What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Fantasy Team Names (1 Viewer)

This week's most popular fantasy football team names

By Eric Kay | CBSSports.com

August 16, 2013 5:17 pm ET

With less than three weeks until the start of the fantasy football season, we're here to check in on the trending names in CBSSports.com leagues.

Last week, we told you that the timeless, "Show me your TDs" was the most common name from 2012.

Well, it's back.

Over the past week, it's the second-most common name change or new name.

It's behind Carlos Danger, which has become the most popular name this offseason among you, our faithful fantasy players.

While it's nice to see Heisenberg shoot up in popularity, the top 10 rising names are well, a bit bland.

And while I eagerly await to see what all those TBDs evolve to, I imagine some will transition into some sort of Aaron Hernandez-related team name. Variations on the name of the former Patriots tight end, and resident of Bristol County Jail, are showing up repeatedly among the list of new handles.

A sampling:

• Hernandezs Hitmen
  • Free Hernandez
  • Hernandezs Pistol
  • Aaron Murdermyfriendz
  • Caught red Hernandez
Rebels, the lot of ya.

On to the top 10 names from the week of August 12. We'll keep tabs on this list each week heading into the season. Oh, and don't forget to sign up for a league and stuff.

1. Carlos Danger
  2. Show me your TDs
  3. TBD
  4. Da Bears
  5. Heisenberg
  6. Cowboys
  7. Steel Curtain
  8. Victorious Secret
  9. Prestige Worldwide
  10. Big Blue
Non-Hernandez notables:

• Password is Taco
  • Multiple scoregasms
  • Somewhere over Dwayne Bowe
  • Luck Dynasty
  • Riley KKKooper
  • Turn your head and Coughlin
  • Boston Tebow Party

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of these are unoriginal or lame. The best kinds are when you can play off a players name. Ill give it a whirl. Te'o me say Teee'o. See what I did there?

Or

Stacy loves lacy

franklin beans

oops, eifert'd

Kennan allen wyans

Cmon people!

Most of these are unoriginal or lame. The best kinds are when you can play off a players name. Ill give it a whirl. Te'o me say Teee'o. See what I did there?

Or

Stacy loves lacy

franklin beans

oops, eifert'd

Kennan allen wyans

Cmon people!
I actually dislike those type of team names because, well, they do not sound like team names at all. If you want to play with words and have fun, fine. Do that. That doesn't make for a good "team name" though. But to each their own.

Have always gone Killer WonTons.

Thinking of changing it up based on keepers.

Givens me Fitz or Wreck-it Alfs.

Or

Stacy loves lacy

franklin beans

oops, eifert'd

Kennan allen wyans

Cmon people!
I actually dislike those type of team names because, well, they do not sound like team names at all.If you want to play with words and have fun, fine. Do that. That doesn't make for a good "team name" though. But to each their own.
Yeah, Ive never used a name like that, and actually never recall anyone in my league doing that outside dog stuff with Vick that year.

Its like making a name like that is trying to be smart and funny, but its not.

I am disappointed the 2 that I came up with this morning are a couple letters too long for yahoo's 20 character limit.

Slutty Zombie Jailbait

Ragin Granny Squirters

Actually the first one works without spaces. Hmmmm

Some names I've used:

Wabasha Pipe Layers

Piece of Corn and Peanut Poop

Tight Butthole

Ell Roberson's Love Child

Some of my notable team names:

Potted Plants

Pissed off Whales

Apples

Professor Chaos (pic of Leopold 'Butters' Scotch as Professor Chaos)

At least one Lacedaemonian per season.

Whatever. IDGAF to try and be cutise wootsie (un)original

Some of my notable team names:

Potted Plants

Pissed off Whales

Apples

Professor Chaos (pic of Leopold 'Butters' Scotch as Professor Chaos)

At least one Lacedaemonian per season.

Whatever. IDGAF to try and be cutise wootsie (un)original
I like those names. They are good and remind me of some of my good ones-

Seattle Shrubs

Buffalo Dentists

Tree

Denver Dixie Cups

Wyoming Stoves

Mississippi Xylophonists

Miami Meat Clamps

Tennessee Watermelons

Users who are viewing this thread