What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

12 team ppr:A gave: Knowshawn MorenoB gave: Shonne Greene, '12 1st
Great deal for A. I'd take Greene straight up, personally.
Even in a PPR?
Closer, but even still, I would definitely do this deal.PPR, non-PPR, I just don't think Moreno is a very good player.
I think the trade was pretty fair depending on where the rookie pick ends up. i like next years class, so if its a top 6 pick i give the edge to the Greene side. If its a late pick, i prefer the Moreno side.

Just Completed

got

Collie, Austin IND WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.10

To Kellys Heroes Ver 2.0 for

Massaquoi, Mohamed CLE WR

Angerer, Pat IND LB

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.02

Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.06

Previous

1. Kellys Heroes Ver 2.0 gave up Rivers, Philip SDC QB;Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.06

Got Manning, Peyton IND QB;Best, Jahvid DET RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.02

Comments: Best to taxi

Sat Apr 16 6:26:46 p.m. CT 2011

2. Kellys Heroes Ver 2.0 gave up Brees, Drew NOS QB;Boldin, Anquan BAL WR

Got Rivers, Philip SDC QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.06

Fri Apr 15 10:13:18 p.m. CT 2011

3. Got Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.10; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from VTCats

Kellys Heroes Ver 2.0 gave up Hardesty, Montario CLE RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.02

Fri Apr 15 7:57:26 a.m. CT 2011

4. Kellys Heroes Ver 2.0 gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.02

Got Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Hurricane Warning

Thu Apr 14 9:08:21 a.m. CT 2011

5. Got Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.02;Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.02; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Greatest Show on Paper;Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Greatest Show on Paper

Kellys Heroes Ver 2.0 gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.06;Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.06

Wed Mar 23 7:22:44 a.m. CT 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of recent trades, in separate 12-team PPR leagues...

Team A: Cutler/2.09

Team B: Romo/3.07

Team A: FJax/DBrown/Gettis

Team B: Tolbert/Forsett/Avery (team B owner has RMathews and is rebuilding)

I'm not sure that I understand. If B is rebuilding, doesn't that imply that they're not competitive this year? If so, why would they want a handcuff? I always thought of handcuffs for teams that were likely playoff bound. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like a handcuff for a rebuiding team would only hurt their chances of getting a top pick the following year?

I'm not sure that I understand. If B is rebuilding, doesn't that imply that they're not competitive this year? If so, why would they want a handcuff? I always thought of handcuffs for teams that were likely playoff bound. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like a handcuff for a rebuiding team would only hurt their chances of getting a top pick the following year?
Even if someone so-called rebuilding, a player should be trying to field a legitimate team that gives him opportunity to be competitive (he should not be playing to get the number 1 pick, imo). Rebuilding does not mean constructing a team that does not follow good principles of FF. I have seen re-buld jobs that get into the playoffs (and go far) when a couple pieces fall quicker than expected.

Even if someone so-called rebuilding, a player should be trying to field a legitimate team that gives him opportunity to be competitive (he should not be playing to get the number 1 pick, imo). Rebuilding does not mean constructing a team that does not follow good principles of FF. I have seen re-buld jobs that get into the playoffs (and go far) when a couple pieces fall quicker than expected.
I respectfully disagree. You should be trying to win. If you cannot, then you should do what's best for your team. If your team sucks and has no realistic chance at making the playoffs, then you need to do whatever it takes to make your team competitive the following year. If you believe that Tolbert can help you win if Mathews goes down, then I would say that you're not a re-building team. I'd rather make the playoffs or really suck. What's the point of being mediocre?

I respectfully disagree. You should be trying to win. If you cannot, then you should do what's best for your team. If your team sucks and has no realistic chance at making the playoffs, then you need to do whatever it takes to make your team competitive the following year. If you believe that Tolbert can help you win if Mathews goes down, then I would say that you're not a re-building team. I'd rather make the playoffs or really suck. What's the point of being mediocre?
I agree 100 percent...if you want all teams to compete for the current season, play redraft. A smart rebuild avoids the mediocre trap and leverages the draft process by taking the team down to a young core the owner can build from

12 team PPRA gave up:Jackson, Steven STL RBB gave up:Greene, Shonn NYJ RBFord, Jacoby OAK WR
I have S-Jax in several leagues, and no one wants to touch him. Nice value here.
Gonna have to disagree here. Sure, his value is down and it's probably too late to get good value but this isn't good value, IMO. There's only 2 yrs age difference as Greene will be turning 26 this year. In 1-2 more yrs, Greene's value will be trending downward as well. The thing is, you know what you get in SJax and that is a top FF producer. Greene has yet to show anything and took a backseat to a 31 yo LT. There's no guarantee that will ever change this year. While I like Ford a lot, he's not enough to go from a top FF producer to a big question mark that hasn't shown much in 2 yrs and is much older than others in his class. I'd stomach it a little more if SJax were older, but he's still only 27 and is still one of the few bellcows in the league.
I like the trade as I would take Greene straight up over Sjax.

