he's headed for a bad record, he wanted his pick back.

14-team PPR, 1PPR for RB/WR, 1.5 PPR for TE, 14 college players rostered:

First Trade:

Tebow

for

J.Baldwin, J.Hill, D.Brown

Second Trade:

P.Manning

Hardesty

Jacquizz

Manningham

for

Nicks

Caddy

Avant

J.Johnson

Third Trade

S.Greene

Helu

Maclin

2 2012 college picks (likely to be bottom half 7-14th pick)

for

Blackmon

Ingram

1st trade - I like getting Tebow there.

2nd trade - Nicks is by far the best player in the deal, but the next 4 players I like are all on the other side of it. Pretty even deal, but I'd probably take Nicks 10/10 times.

3rd trade - I really like Blackmon. That said, if Greene didn't suck so much I;d like the other side. Maclin's a great piece and there's a chance Blackmon ends up busting (I don't think he will). I think I take the Ingram/Blackmon side, but it's a nice deal for both most likely.

Hmmm...

I like the Baldwin side a lot more than the Tebow side of the first deal, as getting a first round WR usually > getting a first round QB. I think Baldwin is pretty undervalued at the moment. Not much love for him, and he's a pretty decent prospect.

Like the Nicks side of the second deal by a lot.

Third one is more of a puzzle for me. Leaning towards Ingram/Blackmon, but the picks could turn out to be a major factor.

Several trades across my leagues the past few days...

12 team PPR HyperActive 2

A gave Romo/Kendricks

B gave: Vick/Jenkins

B gave: Romo/Witten

C gave: Helu/Cassel/2012 1st/2nd/3rd

D gave: Turner

E gave: Ben

F gave: Gore

G gave: 2012 1st

G gave: M Morris/Carlson

H gave: Cooley

D gave: Vereen/Den Moore

B gave: Hillis

G gave: Plax

E gave: Steve Smith (PHI)

12 team PPR HyperActive 3

A gave: Ricky Williams/2012 3rd/$300 blind bid money

B gave: Alfonso Smith

A gave: Ryan/S Moss

C gave: Sanchez/Doucet

A gave: 2012 2nd

D gave: Jake Ballard

E gave: Falcons D, 2012 1st/2nd/4th

F gave: Roddy White

G gave: Plax

H gave: Cooley

12 team PPR HyperActive 4

A gave: MJD/Jennings/Karim/2012 3rd

B gave: Dan Thomas/McKnight/MSW/2012 1st

14 team PPR Developmental league (rookie picks devalued)

A gave: 2012 2nd/2013 2nd

B gave: Scott

B gave: Greene/2012 2nd

C gave: Julius Thomas/2012 1st

Hmmm...I like the Baldwin side a lot more than the Tebow side of the first deal, as getting a first round WR usually > getting a first round QB. I think Baldwin is pretty undervalued at the moment. Not much love for him, and he's a pretty decent prospect. Like the Nicks side of the second deal by a lot. Third one is more of a puzzle for me. Leaning towards Ingram/Blackmon, but the picks could turn out to be a major factor.
First, I was the guy getting Tebow. More of the boom factor here and looking for a push this year. Only way this trade blows up is if Tebow flops and Baldwin comes on very strong. ETA: My only QB was Flacco, WRs are Marshall, Jennings, Fitzgerald, DHB, Crabtree, and A.Jeffery. Made sense for a push for me this year. I'm with you that Baldwin is undervalued right now, but he's unlikely to start and if Tebow flops... hopefully it's after this season and until then he puts up big time numbers.Not a deal I was involved with on the 2nd. I agree by a large margin.Not involved in this either on the 3rd. I think it's Ingram/Blackmon by a LARGE margin. Greene doesn't look very good and isn't a great PPR guy, either. Those devy picks are going to be pretty late and it's going to have to be a big hit to get back from Ingram/Blackmon (basically two top 2 picks two years in a row).

