What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 In Season Dynasty Trade Thread (2 Viewers)

12 Team IDP Salary Cap Dynasty.

Received the following offer out of the blue:

I receive:

Matt Flynn, QB GBP ($3)

He receives:

Matt Moore, QB CAR ($3)

2012 2nd round pick (likely to be bottom 6)

Being a Rodgers owner I snapped this one up immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not involved in this one...Team A gave up:Gibson, Brandon STL WRWashington, Nate TEN WRTeam B gave up:Obomanu, Ben SEA WRWilliams, Mike TBB WRHas Tampa Mike really gotten this cheap?
For those who don't understand fantasy football I guess he has
Even if you never watched a game and just looked at boxscores, I'm not sure how Team B makes that trade.

Bunch of trades in my dynasty league lately:

Team A traded Steve Smith for Chris Johnson and Leonard Hankerson

Team A traded Deji Karim for Emmanuel Sanders

Team A traded Robert Meachem and a 2012 2nd rounder for Sidney Rice and a 2012 3rd rounder

I traded Peyton Manning for Jay Cutler and Kevin Kolb (hated to make this deal, but I have a chance to win this year and needed more QB options)

Put together a couple of trades, and despite the buyer's remorse, I think it will work out okay.

My team gets: Rob Gronkowski, 2nd round píck (their team is currently in last place)

Their team gets: Vincent Jackson, Kellen Winslow

My team gets: Tony Romo, 3rd round pick (middle of the pack)

Their team gets: Dustin Keller, 1st round pick (currently in third, second in total points)

Celek, Brent TE PHI

Gabbert, Blaine QB JAC

Green-Ellis, BenJarvus RB NE - Traded from Team B

Choice, Tashard RB DAL

Gonzalez, Tony TE ATL

Schaub, Matt QB HOU - Traded from Team F

My team gets: Tony Romo, 3rd round pick (middle of the pack)Their team gets: Dustin Keller, 1st round pick (currently in third, second in total points)
I like this trade a lot for your team, though I am admittedly saddened that a top 6 QB will only bring back a late first and low-end TE1. It is the reason why I always have one of the strongest QB teams in my leagues-- people end up rolling out Ryan, Flacco or Freeman before they will give up much value for a QB. I'm sitting with Cam, Ben, and Tebow and haven't gotten a single offer for either.

I sent Meachem

I received Torain and 2012 3rd (mid round)

I am desperate for RB and Meachem was my WR 6. Before news that Hightower was done for the year.

Team A gives:

2012 2nd Rounder (probably mid-round)

Team B gives:

McGahee DEN RB

Willis gets hurt two days later. Nice timing for Team B

12 Team PPR standard line-ups

Massaquoi, Mohamed WR CLE

Newton, Cam QB CAR

Novak, Nick K SD - Traded from Team I

Fitzpatrick, Ryan QB BUF

Salas, Greg WR STL

Wells, Beanie RB ARI - Traded from Team F

12 team PPR

McGahee

M Morris

for

Ridley

-----

12 team non-PPR

S Greene

for

Murray

-----

12 team PPR (not my trade, but I liked it)

DHB

Moreno

B Tate

for

Britt

2013 1st

Kolb

Felix

12t dynasty ppr Q RR WWW TE K Def

I traded

F Davis and a 2012 3rd

for

Winslow and a 2012 1st (mid to late..probably late)

I have J Graham already and L Kendricks on Taxi

16 team non-PPR

Team A gave:

Chris Johnson, RB TEN

Team B gave:

2012 1st Round Pick (team is undefeated)

2012 1st Round Pick (team is 4-6)

Any trades involving Welker recently? I scanned back a few pages, didn't see anything. He's on pace for 2000 yds. and 16 TDs, interested to see how he's being valued (especially in non-ppr).

14 team ppr dynasty with developmental NCAA players.

I gave up...

Ray Rice

for

Trent Richardson and a 2012 1st (likely to be 12-14 in a thin pool of talent - Floyd, Broyles, Richardson, Luck, Blackmon already rostered).

My team is out of contention at 1-6, so I don't mind taking the short term hit to get Richardson and a small lottery ticket. I think Richardson is an absolute mortal lock can't-miss prospect, which is the only reason I was willing to part with a sure thing in Rice.

Anyhow...might give you an idea of what the 1.01 could be worth in your league as the season draws to a close. With Richardson in the mix, I think this is a year when people will pay through the nose to get that top slot. I sure did.

