What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Kansas City Chiefs - The Road to 19-0 (1 Viewer)

What week will Alex Smith break the single season passing TD record?

• Week 12 vs San Diego

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Week 13 vs Denver

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Week 14 @ Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week 15 @ Oakland

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Week 16 vs Indianapolis

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Week 17 @ San Diego

Votes: 25 39.1%

• Total voters

QuizGuy66

Footballguy
This is going to happen. Might as well start this now.

Sep 8 @Jacksonville W 28-2
Sep 15 Dallas W 17-16
Sep 19 @Philadelphia W 26-16
Sep 29 Giants W 31-7
Oct 6 @Tennessee W 26-17
Oct 13 Oakland W 24-7
Oct 20 Houston W 17-16
Oct 27 Cleveland
Nov 3 @Buffalo

Week 10 BYE

Nov 17 @Denver
Nov 24 San Diego
Dec 1 Denver
Dec 8 @Washington
Dec 15 @Oakland
Dec 22 Indianapolis
Dec 29 @San Diego

They might win them all some by double digits. Enjoy the run Broncos Chiefs fans.
-QG

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I'll bite on the obvious troll post.

I think they go 14-2. I think they'll lose Nov 17 @Denver and Dec 8th @Washington and sweep the remainder of the season. Then proceed to get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.

I think they go 14-2. I think they'll lose Nov 17 @Denver and Dec 8th @Washington and sweep the remainder of the season. Then proceed to get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs.
Well that would be impossible since they most assuredly wouldn't be playing in the first round with that record.

Troll post but still fun. I'll play along.

Final record, 14-2. They will lose @ Den and @ SD.

I don't have them winning the Super Bowl, but I think they have as good a shot as anyone right now. If KC locks up home field throughout it will be tough to beat them in the playoffs. Still, I'm sticking with my preseason picks of Cinci and Sea in the Super Bowl, with Cinci winning.

Umm, as to the last part... Lol.

Insein said:
Khy said:

Well that would be impossible since they most assuredly wouldn't be playing in the first round with that record.
If Denver's only other loss is the loss to them and they both go 14-2? And both go 5-1 in the division? What does the tie breaker come down to? I believe it's Strength of Victory? The Chiefs play an "easier" schedule this season based on current W-L percentages. Chiefs Opp currently have a 46.6% ratio and Broncos have a 49.54%. So the Broncos would still finish in 1st place, leaving the Chiefs as the top Wild Card seed.

Insein said:
Khy said:

If Denver's only other loss is the loss to them and they both go 14-2? And both go 5-1 in the division? What does the tie breaker come down to? I believe it's Strength of Victory? The Chiefs play an "easier" schedule this season based on current W-L percentages. Chiefs Opp currently have a 46.6% ratio and Broncos have a 49.54%. So the Broncos would still finish in 1st place, leaving the Chiefs as the top Wild Card seed.
Maybe if KC goes on the road for Wild Card weekend with a 14-2 record the same day Dallas is hosting a home playoff game at 7-9, it will finally serve to shame the NFL into doing what they should have been doing all along - seeding the playoffs by record rather than by division.

Insein said:
Khy said:

Nope, if they are both 14-2...

1) Head-to-head tied 1-1

2) Division will go to Denver if KC's other loss is to Oakland or San Diego (Den 5-1, KC 4-2). Otherwise tied 5-1.

3) Common Games will go to KC if KC's other loss is to Buffalo or Cleveland. That would make KC 12-0 in common games to 11-1 for Den. Otherwise tied at 11-1.

4) Conference Record to get to this point, KC's loss can't be to Oakland, San Diego, Buffalo or Cleveland. If KC's loss is to Washington, then they win this tiebreaker (11-1 to 10-2). Otherwise it goes to step 5 as they'll be tied 11-1.

5) Strength of victory. To get to this scenario, KC's loss has to be to Indianpolis. And only Indianapolis. Every other possibility is covered above.

In case 5 these are the wins for DEN: OAK OAK SD SD KC GIANTS PHIL DAL WASH JAX TEN HOU NE BAL

In case 5 these are the wins for KC: OAK OAK SD SD DEN GIANTS PHIL DAL WASH JAX TEN HOU BUF CLE

12 of the wins cancel each other out (same opponent) leaving

DEN: NE and BAL

KC: BUF and CLEV

Denver has the tiebreaker if New England and Baltimore combined have a better record than Buffalo and Cleveland.

Kansas City has the tiebreaker if Buffalo and Cleveland combined have a better record than New England and Baltimore.

If they are the same you go to step 6

6) Strength of schedule. Which will be tied. Because the only games that are different are the two games in #5. Which are tied. Go to #7.

7) Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed. How awesome would it be to come down to this? :) and so on

-QG

8 through 12 for the die-hards:

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in common games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

12. Coin toss

-QG

Happy for KC fans but this has about a zero chance of happening. The offense is pretty anemic at times, props to the KC defense but they have poured drafts picks after draft picks into t so they should be strong.

13-3 perhaps, they will not go 19-0, NO WAY!!!

