What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 KEEPER HELP (1 Viewer)

What do you guys think of these moves I pulled off in my keeper league. Keep in mind its a H2H, pts league with scoring a bit more heavily weighted towards pitching. We keep 5.I traded Reyes and my #8 pick for Castro, Shields, and #1 pick (which I plan on drafting Matt Moore)I traded Shields & Zobrist for CSantanaSo now my 5 keepers are JUp, Grienke, Castro, Santana, and one of Pence, Cruz, Sandoval, or Kennedy.Who should be my 5th keeper? Im leaning Sandoval. Cruz always gets hurt, Pence is solid but not spectacular, Kennedy was awesome last year but I can get plenty of pitching in the next 2 rounds, and Sandoval is only 25 yrs old and pretty good at a shallow position.
It depends on roster requirements, but I probably think you should keep Pablo and Cruz instead of Santana. Kennedy isn't in the same category as any of them, but Pence is close to Cruz. Just a matter of how much risk you want at that spot.

Who is more keeper worthy in 5X5

Vance Worley

Julio Teheran

Alfredo Aceves

All of them might start, who will?

Vance Worley

Julio Teheran

Alfredo Aceves

Not sure what the question is?Worley is DEFINITELY in the Phillies rotation

Teheran may start in April while Hudson is out

Aceves is trying to get into the Boston rotation

Vance Worley

Julio Teheran

Alfredo Aceves

Teheran. He'll be an easy cut if he doesn't have a hot start or he could be this year's Beachy. I think the rest of the league will catch up to Worley and he'll struggle. I don't see the upside in Aceves.

i have 1st pick in my keeper league. we keep five players so this is essentially a 6th rd pick. this is a h2h pts league, so pitchers go a bit earlier than in standard roto leagues. these are the best players available that im considering...

bruce, hosmer, pence

moore, kennedy, romero, bumgarner

my five keepers are jup, grienke, santana, castro, and sandoval...

i dont think i can pass up moores upside even though 6th is a bit of a stretch but it is a keeper. not too many great bats. intrigues by bruce but i think i need pitching more. imo this comes down to bruce or moore and im leaning moore

Last edited by a moderator:
i have 1st pick in my keeper league. we keep five players so this is essentially a 6th rd pick. this is a h2h pts league, so pitchers go a bit earlier than in standard roto leagues. these are the best players available that im considering...bruce, hosmer, pencemoore, kennedy, romeromy five keepers are jup, grienke, santana, castro, and sandoval...i dont think i can pass up moores upside even though 6th is a bit of a stretch but it is a keeper. not too many great bats. intrigues by bruce but i think i need pitching more. imo this comes down to bruce or moore and im leaning moore
Definitely Bruce, you can play catch up in pitching as the draft goes on. Same can't be said for Bruce's combo of power and age. He's good for 30+ in a good batting spot and probably has a 40 HR season in him at some point in his career. Might steal a few bags too, but that may die off given his success rate.Besides, you already have an arm to build around. It isn't like you're going into the draft looking for your ace. Look for a combo of Beachy, Luebke, Garza, Zimmermann, etc. in a few rounds. You'll be fine.

Can keep 5. Standard $260 auction budget. Here is who I am thinking:

J.Hellickson $8

M.Montero $5

A.Wainwright $2

M.Holliday $37

D.Price $22

Other options:

J.Hamilton $39

F.Hernandez $32

M.Moustakas $5

D.Ackley $5

J.Francoeur $5

E.Longoria $44

J.Papelbon $11

Stick with who I was planning, or keep anybody else? Keeper prices can carry over to eternity. So, no uptick for future years. Debating Moustakas and Ackley for that reason (maybe instead of Holliday or Price). TIA.

Can keep 5. Standard $260 auction budget. Here is who I am thinking:

J.Papelbon $11 - you know your leaguemates better than I do but my gut says this is a bargain for a top closer

A.Wainwright $2 - I have concerns about him this year but at this price I sure don't

E.Longoria $44 - if you're going the extra buck for anyone over $30 it's him

M.Moustakas $5 - I feel better about him than Price, with Wainwright being dirt cheap you can build a solid pitching staff in the auction. 3B's may be harder to come by...plus as you said this is for eternity.