14 team ppr dynasty with developmental NCAA players. I gave up...Ray Rice forTrent Richardson and a 2012 1st (likely to be 12-14 in a thin pool of talent - Floyd, Broyles, Richardson, Luck, Blackmon already rostered). My team is out of contention at 1-6, so I don't mind taking the short term hit to get Richardson and a small lottery ticket. I think Richardson is an absolute mortal lock can't-miss prospect, which is the only reason I was willing to part with a sure thing in Rice. Anyhow...might give you an idea of what the 1.01 could be worth in your league as the season draws to a close. With Richardson in the mix, I think this is a year when people will pay through the nose to get that top slot. I sure did.
I am all for youth/upside but Rice is not old by any means and is atop many PPR dynasty rankings. I would have liked a little more but wish you luck. I think if Luck comes out next year the top 3 picks will be heavily coveted (Richardson, Blackmon, Luck) and certainly have great value tied to them.

12 team PPRFred JacksonBrandon MarshallPeyton HillisSantonio HolmesPlaxico Burress
I'm perplexed why the FJax/Marshall owner would make this trade. Downgrade two starters to pick up Plax?
I pitched it as downgrading from FJax to a healthy Hillis (with Hardesty having disappointed) was outweighed by going from Roddy, Marshall, and a nobody to Roddy, Santonio, Plax. He's 3-4 but he leads his division, so it could push him over the top.I'm not one to be choosy. I'm 3-4 and last in my division, which is by far the strongest in the league...I gotta do what I can.ETA: that said, I don't like Marshall - my default assumption is that others don't either. I think he upgraded going from Marshall to Santonio, especially since Moore is injured now...that means a guy who isn't good enough to beat out Matt Moore or Henne to start may be throwing to Marshall this season.If you like Marshall a lot, you're right. If you're me, or my trade partner here, then you probably prefer Santonio to him anyway.

14 team ppr dynasty with developmental NCAA players. I gave up...Ray Rice forTrent Richardson and a 2012 1st (likely to be 12-14 in a thin pool of talent - Floyd, Broyles, Richardson, Luck, Blackmon already rostered). My team is out of contention at 1-6, so I don't mind taking the short term hit to get Richardson and a small lottery ticket. I think Richardson is an absolute mortal lock can't-miss prospect, which is the only reason I was willing to part with a sure thing in Rice. Anyhow...might give you an idea of what the 1.01 could be worth in your league as the season draws to a close. With Richardson in the mix, I think this is a year when people will pay through the nose to get that top slot. I sure did.
Seems to me Richardsons upside is what maybe equal to Rice? So seems your taking all the risk with really no gain.

14-team PPR with 14 college players already rostered.

Demaryius Thomas

for

P.Parker, Bess, 2012 2nd (equivalent to a 3rd)

Although I don't agree with the deal, I do think Richardson is the Andrew Luck of fantasy, and people will be giving up a whole lot to get him very soon.

'Colts Win said:
'EBF said:
Seems to me Richardsons upside is what maybe equal to Rice? So seems your taking all the risk with really no gain.
Richardson is younger with a lot less mileage (Rice had a lot of carries at Rutgers), and I'm also getting a reasonably valuable draft pick. You're mostly right though. There's a lot of risk. Deals like this can burn you big time if you're wrong in your evaluation. I know from experience. I just don't think Richardson is a gamble. I think he's a sure thing. He's the best RB I've seen in years. I see him being a unanimous top 3 dynasty RB in his own right in the very near future. In fact, there aren't 3 NFL RBs I'd trade him for right now. I like to do deals like this if I can get picks added into the pot because those lottery tickets can pay off huge. If you're a rebuilding team and you can acquire 3-4 2nd round rookie picks, you can often turn those into a valuable starter who can become a part of your nucleus.

'Instinctive said:
'jonboltz said:
'Instinctive said:
12 team PPRFred JacksonBrandon MarshallPeyton HillisSantonio HolmesPlaxico Burress
I'm perplexed why the FJax/Marshall owner would make this trade. Downgrade two starters to pick up Plax?
I pitched it as downgrading from FJax to a healthy Hillis (with Hardesty having disappointed) was outweighed by going from Roddy, Marshall, and a nobody to Roddy, Santonio, Plax. He's 3-4 but he leads his division, so it could push him over the top.I'm not one to be choosy. I'm 3-4 and last in my division, which is by far the strongest in the league...I gotta do what I can.ETA: that said, I don't like Marshall - my default assumption is that others don't either. I think he upgraded going from Marshall to Santonio, especially since Moore is injured now...that means a guy who isn't good enough to beat out Matt Moore or Henne to start may be throwing to Marshall this season.If you like Marshall a lot, you're right. If you're me, or my trade partner here, then you probably prefer Santonio to him anyway.
You don't have to justify. But his best nobody has outperformed both Santonio and Plax so far. And you're ignoring that he has Sidney Rice also. There's no reason for him to make this deal unless he just likes Santonio and Hillis better. (He paid a whole lot to get Marshall in 2010.)Also we don't know JP isn't good enough to beat out Matt Moore. We don't know that. We don't know. Show me how you know that. Because we don't know.