Insein said:
Khy said:

Maybe if KC goes on the road for Wild Card weekend with a 14-2 record the same day Dallas is hosting a home playoff game at 7-9, it will finally serve to shame the NFL into doing what they should have been doing all along - seeding the playoffs by record rather than by division.
Yeah... I mean. Sure, there should be 1 division winner and 2 wild cards. But if by some miracle 2 14-2 teams came out of the same division. Or a 15-1 team and a 14-2 team? Then they should be the Top 2 seeds in the conference. A 14-2 team or even a 13-3 team playing in the WC rounds is a disgrace. If we get to see the 14-2 Chiefs take on the 8-8 Cincinnati Bengals at Cincinnati in the WC Round or something. I'll vomit.

12-4... wheels going to come off at some point. They can't stay healthy the entire season, it would be unfair to every other team.

But seriously, though, has KC had the least amount of key injuries of any NFL team? That can be a pretty big factor in how far a team goes in the playoffs.

Look at this junk. Not one person was out for the game. All Probable/Questionable.

Donnie Avery WR Shoulder Full Participation in Practice Probable

Jaye Howard DT Not Injury Related Full Participation in Practice Probable

Branden Albert T Knee Full Participation in Practice Probable

Jeff Allen G Groin Full Participation in Practice Probable

Jon Asamoah G Knee Full Participation in Practice Probable

Anthony Fasano TE Knee Limited Participation in Practice Probable

Kevin Brock TE Shoulder Full Participation in Practice Probable

Dustin Colquitt P right Knee Full Participation in Practice Probable

Anthony Sherman RB Knee Full Participation in Practice Probable

Kendrick Lewis S Ankle Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

Dontari Poe DT Ankle Full Participation in Practice Probable

Dezman Moses LB Toe Full Participation in Practice Probable

Brandon Flowers CB Knee Limited Participation in Practice Probable

Meanwhile, the Packers for comparison... And this doesn't even list guys on IR (Cobb, Bulaga, Harris, possibly Finley very soon). Five guys out + 3-4 on IR.

Jarrett Bush CB Hamstring Limited Participation in Practice Questionable

Andy Mulumba LB Ankle Limited Participation in Practice Probable

Greg Van Roten G Foot Out (Definitely Will Not Play) Out

Brad Jones LB Hamstring Out (Definitely Will Not Play) Out

Sam Barrington LB Hip Did Not Participate In Practice Probable

Clay Matthews LB Thumb Out (Definitely Will Not Play) Out

Ryan Pickett DT Hand Full Participation in Practice Probable

James Starks RB Knee Out (Definitely Will Not Play) Out

Casey Hayward CB Hamstring Limited Participation in Practice Out

12-4... wheels going to come off at some point. They can't stay healthy the entire season, it would be unfair to every other team.

But seriously, though, has KC had the least amount of key injuries of any NFL team? That can be a pretty big factor in how far a team goes in the playoffs.

Look at this junk. Not one person was out for the game. All Probable/Questionable.

Cincy has been really healthy too, I don't think they had one player on their injury report last week.

I don't think the Chiefs win more than 11. At some point the pendulum will swing the other way in terms of how many breaks they are getting right now.

Because they are getting EVERY break right now. From injuries, to other team's QB's going down...etc. Don't get me wrong, I am really kind of enjoying this right now, but years of being a Chiefs fan have taught me it's all going to come crashing down.

I thank Lin Elliott.

I don't think the Chiefs win more than 11. At some point the pendulum will swing the other way in terms of how many breaks they are getting right now.

Because they are getting EVERY break right now. From injuries, to other team's QB's going down...etc. Don't get me wrong, I am really kind of enjoying this right now, but years of being a Chiefs fan have taught me it's all going to come crashing down.

I thank Lin Elliott.
Ok, time to start really enjoying this, the Chiefs were looking great befor the year, now they're looking better than expected - I had thought 7-9, 8-8 but with this start they're a lock for the playoffs and maybe to go deep.

The Denver game will be the biggest in KC in at least a decade.

My bold prediction, Terrelle Pryor, not "RG Look at Me" will derail the undefeated season.

Also, minimal chance Alex keeps current rate of play up...

Can't vote. Obviously flawed poll with the third part.

Chiefs are greatly improved, but a longshot for the SUperBowl, let alone 19-0

The worst finish by a team that started at least 7-0? 11-5. The 2000 Vikings and 1985 Rams lost the NFC Championship game. The 1991 Saints lost the wild card game.

I'm probably the biggest Chiefs homer on this board and there is NO WAY they go 19-0. To even suggest such a thing is silly. I live in KC and everyone here is extremely excited about this team. I saw someone post earlier that the Chiefs needed more fans but considering they have attendence of over 76k and they just bbroke the world record for loudest stadium I think we're doing just fine. I think they will finish the regular season 12-4 or 13-3. If they get homefield advantage in the playoffs, going to the Super Bowl is a real possibility but no way they make it that far if they have to win 3 games on the road. The Chiefs defense is the real deal and I think the offense will improve. People like to crack on the Chiefs schedule but we've played the same teams as Denver except 2 opponents. After winning 2 games last season I'm just happy to see winning football.

I'll play along.13-3. lost yesterday,and will again lose to Denver in two weeks , and also to Indy Dec 22nd..

probably will exit the playoffs on their first game after the playoff bye, or the Championship game, because we all know what

Andy Reid's record is as a HC in Championship games..

This team reminds me of the 2008Titans - the Kerry Collins era - when they were 13-3 looking like they were bound for the SB, home field advantage, first round bye, lost to the Ravens 13-10.

when the games matter most, Andy Reid will find a way to coach himself into a loss..always has, always will..

Users who are viewing this thread