D.Price $22 - Him and Montero are the last spot in my eyes, little pricy for my liking

Other options:

M.Montero $5 - if it's a 2 C league then keep him instead

M.Holliday $37 - way too expensive

J.Hellickson $8 - I see major potential regression, maybe you can trade him before the keeper deadline?

J.Hamilton $39

F.Hernandez $32

D.Ackley $5

J.Francoeur $5

In an AL only keeper league, is Billy Butler a keeper or a dime a dozen 1B/DH? He's only 25 and I'm afraid to let him go right before he explodes.

Here's my team:

Santana

Cano

Longoria

Cruz

Jennings

Bautista

Weaver

Hellickson

And one more keeper to choose from:

Butler

Markakis

Kendrick

Morneau

Rasmus

Buchholz

Considering my other options, it's probably best to go with Butler, right?

eta: It's a H2H points league.

i think what you see is what you get from butler. good ba, decent rbi, lots of doubles. id almost prefer to keep rasmus and cross my fingers

i think what you see is what you get from butler. good ba, decent rbi, lots of doubles. id almost prefer to keep rasmus and cross my fingers
Rasmus is intriguing to me, I've definitely thought about keeping him. All I keep hearing, for multiple seasons now, is that a bunch of Butler's doubles will become HR's. Don't know if that will ever happen, but if he comes a 30 homer guy, then he goes up a level.

In an AL only keeper league, is Billy Butler a keeper or a dime a dozen 1B/DH? He's only 25 and I'm afraid to let him go right before he explodes. Here's my team:SantanaCanoLongoriaCruzJenningsBautistaWeaver HellicksonAnd one more keeper to choose from:ButlerMarkakisKendrickMorneauRasmusBuchholzConsidering my other options, it's probably best to go with Butler, right?eta: It's a H2H points league.
I think Kendrick is a much better keeper than all of those guys. I'd also keep Rasmus over Hellickson. You may be able to flip Hell Boy into something nice pre keeper deadline too, I think he regresses big time this year.

'MAC_32 said:
I think Kendrick is a much better keeper than all of those guys. I'd also keep Rasmus over Hellickson. You may be able to flip Hell Boy into something nice pre keeper deadline too, I think he regresses big time this year.
I agree on Hellickson to an extent, he was somewhat lucky last year. But with starting 4 pitchers, I'm not thrilled about going into the draft with only one SP spot set with the most of the AL starters being the suck after the few top guys are kept.

'MAC_32 said:
I agree on Hellickson to an extent, he was somewhat lucky last year. But with starting 4 pitchers, I'm not thrilled about going into the draft with only one SP spot set with the most of the AL starters being the suck after the few top guys are kept.
I like Hellboy better than Rasmus. Rasmus could be good. Hellboy is good. But I do think I like the idea of keeping Kendrick over Butler. Flip a coin as 2B is deep in the AL this year.

Keeper question...2nd year in fantasy baseball and could use some help with my keepers please

AL Only 10 Team 5x5 Keeper League

Here is my roster currently and we keep 12 Major Leaguers and 4 Minor Leaguers. So far I'm leaning towards the 11 bolded players but need 1 more...

Gonzalez, Adrian

Gordon, Alex

Reynolds, Mark

Hardy, J.J.

Wieters, Matt

Beckham, Gordon

Boesch, Brennan

Gutierrez, Franklin

Nunez, Eduardo

Reddick, Josh

Jennings, Desmond

Varitek, Jason

Davis, Chris

Conger, Hank

Peguero, Carlos

Gentry, Craig

Pitchers

Verlander, Justin

Holland, Derek

Danks, John

Britton, Zach

Blackburn, Nick

Paulino, Felipe

Aceves, Alfredo

Stewart, Zach

Perez, Chris

Slowey, Kevin

Bailey, Andrew

Feldman, Scott

I guess my biggest question would be Boesch or Beckham or is there someone else I should be looking at?

If it helps, I'm keeping Dayan Viciedo, Matt Moore, Brad Peacock and AJ Cole as my minor league keepers. I will be picking 8th in the draft.