You are assuming that the team that is rebuilding has no realistic chance at making the playoffs - but we don't know that. There is rebuilding and there is rebuilding. I have owned rebuilding teams that did not have the firepower to advance in the playoffs (if they got there) but I kept my options open in the event I was lucky. Over the years I advanced to two league championship games (and won one of those) with teams that arguably were not that competitive for that year. And you never know who you might snag on the waiver wire (see Peyton Hillis & Brandon Lloyd) or have a player considered marginal who suddenly becomes a hot fantasy commodity (McFadden is the most recent example that comes to mind).My point is that one should always keep one's options open in the event the stars align properly and you unexpectedly find yourself in the playoffs (which I did with a 5-8 team one year) as sometimes planning for an unlikely contingency pays off.On an unrelated note, I think people are overlooking that the rebuilding team now has Matthews and Tolbert to use in a package deal if they want to make another trade this season (it makes a more attractive offer if you can include the backup). Also, Tolbert has said that he considers himself good enough to be a NFL starter - yeah, they all say that, but maybe he will follow a career path like Michael Turner (unlikely, but who knows for sure?).

You might suck because you are busy playing bad fantasy football (btw, I am not saying pick up Tolbert at the same price a though you were a contender, but at a reasonable price)....If nothing else picking up Tolbert and having him to pair with Matthews increases the value of Matthews on the trade market and/or since tolbert looks like a two or three year handucuff, having him already would be to your benefit.

The only legitmate reason for not picking up Tolbert (see above) would be if you think that the roster spot could best be served by running higher upside guys through that spot (and that is not what is being argued).

You are assuming that the team that is rebuilding has no realistic chance at making the playoffs - but we don't know that. There is rebuilding and there is rebuilding. I have owned rebuilding teams that did not have the firepower to advance in the playoffs (if they got there) but I kept my options open in the event I was lucky. Over the years I advanced to two league championship games (and won one of those) with teams that arguably were not that competitive for that year. And you never know who you might snag on the waiver wire (see Peyton Hillis & Brandon Lloyd) or have a player considered marginal who suddenly becomes a hot fantasy commodity (McFadden is the most recent example that comes to mind).My point is that one should always keep one's options open in the event the stars align properly and you unexpectedly find yourself in the playoffs (which I did with a 5-8 team one year) as sometimes planning for an unlikely contingency pays off.On an unrelated note, I think people are overlooking that the rebuilding team now has Matthews and Tolbert to use in a package deal if they want to make another trade this season (it makes a more attractive offer if you can include the backup). Also, Tolbert has said that he considers himself good enough to be a NFL starter - yeah, they all say that, but maybe he will follow a career path like Michael Turner (unlikely, but who knows for sure?).
I agree with what you're saying and it's probably just semantics, but if you have a realistic chance at making the playoffs, then you're a competitive team.In my dynasty in the off-season leading up to 2010, an owner decided to rebuild and traded away his two studs for prospects and picks. He had no chance of competing and fielded Sanchez all year and no QB on the bye since he didn't even have another QB. Instead of trading for Garrard or picking up an OAK QB, he decided it was best to suck all last year and now he looks really competitive, assuming one of his two top four rookie picks can hit this year.

12 Team 24 man roster Dynasty League, PPR standard scoring, with College (Devy) players. This is in addition to the normal rookies draftd. The number of college players allowed for the entire league is 12.

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 FLEX (RB, WR, TE)

Team A gave up

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB

Torain, Ryan WAS RB

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR

Robiskie, Brian CLE WR

Team B gave up

Jackson, Brandon GBP RB

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB

Aromashodu, Devin CHI WR

Robinson, Laurent STL WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.05

Team A Gave:

Flacco, Joe BAL QB

Team B Gave:

Tate, Brandon NEP WR

Team C Gave:

Doucet, Early ARI WR

Team A Gave:

Dwyer, Jonathan PIT RB

Team A Gave:

Cook, Jared TEN TE

Team D Gave:

Tate, Golden SEA WR

I'm Team A in these deals and could use some WR help.

Team A Gave: Darren McFadden

Team B Gave: Mike Williams (TB)

Team A Gave: Sam Bradford, Jon Stewart, Mike Thomas, 2012 2nd

Team B Gave: Drew Brees, 1.1

Team A Gave: Flacco, Joe BAL QB3.05Team B Gave: Tate, Brandon NEP WR2.01Team C Gave:Doucet, Early ARI WRTeam A Gave:Dwyer, Jonathan PIT RBTeam A Gave: Cook, Jared TEN TETeam D Gave:Tate, Golden SEA WRI'm Team A in these deals and could use some WR help.
Well, do something to get some WR help. You wasted time & talent for nothing in value!