'Instinctive said:
'jonboltz said:
'Instinctive said:
You don't have to justify. But his best nobody has outperformed both Santonio and Plax so far. And you're ignoring that he has Sidney Rice also. There's no reason for him to make this deal unless he just likes Santonio and Hillis better. (He paid a whole lot to get Marshall in 2010.)Also we don't know JP isn't good enough to beat out Matt Moore. We don't know that. We don't know. Show me how you know that. Because we don't know.
Ok, I should amend my Matt Moore comment: Moore looked like a heaping pile of #### all last year in Carolina, and the Dolphins made him the backup to Henne (who by the way, hasn't looked good either, ever, IMO). Then, when Henne went down, Moore got to start. So while you are right in that we don't KNOW that Losman is worse, we do know that the Miami coaching staff sure as hell hasn't thought he was better.

Nobody in my league likes trading. I've offered probably more than 15-trades only to have them all turned down. Here are a few that got thrown back in my face. (12-team PPR Dynasty)

Give: Brees, Get: McFadden

Give: Brees and Mike Wallace, Get: Blount, Best and DeSean Jackson

Give: Romo, Get: Sproles or J. Stewart or A. Hernandez

I'm loaded at QB so that's why I've been trying to get some value for one of them.

I know that I gave up alot. But given my depth at wr and lack of depth at rb, I thought that I had to make this trade for the future.

Gave: Greg Jennings and Finley

Got: Witten, Starks, and 2012 1st rd rook (not current owner's pick, original team has one win and stinks)

Nobody in my league likes trading. I've offered probably more than 15-trades only to have them all turned down. Here are a few that got thrown back in my face. (12-team PPR Dynasty)Give: Brees, Get: McFaddenGive: Brees and Mike Wallace, Get: Blount, Best and DeSean JacksonGive: Romo, Get: Sproles or J. Stewart or A. HernandezI'm loaded at QB so that's why I've been trying to get some value for one of them.
I'd give Brees for McFadden in a PPR dynasty all day, especially if you have Romo.

Start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1tekeep 6 dynasty, 72 players kept year to year, 12 round rookie/vet draft every yearI gave Romo, Turner, Witten and 2012 1st and second round picksforNewton, Gore, and Gates...my team just missed the playoffs last year and is doing well this year so the picks shouldn't be that early...got younger at qb with I think a little better of a ceiling...brings my core nucleus to QB Newton, RB McFadden, RB Mendenhall, WR Nicks... all 25 and younger5th keeper would be Gore and 6th keeper will come down to either Tebow, Gates, or Aaron Hernanadezwhat do you guys think? I gave up a lot but I like the young nucleus... I should be comepetive for years to come barring major injuries
Depends on scoring, but it seems like kind of a lot to give up. But I guess Newton may be worth it in the long run. I sometimes forget how high his ceiling could be with all the rushing TDs. He's the only truly long term keeper that changed hands, so from that perspective, you definitely got the best player in the deal. I'm almost talking myself out of my initial reaction which was that the 2 picks were too much for a relatively minor upgrade...Also, Aaron Hernandez seems like a no brainer as a keeper from my perspective. He's still only 21 years old and currently 2nd in TE points per game (ppr). I personally have him as a top 4 dynasty TE along with Finley, Graham and Witten.
:thumbup: Thanks for the input. Losing the picks next year is def going to hurt. But I like my starting lineup a lot. Depth will certainly be an issue though. This was certainly a long term move though. I don't see any big moves as my foundation is set.I'm actually looking at another move where I would give up Gore (28 years old) and get Chris Johnson. Looks like this:GoreGatesEric Decker2012 3rd rounder2013 1st rounderforJohnsonHeath MillerDwayne BoweThis would really hurt me this year without Johnson producing but that would give me a scary nucleus of Newton, Mcafadden, Chris Johnson, Nicks and then either Bowe or Hernandez as my last keeper. I'd deal one or the other if I were out of playoff contention to get a pick back for next year.Thanks for the help bud!