Thanks in advance!

'MAC_32 said:
Do you think you can get one ofRomeroMaxMorrowPinedaand two of MastersonSaleFloydMcCarthyBakerKurodaColbyDanksIf so I think you can feel good dropping Hell Boy, I don't think he's much better than those guys, if at all. There are lots of good fliers available too. Feliz, Peacock, Henderson Alvarez, Ogando, Jarrod Parker, Noesi, Iwakuma, and Bard stick out. Get two of them and you should be good for the year.

Keeper question...2nd year in fantasy baseball and could use some help with my keepers please

Here is my roster currently and we keep 12 Major Leaguers and 4 Minor Leaguers. So far I'm leaning towards the 11 bolded players but need 1 more...

Gonzalez, Adrian

Gordon, Alex

Reynolds, Mark

Hardy, J.J.

Wieters, Matt

Beckham, Gordon

Boesch, Brennan

Gutierrez, Franklin

Nunez, Eduardo

Reddick, Josh

Jennings, Desmond

Varitek, Jason

Davis, Chris

Conger, Hank

Peguero, Carlos

Gentry, Craig

Pitchers

Verlander, Justin

Holland, Derek

Danks, John

Britton, Zach

Blackburn, Nick

Paulino, Felipe

Aceves, Alfredo

Stewart, Zach

Perez, Chris

Slowey, Kevin

Bailey, Andrew

Feldman, Scott

I guess my biggest question would be Boesch or Beckham or is there someone else I should be looking at?

If it helps, I'm keeping Dayan Viciedo, Matt Moore, Brad Peacock and AJ Cole as my minor league keepers. I will be picking 8th in the draft.

Thanks in advance!
Definitely Boesch.Do you have any other potential minor league keepers other than Cole? I think he'll be decent (eventually), but really lacks the ceiling I'd want in a 4th keeper - especially being a pitcher

'MAC_32 said:
Do you think you can get one ofRomeroMaxMorrowPinedaand two of MastersonSaleFloydMcCarthyBakerKurodaColbyDanksIf so I think you can feel good dropping Hell Boy, I don't think he's much better than those guys, if at all. There are lots of good fliers available too. Feliz, Peacock, Henderson Alvarez, Ogando, Jarrod Parker, Noesi, Iwakuma, and Bard stick out. Get two of them and you should be good for the year.
Out of the first four, only Morrow is a definite, possibly Romero depending on who that team keeps. And the rest of your list will be in the draft. Out of them I like baker, Danks and Colby. My first round pick, i pick 4th out of 5 teams, I'm planning on grabbing Matt Moore for the long term keeper, he's stud material. Darvish could possibly be had there as well, but I like Moore first. So keeping Hellicksin while planning on drafting Moore probably isn't the greatest move either. Shields will also be available to draft as well.

i have 1st pick in my keeper league. we keep five players so this is essentially a 6th rd pick. this is a h2h pts league, so pitchers go a bit earlier than in standard roto leagues. these are the best players available that im considering...bruce, hosmer, pencemoore, kennedy, romero, bumgarnermy five keepers are jup, grienke, santana, castro, and sandoval...i dont think i can pass up moores upside even though 6th is a bit of a stretch but it is a keeper. not too many great bats. intrigues by bruce but i think i need pitching more. imo this comes down to bruce or moore and im leaning moore
Anymore opinions on this? I posted this on another board and a few people said Hosmer, some said Kennedy, MAC likes Bruce, and I like Moore. Quite the conundrum. FYI we can only keep for a max of 3 yrs.

i have 1st pick in my keeper league. we keep five players so this is essentially a 6th rd pick. this is a h2h pts league, so pitchers go a bit earlier than in standard roto leagues. these are the best players available that im considering...bruce, hosmer, pencemoore, kennedy, romero, bumgarnermy five keepers are jup, grienke, santana, castro, and sandoval...i dont think i can pass up moores upside even though 6th is a bit of a stretch but it is a keeper. not too many great bats. intrigues by bruce but i think i need pitching more. imo this comes down to bruce or moore and im leaning moore
Anymore opinions on this? I posted this on another board and a few people said Hosmer, some said Kennedy, MAC likes Bruce, and I like Moore. Quite the conundrum. FYI we can only keep for a max of 3 yrs.
Because of the 3 year rule, I might shy away from Moore and go with the definite production you will get from Bruce. You might only get a stellar year and a half from Moore vs 3 full years of Bruce. :2cents:

'MAC_32 said:
Out of the first four, only Morrow is a definite, possibly Romero depending on who that team keeps. And the rest of your list will be in the draft. Out of them I like baker, Danks and Colby. My first round pick, i pick 4th out of 5 teams, I'm planning on grabbing Matt Moore for the long term keeper, he's stud material. Darvish could possibly be had there as well, but I like Moore first. So keeping Hellicksin while planning on drafting Moore probably isn't the greatest move either. Shields will also be available to draft as well.
With all of those arms out there I think you can feel safe sending Hell Boy back...or packaging him in a trade.

Because of the 3 year rule, I might shy away from Moore and go with the definite production you will get from Bruce. You might only get a stellar year and a half from Moore vs 3 full years of Bruce. :2cents:
One caveat that I forgot to add. I own Kennedy and Pence (either one would be my 6th keeper if we could keep 6). So I could keep Kennedy (or Pence) and draft JUp #1 overall adding a year of eligibility. Does that make more sense to do? Pence > Bruce right? Is Kennedy > Moore?

I'd take Hosmer. I think he's going to be a BEAST this year.

One caveat that I forgot to add. I own Kennedy and Pence (either one would be my 6th keeper if we could keep 6). So I could keep Kennedy (or Pence) and draft JUp #1 overall adding a year of eligibility. Does that make more sense to do? Pence > Bruce right? Is Kennedy > Moore?
In a H2H pts league, I would go with the power in Bruce and Upton and keep Kennedy over Greinke. You have a good problem to figure out, isn't this the best time of the year??

'MAC_32 said:
With all of those arms out there I think you can feel safe sending Hell Boy back...or packaging him in a trade.
Yea, after looking at his stats he wasn't even that good last year. Not sure why I was set on keeping him, he's not even a K pitcher. :shrug: Going to heed my own advice and keep the offense then take a gamble on SP's in the draft. Thanks for the discussion.

Kennedy is a 3.5-3.75 pitcher with a decent but not great K rate that is more likely to end the year with closer to 10 wins than what he got in 2011. Don't pay for last year's wins. Kennedy's good, but he's not great and that's how he's being valued this year.

I'd take Hosmer. I think he's going to be a BEAST this year.
I urge you to look at Hosmer's home HR totals last year. LH power gets sapped in KC and Hosmer is no exception. Let someone else pay the high price this year, try to buy low(er) next year.

Gonzalez, Adrian

Gordon, Alex

Reynolds, Mark

Hardy, J.J.

Wieters, Matt

Beckham, Gordon

Boesch, Brennan

Gutierrez, Franklin

Nunez, Eduardo

Reddick, Josh

Jennings, Desmond

Varitek, Jason

Davis, Chris

Conger, Hank

Peguero, Carlos

Gentry, Craig

Pitchers

Verlander, Justin

Holland, Derek

Danks, John

Britton, Zach

Blackburn, Nick

Paulino, Felipe

Aceves, Alfredo

Stewart, Zach

Perez, Chris

Slowey, Kevin

Bailey, Andrew

Feldman, Scott

Thanks in advance!
Definitely Boesch.Do you have any other potential minor league keepers other than Cole? I think he'll be decent (eventually), but really lacks the ceiling I'd want in a 4th keeper - especially being a pitcher
Thanks, plus he's the homer pick! I could keep Chris Carter or Josh Bell over AJ Cole

Kennedy is a 3.5-3.75 pitcher with a decent but not great K rate that is more likely to end the year with closer to 10 wins than what he got in 2011. Don't pay for last year's wins. Kennedy's good, but he's not great and that's how he's being valued this year.
ok I think youve convinced me to go with Bruce. However, regarding the scenario above would you rather have JUp for 3 yrs, Pence for 2yrs or JUp for 2 yrs, Bruce for 3 yrs?

ok I think youve convinced me to go with Bruce. However, regarding the scenario above would you rather have JUp for 3 yrs, Pence for 2yrs or JUp for 2 yrs, Bruce for 3 yrs?
Upton/pence

Gonzalez, Adrian

Gordon, Alex

Reynolds, Mark

Hardy, J.J.

Wieters, Matt

Beckham, Gordon

Boesch, Brennan

Gutierrez, Franklin

Nunez, Eduardo

Reddick, Josh

Jennings, Desmond

Varitek, Jason

Davis, Chris

Conger, Hank

Peguero, Carlos

Gentry, Craig

Pitchers

Verlander, Justin

Holland, Derek

Danks, John

Britton, Zach

Blackburn, Nick

Paulino, Felipe

Aceves, Alfredo

Stewart, Zach

Perez, Chris

Slowey, Kevin

Bailey, Andrew

Feldman, Scott

Thanks in advance!
Thanks, plus he's the homer pick! I could keep Chris Carter or Josh Bell over AJ Cole
Wow. I almost forgot Baltimore Josh Bell existed! Yea, if those are your choices it's definitely Cole.

3 years of J Up.

3 years of J Up.
:goodposting: Hosmer stuff is moot if you can get JUp for 3 years while keeping Pence.

Little help with who to keep, This is a standard Head-Head league we can keep 3.

Brian McCann, Atl C

Paul Konerko, CWS 1B, DH

Kelly Johnson, Tor 2B

Emilio Bonifacio, Mia SS, 3B, OF

Derek Jeter, NYY SS

Jose Bautista, Tor 3B, OF

Jacoby Ellsbury, Bos OF

Alfonso Soriano, ChC OF

Darwin Barney, ChC 2B

Matt Holliday, StL OF

Huston Street, SD RP

Juan Oviedo, Mia RP SSPD

Mark Buehrle, Mia SP

Roy Oswalt, FA SP

Matt Garza, ChC SP

Heath Bell, Mia RP

Neftali Feliz, Tex RP

Roy Halladay, Phi SP

CC Sabathia, NYY SP

Ian Kennedy, Ari SP

Josh Collmenter, Ar

Was thinking CC and Bautista for sure and inbetween Hallady and Ellsbury for the third. Any help would be appreciated.

Little help with who to keep, This is a standard Head-Head league we can keep 3.Brian McCann, Atl C Paul Konerko, CWS 1B, DH Kelly Johnson, Tor 2B Emilio Bonifacio, Mia SS, 3B, OF Derek Jeter, NYY SS Jose Bautista, Tor 3B, OF Jacoby Ellsbury, Bos OF Alfonso Soriano, ChC OF Darwin Barney, ChC 2B Matt Holliday, StL OF Huston Street, SD RP Juan Oviedo, Mia RP SSPD Mark Buehrle, Mia SP Roy Oswalt, FA SP Matt Garza, ChC SP Heath Bell, Mia RP Neftali Feliz, Tex RP Roy Halladay, Phi SP CC Sabathia, NYY SP Ian Kennedy, Ari SP Josh Collmenter, ArWas thinking CC and Bautista for sure and inbetween Hallady and Ellsbury for the third. Any help would be appreciated.
Ellsbury and Bautista for sure. I lean Konerko for the 3rd. I'm assuming the top 5 1Bs get kept and it's ugly after Konerko goes. I'd rather just shore up 1B and leave yourself with plenty of options in the draft. It's easier to patch together a pitching staff than it is find a 1B that hits 30+ HR's with a good avg. that hits in the middle of the lineup.

Little help with who to keep, This is a standard Head-Head league we can keep 3.Brian McCann, Atl C Paul Konerko, CWS 1B, DH Kelly Johnson, Tor 2B Emilio Bonifacio, Mia SS, 3B, OF Derek Jeter, NYY SS Jose Bautista, Tor 3B, OF Jacoby Ellsbury, Bos OF Alfonso Soriano, ChC OF Darwin Barney, ChC 2B Matt Holliday, StL OF Huston Street, SD RP Juan Oviedo, Mia RP SSPD Mark Buehrle, Mia SP Roy Oswalt, FA SP Matt Garza, ChC SP Heath Bell, Mia RP Neftali Feliz, Tex RP Roy Halladay, Phi SP CC Sabathia, NYY SP Ian Kennedy, Ari SP Josh Collmenter, ArWas thinking CC and Bautista for sure and inbetween Hallady and Ellsbury for the third. Any help would be appreciated.
Ellsbury and Bautista for sure. I lean Konerko for the 3rd. I'm assuming the top 5 1Bs get kept and it's ugly after Konerko goes. I'd rather just shore up 1B and leave yourself with plenty of options in the draft. It's easier to patch together a pitching staff than it is find a 1B that hits 30+ HR's with a good avg. that hits in the middle of the lineup.
If you're keeping a pitcher, its Halladay, not CC. I'd throw Holliday in the mix for that 3rd spot, especially if you start 5 OF.

Who would u rather have in a keeper price or pence for next two yrs

If you're keeping a pitcher, its Halladay, not CC. I'd throw Holliday in the mix for that 3rd spot, especially if you start 5 OF.
Bautista/Ellsbury/Konerko Pitchers aren't usually keepable in H2H in my opinion?

I have won two straight titles in a dynasty league - but I am nearing the end of my window...here is my team specifically, should I trade for Santos and drop Motte...guy is offering me Santos (TOR) for either BJ Upton or Nelson Cruz. I am leaning at keeping Motte as Santos role is not clearly as a closer. Ponts scoring - wins = 15, saves = 7, K=1, IP = 1, er = -1...offense = 1 point per base, sb, rbi, hbp, r, bb. Start 5 SP, 3 RP; C, 1b, 2b, 3b, ss, 3 of and one player from ANY position.

C - Santana

1B - Teixeiria

2B - Kinsler

3B - Wright

SS - Tulowitzski

OF - Holliday, N Cruz, Ellsbury

DH - Pujols

Bench - A Ramirez, Scutaro, BJ Upton, Hosmer, N Swisher

SP - Scherzer, Lester, Gallardo, Hellickson, Haren

RP - Papelbon, Madson, Motte

Bench - Jaime Garcia, Derek Holland, Nova, Hughes, Minor

We keep an entire starting lineup and redraft 10 players...so the guys currently listed on my bench would be thrown back. Am I keeping the right guys? Is Santos better than Motte - so I could trade Upton for Santos and then keep him while throwing Motte back? What about Wright? Mets are terrible - Ramirez is in a hitter friendly park. But it's Wright...I HAVE to keep him don't I? Scherzer is my #5, will he outperform Nova, Hughes or Garcia?

Would like to go for the three-peat.

I have won two straight titles in a dynasty league - but I am nearing the end of my window...here is my team specifically, should I trade for Santos and drop Motte...guy is offering me Santos (TOR) for either BJ Upton or Nelson Cruz. I am leaning at keeping Motte as Santos role is not clearly as a closer. Ponts scoring - wins = 15, saves = 7, K=1, IP = 1, er = -1...offense = 1 point per base, sb, rbi, hbp, r, bb. Start 5 SP, 3 RP; C, 1b, 2b, 3b, ss, 3 of and one player from ANY position.C - Santana1B - Teixeiria2B - Kinsler3B - WrightSS - TulowitzskiOF - Holliday, N Cruz, EllsburyDH - PujolsBench - A Ramirez, Scutaro, BJ Upton, Hosmer, N SwisherSP - Scherzer, Lester, Gallardo, Hellickson, Haren RP - Papelbon, Madson, MotteBench - Jaime Garcia, Derek Holland, Nova, Hughes, MinorWe keep an entire starting lineup and redraft 10 players...so the guys currently listed on my bench would be thrown back. Am I keeping the right guys? Is Santos better than Motte - so I could trade Upton for Santos and then keep him while throwing Motte back? What about Wright? Mets are terrible - Ramirez is in a hitter friendly park. But it's Wright...I HAVE to keep him don't I? Scherzer is my #5, will he outperform Nova, Hughes or Garcia?Would like to go for the three-peat.
I'm actually more comfortable with both Motte and Santos than Madson. As is I think you have the right keepers across the board...but there has to be some team out there that'd be willing to take on an Upton, Hellickson and/or Tex type. I'd be trying to find a way to upgrade a current position, move Hell Boy + Tex + Upton then keep Hosmer and Minor. I'd explore that option, but if there's nothing I'd send Upton over for Santos then drop Madson, keep Minor over Hell Boy, and given how strong your team is I'd gamble on Hosmer over Tex. Tex will be better this year, but you need to mix in some younger high ceiling keepers. I think you can still win with Hosmer instead of Tex, definitely will make it harder though.Sorry, I rambled.

In an AL only keeper league, Here are my keepers:SantanaCanoLongoriaCruzJenningsBautistaWeaver ButlerAnd one more keeper to choose from:HellicksonMarkakisKendrickMorneauRasmusBuchholzIt's a H2H points league.
Update, I can trade for Asdrubal(cheap) and keep him at SS instead of keeping Kendrick. What's the better move, Kendrick or Asdrubal?

Asdrubal showed up to cap fat, the last 2 times he did that he got injured a/o sucked. Stay with Howie.

Who would you rather keep: Ben Zobrist or Brian McCann?
2 catcher league, McCann.1 catcher league, McCann.

I don't like Zobrist, I feel like Aaron Hill is almost the exact same player and I can get him 100+ picks later.
Say what?
Aaron Hill is a clown.Is Zobrist a lock to bat 2nd? I like him better than McCann. Catchers are so hard to get excited about. I'd love it if my league just dropped them all together.
*AHEM*Aaron Hill - 35/11/38/7/.302

Ben Zobrist - 44/10/32/7/.252

Same player, 100+ picks later. I don't expect Hill's average to maintain, but the rest will.

Got a tough one:5X5 average leaguekeep 10-12 Auction $260 5 year keeper maxI have seven hitters identified as well as three starters and a closer.I have Matt Cain in year four at $23 and Yovani Gallardo in year two at $19 (Players go up in price $5 in years 3 and five or you can option the third year with no raise). I think Cain is the safer choice, but Gallardo still has some room to grow and a little higher ceiling. The other starters I'm keeping are James Shields, Adam Wainwright and probably Jair Jurrjens. I would keep both but I'm already at around $140 so I don't want to handcuff myself as these guys are about where they should be as far as salary. Thoughts?
I would rather have Cain than Gallardo for this year and the four dollars is not a big enough deal to make that the consideration
:goodposting: I ended up getting Cain back at $25 but Gallardo and Wainwright along with a bevy of incompetent closers has set me back a ways. Already dealt Shields, Gallardo will be gone by the end of the week.

SuperBowl is a week away, and the Pro Bowl is this weekend(snooze).....first pitch of spring training is less than a month away!!!!!I'm thinking of one thing, and one thing only(okay maybe two, I've got an 8 day old baby girl) BASEBALL12 team 5X5 keeper(OBP)Keeper are given a keeper value based on where they were drafted the previous year(1st round $5, 2nd-5th $4, 6th-10th $3, 11th-20th $2, all others including F/A are a buck) Each year a player is kept their keeper value increases by $2C: M Montero: $31B: A LaRoche: $1 M Cuddyer: $42B: M Scutaro: $2SS: I Desmond: $13B: E Encarnacion: $2 R Zimmerman: $7OF: Ad Jones: $3 B Gardner: $4 J Willingham: $2 C Rasmus: $3 J Reddick: $1 A Eaton: $1 D Brown: $1 C Ross: $1 J Ruggiano: $1 J Jay: $1SP: C Sale: $2 M Scherzer: $3 WY Chen: $1 D Holland: $2 E Santana: $2 E Stultz: 41 RP: F Fransico: $3 G Perkins: $1I'lll be drafting in the top half with lots of big bats going back into the pool......In fact I've got a shot at the first pick(lottery for draft order)Whatcha think?

Do you have a keeper budget or is that just real cash that you pay to keep someone?

Users who are viewing this thread