What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2012 Official Philadelphia Eagles Post Mortem Thread *** (1 Viewer)

@JasonLaCanfora: Eagles and Kelly could not get together last time due to issues of power. Will be interesting to see if Kelly has final say in personnel
And I hope he does.You don't hire a system coach and then hamstring him from bringing in players to fit his system.Plus, Chip Kelly wasn't in the draft room during the Eagles' '10 and '11 drafts, which by default means I trust him more than I do anyone who was.

Wow did not see this coming. I was bummed out that Gus left town. Then now the #1 guy IMO is announced. Way to go Eagles. Going to be fun to see it play out.

@JasonLaCanfora: Eagles and Kelly could not get together last time due to issues of power. Will be interesting to see if Kelly has final say in personnel
And I hope he does.You don't hire a system coach and then hamstring him from bringing in players to fit his system.

Plus, Chip Kelly wasn't in the draft room during the Eagles' '10 and '11 drafts, which by default means I trust him more than I do anyone who was.
:lmao:

And I hope he does.You don't hire a system coach and then hamstring him from bringing in players to fit his system.Plus, Chip Kelly wasn't in the draft room during the Eagles' '10 and '11 drafts, which by default means I trust him more than I do anyone who was.
I think a monkey with a dart was the only thing in the draft room during those 2 years

@JordanRaanan: Guess that stuff about working for GM Howie Roseman and #eagles might not be true. Roseman will be accepting apology letters until September
Yeah I'm very interested to see which one this is.If it was the sanctions then he more then likely just took the better deal. Maybe Laurie just made the call? Hell, maybe Howie isnt that bad?I'm looking forward to see how it plays out

I think a monkey with a dart was the only thing in the draft room during those 2 years
:lmao: :lmao:

@JayGlazer: I'm told after Brian Kelly flirtation Eagles and Chip re-started talks but never got serious until last 24 hours@JordanRaanan: As I said from beginning, Chip Kelly was #Eagles' No. 1 or 1a choice. Also, don't necessarily see him needing running QB as most suggest.@willbrinson: Chip Kelly on Nick Foles in 2011: "Hell of a football player. That kid’s a warrior. He’s as good as anyone in the country.”@SheilKapadia: Here's the story from @GregABedard about Kelly's influence on the Patriots' offense: http://t.co/ThQyskTc

Wonder if they now try to trade up and secure Geno Smith.
I think the bigger question is if he entertains the idea of keeping Vick....
Or maybe both. Bring Vick back for 1-2 years and grab Geno and groom him for down the line. But that being said the "new" NFL just seems to bring in these rookie QB's and let them go at it in year one.
Vick carries a 15 million dollar cap--he's gone
whoose to say he doesnt restructure?

Wonder if they now try to trade up and secure Geno Smith.
I think the bigger question is if he entertains the idea of keeping Vick....
Or maybe both. Bring Vick back for 1-2 years and grab Geno and groom him for down the line. But that being said the "new" NFL just seems to bring in these rookie QB's and let them go at it in year one.
Vick carries a 15 million dollar cap--he's gone
whoose to say he doesnt restructure?
No need. Youre going to be cut and get the best deal

I guess I'm the only person that isn't that excited about this. Not that I don't like him as a coach, but the way he was indecisive last year with the bucs, then decides to stay at Oregon this year, and then changes his mind, makes me think of Petrino and Saban. Just a week ago he decided it was better for him to stay at Oregon.
probably

From Ian Rapaport:Names to watch for #Eagles DC: UGA's Todd Grantham, UF's Dan Quinn. Both schooled in stopping spread offenses, both with NFL experience

I just posted in the 2013 thread that candidates for DC would be:Rob Ryan -- NOT AT ALL my choice, but he's not yet official in STL and would probably love a chance to stick it to the BoysLovie Smith -- The dream choice, but I doubt he'll take a DC job but instead sit out a year and do media until next year's HC optionsRay Horton -- If he doesn't get Cardinals HC job (and it appears he won't), I would love to have his aggressive style in PhillyTodd Grantham -- Eagles have already identified him as a possibility if we hired Bradley, so we have to keep him in mind

'Deamon said:
'Deranged Hermit said:
Good news for the Eagles. Now, if my Bears would just hire someone.... :mellow:
Was this sarcasm referring to your unhappiness with the Bears coach that was hired?
Yup. Gotta love getting someone whose been out of the NFL for 8 years. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

'delusional said:
Maybe Kelly got more information about possible sanctions and thought, screw this.
When I saw the news of Kelly on my phone that was my first thought. That or he found out Oregon lied about sanctions possible and told him nothing was coming. Who really knows though?

'Jason Wood said:
I just posted in the 2013 thread that candidates for DC would be:Rob Ryan -- NOT AT ALL my choice, but he's not yet official in STL and would probably love a chance to stick it to the BoysLovie Smith -- The dream choice, but I doubt he'll take a DC job but instead sit out a year and do media until next year's HC optionsRay Horton -- If he doesn't get Cardinals HC job (and it appears he won't), I would love to have his aggressive style in PhillyTodd Grantham -- Eagles have already identified him as a possibility if we hired Bradley, so we have to keep him in mind
Has Marinelli been retained in Chicago?Perhaps a promising LB coach like Ken Norton?What's Jim Bates up to these days?

'delusional said:
Gus Bus rolls out and the Chip Ship sails in
Les Bowen ?@LesBowenTold Eagles reestablished contact w/Chip Kelly Jan. 8. Talks heated up over weekend. But Birds were ready 2 hire Gus Bradley if he declined

'Jason Wood said:
Has Marinelli been retained in Chicago?Perhaps a promising LB coach like Ken Norton?What's Jim Bates up to these days?
It's been reported that Trestman intends to keep Marinelli, although I don't know if that's official. Norton is an interesting name, not sure if he's ready for DC responsibilities, but he's been an NFL assistant for a long while now and will have some luster b/c he's one of Gus Bradley's guys.

Users who are viewing this thread