10 Team Dynasty, PPR

I Receive

Beanie Wells

I Give

James Starks

Greg Olsen

Notable Info: I have Rodgers and Jennings on my team (just traded for Jennings), saw Starks as expendable. Also have Gates, Fred Davis, and Cook as my TEs.

Need to make a move for Alfonso Smith and Ryan Williams now, wonder what they'll cost me...

10 Team Dynasty - ppr, 6 for ALL TD's, normal performance based.

26 man rosters.

I gave

Boldin

2012 2nd - this is a tad more vauluable than a regular rookie draft with our cut rules and FA count in the draft. If things progress should be a mid to late 2nd but you never know.

I get

Benson

Gresham TE

The reason I made this trade is to try to make a decent run this year. I am only 4-3 but have the 2nd most points. My RB's are weak. I have been rolling Sproles and Ingram or Sproles and Graham all year. I have 5 rookie RB's on my roster plus Bernard Scott and Donald Brown. The other reason is the way my roster is shaping up Witten appears to be a mandatory cut for me and that leaves me with Rudolph and Ballard left going into next year.

So my starting lineup should now be

Brady, Sproles, Benson, Bowe, Jennings, Welker, Witten, K, DEf

I hope that paints somewheat of a picture. I know Benson I may only get 6 games out of but we'll see

Nobody in my league likes trading. I've offered probably more than 15-trades only to have them all turned down. Here are a few that got thrown back in my face. (12-team PPR Dynasty)Give: Brees, Get: McFaddenGive: Brees and Mike Wallace, Get: Blount, Best and DeSean JacksonGive: Romo, Get: Sproles or J. Stewart or A. HernandezI'm loaded at QB so that's why I've been trying to get some value for one of them.
I'd give Brees for McFadden in a PPR dynasty all day, especially if you have Romo.
Yes. That should be an auto-accept. I hope it is still on the table.

'Instinctive said:
'jonboltz said:
'Instinctive said:
Ok, I should amend my Matt Moore comment: Moore looked like a heaping pile of #### all last year in Carolina, and the Dolphins made him the backup to Henne (who by the way, hasn't looked good either, ever, IMO). Then, when Henne went down, Moore got to start. So while you are right in that we don't KNOW that Losman is worse, we do know that the Miami coaching staff sure as hell hasn't thought he was better.
I think what he's trying to say is that Losman was just signed this week to take Sage Rosenfels' spot after he was placed on the IR.

Yes. That should be an auto-accept. I hope it is still on the table.
It's definitely still on the table, but I don't think the other owner is going to bite despite the fact that the only two QB's on their roster are Cutler and Orton.

'Instinctive said:
'jonboltz said:
'Instinctive said:
I think what he's trying to say is that Losman was just signed this week to take Sage Rosenfels' spot after he was placed on the IR.
I know Losman was just signed. My point is that he was available to be signed the whole time, not just now. There's a reason they didn't go out and sign him when Henne went down. Or at the start of the year. Or that they signed Sage in the first place rather than Losman.That reason, it would logically follow, is that the Dolphins didn't think he was as good as Moore. It's self-evident.

Richardson is younger with a lot less mileage (Rice had a lot of carries at Rutgers), and I'm also getting a reasonably valuable draft pick. You're mostly right though. There's a lot of risk. Deals like this can burn you big time if you're wrong in your evaluation. I know from experience. I just don't think Richardson is a gamble. I think he's a sure thing. He's the best RB I've seen in years. I see him being a unanimous top 3 dynasty RB in his own right in the very near future. In fact, there aren't 3 NFL RBs I'd trade him for right now. I like to do deals like this if I can get picks added into the pot because those lottery tickets can pay off huge. If you're a rebuilding team and you can acquire 3-4 2nd round rookie picks, you can often turn those into a valuable starter who can become a part of your nucleus.
Do you still have your own first for next year too? Sometimes these kind of trades help more also by making your own team suck more this year.

I just made a deal I was on the fence about for awhile, still don't know if I really like it but I like the key player a lot.

I gave: Josh Freeman, Mark Ingram, Johnny Knox, 1st (probably around pick 1.07-1.10), 4th

for

Cam Newton, D.Bess, Shockey, 4th, 5th

It was hard to give up the 1st and Ingram, but if Newton keeps playing like he has, it's worth it. Could be a bad sell low, buy high.

Users who are viewing this thread