PPR 12 team from 1 of my FFPC leagues (not my team)

Traded Away:

Santonio Holmes (NYJ)

Rashard Mendenhall (PIT)

2012 Draft, Rnd 2 (from Imperial Alliance)

Acquired:

Ryan Mathews (SDG)

12 Team salary cap, IDP performance league. QB|RB|WR|WR|TE|RB/WR/TE DL|DL|LB|DB|DB|LB/DBTEAM A gives up: F.Jones RB Dal $6 D.Murray RB Dal $2 S.Weatherspoon $1 Team B's 2012 1st rounder (likely to be top 4)TEAM B gives up: A.Foster HOU RB $10 M.Crabtree SFO WR $5 M.Johnson CIN DE $3 Team A's 2012 3rd rounder (likely to be bottom 4) Team C's 2012 3rd rounder (likely to be mid-round)Team B is rebuilding, but this seems like a terrible trade for him. Both Foster and Crabtree are easily young enough to build a team around. Team B has a penchant for making trades for the rush he gets from wheeling and dealing, and this definitely fits that mold. Ironically, these teams had a trade earlier this season that resulted in the swapping of picks, now that team B realizes he's headed for a bad record, he wanted his pick back.
I agree terrible

14 Team League

Jonathan Stewart

1st round pick

2nd round pick

Arian Foster

Team getting Foster already leads league in Points scored by a ton, and has best record. I think the guy who traded Foster got ripped off handily.

12 team PPR

I'm in the middle of a rebuild but my team is performing far better than it should. (I'm ahead in my division by two games despite starting Tolbert and BJGE at RB).

I gave

2012 1st

I got

Jamaal Charles

High risk move but I have literally nothing at RB.

12 team PPRI'm in the middle of a rebuild but my team is performing far better than it should. (I'm ahead in my division by two games despite starting Tolbert and BJGE at RB).I gave2012 1stI gotJamaal CharlesHigh risk move but I have literally nothing at RB.
I have no idea why anyone would trade away Charles for a 1st.That is terrible. I can see a team dealing Charles away for a player that can help him now but for a 1st ?Bad bad bad bad trade unless this pick is a top 2 pick.

I swear 50% of people in dynasty leagues are clueless on these trades they make no sense at all.

12 team..Looking to make a playoff run.

gave Ponder, shane Vereen, 2012 ist(team undefeated so far)

Got MJD.

12 team PPRI'm in the middle of a rebuild but my team is performing far better than it should. (I'm ahead in my division by two games despite starting Tolbert and BJGE at RB).I gave2012 1stI gotJamaal CharlesHigh risk move but I have literally nothing at RB.
I have no idea why anyone would trade away Charles for a 1st.That is terrible. I can see a team dealing Charles away for a player that can help him now but for a 1st ?Bad bad bad bad trade unless this pick is a top 2 pick.
You could always pm EBF and ask him?I had the same sort of thinking as you, my team had the #1 overall the last two years and I thought there was a good chance I'd end up near the top again and get Richardson/Luck. I'm currently projecting around 6/7 but if I can sneak the division it could end up being later.As soon as I realised it was unlikely I end up with a top2 pick I wanted to trade it. RB's a huge problem for me and I figured the pick probably has more value now as an unknown than it will at the end of the season.

I did the Charles trade. Can't say it was a phenomenal deal for me, as Charles has been a great performer when healthy, but even with advances in technology an ACL tear is a significant injury that has the potential to impact a player's career. If you think it's a horrible deal then you have to believe that he's going to come back at 100% and that he's going to stay healthy. I'm not totally comfortable making those assumptions about a 25 year old RB whose game is predicated entirely on speed and quickness. Charles is a thin guy and his coaches were already limiting his workload (much to the chagrin of many Charles owners). Even with the reduced workload, he still got injured. He's a very talented player, but I don't see him as any kind of a slam dunk lock moving forward.

It should be noted that this league features identical scoring for rushing/receiving/passing yardage, giving added value to the QB position. With that in mind, I don't think there's any way I was getting a top 3 pick for Charles. Nobody would trade Richardson, Luck, or Blackmon for him coming off a serious knee injury. Getting what I expect to be a mid (4-8) round first for him seems like decent value. It might have been smarter to ride out the storm and let him get healthy because his value will rebound if he shows well early next season, but I don't think it's a nightmare deal by any means. A firs round pick is a valuable asset that always commands interest in trades.

