What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

Two recent trades in our league:Sidney Rice and Mark Sanchez for Donald Brown and Joe Addai1.7 for Mike Wallace (I think this was a steal for the guy getting Wallace)
Yeah, I would think Wallace would net at least 1.04 or 1.05. Maybe something like 1.04 and some sort of decent throw in.
No way would I give up Wallace for the 1.04 or 1.05. Definitely not 1.07. I tried to trade for him in a league and the price was 'a couple of 1st rounders'.

'Yellow Line is Unoffcial said:
'Andy Dufresne said:
'todisco1 said:
Two trades, 12 team ppr, start 2-3 RBs, 3-4 WRs:

Marshawn Lynch, Forsett, 3.08

for

1.04, 3.12

McFadden, Steve Breaston, James Jones

for

Jamal Charles, Greg Olsen
I'd take the bolded in each draft.
Agree. I don't think the first trade is remotely close.
What pick would you think Lynch is worth? Just curious, the trade didn't involve me.
I certainly don't think Lynch is worth the 1.04. I doubt I could get a first rounder for him in my league.

'Andy Dufresne said:
'todisco1 said:

for

1.04, 3.12

for

What pick would you think Lynch is worth? Just curious, the trade didn't involve me.
I certainly don't think Lynch is worth the 1.04. I doubt I could get a first rounder for him in my league.
Really? I wouldn't give the 1.04 for Lynch, but I'd definitely pay a late 1st for him -- we're talking marginal prospects with the 1.11/1.12 for a starting RB. That seems to me like good value. I may go as high as the 1.08.

The joke in the league the above trade was in is that the guy who paid the 1.04 must have been replaying Lynch's epic TD run from the Saints playoff game over and over and been brainwashed into thinking that's what he'd do all next season.

Team A gave up:

Kolb, Kevin PHI QB

Jones, Felix DAL RB

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

Harvin, Percy MIN WR

Davis, Vernon SFO TE

Team B gave up:

Crompton, Jonathan NEP QB

Schaub, Matt HOU QB

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

'Andy Dufresne said:
'todisco1 said:

for

1.04, 3.12

for

I don't think he is worth any first rounder, I wouldn't give a second rouder, although he may be worth that. Looking back at last years rookie drafts I had several where I got Starks, Decker (and passed on Mike Williams DOH) and Jimmy Graham in the mid 2nd to early fourth. I would trade any of them for Lynch. This year I hink I can get at least one guy who will pan out in those rounds. I don't think lynch will do anything but get you beat.

Team A gave up:Kolb, Kevin PHI QBJones, Felix DAL RBBowe, Dwayne KCC WRHarvin, Percy MIN WRDavis, Vernon SFO TETeam B gave up:Crompton, Jonathan NEP QBSchaub, Matt HOU QBWilliams, DeAngelo CAR RBJackson, DeSean PHI WRGates, Antonio SDC TE
I like team B a lot in this deal.

'Andy Dufresne said:
'todisco1 said:

for

1.04, 3.12

for

I don't think he is worth any first rounder, I wouldn't give a second rouder, although he may be worth that. Looking back at last years rookie drafts I had several where I got Starks, Decker (and passed on Mike Williams DOH) and Jimmy Graham in the mid 2nd to early fourth. I would trade any of them for Lynch. This year I hink I can get at least one guy who will pan out in those rounds. I don't think lynch will do anything but get you beat.
I have a very similar opinion.

'Andy Dufresne said:
'todisco1 said:

for

1.04, 3.12

for

Wow, had no idea Lynch was virtually worthless. I know 3rd rounders can pan out, but they simply don't have much value in trades.

'Andy Dufresne said:
'todisco1 said:

for

1.04, 3.12

for

Wow, had no idea Lynch was virtually worthless. I know 3rd rounders can pan out, but they simply don't have much value in trades.
I'd hold Lynch before I traded him in this market. Unless there are roster restrictions that dictate otherwise. I'm in a league where we can only keep 14 vets, and even in that league, I'll keep him.

A 3rd rounder for a 24 year old starting RB is insane, I can't believe I'm reading that from some of you..

Dynasty $220 salary cap PPR IDP league:

just traded felix jones $29 and brian cushing $1 for CJ Spiller $20 and Benjarvis green Ellis $10. I'm really high on Spiller, even though he had a rough rookie year, and BJGE was a nice player last year, and i can see him continuing as the starter there.

PPR league:

Team A Give

WR Blair White

LB Stewart Bradley

Team B Gives

QB Tom Brady

LB Lance Briggs

=====================

Team A gives

QB Tom Brady

Team B gives

WR Brandon Marshall

PPR league:

Team A Give

WR Blair White

LB Stewart Bradley

Team B Gives

QB Tom Brady

LB Lance Briggs

=====================

Team A gives

QB Tom Brady

Team B gives

WR Brandon Marshall
Wow, I love the side getting Brady + Briggs.

Last edited by a moderator:
"awful" my be a bit strong... The second trade seems kinda even. Marshall's current ADP is around mid thirties, Brady's is late thirties..
Giving up what may be the top QB for a better than average WR who had a down year on a team without a QB is awful.
Not if your other QB is Rogers(have no idea if that is true). Straight up QB to WR/RB trades are hard to value. I think Marshall had a great year with a terrible QB, big difference. I would do this trade n a heartbeat if I have another top 7 QB.

If I needed a wr I would take the Marshall side, if I needed a qb I would take the Brady side.

Without looking, im pretty sure I have Marshall with a higher score than Brady in my dynasty rankings, although its very close.

I guess I look at everything dynasty in terms of how it works in Zealots since that's where I play dynasty.

Last year, Brady scored 370.50 points. Marshall got 120.70.

So even if you play in a PPR league where QBs only get 4 pts/td, that still comes out at about 300 vs 200 points.

I know that you have to look at it from a whole roster basis, and if you need a WR then you just might have to take the loss and get rid of Brady. But either way it's a loss and I think Brady's worth a lot more than just Brandon Marshall regardless of format.

I only play in zealots and my rankings are pretty much based on zealots minus the kick return points.

After checking, i have Marshall with a 41 dynasty score and Brady a 40. So with everything else being equal i would prefer MArshall, although its so close its a toss up.

I bet if you did 100 Zealots dynasty start up drafts today Marshall and Brady would end up with a very similar ADP.

I guess I look at everything dynasty in terms of how it works in Zealots since that's where I play dynasty.Last year, Brady scored 370.50 points. Marshall got 120.70.So even if you play in a PPR league where QBs only get 4 pts/td, that still comes out at about 300 vs 200 points. I know that you have to look at it from a whole roster basis, and if you need a WR then you just might have to take the loss and get rid of Brady. But either way it's a loss and I think Brady's worth a lot more than just Brandon Marshall regardless of format.
Marshall missed 2 games this past year so total points isn't a great comparison. Plus there's also a 7 year age difference. Even QB's as great as Brady lose a lot of value when they get into their mid-30's.Edit: In a non-ppr I think Brady would be worth more, as Marshall's value is as a pass catcher and not a TD guy. Kind of like Welker, his value swings widely depending on format.

I guess I look at everything dynasty in terms of how it works in Zealots since that's where I play dynasty.Last year, Brady scored 370.50 points. Marshall got 120.70.So even if you play in a PPR league where QBs only get 4 pts/td, that still comes out at about 300 vs 200 points. I know that you have to look at it from a whole roster basis, and if you need a WR then you just might have to take the loss and get rid of Brady. But either way it's a loss and I think Brady's worth a lot more than just Brandon Marshall regardless of format.
Jason Campbell and Alex Smith scored more points than him too- would you give them up for Marshall (or Fitzgerald, since they outscored him as well)? Total points isn't the most important thing to consider when it comes to player values.

I guess I look at everything dynasty in terms of how it works in Zealots since that's where I play dynasty.

So even if you play in a PPR league where QBs only get 4 pts/td, that still comes out at about 300 vs 200 points.

I know that you have to look at it from a whole roster basis, and if you need a WR then you just might have to take the loss and get rid of Brady. But either way it's a loss and I think Brady's worth a lot more than just Brandon Marshall regardless of format.
Jason Campbell and Alex Smith scored more points than him too- would you give them up for Marshall (or Fitzgerald, since they outscored him as well)? Total points isn't the most important thing to consider when it comes to player values.
It's not that Brady simply outscored him, it's that he outscored him by so much. And it's also that Brady outscored other QBs by a big total.I'm further of the opinion that the numbers we saw from Marshall last year are going to be the norm compared to what he put up in Denver. Miami just doesn't have a very dynamic offense. Plus their defense is better than what was in Denver so the Dolphins won't pass as much.

Now. Off I go to see if I too can get Brady for cheap. :goodposting:

It's not that Brady simply outscored him, it's that he outscored him by so much. And it's also that Brady outscored other QBs by a big total.I'm further of the opinion that the numbers we saw from Marshall last year are going to be the norm compared to what he put up in Denver. Miami just doesn't have a very dynamic offense. Plus their defense is better than what was in Denver so the Dolphins won't pass as much.

Now. Off I go to see if I too can get Brady for cheap. :(
Well, that's different (and relevant). The total points each scored is probably the least important thing that you listed here, but was the main thing you were focused on in the post I responded to.

Well, that's different (and relevant). The total points each scored is probably the least important thing that you listed here, but was the main thing you were focused on in the post I responded to.
Well it is Monday morning and it takes me a while to get revved up. :confused:

Give: Starks, 1.7, 1.12 (devy league, so these are equivilent to mid / late second rounders)

Got: Shonn Greene

H gave up Moreno, Knowshon DEN RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.04

B gave up Brown, Donald IND RB;Hart, Mike IND RB;James, Javarris IND RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.02

12 team ppr

Team a gave Dwayne Bowe

Team B gave Wes Welker, Ryan Torain, Dustin Keller, Mike Tolbert

"awful" my be a bit strong... The second trade seems kinda even. Marshall's current ADP is around mid thirties, Brady's is late thirties..
Giving up what may be the top QB for a better than average WR who had a down year on a team without a QB is awful.
Not if your other QB is Rogers(have no idea if that is true). Straight up QB to WR/RB trades are hard to value. I think Marshall had a great year with a terrible QB, big difference. I would do this trade n a heartbeat if I have another top 7 QB.
I did the trade, I did both trades actually I acquired him first for the 1.10 than flipped him. I have Stafford, Freeman and Josh Johnson behind him, I feel Marshall is a stud top 10 WR (atleast in terms of talent) and was happy to get him at this price. Brady will be 34 this year turning 35 after the lockout just not someone I wanted to have even though Im rebuilding with this team I dont think Id target Brady under any circumstances he's too old and I dont think he'll play very long. Why would he? He's done it all.

'loose circuits said:
H gave up Moreno, Knowshon DEN RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.04B gave up Brown, Donald IND RB;Hart, Mike IND RB;James, Javarris IND RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.02
So Moreno and the 1.04 for the 1.02.

'loose circuits said:
H gave up Moreno, Knowshon DEN RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.04B gave up Brown, Donald IND RB;Hart, Mike IND RB;James, Javarris IND RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.02
I don't think Donald Brown should be discounted1.4/Morenofor1.2/Brown
I do. He hasn't shown anything.
How many of your dynasty leagues is Brown sitting on waivers in? If he's rostered, he holds some value. If you don't like him, flip him to the Addai owner or something. Brown hasn't shown much but he's not worthless - if he was he wouldn't be rostered.

'loose circuits said:
I don't think Donald Brown should be discounted1.4/Morenofor1.2/Brown
I do. He hasn't shown anything.
But has Moreno shown a whole lot either?I agree with you to an extent and I acquired Moreno. Although, I don't think it was lopsided by any means. Brown's upside is higher in a better offense, but Moreno has a cleared path to carries...neither have proven much thoughNeither Leshoure or Williams stepped up at the combine, so it seems there is a clear top 3 and then some distance.

But has Moreno shown a whole lot either?I agree with you to an extent and I acquired Moreno. Although, I don't think it was lopsided by any means. Brown's upside is higher in a better offense, but Moreno has a cleared path to carries...neither have proven much thoughNeither Leshoure or Williams stepped up at the combine, so it seems there is a clear top 3 and then some distance.
Decent counter about Moreno. His stats are nearly identical to Brown's. I think the only difference is that when healthy and given the opportunity (the middle of the season last year) Moreno looked like he could be a starter.Also a good point about who is going to be picked at the 1.04.So even if it is the 1.04 and Moreno for the 1.02, that might be worth it.

But has Moreno shown a whole lot either?I agree with you to an extent and I acquired Moreno. Although, I don't think it was lopsided by any means. Brown's upside is higher in a better offense, but Moreno has a cleared path to carries...neither have proven much though
Moreno has shown he is a mediocre starting RB. Brown has shown he is a mediocre COP back. That's a huge difference. Brown's upside is very neutered when a dude like Javarris can come off the milktruck and steal goalline.
Neither Leshoure or Williams stepped up at the combine, so it seems there is a clear top 3 and then some distance.
Leshoure did what everyone expected him to do and has better measurables than Ingram. Williams definitely disappointed but Leshoure did about what most thought he would. Not a huge difference between him and the top 3. Bigger difference between #4 and 5, IMO.

Just did my biggest trade of the off-season in a 12 team PPR dynasty

I gave: Fitz, 1.9

I got: Dez, 1.2

10 team, 1/2 ppr for WR/TE only (also, contract league with 5 year max per player)

Mike Williams (TB) - 5 yr contract, Pierre Garcon 1 yr, Owen Daniels 1 yr

for

Hakeem Nicks 3 yr

Users who are viewing this thread