'r0llin_game said:
'JPeso said:
Team A Gave: Darren McFaddenTeam B Gave: Mike Williams (TB)Team A Gave: Sam Bradford, Jon Stewart, Mike Thomas, 2012 2ndTeam B Gave: Drew Brees, 1.1
That's a steal for DMC
There a round apart in start-ups so the new DMC owner got some free value there, but I think the market has him priced wrong.

'lexus said:
Team A Gave: Flacco, Joe BAL QB3.05Team B Gave: Tate, Brandon NEP WR2.01Team C Gave:Doucet, Early ARI WRTeam A Gave:Dwyer, Jonathan PIT RBTeam A Gave: Cook, Jared TEN TETeam D Gave:Tate, Golden SEA WRI'm Team A in these deals and could use some WR help.
Well, do something to get some WR help. You wasted time & talent for nothing in value!
I agree with this. Not good value for Flacco or Cook. Dwyer is meh

'r0llin_game said:
'JPeso said:
Team A Gave: Darren McFaddenTeam B Gave: Mike Williams (TB)Team A Gave: Sam Bradford, Jon Stewart, Mike Thomas, 2012 2ndTeam B Gave: Drew Brees, 1.1
That's a steal for DMC
There a round apart in start-ups so the new DMC owner got some free value there, but I think the market has him priced wrong.
Too high or too low?
I'd like to see DMC stay healthy for a year before ranking him a top 20 player, so I'd say too high.

'lexus said:
I agree with this. Not good value for Flacco or Cook. Dwyer is meh
I didn't expect the Flacco trade to be a popular one since I'm not as high on him as most. Definitely a gamble on my side and pick #13 will have to become a low level starter or solid backup for me in a few years in order for this one to work out. I think Golden Tate is being written off too soon because of high rookie expectations. He's one of my favorite buy-low WRs this offseason. Dwyer is also meh to me. I probably would have cut him anyway to make room for my rookie picks in less than 2 weeks, so even if Doucet doesn't last long on my roster it's still a wash.

S will give

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.04

Year 2011 Draft Pick 4.11

To B for

Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.07

Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.08

Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.10

12 team league

12 team PPR:

A gave: Brady/3.11/4.12

B gave Romo/3.03

A gave: McCluster/Tony Gonzalez

B gave: R Jennings/Avery

MJD forCollie, 1.12
Oh, what the ####. No way.
While there's no way I would make that deal, if Collie was able to perform as he did last season, it wouldn't be so bad. Of course this fails to take into account that Collie's value is low right now due to his concussion issues. I know that the news has been positive concenring MJD's knee recently, but it all really came from him and personally I still have a few doubts - so I wouldn't label this one as terrible, just as a panic move by the MJD owner.

MJD forCollie, 1.12
Oh, what the ####. No way.
While there's no way I would make that deal, if Collie was able to perform as he did last season, it wouldn't be so bad. Of course this fails to take into account that Collie's value is low right now due to his concussion issues. I know that the news has been positive concenring MJD's knee recently, but it all really came from him and personally I still have a few doubts - so I wouldn't label this one as terrible, just as a panic move by the MJD owner.
Sure, but when you have to hope for the best-case scenario on your half of the deal, and the worst-case on the half you're giving away, for it to come out in your favor...that's not a good sign.Especially since MJD is an elite talent, and Collie is just a guy who puts up elite production, with an elite QB. Not on the same level, talent-wise (although I like Collie as a buy-low this offseason--this is not buying low).

10-Team Dynasty Salary Cap League ($250 cap)

TEAM A trades

WR Andre Johnson ($33; under contract 2 more seasons)

Rookie pick 1.02

TEAM B trades

WR Dez Bryant ($11; under contract 4 more seasons)

Rookie pick 1.08

2012 1st Rounder

PPR

Battle Plan gave up Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB; Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Battle Plan

2 Minute Drillers gave up Cotchery, Jerricho NYJ WR; Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from 2 Minute Drillers

I got Cotchery and already have Wells, Greene, McCoy, Moreno, Hillis/Hardesty and Woodhead at RB

McCoy's week is same as Pats. Woodhead would be on the block too, but I'm from Nebraska. Been trying to shop RB's, but nobody would pay

S will giveYear 2011 Draft Pick 2.04Year 2011 Draft Pick 4.11To B forYear 2011 Draft Pick 3.07Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.08Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.1012 team league
is this a IDP league?
no, I got 2.04. was pretty surprised to see the offer, but honestly it's not that bad. Should be some decent lottery picks during a may draft. 2.04 is a risk as well. This draft is deep IMO, those picks could be valuable. hit on 2 of 3 v 1 chance...and you win. I just don't have roster spots

Users who are viewing this thread