I did the Charles trade. Can't say it was a phenomenal deal for me, as Charles has been a great performer when healthy, but even with advances in technology an ACL tear is a significant injury that has the potential to impact a player's career. If you think it's a horrible deal then you have to believe that he's going to come back at 100% and that he's going to stay healthy. I'm not totally comfortable making those assumptions about a 25 year old RB whose game is predicated entirely on speed and quickness. Charles is a thin guy and his coaches were already limiting his workload (much to the chagrin of many Charles owners). Even with the reduced workload, he still got injured. He's a very talented player, but I don't see him as any kind of a slam dunk lock moving forward. It should be noted that this league features identical scoring for rushing/receiving/passing yardage, giving added value to the QB position. With that in mind, I don't think there's any way I was getting a top 3 pick for Charles. Nobody would trade Richardson, Luck, or Blackmon for him coming off a serious knee injury. Getting what I expect to be a mid (4-8) round first for him seems like decent value. It might have been smarter to ride out the storm and let him get healthy because his value will rebound if he shows well early next season, but I don't think it's a nightmare deal by any means. A firs round pick is a valuable asset that always commands interest in trades.
I'd agree that there's considerable risk on both sides here, with my team in such a desperate need of anything at the RB position I think it's a fair trade.

Team A gives:

Mike Tolbert

Santonio Holmes

Greg Olsen

Team B gives:

Ahmad Bradshaw

Torrey Smith

Mohamed Massoquoi

- one caveat is that TE's get 1pt / 5 yards receiving.

Team A traded away Olsen but has Gates, Keller and Kendricks and you can start two TEs if you want. But, now he has Bradshaw and Nicks so one might be moving soon.

Team B has Fred Jackson and Michael Turner and now Pettigrew and Olsen.

'Dez said:
'Donsmith753 said:
'Dez said:
I swear 50% of people in dynasty leagues are clueless on these trades they make no sense at all.
I'd make that trade. Charles tore his ACL. Have you seen the history of RBs coming back from ACL injuries? Think Ronnie Brown.He won't be full strength next year, the season after he should be. But he could be injured again, any setbacks, he could never be the same (his game is predicated on speed and planting, you know) and now all that risk belongs to someone else, plus you get to become younger.I owned Charles in 4 leagues at the start of the year - 3 I have him IR'd, and the one without an IR spot I moved him for a first from a team that is bad - although they're doing better than I expected, I still think I get a top 5 pick. It looked top 2 when I made my trade. I would do it again 10 times out of ten, if only because you have more options with the first.1. Keep it, get younger2. Trade it for immediate help - chances are you get more for a poor team's first than for Charles3. Trade it for multiple picks and reloadAnd regardless, you have no more of that risk attached to a spot and you open up a roster spot.

Standard PPR dynasty

Team A (4-3)

gave up Battle, Jackie KCC RB;Charles, Jamaal KCC RB;Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB;Tolbert, Mike SDC RB; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A

Team B (0-7)

gave up Greene, Shonn NYJ RB;McFadden, Darren OAK RB;Britt, Kenny TEN WR

Standard PPR dynastyTeam A (4-3)gave up Battle, Jackie KCC RB;Charles, Jamaal KCC RB;Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB;Tolbert, Mike SDC RB; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team ATeam B (0-7)gave up Greene, Shonn NYJ RB;McFadden, Darren OAK RB;Britt, Kenny TEN WR
Wow, wish I could give up a bunch of junk and damaged goods for two studs and a RB2.

12 team, 1/2 ppr for WR/TE only, start 2 RB/3 WR/1 TE + flex

Contract league, can give up to 4 years. 5 man rookie squad, 2 man developmental squad (for 2nd year players only).

We are in year 4 of the league, so next season's RFA crop is huge. We get 500 bidding bucks per season that carry over year to year.

Three teams have somewhat sold out the futures to win this year. My team was middle of the pack with eyes on next year's RFAs (I have 50% more money than the next highest team). I decided to forgo this season to bolster my next four+ years instead of trying to buy a championship this year.

First trade:

gave Jones-Drew (1 yr), Cincy D, Kolb (3 yr)

received Romo (3 yr), $100, mid/late 2nd round pick

Second trade:

gave Fitzgerald (1 yr), Finley (2 yr), and Ponder (rookie squad)

received Tampa MikeW (4 yrs), Sam Bradford (DS)

That leaves me with

Romo (3 yr), Bradford, Flynn, Cutler

Best (3 yr), J.Stewart (1), Deangelo Williams (1), Vereen(RS), Spiller (4)

Steve Johnson (4), Tampa MikeW (4), Manningham (4), Mike Thomas (4), B.Marshall (1), M.Clayton (1), D.Moore (RS)

E.Moore (1), J.Graham (DS), Kendricks (RS)

I also have a top 4 rookie pick, plus my 1st (could be 5-8), plus 4 2nds. I expect to land 3-5 significant RFAs.

Standard PPR dynastyTeam A (4-3)gave up Battle, Jackie KCC RB;Charles, Jamaal KCC RB;Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB;Tolbert, Mike SDC RB; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team ATeam B (0-7)gave up Greene, Shonn NYJ RB;McFadden, Darren OAK RB;Britt, Kenny TEN WR
Wow, wish I could give up a bunch of junk and damaged goods for two studs and a RB2.
Why is Jamaal Charles "damaged goods", while Kenny Britt is a "stud"?

12 team ppr, start 2RB/2WR/TE and can flex any

Traded:

2012 First

Delone Carter

Received:

Gore

have a good shot to win this year and my first will be (hopefully) be bottom 4. Needed a sure start RB to go with Bradshaw (have Stewart, Murray, P Thomas plus some rookies)

a little worried about Gore's health and possibility they lock up the #2 seed, but he has a great schedule and will get 20+ touches every week

I have Charles in a PPR league. I traded away Greene, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks in 2012 for him.

I am not going to retrade him now for just a mid projected 1st.

He is still young and many players come back from ACL.

Welker seems to be doing just fine. Jamal Lewis ran for 2,000 yards after ACL injury.

I think people overvalue 1st round picks. 50% of top 2 picks in the last 15 years have been busts.

So many can't miss studs end up in the tank. So now extend that out to pick 5,6 or 8 and you are really just guessing a lot of the time.

Sometimes you get Ray Rice and sometimes you get Moreno.

Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning.

Donald Brown or L-McCoy.

Kevin Smith or Matt Forte.

Some years only 1-2 players out of the top 10 rookie draft picks end up being anything.

I have a history of the past 15 years from my dynasty drafts and about 50% of top 2 picks have been busts.

Now go into pick 3-12 and the bust rate goes up even higher.

I didn't trade that much to get him - and a projected top few first round pick is movable for another player.

I think guys like EBF and myself, who watch a ton of college football, trust ourselves to make the right calls on players. I've generally been quite successful in rookie drafts because I know I want a guy or two and go after them, or I know there's not a lot I want and I move the picks for established players.

If I think a pick is gonna get me Blackmon, Luck, or Richardson - I think that's a good trade. I would trade Charles for them if it were a devy league, so why not a pick from an awful team?

12 team dynasty IDP, no PPR, the rest of scoring is just like FBG standard. Start 2 QBs (superflex)

I gave up:

Jay Cutler/Caleb Hanie

Rashard Mendenhall/Isaac Redman/Jonathan Dwyer/Baron Batch

O'Brien Schofield

I got:

Matt Ryan/Chris Redman

Frank Gore/Anthony Dixon (already had Kendall Hunter)

Dion Lewis

Taiwan Jones

2012 2nd Round Pick

Just made this deal after some intense negotiations. Guy is 1-7 with NO future draft picks to speak of and put Foster on the block this morning, felt like I needed to jump at the opportunity, although I also think that I overpaid. But a championship is worth it. Deep 36-player rosters, offense only.

I gave:

Chris Johnson

Mark Ingram

Greg Little

Javon Ringer

Jamie Harper

2012 1st (mid)

2012 2nd (late)

2012 3rd (late)

I got:

Arian Foster

Devin Hester (whatever--needed to even out the trade, DEEP roster league.)

Adrian Arrington (whatever..)

Chad Spann (whatever flier)

Josh Brown (needed a backup K, they're all rostered in this league)

2012 4th

2012 5th

Now my starting lineup is:

Newton

Foster, Turner

Megatron, Nicks, Wallace, Austin

Finley/F. Davis

I think I can win the championship with this lineup, as long as I can get into the playoffs, which are a lock at this point even with a rough week 9 bye week coming up.

I think this trade totally depends on how people feel about Chris Johnson and Ingram. I'd appreciate some feedback.

In a start 2QB (superflex), 53 man roster league:

Felt my team was falling of the edge a bit needed to add some draft picks, so:

1. Gave Reggie Wayne for 2012 2nd and 2013 1st

2. Gave MJD/Karim/RJennings/2012 2nd for 2013 1st/Moreno/Leshoure

Most of the 2012 1st round picks had already been shuffled, so I started to collect 2013 1sts.

Trying to sell Boldin next.

Seems like I am still in the hunt for a playoff spot this season... may have sold a bit early.

Better early than late though I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread